• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I thought for sure they would add every character I would think that, but last game we didn't even get one of those after DKC Returns' success.

I do think we are getting one of them for sure though.
Dixie Kong wasn't brought back into the series by the time Smash 4 came out, and I feel that Sakurai only really became aware of K. Rool's overseas popularity after the ballot, which was seen in K. Rool being included as a DLC Mii costume.

I think because of Tropical Freeze for Dixie's case, and likely scoring high in the ballot in K. Rool's case, both are quite likelier going into Smash 5 than they were going into Smash 4. I'd be surprised if we don't get at least one of them.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm not even going to try to predict a character that is a certainty to be in Smash 2018.

Or you know, I'll just say Spring Man.

Even that though, Sakurai is a tricky man to predict.

Style Savvyist?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't aware of this twitter post, but I've been contemplating the inclusion of Chibi-Robo for a while. I know his games don't sell well, but he's always come off as an iconic Nintendo character in kind of a cult following way.

Just seems like a lot of people seem to know and kind of like him for some reason. Nintendo sure likes to push him. I don't know. I can see it happening. He definitely has potential.

He definitely seems likely as an unlockable oddball character.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
The lines in his eyes are just lines that are part of his eyes.

The biggest thing people are missing is that they didn't even make the image for a tweet. It was made as art for Zip-Lash, which came out almost 2.5 years ago.
I don't think any of us speaking positively of Cheebs think this image actually means he's getting in. Basically it's just that the tweet is from 2018, hes on fire, and there's some lines in his eyes that sort of make a cross. I'm really just memeing about it because I love Cheebs and wish he were treated better, but I recognize that he probably shouldn't be a playable character in Smash.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
May I ask you why do you think Dixie is coming before Rool? I mean, Rool has MASSIVE popularity and people is constantly asking for him even more after the ballot came out
Dixie is still real popular, maybe not as popular as K.Rool, but still popular. In addition to that, She has appeared in Tropical Freeze, which is returning to Switch. If K.Rool shows up in the Switch version of Tropical Freeze (Which I doubt) or another game at E3 (Which I also doubt) I'd say he'd be all but confirmed for smash.

Unless he's literally confirmed for smash at E3, then he'd be confirmed.

Cazzone

Smash Cadet
Dixie Kong wasn't brought back into the series by the time Smash 4 came out, and I feel that Sakurai only really became aware of K. Rool's overseas popularity after the ballot, which was seen in K. Rool being included as a DLC Mii costume.

I think because of Tropical Freeze for Dixie's case, and likely scoring high in the ballot in K. Rool's case, both are quite likelier going into Smash 5 than they were going into Smash 4. I'd be surprised if we don't get at least one of them.
I’d love to get both at this point, if Kid Icarus can have two new reps in a new entry, so does DK...

Also sorry guys if my English isn’t perfect, I’m new here and I’m from Italy ahah!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
THOSE

ARE

HIS

EYES

NOT

SMASH

SYMBOLS

Goodness guys.
It does look remarkably like the smash symbol though. (It literally means nothing, since it was unintentional imo)

The face they brought up Chibi-Robo again at all means more than those eyes. Nobody is even talking about that, haha

Also sorry guys if my English isn’t perfect, I’m new here and I’m from Italy ahah!
Whenever someone says that (you included) they seem to have better english than half of the native speakers hahaha

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
It does look remarkably like the smash symbol though. (It literally means nothing, since it was unintentional imo)

The face they brought up Chibi-Robo again at all means more than those eyes. Nobody is even talking about that, haha
Maybe they aren't killing the franchise because that game was a horrible game to base a franchise's life on. That, or they're publicly sacrificing him by burning him alive, which is sadly more likely lmao.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Speaking of that tweet with Chibi-Robo, I've seen people theorizing that the companies that responded to it have something to do with Smash too.

You know, like how the official Mega Man Twitter responded to it with a picture of Fire Man.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Maybe they aren't killing the franchise because that game was a horrible game to base a franchise's life on. That, or they're publicly sacrificing him by burning him alive, which is sadly more likely lamo.
Or... Smash could be used to spread the character to the masses and build popularity. It has happened before with Fire Emblem so Smash could be his saviour.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Maybe they aren't killing the franchise because that game was a horrible game to base a franchise's life on. That, or they're publicly sacrificing him by burning him alive, which is sadly more likely lmao.
I bet if a Chib-Robo game came out on switch last year it would have been the best-selling Chibi-Robo game to date.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Yeah I realized too that those lines are actually part of his eyes.. oh well.. maybe his recent 3ds game can serve as an excuse to Sakurai to consider him, as bad as the game may had been. But yeah I'm not too possitive about his chances. I'll be content if they put his gamecube game in the Switch's virtual console or something.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I bet if a Chib-Robo game came out on switch last year it would have been the best-selling Chibi-Robo game to date.
I really hope they remaster the original Chibi Robo for Switch. People would actually play it, and it's a great game. If it is still received well, they reboot the franchise and stick to that working formula the original game had rather than the garbage formulas they whipped up for his other games. Why didn't he stick to cleaning houses and killing evil house monsters?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At first I was not the biggest fan of Isabelle in Smash and then you came into my life. I accepted Isabelle in Smash recently. I saw when you said that only Villager representing Animal Crossing is "dangerous", Animal Crossing is more than just Villager. Also we need more dogs in Super Smash Brothers.
*piano intro*
At first I wasn't sure, I was skeptical.
Kept thinking Isabelle would never work as playable.
But then you came into my life and I browsed your dialogue
All was defogged,
And I learned to support the dogs!

And now I'm back,
From other threads
Where I've completed liking every post that was ever read.
I should've known it's dangerous, I should've known one would not compel,
A single rep could not suffice, AC needs its Isabelle!

Hey hey!

And now back to work.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
DK newcomer? If we go by relevancy, it would be either Cranky Kong or Funky Kong. Cranky Kong would certainly be an interesting choice since he’s the OG Donkey Kong.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I like to base my predictions on facts, and character popularity is pretty low on my criteria for likeliness, barring a few exceptions like 3rd parties.

DK newcomer? If we go by relevancy, it would be either Cranky Kong or Funky Kong. Cranky Kong would certainly be an interesting choice since he’s the OG Donkey Kong.
Not K.Rool OR Dixie?

PERISH

Last edited:

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of that tweet with Chibi-Robo, I've seen people theorizing that the companies that responded to it have something to do with Smash too.

You know, like how the official Mega Man Twitter responded to it with a picture of Fire Man.
And that, suspicious(to say the least), tweet by Capcom saying something about Protoman wanting to fight.

Cazzone

Smash Cadet
I think both Cranky and Funky are cool, but they’re funny and relevant in their OWN series (DK), but they don’t represent the series as a whole like Dixie (main protagonist in one of the three DKC and female icon to the series) and Rool (major villain) do.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Now look, guys, I don't wanna get any hopes up, but Sakurai once said he uses figmas of characters to pose them and see how said character looks doing said pose.

With that said, Phoenix Wright got a figma last year...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think both Cranky and Funky are cool, but they’re funny and relevant in their OWN series (DK), but they don’t represent the series as a whole like Dixie (main protagonist in one of the three DKC and female icon to the series) and Rool (major villain) do.
They may be funny.....
.....but do they have funny faces?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
You're telling this to a community who speculated that the font color to the words "SMASH FINAL VIDEO PRESENTATION" was a hint as to who would be included as Smash 4 DLC.
Man, some of the things i've forgotten that went on here... makes me laugh to be reminded and think back, Ridley's shadow analysis etc... man this community is great... People went full csi on the font colour... lol good times, looking forward to many more.

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
For the names, just stick to numbers from now on and call it good, I say. Or better yet, Roman numerals. 'Cuz that just looks cooler.
That would be so lame. I don't see other games doing that! Keep thinking up cool subtitles, people, keep up the good work. It would be cool however, if the subtitle started with a V and actually had a cool sounding name.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Man, some of the things i've forgotten that went on here... makes me laugh to be reminded and think back, Ridley's shadow analysis etc... man this community is great... People went full csi on the font colour... lol good times, looking forward to many more.
Remember people actually measuring the shadow and comparing it to Pikachu? Ridley speculation was absolutely wild and I'm shocked we aren't seeing more of his passionate cult making an appearance here.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Now look, guys, I don't wanna get any hopes up, but Sakurai once said he uses figmas of characters to pose them and see how said character looks doing said pose.

With that said, Phoenix Wright got a figma last year...
Phoenix Wright is literally in my top 3 WANTED characters, but I feel Amaterasu would be more likely for another Capcom character.

I could see Phoenix as a Mr. Resetti styled assist trophy where he accuses the players of crimes from their games.

"SAMUS ARAN, YOU ARE THE TRUE MURDERER OF MOTHER BRAIN"

or

"SUPER MARIO, YOU ARE THE TRUE CULPRIT OF VANDALIZING ISLE DELPHINO"

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
its the best part imo, speculating over everything cause we have to wait months just dreaming about what we'll get and then like 1 thing out of 30 things we over analyze turns out to be true, or at the very least coincidentally comes true.

I mean its likely we won't get any info until E3 so analyzing nintendo tweets with thematic similarities or what looks like smash symbols or ridley shadows or whatever else they throw at us is what i love about smash speculating.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chibi-Robo on the clouds.
Time to break out the Shadow Math.
*piano intro*
At first I wasn't sure, I was skeptical.
Kept thinking Isabelle would never work as playable.
But then you came into my life and I browsed your dialogue
All was defogged,
And I learned to support the dogs!

And now I'm back,
From other threads
Where I've completed liking every post that was ever read.
I should've known it's dangerous, I should've known one would not compel,
A single rep could not suffice, AC needs its Isabelle!

Hey hey!

And now back to work.
This is actually perfect.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Phoenix Wright is literally in my top 3 WANTED characters, but I feel Amaterasu would be more likely for another Capcom character.
True, but you also have to keep in mind that Capcom has confirmed they have plans to bring *every* Ace Attorney game to the Switch, plus develop a new one for the system.

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
But really, how bad would it feel to be Capcom and see "Super Smash Bros Infinite" which is a fighting game (although a platform fighter, its a fighter nonetheless) come out shortly after Marvel vs Capcom Infinite that not only uses the same name, but two of the same characters too. Two of Capcom's biggest icons. It seems like a big kick in the juevos to Capcom if Infinite was the name.
Does anyone realize smash bros infinite already exists as a PM build?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I never cared about Dixie and K.Rool hasn’t been in a DK game since forever. The closest thing he has to being relevant would be that Mii Fighter costume.
Now let's be honest here, are you speaking from your mind and logic, or are you thinking with your heart and emotions?

Be truthful here.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’d love to get both at this point, if Kid Icarus can have two new reps in a new entry, so does DK...

I wouldn't really use that as an example, since Dark Pit was supposed to be a costume, and was only upgraded to a clone with minor changes near the end of development.

I'd say a better example is how Fire Emblem received both Robin and Corrin as unique newcomers, even if Corrin was DLC.

You're English is fine btw. I had no problem understanding you.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
DK newcomer? If we go by relevancy, it would be either Cranky Kong or Funky Kong.
Why? If a Donkey Kong character gets added, it should be for an actual reason other than just digging for characters for the sake of having DK characters. DK will get characters when there are characters from the series that Sakurai decides he wants to add.

Cranky Kong would certainly be an interesting choice since he’s the OG Donkey Kong.
That's just a dumb joke by Rare. Like how Wario stole Koopa's go kart from Super Mario Kart and painted it purple.

Cranky Kong being "The og DK" has literally no bearing on his inclusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom