• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
At first I was not the biggest fan of Isabelle in Smash and then you came into my life. I accepted Isabelle in Smash recently. I saw when you said that only Villager representing Animal Crossing is "dangerous", Animal Crossing is more than just Villager. Also we need more dogs in Super Smash Brothers.

Felicia from Fire Emblem?
Yup

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
I think it's a bit of a stretch to draw connections between that one picture of Chibi-Robo being on fire and a potential Smash inclusion.

The logo being on fire could, in that mindset, also lead us to conclude we're getting at least 16 Marth Clones because "Fire Emblem".

Or, wait, nevermind. We're getting Shrek, because clearly those flames were from the angry townspeople who wouldn't get out of his swamp. (No, really, I've been waiting to use this picture for DAYS)
Super Marth Bros.?

I'm not opposed.

Tbh tho nothing tops that Shrek image.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think it's a bit of a stretch to draw connections between that one picture of Chibi-Robo being on fire and a potential Smash inclusion.
That image is small, but you can also the the smash ball cross in his eyes. Might be looking into it too heavily, but with the Inkling reveal, perhaps not. Still not going to get my hopes up, but it is more than just Cheebs being on fire.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I can definitely see Isabelle as one of the most likely newcomers if an Animal Crossing newcomer is deemed necessary.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well fellas, I finally finished my first prediction roster. Not too confident in it. It's really hard to pick like 15 or so newcomers that all seem reasonable this time around, which I've talked about in the past. Anyway, here it is.

There are a few icons I think I need to explain. The two characters in the top right are Game & Watch and Excitebiker. The triforce is a Zelda newcomer placeholder, the Sweet 16 is a FE16 protagonist placeholder. The two characters to the far left of the fourth row are Mother characters.

The Hank Hill Mii is just a Mii.

The purple muppet is Crash.

EDIT: I'd probably put Chibi-Robo somewhere on there if I remade it, but I kinda forgot he existed.
It’s kinda rude of you to leak the official Smash Switch art for all of the characters after all the work they put in :/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I like characters like Isabelle from Animal Crossing, the only problem I have with them is that I find it quite difficult to see how they could actually play/work in Smash. I mean Villager kinda already represents all the main mechanics of their game so there is not too much left that could be added for Isabelle.
I always thought that there should be just enough to work with animal crossing for one more character.

We haven't used Bells, we haven't used the signature Leaves = Furniture thing (I personally think a lot can be done with just furniture in Animal Crossing.) and there's a couple items we haven't used with Villager, such as the Megaphone or Coffee.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
That image is small, but you can also the the smash ball cross in his eyes. Might be looking into it too heavily, but with the Inkling reveal, perhaps not. Still not going to get my hopes up, but it is more than just Cheebs being on fire.
I'm not even a big Chibi-Robo fan/supported, but that REALLY looks like the Smash symbol.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I always thought that there should be just enough to work with animal crossing for one more character.

We haven't used Bells, we haven't used the signature Leaves = Furniture thing (I personally think a lot can be done with just furniture in Animal Crossing.) and there's a couple items we haven't used with Villager, such as the Megaphone or Coffee.
Reading things like that is what now makes me think it could be possible. Although I am not convinced it will happen in this Smash though.

I'm not even a big Chibi-Robo fan/suupported, but that REALLY looks like the Smash symbol.
Get your tinfoil hats out everyone

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm not even a big Chibi-Robo fan/suupported, but that REALLY looks like the Smash symbol.
I'm looking at a more blown up version of the image, and it looks less like a Smash ball, but they wouldn't want to make it too obvious either. So I'll be holding onto plenty of grains of salt. Cheebs deserves better than what he has been given, though, and this would be amazing.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
It was tweeted by nintendo back in January.

check out his eyes...

View attachment 138536
Duuude, omg don't tease me, now I have hopes and will be disappointed if that didn't mean anything, even though why would they post that for no reason at all. Omg. His gamecube disguises as skins, his gadgets as moveset, maybe Telly as some sort of move appearance or a minion like the duck of Duck Hunt, Super Chibi Robo as Final Smash, the superhero robot toy as a trophy assistant.. AHHHHHH SHUT UP.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Get your tinfoil hats out everyone
This is the **** I live for. People wildly speculating about everything that could be even tangentially related to Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's not the Smash Symbol in Chibi-Robo's eyes guys. That's literally just his eyes. Lol. You're all already starved for information.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
This is the **** I live for. People wildly speculating about everything that could be even tangentially related to Smash.
I couldn't agree more. That and look at minuscule details to decide whether something means something or not (flashbacks to the Ridley shadow analysis).

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
That's not the Smash Symbol in Chibi-Robo's eyes guys. That's literally just his eyes. Lol. You're all already starved for information.
Sorry I can't hear you through my tinfoil hat.

Like I said a couple posts ago, It could easily be completely coincidental, but they wouldn't make it obvious either. Time will tell, though as a big Chibi fan I don't have my hopes up. Just seems weird now (and seemed weird then) that they tweeted out flaming Chibi Robo.

Cazzone

Smash Cadet
Personally I think the 3 likeliest are Rex, Spring Man and Bandana Waddle Dee, with Dixie Kong coming shortly after imo

but that's just an opinion.
I’d love Dixie but if think King K. Rool is going to be the DK rep, sigh

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Hasn’t Chibi Robo’s series kinda sorta been in decline lmao
It's been on one of the most aggressive downward spirals in gaming history, which is why I haven't said a single word about him til someone brought him up lol. Zip Lash was supposed to be the make-or-break game iirc, and that was total garbage.

EDIT: But he has the most adorable amiibo and it needs more uses

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah I'm not saying Chibi-Robo is confirmed or anything but I'm shocked the flaming smash logo appears to be in his eyes which is exactly how they revealed inkling in smash...

Putting what looks like a flaming smash symbol in his eyes is something that could have been avoided if they knew smash was coming soon and someone at nintendo was rendering that inkling reveal trailer (tweeted in January so it must have been being worked on by then).

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Now that Inklings made it in, what other newcomers seem likely to get into Smash 5
I feel like Spring Man/some kind of ARMS rep is a pretty safe bet. But then again, ain't no way to predict Sakurai.

E-102 Ganon

Smash Rookie
I think it will be a new game because it's being developed by Hal Laboratory. Also because of Breath of the Wild Link.

Cazzone

Smash Cadet
I have the legit opposite opinion. I believe Dixie Kong will get in, but want King K Rool.
May I ask you why do you think Dixie is coming before Rool? I mean, Rool has MASSIVE popularity and people is constantly asking for him even more after the ballot came out

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I have the legit opposite opinion. I believe Dixie Kong will get in, but want King K Rool.
I agree. In terms of recent relevancy Dixie is far and away more likely than K.Rool as he has not been seen since the N64. They are both really good additions at least

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Y'all need to look scloser at those eyes

That's no smash logo.

It's a lighthouse on a shore!
:061:
No YOU need to look closer.
If you zoom in about 400x more you can see a person playing as Chibi-Robo on their Switch next to the lighthouse.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why not both tho. Dixie is more relevant, and K. Rool is more popular. They balance out in a way.
If I thought for sure they would add every character I would think that, but last game we didn't even get one of those after DKC Returns' success.

I do think we are getting one of them for sure though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah I'm not saying Chibi-Robo is confirmed or anything but I'm shocked the flaming smash logo appears to be in his eyes which is exactly how they revealed inkling in smash...

Putting what looks like a flaming smash symbol in his eyes is something that could have been avoided if they knew smash was coming soon and someone at nintendo was rendering that inkling reveal trailer (tweeted in January so it must have been being worked on by then).
The lines in his eyes are just lines that are part of his eyes.

The biggest thing people are missing is that they didn't even make the image for a tweet. It was made as art for Zip-Lash, which came out almost 2.5 years ago.

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Finally purchased a Nintendo Switch just a moment ago. Smash is always my breaking point.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well fellas, I finally finished my first prediction roster. Not too confident in it. It's really hard to pick like 15 or so newcomers that all seem reasonable this time around, which I've talked about in the past. Anyway, here it is.

There are a few icons I think I need to explain. The two characters in the top right are Game & Watch and Excitebiker. The triforce is a Zelda newcomer placeholder, the Sweet 16 is a FE16 protagonist placeholder. The two characters to the far left of the fourth row are Mother characters.

The Hank Hill Mii is just a Mii.

The purple muppet is Crash.

EDIT: I'd probably put Chibi-Robo somewhere on there if I remade it, but I kinda forgot he existed.
I think you mean this Rayman.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom