• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Alright what are we talking about no-

*Geno dream bashing*
Well, see you all later tonight then. :bobomb:
I was literally about to make this exact post! Damn you, man!
I never understood people who constantly feel the need to bash Geno and would outright be angry at a character as popular as Geno's inclusion. It's one thing to not like the character, but would the fans getting their wish really be that offensive to you? "Integrity of Smash" be damned, his fans deserve it at this point.
And no, I'm not taking "the fans are annoying lol" as a response to this. That is, and always has been, a non-argument used exclusively by Geno haters to discredit his persistent following.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Geno is important to his echo chamber of fans, which has grown to a fairly large size yes, and has support from Sakurai as well.

The issues that do exist however is, he's not very well known to the general public these days, and if SE didn't agree to allow him to be in the game that would stop any of Sakurai's potential plans of using him, if he intends to.

This is probably his last chance. If he doesn't show up in the base roster or initial DLC, I don't think he's happening.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then how about the fact the game had a major influence on the FPS genre? It’s essentially the genre’s pioneer. It’s iconic and still relevant to this day. Plus, almost every DOOM game has been on a Nintendo console bar DOOM 3. I’m not big on “Nintendo History” being a factor but it’s got a lot going for it when taking these fan rules into consideration.
Well, that being said, Link also should be in any cross over fighting franchise for the way how Ocarina of Time influenced 3D adventure games.

I.. still don't think that's enough of a merrit to be included in Nintendo's biggest cross over to be honest.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Or you know...maybe Geno Mii costume got a splash screen because the deal with Square was such a ****ing big and miraculous deal that anything was used. FF opening bombing mission, Chocobo music's, Forest maze etc.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know Geno's irrelevant and has only been kept alive because of Smash speculation.
I know he's a "literally who?" character to everyone else in the world.
I know that everyone would prefer Lara or Sora or Crono.
I know that if he misses Ultimate he's probably not gonna be in any Smash game any time soon.
But I like him! Mario rpg is a great game! I think he's cool! I want to see him in Smash! And I actually think he's got a decent chance!

I'm sorry I don't get attached to more relevant characters...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There's literally nothing wrong with wanting Geno in Smash, it's weird seeing people try to discredit the character's chances when they're higher than ever thanks to the ballot.
>Geno performed well in the ballot

2000px-Citation-needed.svg (1).png

Just a daily reminder: We don't know how well characters performed in the Ballot because we don't have the actual results.
I never understood people who constantly feel the need to bash Geno and would outright be angry at a character as popular as Geno's inclusion. It's one thing to not like the character, but would the fans getting their wish really be that offensive to you? "Integrity of Smash" be damned, his fans deserve it at this point.
And no, I'm not taking "the fans are annoying lol" as a response to this. That is, and always has been, a non-argument used exclusively by Geno haters to discredit his persistent following.
>Attacking the character of people who want to debate about the SE character and then boosting the character of Geno fans
>"his fans deserve it"

Look, if you like Geno, power to you. If he gets in, I'll be happy for all of you. But no one fanbase deserves their character's inclusion; Geno has valid points against him that his fans just ignore.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I know Geno's irrelevant and has only been kept alive because of Smash speculation.
I know that if he misses Ultimate he's probably not gonna be in any Smash game any time soon.
But I like him! Mario rpg is a great game! I think he's cool! I want to see him in Smash! And I actually think he's got a decent chance!

That is what I respect, you want Geno for actual reasons, and not to be part of some bandwagon.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Again, not nearly as much as K. Rool or Ridley.

Like, Geno speculation died down for Sm4sh in favor of Ridley and K. Rool, and his support has never been as big as it was during Brawl until now.

Nice way of ignoring his other point.
sorry, I just looked at my quote and responded to that portion Embarrass

anyway, I'm not sure if gaming legacy matters much here; Sakurai likes characters with gaming history, but when it comes to Geno he just sees him as a good character and one with a lot of requests, so as long as SE is willing to comply Sakurai should be able to get him (and he already got the license for his likeness when creating a Mii costume).

D

Deleted member

Just for fun (and because I'm slightly bored atm, lol), what are people's personal rankings for the remixes we've heard so far? Here are mine, and to make it so that there aren't too many video embeds, I only made rankings for songs that really stood out to me:

Ranked from worst to best:

I...really don't like this one all that much, lol. It kinda sounds like they just took the original, added an instrument or two, and then let someone play with the speed features on Audacity. 4/10

It's kinda sad that the only Pikmin motiff that exists to Smash composers is "DAAAA NA NA NAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAA". While this remix isn't bad, it has too much padding in the middle that sounds like it's about to lead into something, but never does. It just loops back to the main theme. 5/10

I like this one. It has a nice, although admittedly repetitive melody. 6/10

It's bright, happy, and fun, but kinda suffers from the same repetitive problems Galaga Medley does. I'd listen to it in Smash and enjoy it, but I don't know how often I'd choose to listen to it outside of playing the game. 6/10

This one caught me off guard! I really like that they went with something so different for an Animal Crossing song. It fits a frantic, high energy game like Smash but is also pretty reminiscent of the relaxing pace of the game it comes from. 7/10

They managed to take a soundtrack that is SUPER hit and miss and make a remix that is definitely a hit. I'm very excited for both this song, and whatever songs from Wooly World make it in. It's just so dang bouncy and happy, I love it. 7/10

This one right here is FIRE. I can't not think Sonic Adventure 2 when I hear it (Probably because of the composer!), and that makes me love it even more. 8/10

Hey, you got your Kingdom Hearts in my Street Fighter! And I LOVE it! I'm a sucker for any of Yoko Shimomura's music, so this is an easy win with me. 8/10

It's Kirby music. It was already god tier, all this does is simply reinforce that. 9/10

Legit got chills when I listened to it for the first time in June. The amount of Metroid love Ultimate is giving is almost enough to make this Metroid fanboy cry, lol. 9/10

Mario 3 is my jam, and the soundtrack from it is some of the best Mario has to offer. The fact it also sounds very Sonic-esque doesn't hurt, either. 9/10

Everything about this is amazing. I can't really put it into words, it's so, so dang good. F-ZEROOOOOOOOOOO/10

I have nothing to say other than Callie is best girl. Callie/10.

Music can make me pretty emotional when it touches me, and hoooooo boy does this one get me choked up. It brings up all the magical memories I have of playing BotW, and the wonder that game gave me the entire way through. Easily 10/10

I love Tomodachi Life and Miitopia so much, and the music is a big reason why. I mean, the 3DS version was already perfect, but this remix somehow manages to blow it away. 10/10

Easily the best track in the game for me personally. The beat, the fast rhythm, the goofy rap segments, and the fact it came from (in my opinion) the best character reveal trailer Smash has had yet makes this truly a masterpiece in my eyes. K. Rool being revealed was such a big moment for Smash fans, and this remix is very fitting and worthy of that. 10/10

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I literally just said that, but okay. If you want to argue semantics and act condescending be my guest. It's not the first time I've seen it, nor will it be the last. People will agree with you solely because you support Geno and I don't.

>Thinks Geno might not be the Square rep and gives reasons
>Gets treated condescendingly by above quote, not the first time
>Many Geno fans act like he's confirmed even though he isn't
>Geno fans aren't rabid

makessense.jpg

You know Nekoo Nekoo , you always seem to know exactly what I'm thinking, and find a better way to articulate it.
See, here's something I worry about: In the event that Waluigi or Ashley ever get into a Smash game as playable characters, the very, very, VERY first thing people will think is that Sakurai is appealing to toxic fanbases, since that's the reputation that those characters have around them now.
This will, in turn, cause bad PR for the game, and likely a gigantic ****storm.

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
The issues that do exist however is, he's not very well known to the general public these days
This can be applied to Issac as well, this could be applied to K. Rool too. We're in the ballot era "the general public" isn't nearly as big a factor for Ultimate's selection process as it wa in Smash 4.
Or you know...maybe Geno Mii costume got a splash screen because the deal with Square was such a ****ing big and miraculous deal that anything was used. FF opening bombing mission, Chocobo music's, Forest maze etc.
If this were the case then shouldnt' the Chocobo hat gotten the splash screen? Geno got one because it was his first Smash appearence after years of people asking for him, it was absolutely fanservice.

D

Deleted member

So inspired by the previous discussion, I made a Smash roster crossing over Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, Sega, Square Enix, Konami, Koei Techmo, Bethesda, and Atlus.
Nintendo::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultike::ultinkling::ultfalcon:
Capcom::ultmegaman::ultryu:,Chun Li, Leon Kennedy, Dante, Phoniex Wright, Amaterasu, Morrigan, Arthur, Stryder Hiryu.

Namco: :ultpacman:, Jin Kazama, Heihachi Mishima, Nightmare, Ivy, KOS-MOS, Lloyd Irving, Klohnolah, Dark Souls Protagonist.

SEGA: :ultsonic:, Tails, Shadow, :ultbayonetta:, Akira, Valkarie Chronicles Protagonist, Kazuma Kiryu, Goro Majima, Shenmue Protagonist, Akira/Joker, Flynn.

Square Enix: Warrior of Light, Terra Bradford, :ultcloud:, Noctis, Sora, Dragon Quest Protagonist, 2B.

Konami: :ultsnake:,:ultsimon:, Alucard, Bomberman, Bill Rizier.

Koei Techmo: Ryu Hayabusa.

Bethesda: Dovakin, Lone Wanderer, Doomguy.
EDIT: Added Atlus characters under Sega roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just a daily reminder: We don't know how well characters performed in the Ballot because we don't have the actual results.
I mean, from Vergeben's source himself, like someone beforehand said, Simon apparently did good enough in the ballot.
So for all we know, everyone in the Smash bubble is wrong and Bayonetta actually won the ballot, Goku was second, and some random dude like Botkai is third.
But AH do you think people will think about this wild mystery "X" factor? Nah

Chill dude, NO ONE said that we hate Geno lmao. Most of us would be happy he get in, and at worst be a bit disappointed that we didn't get more Big Gun characters from Square Enix.

Go and put your sudden Hate-speech propaganda and martyr talk away.

See. That's how a true fan act. I respect you Noipoi very much, and hope you'll enjoy Geno when he gets in! :happysheep:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This can be applied to Issac as well, this could be applied to K. Rool too. We're in the ballot era "the general public" isn't nearly as big a factor for Ultimate's selection process as it wa in Smash 4.

If this were the case then shouldnt' the Chocobo hat gotten the splash screen? Geno got one because it was his first Smash appearence after years of people asking for him, it was absolutely fanservice.
>Geno performed well in the ballot

2000px-Citation-needed.svg (1).png

Also, I'd be willing to say that Isabelle didn't do as well on the ballot as K. Rool or Simon, nor did Ridley because everyone thought he was forever disconfirmed.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair, the supposedly SF2-based Ryu has SF1's light/heavy system, a smash attack taken from SF3, and the focus attack from SF4.
The question remains though, which version would Nintendo use?

Stick to their usual thing of using the character's most well known form, combine a few incarnations to make a new design like they did with Solid Snake or have a choice like they did with Bayonetta and Cloud?

Chrono.

I'd like to attach a note to that and say that Classic Lara Croft would be a terrible choice as her repertoire is almost entirely based around realistic firearms, except maybe moving boxes and a grappling hook.

Modern Lara has more to work with (Bow & Arrow, Modern Climbing picks, setting things on fire) but I don't think that version appeared on a Nintendo console.
I think Lara's issue is more that, despite being rather iconic, she just doesn't have the clout someone like Cloud or Sora have. At least not anymore.

But more than that is that she just isn't popular with Smash fans, at least not as much as some other SE characters. And I feel there isn't a lot of overlap between Tomb Raider fans and Nintendo fans at this day and age.

I don't think she's quite a washed up rockstar-tier character like Duke Nukem, not anymore anyway. But I don't exactly see her happening before someone like Sora, a DQ character or even a second FF character.

Untouch

Smash Master
If Simon did do good enough to make Nintendo notice him, we can discard a lot of the fan polls because he never scored super high.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
See, here's something I worry about: In the event that Waluigi or Ashley ever get into a Smash game as playable characters, the very, very, VERY first thing people will think is that Sakurai is appealing to toxic fanbases, since that's the reputation that those characters have around them now.
2 things:
1. calling a fanbase toxic is misinformative. Every fanbase has toxic members but those ones are always the ones highlighted rather than the rest of the fanbase that's completely reasonable.

2. When Ridley and K Rool were announced, whom both had more than a decade and a half of fan outcry and plenty of toxic moments, absolutely nobody cared that those communities had a small amount of them be toxic.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This will, in turn, cause bad PR for the game, and likely a gigantic ****storm.
Didn't we had just got Ridley and K.Rool one after another with no big bad PR whatsoever?

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Chill dude, NO ONE said that we hate Geno lmao. Most of us would be happy he get in, and at worst be a bit disappointed that we didn't get more Big Gun characters from Square Enix.
Barret BLASTS EXPECTATIONS!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah, I see we're all following the Clairvoyance Theory now, what with everyone definitively citing ballot results.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
2 things:
1. calling a fanbase toxic is misinformative. Every fanbase has toxic members but those ones are always the ones highlighted rathet than the rest of the fanbase that's completely reasonable.

2. When Ridley and K Rool were announced, whom both had more than a decade and a half of fan outcry and plenty of toxic moments, absolutely nobody cared that those communities had a small amount of them be toxic.
Didn't we had just got Ridley and K.Rool one after another with no big bad PR whatsoever?
The difference between Ridley/K. Rool and Waluigi/Ashley is that Ridley and K. Rool's fanbases didn't literally become memes because of how awful they were/are. Okay, maybe Ridley's kinda did, but K. Rool's certainly didn't.
Everyone associates Waluigi fans with stupid 5 year old memelords and everyone associates Ashley fans with weeaboos and people who make unironic death threats towards Sakurai now because both of those became widespread perceptions as soon as they were deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Explain Inkling and Isabelle then, or Daisy. There is still the appeal to the more general public here.

I don't see Isaac being likely either btw, which i'd love to be proven wrong on.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ah yes. Making a splash screen for the hat.
Wait what? That's not the point?! Chocobo's were included in CLOUD TRAILER that's ****ing big enough for that!
Geno got his Splash Screen because his Mii Costume was a big deal! It ALLOWED you to play KINDA HIM kinda! Sakurai himself said so in the so called interview ! He use his arms like a gun! Just like the Mii Guner! And was the CLOSEST he could do for Smash 4!
Maybe for ultimate he will be playable! And I hope he does!

But Comparing a costume with a hat is weird.

Barret BLASTS EXPECTATIONS!
You. I like you.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Just for fun (and because I'm slightly bored atm, lol), what are people's personal rankings for the remixes we've heard so far?
Off the top of my head, my favorites are:
- Vega Stage
- Galaga Medley
- SMB3 Boss Theme
- Animal Crossing HHD track
- City Trial
- Brinstar Depths
- Bloody Tears / Monster Dance
- Gangplank Galleon

Rest range from good to OK; the FE one's the only one that just didn't grab me.

D

Deleted member

Also, I'd be willing to say that Isabelle didn't do as well on the ballot as K. Rool or Simon, nor did Ridley because everyone thought he was forever disconfirmed.
We don't have the numbers, though, so we literally can't say who did and didn't do well. Fan polls on forums are horrible indications for things like that as they can be botted to heck and back and are never a representative of the general audience. There is a HUGE disconnect from hardcore Smash speculators and casual fans outside message boards.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Also, I can assure you that Isabelle did not do well on the Ballot, nor did Daisy.
Show me the part of my post that said every single newcomer was ballot based. One or two characters getting in due to legacy (Simon) or relevancy (Isabelle) does not undermine the fact that Sakrurai said outright that K. Rool was chosen because of the ballot, and that Chrom and Dark Samus were also highly popular requests.
It's also very confusing that we're trying to rewrite history and pretend Geno hasn't had a decade's worth of fan outcry. I don't even care about Geno but pretending he hasn't always been at the forefront of Smash requests is just absurd.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
It's times like this where I wish Smash wasn't just a Nintendo get-together featuring a good few 3rd-party characters, and instead some kind of massive collaboration between each of the companies involved so there wouldn't be nearly as much pressure that only a select few characters from one 3rd party could make the cut, and not just as characters.

Konami already has Metal Gear and Castlevania, with Bomberman on the side, but letting Goemon see the light of day or getting some Silent Hill up in here would be sick.

Capcom has so many damn franchises left that could have a major impact on Smash. Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Ghosts N Goblins, Final Fight, it goes on and on.

We could reasonably get more Sonic characters from SEGA than just Sonic +1, given how massive Sonic is, and we could legit see a resurgence of properties like NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, or Jet Set Radio.

And if SE were part of the foundation of Smash from the get-go, Geno could be in as a shoo-in (being half-Nintendo) alongside all the big names likes Erdrick, Sora, Crono, and Lara.

The hardest part about 3rd parties in Smash is the high barrier for entry and that it can't take up too much of the mainly Nintendo-based roster. I feel like 3 (with one being an Echo) is a MAX limit for one company to have characters in Smash, but I wish I could take that away and just let way more cool guest characters flow in. It's hard to celebrate gaming history when ~85% of that history has to be Nintendo. :/

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I prefer Lara Croft over every other Square Enix character outside of Geno

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
So inspired by the previous discussion, I made a Smash roster crossing over Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, Sega, Square Enix, Konami, Koei Techmo, Bethesda, and Atlus.
Nintendo::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultike::ultinkling::ultfalcon:
Capcom::ultmegaman::ultryu:,Chun Li, Leon Kennedy, Dante, Phoniex Wright, Amaterasu, Morrigan, Arthur, Stryder Hiryu.

Namco: :ultpacman:, Jin Kazama, Heihachi Mishima, Nightmare, Ivy, KOS-MOS, Lloyd Irving, Klohnolah, Dark Souls Protagonist.

SEGA: :ultsonic:, Tails, Shadow, :ultbayonetta:, Akira, Valkarie Chronicles Protagonist, Kazuma Kiryu, Goro Majima.

Square Enix: Warrior of Light, Terra Bradford, :ultcloud:, Noctis, Sora, Dragon Quest Protagonist, 2B.

Konami: :ultsnake:,:ultsimon:, Alucard, Bomberman, Bill Rizier.

Koei Techmo: Ryu Hayabusa.

Bethesda: Dovakin, Lone Wanderer, Doomguy.

Atlas: Joker, Flynn.
Out of curiosity, why not include the Atlus reps in the Sega section in this theoretical game?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Mfw everyone doesn't see that DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon is using the same argument as people saying that "X did well in the ballot so he's in" to bait y'all.

I swear to god, y'all master bait taker.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
We don't have the numbers, though, so we literally can't say who did and didn't do well. Fan polls on forums are horrible indications for things like that as they can be botted to heck and back and are never a representative of the general audience. There is a HUGE disconnect from hardcore Smash speculators and casual fans outside message boards.
This entirely, also I'm willing to bet Simon didn't even do well on the ballot speaking of which, Sakurai and his team just really liked Castlevania and felt it fit in Smash.

I seem to recall as well, people were generally disinterested in voting for Konami characters on the actual Smash Ballot because of Snakes departure. Not to mention Konami going off the deep end.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The difference between Ridley/K. Rool and Waluigi/Ashley is that Ridley and K. Rool's fanbases didn't literally become memes because of how awful they were/are. Okay, maybe Ridley's kinda did, but K. Rool's certainly didn't.
Everyone associates Waluigi fans with stupid 5 year old memelords and everyone associates Ashley fans with weeaboos and people who make unironic death threats towards Sakurai now because both of those became widespread perceptions as soon as they were deconfirmed.
I mean, there is a reason why people were calling K.Rool the second Ridley during DLC period. Then both get in, and it's just a "everyone wins" situation after that.

Also, yeah, "Waluigi for Smash" is becoming a meme for the third time but Ashley fans' reception isn't that bad.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The main difference is that while Ridley and K Rool are known for being highly requested characters, their fandoms aren't really seen as toxic like with Waluigi and Ashley.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Another great character icon! Did you draw it yourself? I drew mine.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>Mfw everyone doesn't see that DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon is using the same argument as people saying that "X did well in the ballot so he's in" to bait y'all.

I swear to god, y'all master bait taker.
I'm not trying to bait, but your point stands. I actually do love it when my logic is called out, and not my character. Add one to the many reasons I like you.

The fact is we don't know ballot results, so don't try to cite them.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's times like this where I wish Smash wasn't just a Nintendo get-together featuring a good few 3rd-party characters, and instead some kind of massive collaboration between each of the companies involved so there wouldn't be nearly as much pressure that only a select few characters from one 3rd party could make the cut, and not just as characters.

Konami already has Metal Gear and Castlevania, with Bomberman on the side, but letting Goemon see the light of day or getting some Silent Hill up in here would be sick.

Capcom has so many damn franchises left that could have a major impact on Smash. Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Ghosts N Goblins, Final Fight, it goes on and on.

We could reasonably get more Sonic characters from SEGA than just Sonic +1, given how massive Sonic is, and we could legit see a resurgence of properties like NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, or Jet Set Radio.

And if SE were part of the foundation of Smash from the get-go, Geno could be in as a shoo-in (being half-Nintendo) alongside all the big names likes Erdrick, Sora, Crono, and Lara.

The hardest part about 3rd parties in Smash is the high barrier for entry and that it can't take up too much of the mainly Nintendo-based roster. I feel like 3 (with one being an Echo) is a MAX limit for one company to have characters in Smash, but I wish I could take that away and just let way more cool guest characters flow in. It's hard to celebrate gaming history when ~85% of that history has to be Nintendo. :/
Jugglying between all the IPs in the Smash is already a big deal. I don't think adding more is a easy thing hold back by gatekeeping.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Go and put your sudden Hate-speech propaganda and martyr talk away.
Well, that's one way to spin my post. Woof.
I wasn't necessarily referring to the people in this thread, mate (although I have seen several people here already say they'd be miffed at Geno's inclusion). Hell, I've seen plenty of people on this website express toxic hatred towards Geno and his fans, so it's not even limited to obvious hotspots for this sort of thing like 4chan. Just because people here aren't saying it doesn't mean no one is. You're the one who needs to chill before calling me a martyr for expressing my thoughts on bashing popular characters.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Ashley fans' reception isn't that bad.
Have you been living under a rock? After the August 8th Direct, one Ashley fan said Castlevania was a dead franchise, another said he literally wanted to murder Sakurai, and then that was all it took. Ashley fans have been vilified ever since and they have a reputation that they will likely never shake off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom