• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Steve>Banjo
Geno>Isaac
Incineroar>Heihachi
Pineapple pizza>Pepperoni
I agree about the pineapple, but all your other opinions are some whacksauce :p

I hope we get another fire emblem chracther for even more salt and people will complain how fire emblem is overrated waifu trash and sayinh insert chracther should have got in instead
I also want Black Knight, not for the salt, but because the dude's a beast

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
in the Japanese version of Sonic Adventure there are actual references to the events of Sonic 3 & Knuckles which were removed from the Western ver.

In Sonic Heroes sonic actually questions why shadow is still alive but for some reason this was also taken out in the western version too.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Random question - who will have their CSS with Echoes separate and who will have it with the Echoes combined?

I'll be going with them separate myself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have never seen anyone with bigger tin foil hats than Shantae fans

And I did a study of conspiracy theories once

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My ideal character situations:

We get Banjo-Kazooie and Steve

Skull Kid

Geno

Isaac

Porky and Ninten (not as an echo)

Incineroar and Gengar

and more but this may be getting into DLC territory.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Random question - who will have their CSS with Echoes separate and who will have it with the Echoes combined?

Separate. Why hide them? I mean, options are nice, but I'd rather see all the characters

Potato_

Smash Lord

Separate because I want to see how ridiculously big I can make this roster look.

I'll also be buying all DLC for that same reason.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I hope we get another fire emblem chracther for even more salt and people will complain how fire emblem is overrated waifu trash and sayinh insert chracther should have got in instead
As someone who firmly believes the FE rep in Smash 4 was over saturated taking into account the fact that series like Zelda didn't even get a single newcomer, why is it that you relish in the salt of others? I for one prefer it when we get newcomers that produce massive hype even if I'm not all that interested in them. I'd think it awesome if Geno, Sora, Skull Kid, Banjo, or Shadow got in despite having no real personal stakes with them, just because I know how much excitement there'd be. It was similar for Ridley, K.Rool, Cloud, and so many others. I prob won't even play them all that much but the community in general was so hype I couldn't help but enjoy it.

On the exact flip side I hate the constant bickering that comes after characters like Bayo and dread it when I see the salt coming a mile away.

I also don't think whatever choice Sakurai makes is immune to criticism.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
DOOM representing first person shooters isn’t enough. What relationship does Nintendo have with FPS games? Outside of 3rd party relations not much. It’s a genre mostly foreign to Nintendo IPs until Metroid Prime. Splatoon is basically Nintendo’s own take on a shooter game. So take that in mind. DOOM isn’t so huge to Nintendo that it warrants a character because of its legacy. There are far bigger 3rd party potentials that would go first.
FPS is foreign to Nintendo?
Yeah it’s not like the N64 had Goldeneye,Quake,Perfect Dark,DOOM,Turok and more shooters.
And again, being big to “Nintendo” had never been a factor, so I have no idea why you keep on throwing that out.

I don't think every Smash character is iconic, especially some of the newer characters such as Robin or Corrin. Yes, most of the Smash64 characters are iconic, but I think a lot of other characters after 64 are not very iconic. I could be wrong though
The quote was in reference to third parties, my bad.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
The worst part about smash ulitmate news is the wait is too long i know we got like a chracther every month so far since August but the wait between then is so long and painful

Potato_

Smash Lord
As someone who firmly believes the FE rep in Smash 4 was over saturated taking into account the fact that series like Zelda didn't even get a single newcomer, why is it that you relish in the salt of others? I for one prefer it when we get newcomers that produce massive hype even if I'm not all that interested in them. I'd think it awesome if Geno, Sora, Skull Kid, Banjo, or Shadow got in despite having no real personal stakes with them, just because I know how much excitement there'd be. It was similar for Ridley, K.Rool, Cloud, and so many others. I prob won't even play them all that much but the community in general was so hype I couldn't help but enjoy it.

On the exact flip side I hate the constant bickering that comes after characters like Bayo and dread it when I see the salt coming a mile away.

This was my exact feeling for K.Rool. Didn't care about him in the slightest, but I absolutely loved seeing everyone get so excited and just plain happy.

Warms the heart you know? We need more of that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The worst part about smash ulitmate news is the wait is too long i know we got like a chracther every month so far since August but the wait between then is so long and painful
If you don’t think about it constantly it’s not that bad.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think with Brawl and Sm4sh you could just put it out of your mind for months at a time because it was so far away, but with Ultimate you're counting down the days so every second feels like an eternity.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman

Hey man the smash community can be a little annoying sometimes and i find it funny after how everything we got in smash Ulitmate people are still mad about fire emblem reps like chill fire emblem emblem isnt gonna kill you you got everyone BACK and ridley and K rool the most wanted smash community Chracthers

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
What I understand from this is Dreamworks hasn't denied it yet so Shrek is definitely in
Makes sense, he represents the movie industry as a whole and he'd be perfect for Smash.
Ah how I've missed your ****posting
>****posting
Luigi, i....
It's a good thing Kamiya deconfirmed Bayonetta in. I bet she'd be annoying to fight
>Kamiya deconfirms Bayonetta
>gets in
HOLY **** DANTE'S IN GUYS!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
How would ya'll rank these in terms of likelihood and personal want? Just for kicks.

Geno, Sora, Lara Croft, Neku, Slime, Terra, Agnes, any other major SE rep I forgot

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Undecided but since I plan to use both the originals and their echoes and don't necessarily like having to constantly switch back and forth, I may keep them separate. It all depends on what the final CSS looks like I'd say.
Watch as Black Knight gets his sword beams while Ike doesn't.
I think Eruption having three flames that go forward is supposed to reminiscent of that, but yeah I wouldn't be at all surprised if Black Knight's neutral special was something like Cloud's Blade Beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom