• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InauspiciousPio

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CRZY#220
3DS FC
3308-4954-9081
The new teaser makes me wonder if Zelda will have the BotW look like Link does. Does this mean a new moveset for her? I can’t really see her old moveset with her BotW look.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Anyone a fan of Balloon Fighter?
He was, after all, the most iconic character linked to Iwata directly (meaning, not just his assisting).
Sakurai has always been one to show respect, and this is not a case that would be different (instead a case where it would be even more respect).

I could certainly see Villager having a different ^B (since the Balloons have very little to do with Animal Crossing anyway, just package arrival....Villager really has no reason to be strong aerially), and an entire moveset be based around Balloon Fighter's unique attributes.

I'm a fan of him and I have a tough time picking a retro rep this time around, excite bike seems hard to get a moveset for and takamaru, while really cool and who i'd choose for a retro rep, needs a series revival badly to feel relevant enough (of course pit did exactly this AFTER being in smash) and of course his "japan only" release makes it even harder to think he'll make it, even with the 3DS downloadable game and nintendo land. Of course I'd love to see him if nothing less than a samurai character would be completely unique and i do want one of the assist trophies to pull a little mac.

Balloon Fighter I always liked and he seems to have a close relationship with smash, would love to see him playable but that is entirely up to sakurai who has seemed to struggle to include him the past few iterations of the series. certainly would be fitting tribute to iwata though if he can pull off a moveset which seems to be where sakurai can't make him work.

Ayumi Tachibana also seems tough to make a moveset for, though she'd be unique, and she is like takamaru a japanese only character and sakurai seems less inclined to keep adding those over the years, as people have said before i'm assuming nintendo will reel sakurai back a bit from wild choices this time anyway. Though that said maybe our retro rep will be some bizarre sakurai pick like diskun so who knows really.

theres a few other retros of note imo like mach rider, though i think he missed his chances, and mike jones who has the opposite "western only" problem than takamaru so even less likely. Bubbles from clu clu land has been noted by sakurai as also been considered but once again a limited moveset kept him out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh yeah, speaking of Pokemon getting trimmed, who out of all them do y'all think will get cut? I feel like Pikachu and Jigglypuff are pretty obviously safe, and I feel like Charizard and Greninja will stay so Decidueye can round out the Fire/Water/Grass triangle. That leaves Mewtwo and Lucario; Mewtwo's already been cut once, but he feels a lot more iconic at this point than Lucario does. Both could be cut, I guess, but I think that'll only happen if Mimikyu is added in addition to Decidueye (assuming it makes it in, haha).
I'm fairly confident that we will keep all six Pokemon.

:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:

They're all really iconic and popular.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Now see, this is why I think we won't have any.

The timing.

Sakurai said that Awakening almost missed out on a new character back in Smash 4.

I think when the roster was decided...

The last game was either Fates or Shadows of Valentia.

And I doubt a SOV character.
If we had gotten a FE Switch trailer you can bet everyone would be sticking some character from it on their rosters by now.

What I will say is that if we've got some suped up port/half step sequel on our hands, then I could see the FE roster remaining unchanged. If we've got a new beast entirely, I think he'll allocate a spot for a FE character and IS will give him the old sneak peak. They've done it before. You know this Switch FE must've been in development at least since 2016. And with that I think cut(s) ensue.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Funny thing is unlike Smash 4 I can't actually think of a large number of Newcomers that I absolutely want to have other then a select few. Maybe it's just because Smash 4 gave me so many of the ones I wanted.

The new teaser makes me wonder if Zelda will have the BotW look like Link does. Does this mean a new moveset for her? I can’t really see her old moveset with her BotW look.
In a lot of ways I kind of hope so. It also depends on what route they would go because she does have a few different looks include a royal dress that could probably use the previous moveset as it's not that much different from the other gowns she's worn. If they went with one of her outfits it probably could still work though it might be kind of strange.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh yeah, speaking of Pokemon getting trimmed, who out of all them do y'all think will get cut? I feel like Pikachu and Jigglypuff are pretty obviously safe, and I feel like Charizard and Greninja will stay so Decidueye can round out the Fire/Water/Grass triangle. That leaves Mewtwo and Lucario; Mewtwo's already been cut once, but he feels a lot more iconic at this point than Lucario does. Both could be cut, I guess, but I think that'll only happen if Mimikyu is added in addition to Decidueye (assuming it makes it in, haha).
I guess it depends on how Sakurai looks at it. If he looks at it as wow I have four Gen 1 Pokemon in the roster, maybe one will be cut, but if he looks at it as relevancy, maybe we'll lose the Ninja, Lucario or even Jiggs. Pokemon probably doesn't need to be trimmed though. It's one of Nintendo's pillars. Keep on adding.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If we had gotten a FE Switch trailer you can bet everyone would be sticking some character from it on their rosters by now.

What I will say is that if we've got some suped up port/half step sequel on our hands, then I could see the FE roster remaining unchanged. If we've got a new beast entirely, I think he'll allocate a spot for a FE character and IS will give him the old sneak peak. They've done it before. You know this Switch FE must've been in development at least since 2016. And with that I think cut(s) ensue.
That only seemed to happen once.

Remember, Sakurai gave the date of 2012 and cited that if he hadn't played Awakening they would have missed the mark.

And yeah the lack of a trailer makes me think that the FE team isn't close to being done. I honestly think it might be delayed.

D

Deleted member

Honestly?

I think keeping our Fire Emblem roster exactly the same would be ideal.

:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:
I love the FE roster we already have.
Except, we need Chrom and Lyn in Smash in Switch. If we get them, then the perfect FE roster is here!

This is the twenty thousandth post. Huh, nice.
Also we know that all Pokemon listed are really popular, so I agree with keeping all of them. Jigglypuff was really popular at Japan and was notable in the Pokemon anime so Sakurai added her.
Add Incineroar and Decuideye and we got the perfect Pokemon roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
People (except Chron) are still ignoring Fire Emblem Heroes as a game, and it has two prime candidates for non sword Fire Emblem characters in Sharena and Fjorm. Chron believes in Fjorm, but I believe in Sharena because Fjorm was added to that game fairly recently. It's a full blown Fire Emblem game that people love, and is certainly worth considering.

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
In a lot of ways I kind of hope so. It also depends on what route they would go because she does have a few different looks include a royal dress that could probably use the previous moveset as it's not that much different from the other gowns she's worn. If they went with one of her outfits it probably could still work though it might be kind of strange.

The more I see of her in this dress, the more I want this version in. I gotta be honest, I'm a little over the OoT style look for her recycled in WW/TP/others.

This game was such a breath of fresh air (lol).

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I thought it would be a fun to think of a change for every character in Smash 4. It's pretty difficult. (Some ideas are far less serious than others, obviously :teeth:)
Mario: Cappy (cargo grab, down throw replaced with "capture" giving you brief control over opponent, aerial throw hits like a tether grab but can be bounced on and does not grab ledge), T-Rex Final Smash, new outfits

Luigi: Poltergust (side B, pockets and shoots projectiles, affects aerial movement)

Peach: chance that Tiara is used to block instead of Toad. Idk..

Bowser: Dry Bowser Alt, maybe a Wedding Alt. Idk.

Yoshi: just needs something done to his side B

Rosalina: maybe buff Luma a bit but give him perma death until new stock. More like Ice Climbers. Or not.

Bowser Jr: just needs buffs, or maybe variety of down B items like Peach. Incorporate Mario Kart items?

Wario: just needs less end lag on some moves. Idk.

DK: Funky Kong Alt? Coconut Gun? Idk.

Diddy: bring back the side B jump off spike and up B spike.

G&W: little more weight or more power

Lil Mac: let the KO punch help his recovery. That way he survives but wastes it.

Link: BotW Appearance, Tunic otW Alt, some updated moves, classic Smash shielding looks like Daruk's Protection, Urbosa's Fury on a long charge of grounded up B, would be crazy but remove second jump, add the glider and make Revali's Gale work like it does in BotW, wind tunnel lingers and affects others, arrows in air slow his momentum, bombs are remote now, Magnesis replaces Claw Shoot, maybe different arrows based on charge or angle. Have a recharge for Fury and Gale. Side B throws random weapon, including Boomerangs. Hylian Shield and Master Sword untouched.

Zelda: have her hold out a frog as a taunt. Idk.

Shiek: some BotW Shieka moves could be cool. Idk.

Ganondorf: further decloned, a Dead Man's Volley move, Melee Mewtwo's float tech, maybe Calamity Ganon Final Smash?

Toon Link: Lobster shirt, Skull Hammer forward or down Smash, Deku leaf foward tilt. A Wind Waking Final Smash

Samus: charge in air!! Some Samus Returns moves.

Zero Suit: logically should not hit harder than Samus.

Pit: some other up B.

Palutena: make some of her custom moves default

Marth: is fine, maybe time for an english voice actor

Ike: give him Urvan (axe) instead of Ragnell.

Robin: dash like Mewtwo. Better grab range.

Duck Hunt: give him the classic laugh as a taunt.

Kirby: some more Rock Kirby easter egg forms would be cool

Dedede: Make dash attack scary with armor again.

Meta Knight: Galactic Knight alt?

Fox: old voice back

Falco: third jump, Arwing Final Smash

Pikachu: Detective Alt with Ryan Reynolds voice clips

Charizard: change rock smash into something cooler, better aerial mobility

Lucario: make landing on stage after up B not awful

Jigglypuff: Buff the Puff, let her cancel rollout...

Greninja: Ash Greninja form somehow implimented

ROB: let side B stall momentum on Y axis so he can safely helicopter on and off stage, Ancient Minister Alt

Ness: Make neutral B not garbage.

Captain Falcon: consecutive taunts exponentially increase volume

Villager: nerf that recovery.

Olimar: alts for all captains

Wii Fit Trainer: use the balance board some how

Shulk: just better frame data

Dr Mario: revert to a Mario alt

Dark Pit: revert to Pit alt, or Pit and Dark Pit need to utilize different weapons from the game

Lucina: Marth Alt

Pac-Man: Ms PacMan alt

Mega Man: fix leaf shield

Sonic: needs a more inspired moveset, considering he has two fighting games of his own

Mewtwo: let him attack once out of teleport in air, like Olimar

Lucas: is fine I guess, but make him main roster, not D

Roy: cut again or further declone him. Put him on a horse..

Ryu: Ken alt?

Cloud: nerf, or make him the new standard

Corrin: make less use of the Yato blade, focus on lances and dragon powers, get further from being another generic sword user. (Is already pretty unique though)

Bayonetta: ban (nerf)

Miis: give us a fourth option, mages.

People (except Chron) are still ignoring Fire Emblem Heroes as a game, and it has two prime candidates for non sword Fire Emblem characters in Sharena and Fjorm. Chron believes in Fjorm, but I believe in Sharena because Fjorm was added to that game fairly recently. It's a full blown Fire Emblem game that people love, and is certainly worth considering.
I would see it being Anna before either lol.

Anna at least has some old appearances to their name. Fjornn is super duper new I think, and Sharena is just kind of . . .there. Other than having a spear I wouldnt say she has any standout qualities.
The more I see of her in this dress, the more I want this version in. I gotta be honest, I'm a little over the OoT style look for her recycled in WW/TP/others.

I repeat
Because they're coolio
:061:
:061:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm choosing to ignore not FE Heroes, but FE Heroes' original characters.

Meaning, I'm looking at those polls and other data and say that LYN is by far the most popular character in that game.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'm glad Sakurai seems done with Fire Emblem characters. While I won't deny that FE is popular, 6 seems very overdone.
I love the FE roster we already have.
Except, we need Chrom and Lyn in Smash in Switch. If we get them, then the perfect FE roster is here!

This is the twenty thousandth post. Huh, nice.
Also we know that all Pokemon listed are really popular, so I agree with keeping all of them. Jigglypuff was really popular at Japan and was notable in the Pokemon anime so Sakurai added her.
Add Incineroar and Decuideye and we got the perfect Pokemon roster.
8 characters is so stupid. Cut Lucina as a character. FE feels overdone.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Anna at least has some old appearances to their name. Fjornn is super duper new I think, and Sharena is just kind of . . .there. Other than having a spear I wouldnt say she has any standout qualities.
I think her importance comes from being a lord in this very popular game and not being another blue haired sword lord like Alfonse. I agree that Fjorm is way too new. Anna would be the most logical from a history standpoint, and they could put her in her merchant outfit but still using an axe, seeing as both are now canon.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

I agree, though it might be I was kind of tired of the Twilight Princess model by now. If they're going to update Link to his BoTW appearance it would be a shame if they kept the Twilight Princess model again for Zelda.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Preliminary responses to my poll (https://goo.gl/forms/TsclwVXe7srTKj9y1 ) have King K.Rool and Bandanna Waddle Dee with 11 votes each. Ridley has 5 votes and Rex has 4.

76 votes have been cast.

So far, characters entered into the 'other' field includes Aiai, Micaiah, Sandbag, Marina Liteyears, 2B and Brian.

D

Deleted member

If FE gets a 7th character and Kirby still has 3, I'm gonna be mad.
I know, right? We need Bandanna Dee in Smash Brothers.
If someone has a Bandanna Dee Fire Emblem sprite ( no, not the two together, Badanna Dee drawn like in Fire Emblem ), I would love that.
I understand Lyn but why Chrom?

No offense Opo.
Chrom does not have to be an Ike clone. Give him different moves from his games. I want Chrom because he looks really nice and deserves to be a fighter. Also he deserves more than just a Mii costume and lying on the ground. At least he is in a victory pose and in a Final Smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
All this talk of needing to trim the roster...why? Besides the silly argument that certain series are “improperly represented” what need is there to cut?

I enjoy every single Fire Emblem character because they’re simply fun to play. Why remove that enjoyment when you can just add other characters?

I don’t understand why anyone would actively advocate to remove a specific character. It’s like breaking somebody else down for your own enjoyment.

Cuts may be a sort of reality (who knows with this game?) but let’s remember- clones like Lucina are added because they’re easy to make toward the end. Them being similar to another character is literally the point in them being in smash.

I say leave Fire Emblem alone. I don’t necessarily think we should advocate for any more additions (I think Celica could be fun but eh), but I don’t think we should cut characters people like simply because to some, “they have too many characters”.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Meaning, I'm looking at those polls and other data and say that LYN is by far the most popular character in that game.
I've stated that a ton in this thread, and that is the ideal outcome for me. I'm throwing out other options as people are trying to look at recent options rather than classic ones. Lyn is my favorite FE character my a landslide and I want her playable. Just tryna appease both the "more immediately relevant" people as well as the "no more swords" people.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Squirtle was very iconic, though.

I dont think that matters. I think we are most likely to see Greninja cut (since Pokemon seems to have a last in/ first out mentality as far as Smash goes).

But I'd personally like to see Jiggs and Greninja cut, if it has to be two, so that the overall quality of Pokemon in Smash could be more rounded out.

Chron

Smash Journeyman

This game may take a similar route to that of Arms and Splatoon 2, with a fully brand new game, but without as many characters, and free being DLC released overtime. I personally would much rather have this than the... Smash 4 mechanics...:scared:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be fair, people will throw characters on a roster for anything :p
I mean in excess of those who change their roster as often as their outfit. :p

That only seemed to happen once.

Remember, Sakurai gave the date of 2012 and cited that if he hadn't played Awakening they would have missed the mark.
Right, because the timing only worked that way once. It's happened twice now for Pokemon. So in general it's a precedent that has happened multiple times. Even more for other content.

And Sakurai also said if Awakening had happened six months earlier, nobody from that game might've been considered, which we all know is bs. I feel that his actions speak louder than his words. With Roy, Ike, and Corrin, IS has been involved prior to inclusion of the character. That's all three Smash games FE has had a presence. I see no reason that trend would differ.

Edit: In any case though, that wasn't really my original point. It was more that peoples' opinions of what's ideal will change along with the roster like clockwork... count on it.

And yeah the lack of a trailer makes me think that the FE team isn't close to being done. I honestly think it might be delayed.
K well remember that when it's at E3!

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
All this talk of needing to trim the roster...why? Besides the silly argument that certain series are “improperly represented” what need is there to cut?

I enjoy every single Fire Emblem character because they’re simply fun to play. Why remove that enjoyment when you can just add other characters?

I don’t understand why anyone wo actively advocate to remove a specific character. It’s like breaking somebody else down for your own enjoyment.

Cuts may be a sort of reality (who knows with this game?) but let’s remember- clones like Lucina are added because they’re easy to make toward the end. Them being similar to another character is literally the point in them being in smash.

I say leave Fire Emblem alone. I don’t necessarily think we should advocate for any more additions (I think Celica could be fun but eh), but I don’t think we should cut characters people like simply because to some, “they have too many characters”.
Yeah it really sucks to come to this thread and attempt discuss Fire Emblem only to be aggressively approached with "stop thinking about new stuff when you should be thinking about who is gonna get cut because your series is too big!" The discussion about who is likely to be new isn't aggressive at all, but we're met with unnecessary aggression because some people don't like Fire Emblem.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

I don’t understand why anyone wo actively advocate to remove a specific character. It’s like breaking somebody else down for your own enjoyment.

When 2/7ths of DLC is Fire Emblem, I think "too many characters'' might have a point.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Let's say I'm really fed up with Fire Emblem characters in Smash. Honestly, I'd cut Lucina and Corrin.
Why Corrin over Roy? I’ve never understood how surprisingly not uncommon the notion to keep Roy but cut Corrin is

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Guys it literally doesn't matter how many reps a series has; Sakurai himself has gone on record saying he doesn't believe in the concept.

Smash 5 is not gonna shoehorn characters into the roster or cut characters from the roster for the sake of evening out the numbers between franchises. If a character gets in, it'll be because of their own merits and their own merits alone.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again; characters get in because of who they are, not what they are.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Posted this in another thread but I'll post it here as well for more opinions...

---

I wanted to start speculating on some things...
Specifically on possible changes to some movesets :4link::4zelda:, specifically for these two since they are more than likely going to at least get redesigns, and seeing as Link's my main and I have a decent Zelda as well I feel I have some know how...

:4link:
Lots to talk about here!
-Most likely change from Smash 4 would be the removal of the Gale Boomerang, unless customs come back, then it'll possibly be one of the options, but I can see the normal boomerang being set as the default again...The Gale definitely has it's uses, it can help prolong combos and strings as well as be used for gimping in certain situations and at times can help Link get out of combos, but generally it's used for spacing and option coverage, to which most of the time the wind box isn't really needed at all...beyond it's few uses the wind box is more of a gimmick and the opponents at times can use it against Link...

-Clawshot? Now BotW Link doesn't have any sort of grappling weapon in the game (which was a huge wasted opportunity) but that doesn't necessarily mean Smash BotW Link won't have it, at the end of the day both Link and Zelda regardless which games they are based off of, represent the Zelda franchise and both are composite characters in some form or another...and the Clawshot/Hookshot is one of the most iconic items in the Zelda series...I have heard people throw around the idea of replacing it with Magnesis to use magnetism to grapple and tether instead, to which I feel it would mostly be just and aesthetic change but one that would suite BotW a lot better, but also helps to incorporate the Sheikah slate into his moveset at least...

-Bombs, they will stay for sure but I could definitely see them incorporating the new bomb Runes into Link's moveset, but instead of simply going off after a set time, Link can detonate them (similar to Snake's C4's)...perhaps they can still go off after 4 seconds as well...I feel this would be a very beneficial change to Link as well as not only would it make the bombs more dangerous for the oponents, but it would be a huge boost to Link's recovery since bombs allow Link to use his Up B a second time but if given the ability to detonate it would allow Link to use it to live longer without hoping they go off before he dies...and just like in the game they would more than likely require some cooldown time so that he wouldn't have infinite uses off stage...in addition perhaps the spheres and cubic bombs could be RNG dependent, cubes just sort of land where they land and spheres can roll along the stage until they fall off or go boom...

-Up B...it's very possible that Link could keep his Spin Attack as it is still very prominently featured in BotW...I just hope if he keeps it they make his grounded Spin attack either just a single swing like in the games, or actually have a lingering hitbox and not make the spinning sword useless if it's blocked...now spin attack aside, another useful move for recovery could be of course Ravioli's Gale, and have him Hanglide afterward...So in other words it would be similar to Snake's Cypher (man Link may as well be the new Snake) except with an upwards lifting windbox...perhaps the whirlwind can stay for a few seconds and could send other players into a slight tumble animation as they get lifted upwards...of course Link can use an aerial out of it...

-Return of the Illusion stab, he hasn't had his rapid jab since melee, why it was removed is beyond me not like it was broken in Melee or anything, but BotW Link not only has Furry Rush to justify it's speed but also his charged spear attack is basically the illusion stab...he still retains his 1-2-3 jab but I feel he may once again attain his illusion stab...

-Final Smash-Triforce Slash may remain, but perhaps with an aesthetic change...A Stasis+Flurry Rush combo, would literally be the exact same as the Triforce Slash but as he's wailing on the opponent a red arrow is shown pointing in which ever direction Link is facing then after the final hit and stasis wears off the opponent is now send flying...perhaps while Link is going ham, the player can manipulate what position Link is in so that he can make the most of his positioning and launch...

-Link's shield...these could make for interesting additions...perhaps if timed correctly when a projectile hits Link's shield you press L/R he deflects it back at the opponent...strict timing just like in BotW but worth it if you do get the timing...giving Link not only a way to block projectiles but a frikkin reflector can really make the opponent respect him more...another thing that could be cool is allowing Link to shield surf after pressing L/R+A at the same time and he either hops on his shield or flips forward when in the air (giving him some horizontal recovery) and of course if there's a slope, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

-As for the rest of Link's moveset...I don't see the need for many changes (except for some balancing tweeks) BotW Link seems to be the most proficient of a fighter compared to the rest of the Links in the series given he's a trained royal Knight as opposed to some random 10 yo, or shepard, or blasksmith, etc...I wouldn't be surprised if he straight up has A LOT better frame data on his attacks such as his Fair for example, perhaps even changed to a triple hitting move, for example...Dsmash and Usmash could be faster as well, but with that said...he may not pack as much of a punch compared to TP Link who made a living wrestling Ordon Goats...oh and he can do this...

Holy **** how heavy is Dangoron? He must be at least 1000lbs and Link just tosses him aside like he's an inconvenience... I mean Iron boots just make you heavier, it doesn't make you frikkin Superman!
Yeah anyways I feel Link may be a bit weaker in the new Smash, compared to previous entries but he'll probably be a lot faster and more efficient with his swordplay...

Unless he's just a skin and there'll be no changes whatsoever, which would be somewhat disspointing, but given how big of a game BotW was, is and will be years down the line and how much it changed the Zelda formula, Link may get a lot of attention in this new iteration of Smash...As a Link main since Smash 64, I'm both excited and nervous about what changes may or may not happen...

:4zelda:
Not as much here but still some
-Final Smash-Sealing Power, summons a powerful AOE blast and anyone trapped within will get damaged and as the AOE implodes they get sent flying from the center...Sheik would likely keep the Light Arrow in her Final Smash

Other than that I don't see many changes to Zelda's moveset since BotW Zelda literally does nothing else in the game that could be used in Smash...TP Zelda is already using attacks from OoT and Spirit Tracks and since the Phantom Armour is in BotW's DLC anyways there's not much of a reason to remove it, plus it is still a decent attack...

FIX HER GAWDDAMN DIN'S FIRE!!!!! Seriously its one of the worst attacks in the entire game as she's completely vulnerable while using it AND she goes into freefall if she's in the air which makes it useless for recovery...and also fix a lot more things about her...like hitboxes and frame data...and yeah...

But with that said maybe they could also implement some of her attacks from Hyrule Warriors if they're really feeling some serious changes, but honestly I don't see them going too crazy in that realm...

:4samus::4zss:I'll talk about later....

:4mario:Maybe as well since I played the game...

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Why Corrin over Roy? I’ve never understood how surprisingly uncommon the notion to keep Roy but cut Corrin is
Because he's Our Boy.
(Is why Roy over Corrin. Didn't want any confusion there. :laugh:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom