• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For some reason I’m expecting a Star Fox remix to be posted this week

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
For some reason I’m expecting a Star Fox remix to be posted this week
Same...honestly I don't think anything other than a Pokemon remix would have shaken up the music theory as much. Unless we get a second series remix, that would basically blow the whole theory wide open.

But yea something like Star Fox or Mother is likely.

Untouch

Smash Master
Sakurai should put out a Mario Kart remix so we can argue whether or not it debunks the music theory or not because Mario Kart DOES get it's own section on My Music.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm not the biggest fan of her Japanese voice acting but it still would be cool if we at least get two voices for Bayonetta.
What annoyed me in Smash 4 is that in Japan, the game gave you an option for English voice Bayonetta when you used her Bayo 1 alt. Meanwhile Japanese VA was exclusive.

I don't see it happening (especially since Cloud still has his Japanese voice even in English), but the option is all I want. I'd kill even for something as minor as Mewtwo's victory voice lines.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just another random theory slighty related to the blog theory.
So far, they made blog posts for 1 or 2 new stages each month (this includes new battlefield/final destination), along with some posts about returning stages.
The point is that they ran out of new stages to show.
If the 108 stages thing is true, there are still 5 stages to show, and if they make a post about 2 new stages each month from now, 2 stages in october, 2 in november, 1 in december during the last week, it would fit perfectly.
Does this mean that they will announce a direct soon? Maybe the second or third week of october?
I know that Sakurai said to not expect too many newcomer announcements soon, but it would make a lot of sense to get a direct this month.
It can even be the final Smash direct, who knows.

They have a lot of material yet to show on the blog, so I think the blog will continue being updated even after the game launches (because of this, I doubt they will show EVERYTHING in the blog before announcing the next Smash Direct).

If this is true, it's possible that they will keep one last character (in total secret, they'll say that the roster is final) to be announced during a regular direct in late november, or they will just reveal all the characters in october and that's it... or maybe in november they will announce DLCs....

I don't expect 5 characters during the next Smash Direct, there will be less, for sure.
Also I think it's possible that from now they will show 2 characters at week instead of 3, with some exceptions.

There is also the possibility that they will just stop showing new stages, but I think it would be a bad choice to promote the game, especially if you actually still have 5 stages to show.
>Smash Bros. fan theory
>Based on blog theory
>Secret reveal when Sakurai said the full roster would be revealed by release

A Smash Direct at the end of October to mid-November would make sense though. I could see that happening, just without the bogus theory.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'd kill even for something as minor as Mewtwo's victory voice lines.
Ooh this is a good call, would love to have these back.

Honestly I don't understand why there wouldn't be a voice option for the voiced fighters. All the lines are recorded.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai should put out a Mario Kart remix so we can argue whether or not it debunks the music theory or not because Mario Kart DOES get it's own section on My Music.
The two Mario categories are either separating the mainline Super Mario Bros. games (the platformers) from spin-offs overall, or it's like Brawl where only Mario Kart gets its own category.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
This whole talk about Nintendo vs. Shonen Jump. It makes me want that to be a actual game in reality. Man how awesome would it be...

I'd definitely main Deku. I love that young hero. Probably the most realistic and believable Shonen protag ever.
God, I'm imagining if I could team up Deku and Luigi.

My green boys. Green is the best color.

It's too bad it'd be Nintendo vs Shonen Jump rather than Smash vs Shonen Jump.
I'd love to team up Sonic and Goku.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Still the same thing just a different name.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I feel like if a Nintendo vs. Shonen Jump game were to occur Nintendo could wrangle in a third party or two for their side. I believe Sonic would have good chances, especially with Super Sonic being similar to Super Saiyan.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There should be 10 songs left to reveal in the website until the release of the game.

The following series with playable characters still don't have any new songs in the website:
1. Star Fox
2. EarthBound
3. Ice Climber
4. Game & Watch
5. Kid Icarus
6. Wario
7. Sonic
8. R.O.B.
9. Wii Fit
10. Punch-Out!!
11. Pac-Man
12. Xenoblade
13. Duck Hunt
14. Final Fantasy

Considering that Ice Climber, Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Final Fantasy are basically confirmed to not have any new music, that leaves 10 series that don't have new music on the website yet, so there's enough time to cover each of these series.

On the other hand, the sound test shown in the direct with the song counts shown for each category may not necessarily reflect the final game, as there could be unlockable music or music they deliberately didn't want to show back then. In addition, there could still be updates to the website after the game's release.

Either way, things are lined up quite well.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
>Smash Bros. fan theory
>Based on blog theory
>Secret reveal when Sakurai said the full roster would be revealed by release

A Smash Direct at the end of October to mid-November would make sense though. I could see that happening, just without the bogus theory.
Yeah, it's the "New Stages October Blog Theory", it's the coolest theory up to date, all the other theories are outdated and not cool anymore.

Anyway, I don't believe any of those theories, not even my own, I just stated it because I noticed this little thing and I know that some of you like to speculate on stuff like that. I don't even care if it's true or not, in 2 months the game is out.

EDIT: also the secret reveal that I mentioned as a possibility, was going to be in November during a regular Direct, before the release that's in december.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There should be 10 songs left to reveal in the website until the release of the game.

The following series with playable characters still don't have any new songs in the website:
1. Star Fox
2. EarthBound
3. Ice Climber
4. Game & Watch
5. Kid Icarus
6. Wario
7. Sonic
8. R.O.B.
9. Wii Fit
10. Punch-Out!!
11. Pac-Man
12. Duck Hunt
13. Final Fantasy

Considering that Ice Climber, Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Final Fantasy are basically confirmed to not have any new music, that leaves 9 series that don't have new music on the website yet, so there's enough time to cover each of these series with one more day for a song outside of any of these series.

On the other hand, the sound test shown in the direct with the song counts shown for each category may not necessarily reflect the final game, as there could be unlockable music or music they deliberately didn't want to show back then. In addition, there could still be updates to the website after the game's release.

Either way, things are lined up quite well.
You forgot Xenoblade.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Goku's the only 4th party character (besides maybe Mickey or characters that would come with Sora) that I'd actually be okay with making it in. He has tons of video game history, more than any other potential 4th party really. He also has smash history, sorta like Geno.
The only legacy he has is being in that one off game
I believe they're referring to Geno's legacy in smash speculation

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion

If there was a Smash vs. Jump would it be possible for Square Enix Gangan characters to get in? Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist crossing over with jump characters would be dope.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You forgot Xenoblade.
Yep, I did. Thanks for the heads-up. I've corrected the post already.

Also, speaking of which, with Xenoblade having its own category in the sound test, it means it's acknowledged as a series as opposed to a single game, as was the case with Smash 3DS/Wii U that predated both XCX and XC2.

I'm definitely expecting some music from the newer entries in the series even if nothing else is added to the game. The songs can simply play in the Gaur Plain stage.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm calling it, the track tomorrow is going to be from Xenoblade, and there will be an all out riot in this thread...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Still the same thing just a different name.
Sonic is a Sega character actually, not a Nintendo character.

In a hypothetical Nintendo vs X, Third Party characters likely wouldn't make an appearance, because the point of the game is Nintendo vs X.

That's why I'd prefer Smash Bros vs X in this hypothetical scenario. Characters from the Smash Bros. side would still mostly be Nintendo, but it would open things up for characters like Sonic and Megaman, hypothetically.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sonic is a Sega character actually, not a Nintendo character.

In a hypothetical Nintendo vs X, Third Party characters likely wouldn't make an appearance, because the point of the game is Nintendo vs X.

That's why I'd prefer Smash Bros vs X in this hypothetical scenario. Characters from the Smash Bros. side would still mostly be Nintendo, but it would open things up for characters like Sonic and Megaman, hypothetically.
Fair points there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Goku's the only 4th party character (besides maybe Mickey or characters that would come with Sora) that I'd actually be okay with making it in. He has tons of video game history, more than any other potential 4th party really. He also has smash history, sorta like Geno.

I believe they're referring to Geno's legacy in smash speculation
I really don't buy the whole "Geno is okay because of his legacy" stuff. If Geno were to get his support base started today, it wouldn't gain any traction due to him being shot down as a one shot third party spin off character. Geno and any one-off Zelda character, Mario spin-off character, or other such characters are in the exact same position as Geno, but have the added benefit of not being third party.

To say Geno is acceptable but, say, Waluigi or Mipha, or what have you, aren't just because Geno has been requested longer is gate keeping. Not saying that to you in particular, just my feelings on it in general. :p

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Yep, I did. Thanks for the heads-up. I've corrected the post already.

Also, speaking of which, with Xenoblade having its own category in the sound test, it means it's acknowledged as a series as opposed to a single game, as was the case with Smash 3DS/Wii U that predated both XCX and XC2.

I'm definitely expecting some music from the newer entries in the series even if nothing else is added to the game. The songs can simply play in the Gaur Plain stage.
There is one tricky part though with X music, its composed by Sawano, while XB2 has the same composers then the original.

I also would not be surprised if we would only get a new Xenoblade track of the original game like the Final Boss theme, Unfinished battle, Satorl Marsh(night version) or Tragic Decision

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I really don't buy the whole "Geno is okay because of his legacy" stuff. If Geno were to get his support base started today, it wouldn't gain any traction due to him being shot down as a one shot third party spin off character. Geno and any one-off Zelda character, Mario spin-off character, or other such characters are in the exact same position as Geno, but have the added benefit of not being third party.

To say Geno is acceptable but, say, Waluigi or Mipha, or what have you, aren't just because Geno has been requested longer is gate keeping. Not saying that to you in particular, just my feelings on it in general. :p
That's reasonable. He really shouldn't be as popular as he is today. I support him anyways though, because he seems pretty cool lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There is one tricky part though with X music, its composed by Sawano, while XB2 has the same composers then the original.

I also would not be surprised if we would only get a new Xenoblade track of the original game like the Final Boss theme, Unfinished battle, Satorl Marsh(night version) or Tragic Decision
Sawano did tweet earlier this year about a recording for a secret project, and it was later revealed to be alongside other known Smash composers

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Sawano did tweet earlier this year about a recording for a secret project, and it was later revealed to be alongside other known Smash composers
Do you have a source for that? Because I also heard from people that it was just for rerecording Uncontrollable for Elma in XB2

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I have to admit... While I tolerate Geno and want him confirmed just for the fanbase's sake, I think his inclusion would be one of the most confusing and dumbest in all of Smash history (oppinion obviously). Like I know they're going to make it a hype reveal, but it's such an obscure character that doesn't even get as much meme/internet attnetion as Ridley and King K. Rool did.

Idk Geno has always been a weird pick for me and I always dissmissed him, but I do think this is the game he'll make it in, even if it's as dlc.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do you have a source for that? Because I also heard from people that it was just for rerecording Uncontrollable for Elma in XB2
Last I checked Uncontrollable is the same in XB2 as it is in X...I didn’t notice any differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom