• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Taking the joke further... (link)
I, for one, welcome our new Waifu Overlords.
"Ladies and Gentleman, we've just lost the stock-ticker but what we've seen speaks for itself. Nintendo Co., Ltd has apparently been taken over, conquered if you will, by a Master Race of Giant-Breasted Waifus. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive Nintendo Employees or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain, there is no stopping them, the waifus will soon be here."

KMDP

Smash Legend
"The Moon?"

Eh, my boi can probably beat it back with the right sized eggs :yoshi:
We know :ultdk: is capable of punching the moon out of orbit (and back again)...

:ultsonic: and Shadow are able to teleport the Space Colony ARK in their Super Forms, which I think is bigger than the Moon from Majora's Mask (they do it together in Sonic Adventure 2, but Shadow does it alone in Shadow the Hedgehog).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yoshi could eat the moon and make a moon-sized egg which he could then throw at any other potential moons.

Getting bigger and bigger eggs seems to solve most of his issues.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoshi could eat the moon and make a moon-sized egg which he could then throw at any other potential moons.

I think that's the only consistency with my boi's strength. No matter the size, as long as it's an egg he can lift it and throw it...

KMDP

Smash Legend

:ultyoshi:: Yoshi Yoshi! Yoshi! (If the eggs you have are insufficient for your current problem, get bigger eggs! There is no problem that can't be solved with liberal application of increasingly large eggs!)
I think that's the only consistency with my boi's strength. No matter the size, as long as it's an egg he can lift it and throw it...
Egg-based Tactile Telekinesis?
("Tactile Telekinesis" is the explanation for how Superman lifts stuff like planes and buildings without them buckling under their own weight).

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Today on "Stuff Fandoms Say..."

I honestly hope we get a character that shatters this viewpoint rather than B.W. Dee himself just so we could see the dumb memes the peeps like these post (i.e. Captain Goomba from Minion quest, who is (well, durr!) an actual Goomba).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I honestly hope we get a character that shatters this viewpoint rather than B.W. Dee himself just so we could see the dumb memes the peeps like these post (i.e. Captain Goomba from Minion quest, who is (well, durr!) and actual Goomba).
>Samurai Goroh
>Relevant
>F-Zero's last game was in 2004
>F-Zero is a game that relies more on gameplay than plot.
>Even as a rival, Samurai Goroh's rivalry is overshadowed by Black Shadow
Jack Frost on Computer.jpg

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

I honestly hope we get a character that shatters this viewpoint rather than B.W. Dee himself just so we could see the dumb memes the peeps like these post (i.e. Captain Goomba from Minion quest, who is (well, durr!) and actual Goomba).
The funny thing from this image is that by this point even Goombas have more branding, recognition and character than Samurai Goroh ever managed to experience. It's seriously such a bad example to have chosen.

MainJPW

M.T.A

"See, I would ask for Samurai Goroh... If his AT wasn't staring me in the face."

Wait, did they just say he's relevant?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I honestly hope we get a character that shatters this viewpoint rather than B.W. Dee himself just so we could see the dumb memes the peeps like these post (i.e. Captain Goomba from Minion quest, who is (well, durr!) an actual Goomba).
The fourth member of the main Kirby cast is less relevant than a lesser rival from a series that's been dead for over a decade?

ok.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Um, Captain Falcon wasn't an OG 8. Kirby was...
Oh shoot you're right, I forgot that Kirby even existed for a second there and my brain filled in the gap with Captain Falcon because he's like Smash's icon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did...did this person seriously say Samurai Goroh is more relevant than Bandana Waddle Dee?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm sorry I had too, the flesh is so weak, I'll get to the others soon.
I unironically want her in this game now, so I can have a Peach-like semi-clone who breathes fire, uses claws, command grabs, drop kicks, flaming turnips and parasols

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832

The Samurai Goroh thing is hilarious because it's really obvious this person just specifically wants that character. They could've really picked anyone but they picked a character that illustrates their point really poorly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpit: and :ultsamus:
I'm still waiting for Nintendo to completely acknowledge that these two have ties to and history with each other in a way, from KI and Metroid first appearing in 1986, was on the same engine, producer being Gunpei Yokoi, and there being multiple Metroid references in KIU while Metroid Zero Mission has one special indirect KI reference (see 3 "unknown items" that aren't activated til later, likely referencing Pit's 3 Sacred Treasures), and the Metroid Wiki can tell you about the "Unknown Item". I could go on about this one. Bonus points for Pit and Samus having Tetris cameos and playing a violin and bass respectively.

Honorable mention to :ultpit: and :ultpalutena: just because I want Palutena to pull her own weight around on the front lines like Pit has been doing all the time, though I can live without this one; the first one I mentioned is top priority for multiple reasons.
:ultpit::ultsamus::ultmegaman::ultsimon: All together since they’re all apart of Captain N (Samus through comics), and it gets the Kid Icarus/Metroid acknowledgement as well as the greatest reunion in gaming history

D

Deleted member

:ultpit::ultsamus::ultmegaman::ultsimon: All together since they’re all apart of Captain N (Samus through comics), and it gets the Kid Icarus/Metroid acknowledgement as well as the greatest reunion in gaming history
Question. Who is Captain N? I've never heard of this character.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Question. Who is Captain N? I've never heard of this character.
90's Cartoon character that went on video-game themed adventures with a bunch of bootleg NES characters.

And when I say bootleg, I mean seriously bootlegged.

D

Deleted member

90's Cartoon character that went on video-game themed adventures with a bunch of bootleg NES characters.

And when I say bootleg, I mean seriously bootlegged.
H-how seriously bootleged are we talking here?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
>Even as a rival, Samurai Goroh's rivalry is overshadowed by Black Shadow
I think this only has to do with Black Shadow not being in Assist Trophy Hell. I remember the demand for a second F-Zero racer focusing more on Goroh before he was announced as an assist in Brawl.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I...literally don’t know how this bowsette thing got so popular.

I think folks also forgot that it’s referencing what would happen if bowser got the crown item toadette gets, and just like when toadette gets it, it’s still toadette just having a body like peach, when bowser gets it...it’s still just bowser, think about it for a bit.

To get back on topic...

How many characters are we at in ultimate now? Not including skins such as the koopalings or the male/female versions of characters like robin.

Call me crazy but I got this feeling sakurai is planning to have the game end up with at least 100 characters, i feel with this many already he’s trying to push for that in the end, dlc included.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I want Goroh though, he’d be a better choice then Black Shadow imo. Too bad his demand is so small so I can’t see him being promoted for a long time.

Not agreeing with that fandom post btw.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think this only has to do with Black Shadow not being in Assist Trophy Hell. I remember the demand for a second F-Zero racer focusing more on Goroh before he was announced as an assist in Brawl.
Also might have to do with the 2003 anime and the widely circulated "Falcon Punch" scene. I don't remember how well Goroh was wanted pre-Brawl, but I imagine it wasn't overwhelming.

I think folks also forgot that it’s referencing what would happen if bowser got the crown item toadette gets, and just like when toadette gets it, it’s still toadette just having a body like peach, when bowser gets it...it’s still just bowser, think about it for a bit.
THEY DON'T CARE.
THEY WANT THEIR STEP-ON-ME-QUEEN AND THEY WANT IT NOW

Noipoi

Howdy!

I think some people know, it adds a bit of Taboo to it all.
Also I think Bowser's personality is hilarious, and most people agree. Putting that personality in a hot body resonated with people.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We know :ultdk: is capable of punching the moon out of orbit (and back again)...

:ultsonic: and Shadow are able to teleport the Space Colony ARK in their Super Forms, which I think is bigger than the Moon from Majora's Mask (they do it together in Sonic Adventure 2, but Shadow does it alone in Shadow the Hedgehog).
Shadow didn't teleport the ARK in his game, he teleported the Black Comet into space within range of fire of the Eclipse Cannon.

D

Deleted member

You don't like chain-smoker Mega Man? BLASPHEMY!!!
Whose idea even was it to make that series? And is the blonde hair guy supposed their OC Belmont character? If so, I' m laughing my ass off at the idea.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
That's like saying that you can't be attracted to someone unless they have what you consider a hot body, regardless of what their personality was before they weren't "hot"

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think some people know, it adds a bit of Taboo to it all.
Also I think Bowser's personality is hilarious, and most people agree. Putting that personality in a hot body resonated with people.
The most forbidden of fruit.

Noipoi, will you toil in the Waifu's Bra Mines?
Shadow didn't teleport the ARK in his game, he teleported the Black Comet into space within range of fire of the Eclipse Cannon.
Ah, right, it's been a while since I saw that part of Shadow the Hedgehog (it doesn't help that I didn't beat it myself).
Iis the blonde hair guy supposed their OC Belmont character? If so, I' m laughing my *** off at the idea.
Yes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's like saying that you can't be attracted to someone unless they have what you consider a hot body, regardless of what their personality was before they weren't "hot"
*shrugs* That's why gender-bent is a so popular concept. Sometimes people find the personality attractive and not the body and they want to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom