• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Also I'd been busy all day so I've only now been able to check the blog and saw that the "New" tag is gone from fighters.

Reveal when? :/

Shroob

Sup?
But anyway, yes.

If they copy the trend they did with Isabelle, aka update the playlist 10-11 days before her reveal, then the Direct/Reveal would fall on....

October 10th/11th, which, honestly makes perfect sense.

October 11th is a Thursday and most Directs land on a Thursday.

Though, now watch. We'll get blind sided with news of a Direct THIS week later today and it'll come out on the 4th.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's correct.

For Japan.

I feel like all of these screenshots are taken from the JP version obviously, since Blood Falcon's alt is still called Hell Hawk.
Well the JP version of SSB64 spelt it Silf Co. and the banner said "Got a catch 'em all" but managed to be fixed for the international versions. So here's hoping it gets changed.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey, guys, what are you- *sees Zinith's avatar* nevermind, was nice seeing you.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Jeez, I haven't been here for the entirety of yesterday. Has anything new happened?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Jeez, I haven't been here for the entirety of yesterday. Has anything new happened?
Actually, something very related to the word 'New' happened.

The 'New' tag disappeared from the Fighters icon, and a video was added to the Japanese Smash YT playlist which means we should have a new character incoming.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I hope Silph ends up getting spelt correctly.
It's correct.

For Japan.

I feel like all of these screenshots are taken from the JP version obviously, since Blood Falcon's alt is still called Hell Hawk.
You won't be having to worry about this since, if you go to the stage section of the website, you can find this screenshot with the correct spelling.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Actually, something very related to the word 'New' happened.

The 'New' tag disappeared from the Fighters icon, and a video was added to the Japanese Smash YT playlist which means we should have a new character incoming.
Well, the playlist incident I remember, but the other one I don't. Yeah, we're in for something good, maybe.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Would anybody here be salty if we got Wurmple?
Considering the way more popular Gen III options, yes.

But it's kind of hard to find a character that gets zero salt, anyway. Like, even some of the most obvious and popular characters still have those not interested in them, so...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But anyway, yes.

If they copy the trend they did with Isabelle, aka update the playlist 10-11 days before her reveal, then the Direct/Reveal would fall on....

October 10th/11th, which, honestly makes perfect sense.

October 11th is a Thursday and most Directs land on a Thursday.

Though, now watch. We'll get blind sided with news of a Direct THIS week later today and it'll come out on the 4th.
Thursday? Oh nice!
*remembers I have a full shift on Thursday* oh no

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Anyone thinks it looks wierd and ugly that they updated the textures on the models for the N64 stages but the 2D sprites are still low textured? It clashes so much and just looks bad to me. If they are going to keep the Pokemon sprites low res then do the same with the building textures.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something to consider:
1, E3 Nintendo Direct: 12 June 2018
2. Super Smash Bros. Direct: 8 August 2018
3. Release date: 7 December 2018

Another Smash Bros. presentation in October would make it so there would be information released on a roughly bi-monthly basis between E3 and the release date. A second Smash Bros. Direct soon makes a lot of sense considering this.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Hey I wanted to share something interesting here regarding Medusa and Cree Summer;

A while back I asked Cree on Twitter if there was anyway she could hint at playable Medusa.. she did like that post.

Now comes the fun part; a couple of days ago I asked pretty much the same, however this time she retweeted and liked my tweet within an hour and right away deleted the retweet and unliked.. this is certainly suspicious and sneaky in my eyes to say the least (like a hint is supposed to be). Last time she liked, now she did all this, possibly realizing a like wasn't enough. I don't know her thoughts, so maybe her intention at first was different, but to me this certainly looked like an attempt at a hint from her to me.

I have screens of the retweet (the like for some reason didn't appear in my twitter inbox but it did appear as a notification from the app itself on my phone, but I clicked on it before taking a screen).

Screens:

https://imgur.com/OGBTcp6

https://imgur.com/FFk4hWu

Disclaimer: doesn't confirm Medusa but it's very suspicious, in my eyes at least.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Considering the way more popular Gen III options, yes.

But it's kind of hard to find a character that gets zero salt, anyway. Like, even some of the most obvious and popular characters still have those not interested in them, so...
I mean, Gen III does have some obscure picks (in terms of popularity) that could work, like Mightyena or Manectric. Or, we could try Swampert (not too obscure).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also, this is my Halloween avatar :yoshi:
Ya know, I'm actually pretty attached to dragon Ninian as my avatar, but I could probably bare to part with it for a month to get my maximum spoopy on. Let's go with Guzzlord for a little while.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, Gen III does have some obscure picks (in terms of popularity) that could work, like Mightyena or Manectric. Or, we could try Swampert (not too obscure).
Generally, the starters aren't really obscure. Some are less known than others(the middle evolutions are very often the least known, as they're often not promoted nearly as much as the base and final forms. Exceptions can exist, obviously).

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
They could made the Pokemon Sprites on the Saphorina City Stage in better quality. :s
I mean "Yay, nostalgia." but even the Happy Tree was remade and it is good.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ain't my boi adorable? Go give him a hug :yoshi:
So adorable, I get the feeling he wants to hug me... with his gigantic teeth.

Hey I wanted to share something interesting here regarding Medusa and Cree Summer;

A while back I asked Cree on Twitter if there was anyway she could hint at playable Medusa.. she did like that post.

Now comes the fun part; a couple of days ago I asked pretty much the same, however this time she retweeted and liked my tweet within an hour and right away deleted the retweet and unliked.. this is certainly suspicious and sneaky in my eyes to say the least (like a hint is supposed to be). Last time she liked, now she did all this, possibly realizing a like wasn't enough. I don't know her thoughts, so maybe her intention at first was different, but to me this certainly looked like an attempt at a hint from her to me.

I have screens of the retweet (the like for some reason didn't appear in my twitter inbox but it did appear as a notification from the app itself on my phone, but I clicked on it before taking a screen).

Screens:

https://imgur.com/OGBTcp6

https://imgur.com/FFk4hWu

Disclaimer: doesn't confirm Medusa but it's very suspicious, in my eyes at least.
It should give us some pause, and Medusa's one of the more interesting echoes I'd like to see. I could explain it as perhaps she liked them because she's supportive, but then hearing the responses may have made her realize liking/retweeting would give a false impression, if Medusa wasn't in. That still leaves some questions open, such as why she wouldn't clarify unless under an NDA (but that could be asked of many characters), but it's an example of how suspicious activity could be explained outside of a potential character reveal. While not in my predictions, I do hope Medusa makes it in, perhaps she could go head to head with Medusa in Dracula's Castle. :upsidedown:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Here's a thing. Say we do get 108 stages. The last 5 stages are all from new series and they all get characters with them. What and who are they?
Kyle Hyde: Hotel Dusk
Takamaru: The Mysterious Mansamuse Castle
Greta Thunberg: The outside of Swedish parliament
Some other person I think is cool: Some trees and dirt and whatnot. Someplace outdoors.
Harvest Moon 64 guy: the farm

Which Smash character would you like to see turn into Peach with the Super Crown?
Um... Bowser.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also I'd been busy all day so I've only now been able to check the blog and saw that the "New" tag is gone from fighters.

Reveal when? :/
I love how this is turning out.
I can't wait to see when it finally is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Something to consider:
1, E3 Nintendo Direct: 12 June 2018
2. Super Smash Bros. Direct: 8 August 2018
3. Release date: 7 December 2018

Another Smash Bros. presentation in October would make it so there would be information released on a roughly bi-monthly basis between E3 and the release date. A second Smash Bros. Direct soon makes a lot of sense considering this.
If history wants to repeat itself, we could see a late October release, but we've been seeing so many mid-month Directs, I'm gonna bank on a range for the final Smash blowout before release between October 7th - 15th.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
So adorable, I get the feeling he wants to hug me... with his gigantic teeth.

It should give us some pause, and Medusa's one of the more interesting echoes I'd like to see. I could explain it as perhaps she liked them because she's supportive, but then hearing the responses may have made her realize liking/retweeting would give a false impression, if Medusa wasn't in. That still leaves some questions open, such as why she wouldn't clarify unless under an NDA (but that could be asked of many characters), but it's an example of how suspicious activity could be explained outside of a potential character reveal. While not in my predictions, I do hope Medusa makes it in, perhaps she could go head to head with Medusa in Dracula's Castle. :upsidedown:
That could be an explanation yes, however keep this in mind:

https://twitter.com/Jesse_deValk/status/1035722714361815040?s=09

This is my drawing she retweeted early September. She never deleted the retweet. Also, it seems weird to me to retweet and like it and all the sudden right after doing so, realize how that might be suspicious, especially when she's already shown somewhat suspicious behavior before and has been called out on it, then even went on to like that tweet calling her out. She's likely aware of what she's doing, and she definitely doesn't seem like she'd be that oblivious. Though of course I don't know her personally. Not saying it can't be the case, but it seems odd to me.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
How many people here are virtuous to begin with? :warioc:

The game comes out in 2 months and 4 days which is an exceptionally short waiting period anyway.

I should get on that later...
I actually don't expect much now that I stopped character speculation. Now only thing I want to know if there is good single-player content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom