• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Would anyone have mentioned Minecon here if Steve hadn't appeared in "leaks?"
:thinking:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I have a question for Pokemon fans. Can you rank the Pokemon characters in Smash from Most Valuable to Least Valuable based on how much you like them?
Example:
Most Valuable::ultpikachu:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultlucario:
:ultgreninja:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultjigglypuff:
Least Valuable::ultpichu:
Most Valuable::ultlucario:
:ultpikachu:
:ultpichu:
:squirtle:
:ultgreninja:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ivysaur:
Least Valuable:4charizard:(Sorry buddy, but I'm just terrible with playing with slow heavyweight characters:()
It's only now that I remark :ultpikachu:'s icon looks a lot like Pokémon's 20th anniversary logo:
That's amazing.
Okay, so here's a little game for everyone. Let's assume one character from each of the following 12 pairs is getting cut in the next Smash. You decide who gets to stay.

:ulticeclimbers: or :ultgnw:
:ultdoc: or :ultyounglink:
:ultfalco: or :ultwolf:
:ultlucario: or :ultgreninja:
:ultlucina: or :ultchrom:
:ultrobin or :ultcorrin:
:ultrosalina: or :ultbowserjr:
:ultsnake: or :ultcloud:
:ultdaisy: or :ultrichter:
:ultlucas: or :ultisabelle:
:ultrob: or :ultwiifittrainer:
:ultridley: or :ultkrool:

Who would you save? You can base your decision on personal preference or likelihood. Doesn't matter what your reasoning is (although, feel free to explain your decisions if you want to).

For example, here's mine.

:ulticeclimbers:
:ultdoc:
:ultwolf:
:ultlucario:
:ultchrom:
:ultrobin
:ultrosalina:
:ultsnake:
:ultdaisy:
:ultisabelle:
:ultrob:
:ultridley:
:ulticeclimbers: Sorry G&W, this was a hard choice but I really like the Ice Climbers
:ultyounglink: Not a fan of Doctor Mario
:ultwolf:I like Wolves they're one of my favorite animals, so this was a no brainer
:ultlucario:My one of favorite Pokémon, and my secondary
:ultlucina:My main so she stays
:ultcorrin: Also my main so she stays too, also dragons are another one of my favorite creatures
:ultrosalina:More interesting than Jr
:ultcloud: I like Swordfighter, hence my mains, so this was also a no brainer
:ultdaisy:Don't have much of an interest in the Belmonts
:ultisabelle: I accept our hard working Cinnamon Roll
:ultwiifittrainer:I like her playing style better
:ultridley:Dragon alien over crocodile any day, for reasons mentioned earlier

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I think due to Sakurai’s statement, we won’t see a Steve in Smash announcement... at least in Minecon.

D

Deleted member

This game's whole gimmick is to not have cuts and bring back everyone but you guys somehow find a way to discuss cuts smh

Anyways, I'll make a 100-character roster
Echoes Based on Existing Fighters
02e - Funky Kong
10e - Ninten
11e - Blood Falcon
17e - Hilda
23e - Demise
27e - Galacta Knight
31e - Big Boss
38e - Shadow
40e - Louie
43e - Ravio
46e - Roll
49e - Hitmonchan
54e - Medusa
60e - Ken
63e - Jeanne
64e - Octoling

Mario:
69 - Waluigi

Donkey Kong
70 - Dixie Kong
71 - Cranky Kong

Zelda:
72 - Impa
73 - Ruto(Mipha as a costume)
74 - Darunia(Daruk as a costume)
75 - Skull Kid

Kirby:
76 - Bandana Dee

Star Fox:
77 - Krystal

Pokemon:
78 - Team Rockett(Meowth, Koffing and Arbok)
79 - Zoroark
80 - Mimikyu

F-Zero:
81 - Samurai Goroh

Fire Emblem:
82 - Hector
82e - Anna
83 - Ephraim
83e - Nephenee

Animal Crossing:
84 - Tom Nook

Punch-Out:
85 - Doc Louis

Xenoblade Chronicles:
86 - Elma
87 - Rex & Pyra

Unrepped:
88 - Isaac
88e - Felix
89 - Wonder-Red
89e - Prince Vorkken

Metal Gear Solid:
90 - Raiden

Sonic:
91 - Tails

Mega Man:
92 - Zero

Street Fighter:
93 - Chun-Li

Final Fantasy:
94 - Celes
95 - Black Mage

Castlevania:
96 - Alucard

3rd Party:
97 - Shovel Knight
97e - Black Knight
98 - Phoenix Wright
98e - Miles Edgeworth
99 - Rayman
100 - Crono

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm waiting for Minecon to be over and for people to be disappointed that they didn't get what was never promised. :4diddy:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Just checked the chat for about 8 seconds...and I already wanted out. Not surprised, though.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I've just got Minecon on in the background out of blind curiosity while working on other things. I doubt anything happens but who knows?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
27e - Galacta Knight
Alright, alright. Even disregarding the fact that Galacta is soft-deconfirmed, a Galacta Knight echo wouldn't work well at all. As Sakurai (as well as a certain user on this very thread) has mentioned... an echo needs to fit seamlessly over the echoed fighter's model. Galacta Knight wouldn't, simply because of his shield being about as big as his face. And he'd also have little use for the shield as a Meta Knight echo. I'd bring up the lance too, but since HAL seems to think a lance and a sword are used in the exact same manner, I won't use that as an argument. The only real candidate for a Meta Knight echo fighter is Dark Meta Knight. Morpho Knight wouldn't work either since not only does he dual-wield, but he's much too new. (The character himself; I'm aware his design is very old.)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Okay, so here's a little game for everyone. Let's assume one character from each of the following 12 pairs is getting cut in the next Smash. You decide who gets to stay.

:ulticeclimbers: or :ultgnw:
:ultdoc: or :ultyounglink:
:ultfalco: or :ultwolf:
:ultlucario: or :ultgreninja:
:ultlucina: or :ultchrom:
:ultrobin or :ultcorrin:
:ultrosalina: or :ultbowserjr:
:ultsnake: or :ultcloud:
:ultdaisy: or :ultrichter:
:ultlucas: or :ultisabelle:
:ultrob: or :ultwiifittrainer:
:ultridley: or :ultkrool:

Who would you save? You can base your decision on personal preference or likelihood. Doesn't matter what your reasoning is (although, feel free to explain your decisions if you want to).
:ulticeclimbers: They are actual characters.
:ultyounglink: Dr. Mario can be a costume alt for Mario, Young Link cannot be for Link or Toon Link
:ultfalco: A bird is more visually different from a fox then a wolf is.
:ultgreninja: I like Greninja more.
:ultlucina: She's one of my favs for FE.
:ultcorrin: I love female Corrin more as well as her moveset more.
:ultrosalina: She's my fav for Mario, Jr. is my most hated period.
:ultcloud: I like FF more then MG.
:ultdaisy: I like Daisy more, Richter can be an alt.
:ultisabelle: I like Isabelle more.
:ultwiifittrainer: Quirky character, I like her.
:ultridley: Though I like DKC more, Ridley has been wanted by more people for a long time.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We're still talking about the whole Minecraft stuff?

Just gimme a stage or an AT and we're good.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
One thing about Steve that I've been worried about for a while is how his design would fit into smash. So, how do you guys think they would decide to represent him? I was hoping they would go with a simpler design such as this:
I just feel like he would blend in better with the rest of the cast. I could also see them maybe make some of his details such as his shirt and hair be more than just a texture and stick out a bit, but I don't know if that'd work.

Untouch

Smash Master
Minecraft story made was never released in Japan AFAIK, so there's only one official design over there. No bendy limbs either.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
One thing about Steve that I've been worried about for a while is how his design would fit into smash. So, how do you guys think they would decide to represent him? I was hoping they would go with a simpler design such as this:
I just feel like he would blend in better with the rest of the cast. I could also see them maybe make some of his details such as his shirt and hair be more than just a texture and stick out a bit, but I don't know if that'd work.
That artstyle would work.

Maybe make their eyes work as they do in the upcoming Minecraft Dungeon...? Basically the same as normal Minecraft except a skin texture goes over them to work as "eyelids," and it seems their mouth can tilt as well.

Minecraft story made was never released in Japan AFAIK, so there's only one official design over there. No bendy limbs either.
imo bendy limbs would be weird, but I can see them keeping the limbs stiff while being allowed to move in more than just two directions.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's the design I would expect if it isn't an all new texture. It's clear and fits better than the regular in-game design. It's not like they can't redo character designs to make them work in Smash. Or base it upon concept art but do their own thing(Roy, twice no less!).

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I dunno, I would have thought Pac-man would be simpler and he's very animated (though I'm glad they kept his face simple). I have a feeling if Steve is in, he will be a little more expressive.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Minecraft Dungeon seems to add some expressiveness while sticking to the original style (though their limbs may have bended? I already forgot, I wouldn't want bendy limbs though I'd be fine with it).

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Minecraft Dungeon seems to add some expressiveness while sticking to the original style (though their limbs may have bended? I already forgot, I wouldn't want bendy limbs though I'd be fine with it).
They had some very minor articulation but no bending.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This is probably unrelated, but apparently the Taiga biome is going to be the first biome updated.

I guess people really like Foxes (I do too, I’m happy it’s Taiga).

That would be the best artstyle to have them fit in Smash if they were in.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If Minecraft content ends up in Ultimate, I expect a Creeper AT regardless of whether or not Steve ends up playable since Creepers are the mascot of Minecraft.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
You know, I never knew we would be going over a Minecraft event on a Smash forum...

Oh no

Their starting the iconic costume show floor...

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I dunno, I would have thought Pac-man would be simpler and he's very animated (though I'm glad they kept his face simple). I have a feeling if Steve is in, he will be a little more expressive.
Oh, I definately think he should be expressive. In fact, I could see that design working better to make him expressive as he doesn't have a bunch of squares cluttering his face.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, I definately think he should be expressive. In fact, I could see that design working better to make him expressive as he doesn't have a bunch of squares cluttering his face.
It's also important he feels accurate to his character, something Sakurai strives for. So I wouldn't expect a high amount of expression, just the bare minimum.

But hey, at least there's a tons of potential costumes these days.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774

Really, man? Still believe that we would get smash announcement at minecon? This is not related to Nintendo at all, sorry to ruin your hope like that.
It's not that I want the character anyway I'm just being openminded, they can have an unexpected Nintendo guest for Smash just saying ! Be always open at any possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom