• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I do think there is some merit to looking at Mii Fighter costumes for potential characters.

• I̶n̶k̶l̶i̶n̶g̶
  • Isabelle
  • K.Rool
  • Chrom
  • Lloyd
  • K.K Slider
  • Toad
  • Viridi
  • Monster Hunter
  • Geno
  • Takamaru
  • Ashley
  • Knuckles and Tail (a man can dream)
It is too early to say if there is any merit, but it is certainly a plausible theory.

...who's that girl next door, living in the haunted mansion?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I do think there is some merit to looking at Mii Fighter costumes for potential characters.

• I̶n̶k̶l̶i̶n̶g̶
  • Isabelle
  • K.Rool
  • Chrom
  • Lloyd
  • K.K Slider
  • Toad
  • Viridi
  • Monster Hunter
  • Geno
  • Takamaru
  • Ashley
  • Knuckles and Tail (a man can dream)
I'm sure some of those characters were meant for Mii Fighters only and not meant for futther thought.
It is too early to say if there is any merit, but it is certainly a plausible theory.

Also this.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ashely would be a nice roster to join, as using those dark powers would be fun, but Waluigi would be a much better choice for a "Wario" type of character. Then again Ashely is more notable than Waluigi in the Warioware but still: Waluigi is #1.
Waluigi is counted as a Mario character based off his trophy in smash 4. If that means anythng.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Oh, I don't think they will all be playable, nor do I think newcomers will come exclusively from this list, I just think that at least during the last iteration of Smash, Sakurai deemed them worthy enough of being a costume. It's something, at the least.

Who knows. Maybe Inklings alone will be the only characters upgraded from a costume kinda how Little Mac was the only AT upgraded to playable from Brawl.

I'm sure some of those characters were meant for Mii Fighters only and not meant for futther thought.
Edit: response above seems to cover this too.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Waluigi is counted as a Mario character based off his trophy in smash 4. If that means anythng.
And this actually hurts my brain! I hope Waluigi is in the new Warioware. How dare they be from different series

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If you want to give hints to possible future characters in Mii costumes without giving too much away, it makes sense to mix them with some that will definitely not nab a roster spot.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
This Smash entry being announced just like that felt weird to me. Smash announcements tend to be revealed loudly and with a lot of fanfare to it rather than being quitely shown for a brief moment at a non E3 direct; and for good reason, since they tend to do this so that they can hire a development team. Brawl and 4 were revealed when not even Sakurai himself knew he would be asked to direct them. But it was still no less of a pleasant surprise. And Sakurai quitely working like that for who knows how long, probably two years right after the Smash 4 DLC ended.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wasn’t it the opposite in Brawl? Or am I making **** up?

Edit: he was in the Wario universe in the Smash Direct in April but then they changed it. That’s what it was.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was thinking Mythra might appear as an alternate for Pyra, or, maybe they include the affinity mechanic and after you build it up enough Pyra becomes Mythra.
No, I think they will put the Blade switching icon on Rex and then both can be in like they were in the game where you can swap between Pyra and Mythra freely (but will retain the same moveset just like I the game) , but switching to other blades will require cool down.
WE CAN CHANGE THE FUTCHA
Yeah, Mythra, Smash that future away.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This Smash entry being announced just like that felt weird to me. Smash announcements tend to be revealed loudly and with a lot of fanfare to it rather than being quitely shown for a brief moment at a non E3 direct; and for good reason, since they tend to do this so that they can hire a development team. Brawl and 4 were revealed when not even Sakurai himself knew he would be asked to direct them. But it was still no less of a pleasant surprise. And Sakurai quitely working like that for who knows how long, probably two years right after the Smash 4 DLC ended.
Smash 4's announcement was us being told when asked to develop Smash for either 3DS or Wii U, Sakurai said both.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You guys wanna have fun blasting a fake leak to pieces? A friend of mine found this while he was scrolling through archives of /vg/ on 4chan:

http://boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/208373047/smash-switch-leaks

NSFW warning btw, there's some cursing in the beginning of the post if people don't like that.

As much as I'd love for any of this to be true, I'm positive it won't be. Details are too specific imo, but that Wolf Down B sounds pretty cool.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Danpal65

Smash Lord
No, I think they will put the Blade switching icon on Rex and then both can be in like they were in the game where you can swap between Pyra and Mythra freely (but will retain the same moveset just like I the game) , but switching to other blades will require cool down.
In that case, could we possibly see Pyra/Mythra switching be his standard B? That could make sense. That way whichever one he has active will be the one that is part of his specials/smashes/whatever. I am not sure we will see other Blades make an appearance as part of his moveset though.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You guys wanna have fun blasting a fake leak to pieces? A friend of mine found this while he was scrolling through archives of /vg/ on 4chan:

NSFW warning btw, there's some cursing in the beginning of the post if people don't like that.

As much as I'd love for any of this to be true, I'm positive it won't be. Details are too specific imo, but that Wolf Down B sounds pretty cool.
I hope it's fake.

Seperating the transformation characters in SSB4 was one of the best changes imo. Linking Zelda and Sheik again would just be a step backwards.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

That's hideous, to say the least. Not a single change sounds good (or plausible for that matter).
On the topic of HW Ganon, I see no way he or really any reference to HW makes it in to the game. Its a niche spinoff title that Nintendo is addicted to for some reason. They aren't about to revamp one of Nintendo's greatest villains around it.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Although that early smash announcement just gave Nintendo a huge advantage at E3. Let's face it, when E3 does come people are going to be paying more attention to whatever Nintendo has to show about Smash rather than what Sony and Microsoft have to say. Unless it's Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFVII Remake. And they'll probably get delayed anyways

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Just to be clear, there is for sure a difference between cursing and derogatory slurs.

My best guess

But...she looks nothing like Rosalina...

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Transformation characters are probably best relegated to mode characters.

Such as Shulk w/ different arts that change his stats effectively creating multiple clones to toggle through.
Wario having an item that gives him a movement mode is another example.

Inklings able to navigate through ink as squids could be a future example.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Although that early smash announcement just gave Nintendo a huge advantage at E3. Let's face it, when E3 does come people are going to be paying more attention to whatever Nintendo has to show about Smash rather than what Sony and Microsoft have to say. Unless it's Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFVII Remake. And they'll probably get delayed anyways
I'm thinking about making a Beerus Hakai gif but Beerus is Nintendo and his hand is Smash and Zamasu is Sony and Xbox.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Smash is pretty much always an E3 win button. Sony could take it with, as you said KH3 and FFVII Remake, but there is no way Microsoft has anything big enough to trump anything. Then, if Ridley is announced it is basically game over, might as well cancel the rest of E3 from that point.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
OH, I know it is right, it just hurts my brain.
I wish Wario Ware would be on Switch.
With a Waluigi and Wario theme. And Mustard & Indigo Joycons.

That would be such joy.
I didn't know how badly I wanted those until just now.

I'd buy a Wario & Waluigi game in a heartbeat. I don't even care what genre it is.

Even/especially a Senran Kagura style game.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I hope it's fake.

Seperating the transformation characters in SSB4 was one of the best changes imo. Linking Zelda and Sheik again would just be a step backwards.
Agreed, it worked really well in Smash 4, so I don't really see a need to change it back.

That's hideous, to say the least. Not a single change sounds good (or plausible for that matter).
On the topic of HW Ganon, I see no way he or really any reference to HW makes it in to the game. Its a niche spinoff title that Nintendo is addicted to for some reason. They aren't about to revamp one of Nintendo's greatest villains around it.
Yeah, a lot of that seems pretty wild, but I think if the Link revamps were true, I'd be okay with that at least. Like Platinum said, having Zelda and Sheik transform again would be a step back.

Just to be clear, there is for sure a difference between cursing and derogatory slurs.
While true, cursing is kind of an umbrella term for terms like that for me, personally speaking.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Transformation characters are probably best relegated to mode characters.

Such as Shulk w/ different arts that change his stats effectively creating multiple clones to toggle through.
Wario having an item that gives him a movement mode is another example.

Inklings able to navigate through ink as squids could be a future example.
I dont quite think those examples are the same thing as transformation.

I'd like to see one, single character that transforms. one that has it as a core mechanic of the gameplay from which they come.

While true, cursing is kind of an umbrella term for terms like that for me, personally speaking.
It's just funny because I read your warning and said "pft... who cares about cursing," but then I read the post and I was all a tiff.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I didn't know how badly I wanted those until just now.

I'd buy a Wario & Waluigi game in a heartbeat. I don't even care what genre it is.

Even/especially a Senran Kagura style game.
Ecchi Wario game?

What in the actual ****?

Unless you mean a hack and slash.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team

Ok but why old Sheik but new Zelda?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I remember the phrase for Melee "Zelda has the best move in the game. Down+B"
Putting them back together is a terrible idea and really hurts each characters identity imo. Also a lot of people just want to play Sheik OR Zelda, not both of them. A relevant example I experienced was with Pokemon Trainer. A lot of people play Pkmn trainer to play as an individual Pokemon he offered, not all of them. It can be an interesting mechanic, but at the end of the day, most people seem to be at least a little disinterested in the idea.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Smash is pretty much always an E3 win button. Sony could take it with, as you said KH3 and FFVII Remake, but there is no way Microsoft has anything big enough to trump anything. Then, if Ridley is announced it is basically game over, might as well cancel the rest of E3 from that point.
Speaking of FFVII Remake, it seems to still be a long ways before it comes out

https://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-team-hiring-for-core-members--494092.phtml

Looking to hire core members after spending a few years in development... that's doesn't right. Remember when this game was announced as Sony's trump card that "won" them E3?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
In that case, could we possibly see Pyra/Mythra switching be his standard B? That could make sense. That way whichever one he has active will be the one that is part of his specials/smashes/whatever. I am not sure we will see other Blades make an appearance as part of his moveset though.
I think this can happen just look at Pokémon Trainer back in Brawl.

And maybe not B, but I think :GCDpad: will be the button that Switch blades, just like in the game, it is that you can switch between Pyra and Mythra without cool down, but switching to other blades you do.
But I know, I also hope you can also have an option to use only one Blade in a match... For competitive Smash wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom