• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Alright then...so I see this leak has gained more credibility. This is pretty interesting news to say the least.

Now, I'll be the first one to say that we should celebrate with hype. Ridley is a big deal to a lot of fans, and if he's in this could be a pretty damn big turning point in speculation for Smash as a series. Nobody seems to have ever been so desired by fans moreso than Ridley.

But please...and this may be why I'm considered the "Old Man" around these parts (at least I'm commonly called Old Man Jones from the Wii U days)...it may also be because after working with teenagers on a daily basis . as a teacher (and as a teacher, also a role model, counselor, etc) it absolutely breaks my heart to see people get upset over things they're disappointed by...please be sure to not take any of this at face value. If you convince yourselves now that there's no way this is untrue, and it turns out to be untrue, there's going to be a whole lot of hurt around here.

I'd hate to see something like that happen...again.

Nevertheless, I'm excited! Just, again, stay the course and take it with a grain of salt until we see undeniable proof (otherwise known as gameplay footage with UI and everything...ESRB leak type stuff)
Wait so do I just call you Older Man Jones?

Danpal65

Smash Lord
do you guys think people will finally stop including shulk as one of the third party smash characters
With Rex+Pyra being a very likely candidate for this Smash it will be kinda hard for people to justify him being a third party character, especially since Xenoblade is a first party series.

D

Deleted member

Are you gonna record it?

It's not valid if we can't see it :troll:
I am too shy... baka! I will show you the aftermath though, covered in my saliva.
This joke is starting to drag-on
What was that partner? I am getting @Space Stranger to put you on trial for that bad pun.
do you guys think people will finally stop including shulk as one of the third party smash characters
There are very rarely any people who think Shulk is a third party at this point...
With Rex+Pyra being a very likely candidate for this Smash it will be kinda hard for people to justify him being a third party character, especially since Xenoblade is a first party series.
I want Mythra! I want Rex and Pyra, but I want a trio with Mythra. Can not forget the biggest of the bunch.
You know, a trio with those three is better. Maybe Mythra does more damage and less knockback, Pyra does more knockback and less damage, Rex is in the middle. Kind of like a little Monando version. Any other thoughts? Got that idea from Mythra Mythra .

Last edited by a moderator:
People still call Bayonetta First party, Wonder Red third party, Level 5 characters second party, and more.

Shulk will be called a third party for all eternity. I know because I saw it in a vision
:061:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I want Mythra! I want Rex and Pyra, but I want a trio with Mythra. Can not forget the biggest of the bunch.
You know, a trio with those three is better. Maybe Mythra does more damage and less knockback, Pyra does more knockback and less damage, Rex is in the middle. Kind of like a little Monando version. Any other thoughts? Got that idea from Mythra Mythra .
I was thinking Mythra might appear as an alternate for Pyra, or, maybe they include the affinity mechanic and after you build it up enough Pyra becomes Mythra.
Their third form.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shulk will be called a third party for all eternity. I know because I saw it in a vision
vision.gif

I want to learn more from you.
Whatever floats your boat...I don't know whether to embrace the name or be offended. I'm only 25 :laugh::urg::cry:

Is this what they mean when they say it's hell to get old?
Look at me, I am a fourteen year old.
I was thinking Mythra might appear as an alternate for Pyra, or, maybe they include the affinity mechanic and after you build it up enough Pyra becomes Mythra. Then the final smash could be
Their third form.
Mythra should never be an alt for Pyra. Mythra is even more different than Lucina is to Marth. I do not want Mythra to be treated like Chrom, rather a fighter. Mythra is the biggest of the bunch and has a nice design, how could you forget her? Mythra also does make a nice representation for the Xenobalde Chronicles 2 by giving it more diversity.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I think it makes more sense if Pyra/Mythra were somehow integrated into Rex's moveset than being separate characters.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You remember everyone that was there?

I honestly remember like 35 people. And thats half by avatar.
Or at laeast it used to be.
I only recognize the people that stood out to me in one way or another. I'm suprised if people recognize me more than anything, especially since I changed my tag.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I’m late to the party, what is this leak about Ridley being playable?

Does the leak have any credibility?

I don’t care for his inclusion either way. Cool if he is in. Cool if he isn’t, but I know it’d make a lot of people happy, and I know Metroid needs to grow in terms of representation.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I don’t care for his inclusion either way. Cool if he is in. Cool if he isn’t, but I know it’d make a lot of people happy, and I know Metroid needs to grow in terms of representation.
I'd love to explain it again, but I'm tired. Just know that it's relatively credible as the guy also accurately predicted Captian Toad ports (both of them) and some other aspects of the direct.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013

Jonneh whose a part of the leak hinted at Mario Tennis Aces, Smash and Captain Toad on Switch before the latest Nintendo Direct went live. He also says on a tweet about Ridley, same day as the latest direct, that "we'll come back to this" referring to his tweet and the meme of how Ridley is too big. I have a link to the last, not to the others though: https://twitter.com/NomComms/status/971867102679322625
Hopefully someone else can help you out there.

I made a little write up for it.

It's up for you o decide how real it is based on the evidence
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-space-pirate-leader-ridley.446392/page-24#post-21951761

Guess I may as well post the whole thing here anyway instead of it being in JUST the Ridley thread.
During the hype of the March direct, staff of the site ResetERA began to hype things up themselves. This included multiple hints that smash would appear in the direct. Obviously, this was correct. However, what is relevant to this thread is what was said by Nibel and, most importantly, Jonneh. Both are ResetERA staff and gave a few special hints of their own.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5342832/

Now, for the sake of my sanity, im mostly going to ignore this one. Nibel could have meant anything, and I dont want to turn this into a Ridley shadow analysis. Im going to mostly focus on Jonneh.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5343241/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5308945/

ResetERA staff member, Jonneh, began hinting at something "too big." But that's not all
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Even on twitter, we have little hints to tie things together.
EDIT: these were previously tweets about a ridley image being "too big" and then a reply "We'll get back to this," both deleted by Jonneh

It's clear to me, that this is all hinting a Ridley having a "big" role. :p

And before people go "but wait!" Jonneh has had a pretty good track record of late.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...tered-announcement.15636/page-34#post-3140394

Here he is, hinting at Mario Tennis Aces
And here he is hinting at Captain Toad on 3DS and Switch

So he isn't just a nobody and clearly has ties to insider information. Now, does that mean Ridley is 100% confirmed!!?!?!

No. Sometimes inside info is skewed or wrong. Things like this happen. Hell, for all we know this is all one huge misunderstanding and Jonneh was never trying to hint at anything.

And even then, Jonneh said this
So. . .there's that

And, for those wondering about anything Emily has said
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5571386/

My suggestion: Don't get too excited. We don't know what the future holds, and I would hope Ridley fans learned their lessons after what happened with Smash For and shadow analysis.
If anyone knows of an error, let me know ASAP

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I missed a Ridley leak!?!?
Seriously we do need a leak group again. It was my favorite part of Smash boards.
...should we start one?

I only recognize the people that stood out to me in one way or another. I'm suprised if people recognize me more than anything, especially since I changed my tag.
You don't recognize me! I guess I'll need to capture ya.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You don't recognize me! I guess I'll need to capture ya.
...I think I vaguely do but not much else.
WHAT ABOUT ME?
you stand out more than a chicken in the pigpen. or something. but yeah I remember you.

To see if we can get a new subject, what new gen 7 pokemon would make good pokeball pokemon? I'd say Mimikyu for sure.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord

To see if we can get a new subject, what new gen 7 pokemon would make good pokeball pokemon? I'd say Mimikyu for sure.
I could see that. I reckon Bewear would work pretty well. Runs up and grabs/squeezes for damage.

D

Deleted member

Do you know what Smash Brothers needs? Waluigi.
I made a little write up for it.

It's up for you o decide how real it is based on the evidence
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-space-pirate-leader-ridley.446392/page-24#post-21951761

Guess I may as well post the whole thing here anyway instead of it being in JUST the Ridley thread.
During the hype of the March direct, staff of the site ResetERA began to hype things up themselves. This included multiple hints that smash would appear in the direct. Obviously, this was correct. However, what is relevant to this thread is what was said by Nibel and, most importantly, Jonneh. Both are ResetERA staff and gave a few special hints of their own.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5342832/

Now, for the sake of my sanity, im mostly going to ignore this one. Nibel could have meant anything, and I dont want to turn this into a Ridley shadow analysis. Im going to mostly focus on Jonneh.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5343241/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5308945/

ResetERA staff member, Jonneh, began hinting at something "too big." But that's not all
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Even on twitter, we have little hints to tie things together.

It's clear to me, that this is all hinting a Ridley having a "big" role. :p

And before people go "but wait!" Jonneh has had a pretty good track record of late.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...tered-announcement.15636/page-34#post-3140394

Here he is, hinting at Mario Tennis Aces
And here he is hinting at Captain Toad on 3DS and Switch

So he isn't just a nobody and clearly has ties to insider information. Now, does that mean Ridley is 100% confirmed!!?!?!

No. Sometimes inside info is skewed or wrong. Things like this happen. Hell, for all we know this is all one huge misunderstanding and Jonneh was never trying to hint at anything.

My suggestion: Don't get too excited. We don't know what the future holds, and I would hope Ridley fans learned their lessons after what happened with Smash For and shadow analysis.
If anyone knows of an error, let me know ASAP
This source is hard to trust, but it does show a sign of hope of Ridley. I am hoping for Ridley not only because he would make a good character, but to lick a statue of him.

Adventure mode needs this Piano from 64:
2423.gif

It would be scary and random, which is nice to include in an adventure once in a while. I am not saying add a lot, just add one or two scares to make the adventure mode have more depth to it. The piano does not scare me though, but it would scare others. :p
You're boring. :p
So is my life if you watched it... I will not make a recording of me licking Ridley unless...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I will remind you. I was the one that pissed everyone off with my imagination that could go too far overboard.

Was that not specific enough?:013:

...Also. Gen 7 pokemon.
Rockruff. UB1. Poipole.

I still cannot say Poipole without smiling. What is that accent? That one when people who say "purple" instead say "poipole?"

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I skip to the latest page of this thread and find out that there is a leak on Ridley.
If Smash 4 was a long and turbulent cruise across the ocean, then Smash 5 is going to be the fast and furious trek through rapids. It hasn't even been a week since its announcement and we're already getting this type of stuff. XD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is this an actual speculation at this point or is this a social? :troll:
Either way, still hyped for Ridley. We need more Ridley in Smash Brothers to be honest.
We need Ivysaur and Squirtle back, not Pokemon Trainer. They would be a nice face to see, as they all have very nice and unique move-sets. I am fine with Ivysaur and Decuideye in Smash Brothers. As well as Incineroar with Charizard.
No one recognizes you, filthy rodent :troll:
Raccoons are not rodents, bud. They are procyonidaes. Do your science buddy.
Unless...?
Not answering that question. :demon:
Gotta be honest. Starting to worry about you now mate
Do not worry about me. I am fine.

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
There’s loads of names they could go with:
Strife
Ultimate Fighter
Battle Royale
Crackdown (I’d lol if this was it)
V (even though not a name I think it’d look cool)
Ultimate Battle
Colossal Tournament

Personally I think Strife or Ultimate Fighter could be cool
I don't really care for strife. I mean, it is literally synonymous to stress or grief. Battle royale seems too cliche. A single word subtitle would be my preference, though, a multi word subtitle would be fine as well. I just want something cool and original.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Ridley leak!? wow I really hope this smash is finally a "for the fans" affair as far as whos chosen is concerned. I feel like after the ballot and everything they really are trying to give us who we want in smash and not sakurai's wacky roster ride. Would be amazing to finally get Ridley.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Super Smash Bros. Infinite

The silhouettes are the entire roster. No third parties. The reason they haven't shown any footage is because it looks like Melee graphically but with Sm4sh's artstyle.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I haven't seen anyone bringing this up, but remember how Sakurai said that they would keep the rest of the ballot results as a sort of reference for a future entry? Well, they might have picked a few newcomers who were voted the most after Bayonetta and Cloud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom