• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Damn. Looks like Xenoblade 2 is not this board's favorite Xenoblade game, that's for sure lol.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Anyways, I've played through the first 1/3 of Xenoblade 2 and just couldn't get into it. The characters aren't as enjoyable, the tone is odd, it's way too much like an anime I would've watched in middle school, and the combat is overly complex compared to Xenoblade 1's combat which was already complex.

The subpar voice acting? Xenoblade 1 had great voice acting, and wasn't nearly as anime as Xenoblade 2.
All of this really makes me wish they would just port Xenoblade 1 to the Switch...

Put it in a collection with XCX so I can try that game again while we're at it.

D

Deleted member

Welp, anyways, moving the conversation, I feel like a November Direct is more plasuble than an October one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I guarantee you that if Xenoblade 1 came out in this day and age, people will find plenty reasons to complain. Besides, it's a part of the whole series charm.
Not really. People seem to complain about Xenoblade 2 as a comparison against the original. The original never had anything to compare itself with except maybe Xenosaga or something?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Damn. Looks like Xenoblade 2 is not this board's favorite Xenoblade game, that's for sure lol.
It’s kinda ironic cause everywhere else I see nothing but praises for 2 while X is relentlessly **** on

(And X is my favorite :c)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The home game is a bit ambiguous about how exactly Zelda becomes Sheik, but its heavily implied that her magic does not actually change her sex, only make it easier to hide it (deepened voice, face and hair hidden, muscle tone emphasized). So no matter how you swing it, Sheik has always been a girl. Because Sheik is just Zelda.

I find it hilarious that Sheik is occasionally treated by the Smash team as a spoiler, yet Mecha-Fiora is open season to be put on display prominently.
How would Shiek be a spoiler? and what do you mean about Mecha-Fiora?

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
Xenoblade Chronicles > Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Xenoblade 2 is a game I can't stand at times. Its fanservice, oversexualization of female characters, art style, etc. Yeah, the battle system is fine. The music is pretty good. But yeah... Honestly, I regret buying the game digitally. I just thought I was going to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the first game. :[

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're not supposed to know Fiora is a Mechon until like halfway into the game. If anything Jade Face was a bigger spoiler than her.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
She’s in Shulk’s final smash and was also in Project X Zone 2 as Nintendo cameos alongside :ultchrom: and :ultlucina:

It’s like if Lucas’s brawl trophy synopsis was put on parade, not caring that appearance is a spoiler

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, as a filthy degenerate myself, I could care less about fanservice or oversexualization of male and female characters alike.

But the rabbit chick is where I draw the line.

Not because she has massive badonkadonks, no, I don't give a **** about that,

It's because she has those freaky-ass goddamn bone spurs acting like high-heels.

That **** is creepy and disturbing looking.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I played synchronicity if that counts
View attachment 167971
You're on thin ice.

You wanna take those words to the street boi?
Sure. When and where?
Damn, if one chapter that unequivocally made that game pretty much the greatest RPG of this generation trash, then I'm scared of what you think of Final Fantasy VII. :nifty:

Zeke I'll let it slide, but the ****ing moment you make Morag sound like a man and Nia a ****ty anime girl, I'm gonna pass harder than Shofu's bars.

Sir, you said moe wrong. Here's how you pronounce it.

FFVII is a great game, albeit a somewhat dated one
Huh you’ve probably never played Xenoblade 2 in your life or the first one that’s interstanding. :ultshulk:
Xenoblade 1 is one of my favorite games ever.

2 is weeb pandering trash

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
Huh you’ve probably never played Xenoblade 2 in your life or the first one that’s interstanding. :ultshulk:
Sorry I accidentally double posted owo'

Xenoblade Chronicles > Xenoblade Chronicles 2

The fanservice, the oversexualization of female characters, the art style... It has a great battlesystem and music and overall semi-open world landscapes, but the things I mentioned before make me despise the game most days. I regret buying it digitally because I thought I would've enjoyed as much as I did the first game on Wii and N3DS.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Honestly, as a filthy degenerate myself, I could care less about fanservice or oversexualization of male and female characters alike.

But the rabbit chick is where I draw the line.

Not because she has massive badonkadonks, no, I don't give a **** about that,

It's because she has those freaky-*** goddamn bone spurs acting like high-heels.

That **** is creepy and disturbing looking.
Rabbit chick and the Nopons are where I drew the line.

Like why are Tora and his dad (and most of the Nopons to an extent) really into little girls?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The more you use the SourceGaming patented method of likelihood the more it will likely bite you back.
Reason I got her a bit high is due to the suppose heroes vs villains theme going on and the fact Kid Icarus is one of Sakurai's babies. There's also Cree Summer's tweets that comes into account which was how Shulk was revealed for Sm4sh. For all we know it might mean nothing but thought it'd be something to bring up to mind.

Though I'll be disappointed if she doesn't make it. I'll still be happy with what I got. :ultkrool::ultridley:

Even then I can still hope for DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What is the board’s general opinion on X tho?
I'm not the biggest fan of it. Manily because the cast of characters are so dull. But I imagine it's favored more than 2 here, seeing as literally everyone is treating XC2 like the second coming of the Anti-Christ and's it going to kill millions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
She's a Girl... The blog is just run by a bunch of interns...
Really late on following up on this but I saw something earlier today from another user that explains this well.

Zelda is a female playing a male character when she is Sheik. After all Sheik isn't a real person, it's a persona, and Zelda can attach any gender she wants to it. So saying Sheik is male isn't really wrong, as long as you understand that he is a character and the person playing him is female.

Its actually my favorite way to look at it now, even if the Twitter went back and reffered to Sheik as female.
You know, I see this get mentioned from time to time, but when Sakurai’s “slowing the pace of reveals” statement was released, it was originally intended for Isabelle’s original reveal in 9/6/18 where we would’ve gotten 6 total characters in less than a month.

Since they most likely have planned when to reveal the new charcaters, and the fact that the delay existed because of uncontrollable factors, it would’ve been almost a month without anything by the end of this week if Isabelle was revealed when she was supposed to.

Linking this to what we’ve seen recently, it makes sense why we may get a newcomer soon. It would’ve been a month without new information if everything went to plan, which would’ve fitted Sakurai’s line of slowing down reveals.
I've been saying this since last night.

People assume because we got Sakurai's column last week that it means it was written then and there, when it probably was written back in the first/second week of September.

Yes, an entire month is a perfectly 'slow' pace.
This makes a lot of sense and helps me understand the whole "slower pace". I'm interperting his sentence on "don't expect reveals all the way until release" as we will probably see all the characters by Nov 2.
Welp, anyways, moving the conversation, I feel like a November Direct is more plasuble than an October one.
I think they are equally possible, but I'm defintely leaning towards before Nov. 2. The whole 10 day playlist thing and 2 or so weeks after the new tag is removed don't match up perfctly, so I think we'll have a direct announcment for either next week or the following.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can we have a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 talk without people shaming Pyra?

No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom