• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Ok, so we got a Pokemon track tonight and it's great! However, I think everybody is overlooking something.

You're saying a FAN THEORY...might disconfirm Incineroar?

Come on folks, we're better than this. The obvious answer is that the fan theory in question is dead.
The obvious answer is that both now exist in purgatory. Vergeben's **** is not a guarantee. He has all the possibility to be wrong and Incineroar is not coming. Remember: Incineroar is not confirmed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Steve? Offensive?

*cries in corner*
Please settle down, I meant in the sense of "makes people go nuts". Which works all too well at times, unfortunately.

What do you do if you weren't big on NEITHER Music Theory or Vergeben? :yoshi:
I shrug and am satisfied to be right about being a non-believer.

I don't think anything can really put the box theory in peril without straight up debunking it or proving it right.
Meanwhile the description for the Prima guide is rather non-specific about its contents beyond battle tips, and the hardcover edition having more pages.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This is very interesting. Didn't think they'd do a Pokemon song.

For reference, the reason the music theory is brought up is because we know Nintendo has been using music alongside new characters. Animal Crossing was specifically delayed once Isabelle was delayed. You'd think if there was a Pokemon, they'd save the music.

This doesn't mean they couldn't add a new Pokemon song later, but for the last 16 weeks have not overlapped any series. Also, music theory is not flawless since we don't know what will get songs or if a series can get multiple songs. Either the "leak" is wrong or the theory is wrong. While people will want to dismiss the theory, it has been consistent in its application for the last 5 characters.

Shroob

Sup?
This is very interesting. Didn't think they'd do a Pokemon song.

For reference, the reason the music theory is brought up is because we know Nintendo has been using music alongside new characters. Animal Crossing was specifically delayed once Isabelle was delayed. You'd think if there was a Pokemon, they'd save the music.

This doesn't mean they couldn't add a new Pokemon song later, but for the last 16 weeks have not overlapped any series. Also, music theory is not flawless since we don't know what will get songs or if a series can get multiple songs. Either the "leak" is wrong or the theory is wrong. While people will want to dismiss the theory, it has been consistent in its application for the last 5 characters.
Except it quickly had to change itself when Dark Samus came out.

Really, the moment it had to 'adjust' itself to say "ECHOES DON'T COUNT" is the moment I lost interest in it.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, if anything, this throws a spanner in the works. Music Theory hasn't been an open-and-shut case, but it does say something that every non-echo newcomer so far has been accompanied by new music from their series (They even delayed the AC music to line up with Isabelle!). If anything, this may decrease the odds of there being a new 'mon in the base roster, but not destroy them outright.

Now we need something to put box theory in peril for fun.
I mean, if anything, the fact that other significant rumors are going around suggesting up to three unique newcomers brings it into question. The odds of only one being on the base roster, the other two being DLC, and there not being any more newcomers that haven't been mentioned are...well, not that great from where we're standing.

There’ll be Pokemon fans who will be disappointed that one won’t be added, including but not limited to Incineroar, Decidueye, and Lycanroc supporters.
Well, can't speak for everyone, but I'm not too worried about the prospect. There'd be a year or so of DLC before Gen 8 was out, and they wouldn't jump the gun and add a Gen 8 newcomer early (Only time an early bird newcomer has happened was because Roy's game got delayed!).

And if they chose someone from Gen 7 as of right now...well, there's one who stands out furthest from the rest.

Screenshots - Fury Under Control.png

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
More silly than a ninja frog that uses its tongue as a scarf?

Nah man.
Yes. Because Greninja doesn't shoot anything out of its crotch or have hands thicker than its legs.

Shroob

Sup?
Yes. Because Greninja doesn't shoot anything out of its crotch or have hands thicker than its legs.
That's just personal taste.

To me, Incineroar looks more like a Pokemon than Greninja, who I've always thought looks more like a digimon due to its head shape and weird proportions.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wow, I'm used to this thread going a lot slower since the leak thread exists, so seeing it jump this much was interesting.

So, Pokémon music? So it looks like Music theory or Vergeben are wrong, which should mean more speculation and less "It can't happen because of this reason people made up." Pretty cool remix too - it's gonna be tough to put all of these songs onto proper stages. I think this is sounding very good for Spear Pillar, but the Pokemon League stages are also good thoughts.

But really, bring on the next Direct.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Except it quickly had to change itself when Dark Samus came out.

Really, the moment it had to 'adjust' itself to say "ECHOES DON'T COUNT" is the moment I lost interest in it.
It's what Nintendo put's emphasis on. Echos don't get trailers either. The fact that the Animal Crossing song had to come out after Isabelle means it's important to them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, Darkest Lariat is incredibly lame.

It's not a real wrestling lariat and the Zangief/Haggar videogame one where he spins around like the tazmanian devil while T-posing. No amount of visual effects is going to hide the fact that that move is lazy as hell.

I wish it was an actual lariat where he rears back from the ropes and charges forward slamming you with his bicep and knocking you into the sun.

Shroob

Sup?
It's what Nintendo put's emphasis on. Echos don't get trailers either. The fact that the Animal Crossing song had to come out after Isabelle means it's important to them.
And then IF Incineroar or some Gen7 rep comes out, we all looks like a fool with egg on our face.

I'll wait and see what happens, personally.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm used to this thread going a lot slower since the leak thread exists, so seeing it jump this much was interesting.

So, Pokémon music? So it looks like Music theory or Vergeben are wrong, which should mean more speculation and less "It can't happen because of this reason people made up." Pretty cool remix too - it's gonna be tough to put all of these songs onto proper stages. I think this is sounding very good for Spear Pillar, but the Pokemon League stages are also good thoughts.

But really, bring on the next Direct.
Wasn't it confirmed that you can play a song from a franchise on any stage of the franchise? So you can play Steven's Theme on any of the Pokemon stages.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
And yet we’ve got Blacephalon, who literally throws his head at his opponent and looks like some weird umbrella mime. Totally not funny looking in any way. :rolleyes:

And psst, it’s his belt, not his crotch.
To be fair though, Blacephalon is an Ultra Beast, they're supposed to look strange.
Kartana is basically the ultimate paper cut, Stakataka is just a living wall with wall-legs, Celesteela is abnormally huge, etc.
And let's not forget Buzzwole. Good ol' swole mosquito.
They're all weird in their own special way.

D

Deleted member

My problem with Incineroar's design was always the gray torso that just breaks its color palette completely. You have red, black, as the primary colors, and yellow and white as secondaries but then you put gray in the middle of it all? Why? Torracat looked fine, why you gotta ruin it?

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
To be fair though, Blacephalon is an Ultra Beast, they're supposed to look strange.
Kartana is basically the ultimate paper cut, Stakataka is just a living wall with wall-legs, Celesteela is abnormally huge, etc.
And let's not forget Buzzwole. Good ol' swole mosquito.
They're all weird in their own special way.
Not hating on them, just stating there are weirder Pokemon (and I consider UB Pokemon).

Naganadel best UB btw

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly, Darkest Lariat is incredibly lame.

It's not a real wrestling lariat and the Zangief/Haggar videogame one where he spins around like the tazmanian devil while T-posing. No amount of visual effects is going to hide the fact that that move is lazy as hell.

I wish it was an actual lariat where he rears back from the ropes and charges forward slamming you with his bicep and knocking you into the sun.
Explosion in a logical sense comes off as even stupider (to me). At least, based on the description.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Damn. Why is there so much negativity about this? Isn't there a possibility that there's simply more newcomers than just Incineroar and Ken and some of them will get music associated with them?

Like, why does it matter that the music theory is probably bunk now? That doesn't stop the possibility of there being more than 2 newcomers left. Chill out.

Anyway, that remix is pretty cool.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wasn't it confirmed that you can play a song from a franchise on any stage of the franchise? So you can play Steven's Theme on any of the Pokemon stages.
Oh yeah, but I'm the type who's gonna spend hours putting each song on a unique stage and setting them all individually. I don't want multiple stages to overlap songs.

I already tried to plan the Zelda series assuming that all Zelda songs from Brawl return, and I had to give up halfway through. It's gonna be tough to set these up, and it'll take ages.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Damn. Why is there so much negativity about this? Isn't there a possibility that there's simply more newcomers than just Incineroar and Ken and some of them will get music associated with them?

Like, why does it matter that the music theory is probably bunk now? That doesn't stop the possibility of there being more than 2 newcomers left. Chill out.

Anyway, that remix is pretty cool.
People think the special edition box will have all of the characters on the sides, and only an echo and one unique character can fit.

Imo, if we get anymore thirdparties (Steve), they'll be on the back of the box, while other newcomers simply won't show up on it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay all this wrestling talk makes me want to start bringing up some moves that Incineroar would be perfect for

- RKO

- Rock Bottom/Book End

- Powerbomb

- Clothesline from Hell

- German Suplex

- DDT

- Moonsault

Boom there ya go!

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Incineroar is not deconfirmed. It's a Hoenn remix not an Alola one. If anything this deconfirmes Gardevoir.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We gonna get a Pokémon echo fighter just for the luls of Sakurai

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In far more interesting news, I played Shadow the Hedgehog for the first time today, and I'm now officially off the Shadow train.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In far more interesting news, I played Shadow the Hedgehog for the first time today, and I'm now officially off the Shadow train.
Should've played it earlier in your life..or atleast watched the cutscenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom