• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
:ultpit::ultsamus::ultmegaman::ultsimon: All together since they’re all apart of Captain N (Samus through comics), and it gets the Kid Icarus/Metroid acknowledgement as well as the greatest reunion in gaming history
Works for me, though I hope Pit/Samus gets plenty of attention specifically, to the point where a chain reaction happens where well... you know me enough to know where I'm going. Unfortunately I fear Samus/Pika will come back again. I just hope I get to see both of them kick some mighty rear together like awesome partners. Samus with her arm cannon and such, Pit protecting her with Guardian Orbitars... the possibilities are endless.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
*shrugs* That's why gender-bent is a so popular concept. Sometimes people find the personality attractive and not the body and they want to change that.
Well, then I guess I figured out my next trend I hate along with Lolicons.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's like saying that you can't be attracted to someone unless they have what you consider a hot body, regardless of what their personality was before they weren't "hot"
Most people aren't bisexual/pansexual, Shyy_Guy (or furries, for that matter).
*shrugs* That's why gender-bent is a so popular concept. Sometimes people find the personality attractive and not the body and they want to change that.
I refer to my above statement.
I dunno why she'd have to mine for bras she could just go to target or something.
But sure, why not?
It's a continuation of the Simpson's joke I made before (where Kent Brockman refers to round people up to "toil in the Ant's Sugar Caves".

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, then I guess I figured out my next trend I hate along with Lolicons.
Well it's not like people can help what genders they're attracted to.
I could really like a personality but if it's a guy it's not gonna work for me. We'd be great friends at best.
Lolicons are trash though, I agree.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So quick question, how would everyone here react if Bowsette, or Peachette, or whatever she's called actually got into Smash due this surge of popularity she's gained recently?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Everyone's drawing her.

I should draw her.
I am very tempted to draw her too (not that anyone here would see it).
So quick question, how would everyone here react if Bowsette, or Peachette, or whatever she's called actually got into Smash due this surge of popularity she's gained recently?
"Peachette" is Toadette + Super Crown.

"Bowsette" is Bowser + Super Crown (even though it really should be "Peacher"), in Japan the character is called "Koopa-hime (Princess Koopa)".

That being said, like Noipoi I'd find it very entertaining. I might even pick her up as a character.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I dunno. Maybe as someone with trans friends and who's thinking they might be as well, the concept of changing one's gender/sex for purely sexual/romantic delight of a single person seems a bit... what's the word... selfish and purely disgusting?

But they're fictional characters, so do whatever y'all want, I guess. I can't stop anyone and I can see the enjoyment behind the trend when it isn't taken too far.

I also don't see what my sexuality or any other identities have to do with this conversation until it was just now brought up for what reason?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am very tempted to draw her too (not that anyone here would see it).

"Peachette" is Toadette + Super Crown.

"Bowsette" is Bowser + Super Crown (even though it really should be "Peacher"), in Japan the character is called "Koopa-hime (Princess Koopa)".
Oh. Okay. I was confused. Last time I her up to post a meme she had two different names. Thanks for the clarification!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno. Maybe as someone with trans friends and who's thinking they might be as well, the concept of changing one's gender/sex for purely sexual/romantic delight of single person seems a bit... what's the word... selfish and purely disgusting?

But they're fictional characters, so do whatever y'all want, I guess. I can't stop anyone and I can see the enjoyment behind the trend when it isn't taken too far.

I also don't see what my sexuality or any other identities have to do with this conversation until it was just now brought up for what reason?
I just meant that some people find the personalities of fictional characters (like Bowser) endearing. And the thought of that personality in a form that's attractive to you is even better! At the end of the day it's just fan art, there's no reason for anyone to be upset.
(Not implying you were upset)

link2702

Smash Champion
Should have posted my edit as a new post instead seeing as everyone focused on the bowsette part....

So...how many characters we at now? Including echoes but not things like the koopalings or male/female versions of certain characters?

Does anyone else feel like sakurai might be trying to push for 100 fighters overall dlc included? I feel like with this being the “ultimate smash”, maybe he wants to end it there, as 100 wod seem like an impressive number to end on.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Should have posted my edit as a new post instead seeing as everyone focused on the bowsette part....

So...how many characters we at now? Including echoes but not things like the koopalings or male/female versions of certain characters?

Does anyone else feel like sakurai might be trying to push for 100 fighters overall dlc included? I feel like with this being the “ultimate smash”, maybe he wants to end it there, as 100 wod seem like an impressive number to end on.
That's gonna be a LOT of DLC cause even the most generous estimates of the base roster don't have more than 6 left...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean it's not a fetish for everyone, some people just think it's fun. But ok.
I'm not the one's claiming a genderbent Bowser and the concept of genderbending to be "hot".

I understand the fun part, but understand that it goes deeper and parts of that are leaking out.

link2702

Smash Champion
That's gonna be a LOT of DLC cause even the most generous estimates of the base roster don't have more than 6 left...
Maybe so, but with how much they seem to be pushing the “ultimate” theme, and with part of the theme of this smash being the sheer number of characters in it, it just feels like they want to end it at 100 imo.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not the one's claiming a genderbent Bowser and the concept of genderbending to be "hot".

I understand the fun part, but understand that it goes deeper and parts of that are leaking out.
I'm not trying to advocate for any degenerate behaviors here, I simply don't see why you're disturbed by this. It's just a fun meme to me. Mind explaining how it goes deeper so I could understand what you mean?

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Uh I don't see us getting that much(unless we get a bunch of Echoes) it's not impossible but I think maybe 90 characters could happen with dlc involved.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've been thinking about who might see in the eshop demo, if an eshop demo is released at all.

I'm thinking its possible that they'll do a repeat of Smash 4's by picking the three main mascots mascots + the first two newcomers revealed.
:ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultinkling::ultridley:
If so, I'd be more then happy as Riddles is my most anticipated newcomer. However, it might be odd to have Inkling and Ridley in the demo when they have to be unlocked in the base game, so maybe we'll only have characters from the original 8. Perhaps to make up for the lack of newcomers in the demo they'd make all 8 playable.
:ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultfalcon:
But then again it'd be really odd to not include any newcomers. So perhaps if you play enough you could unlock Inkling and Riddles, and then possibly transfer them to the main game?
:ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultfalcon:+:ultinkling::ultridley:

Ah who am I kidding, that'd be way too much. I don't think Nintendo is going to be that generous with their demo. I'm just dreaming at this point.
You can't just retcon DK and Kirby out of the original 8.

Or add Captain Falcon.

Or make it 7 characters.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm not trying to advocate for any degenerate behaviors here, I simply don't see why you're disturbed by this. It's just a fun meme to me. Mind explaining how it goes deeper so I could understand what you mean?
The "fun" being translated to having "fun" with said character which is implied when one is sexually attracted to someone as per their sexuality denoting it.

But I can't stop anyone. So please, continue to have fun. I'm just not a fan of certain phrasings involved.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Uh I don't see us getting that much(unless we get a bunch of Echoes) it's not impossible but I think maybe 90 characters could happen with dlc involved.
I'd keep my expectations in check. Last time people were hoping for like 10 new characters and disappointed in the end.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The "fun" being translated to having "fun" with said character which is implied when one is sexually attracted to someone as per their sexuality denoting it.
I don't get the second part of this (I get the "fun" innuendo).

Are you trying to say you don't get how people of a single-sex sexuality (i.e. Heterosexual or Homosexual) can not find a person of incompatible sex attractive, but find someone of a compatible sex attractive even if they have the "same" personality (filtered through gender)?
Just saw some Bowsette art by manga artist Yusuke Murata. It looks epic.
This I gotta see.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I don't get the second part of this (I get the "fun" innuendo).

Are you trying to say you don't get how people of a single-sex sexuality (i.e. Heterosexual or Homosexual) can not find a person of incompatible sex attractive, but find someone of a compatible sex attractive even if they have the "same" personality (filtered through gender)?

This I gotta see.
It's not right to want them only when they've changed genders/sexes, in my eyes. And to clarify, I'm NOT saying you have to be attracted to them when they are of an incompatible sex, just that this specific instance just seems to be glorifying a transition for the sake of sexual and self-imposed ideals.

That just seems entirely selfish.

But that's not what I was implying at all, just that the sexual part is kind of fetishising it which is a problem as fetishes don't and shouldn't be on a forum of this topic? It's reaching beyond simply saying a character is attractive.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just saw some Bowsette art by manga artist Yusuke Murata. It looks epic.
Just went out and looked for the art: hurrah, it's actually work-safe (or as work safe as is possible).
There was a problem fetching the tweet
You were right, it is epic.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's not right to want them only when they've changed genders/sexes, in my eyes.

That just seems entirely selfish.

But that's not what I was implying at all, just that the sexual part is kind of fetishising it which is a problem as fetishes don't and shouldn't be on a forum of this topic? It's reaching beyond simply saying a character is attractive.
Sexuality is selfish. Not everyone is attracted to other people because of deep emotional bond or intellectual respect. It's mostly hormons and genetic heritage saying us to seek for certain characteristics. Fetishes are a different thing however it doesn't change that people generally don't have much say in it.

But I agree, it's not exactly time and place.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh, I'm aware, but we can at least control our selfish ways in a way that appeases our morality and ideals.

At least, I think so.

Regardless, it wasn't really a specific statement, and more so directed at a few messages I've seen strewn about here and there

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sexuality is selfish. Not everyone is attracted to other people because of deep emotional bond or intellectual respect. It's mostly hormons and genetic heritage saying us to seek for certain characteristics. Fetishes are a different thing however it doesn't change that people generally don't have much say in it.

But I agree, it's not exactly time and place.
I had a rather long post I wrote that you summed up in like three sentences. :laugh:(I wasn't going to post it anyway, as you said, not the place for it)

Anyway, in absence of moderators, we should probably drop the subject here.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was half fearing Sakurai would randomly call up a 2nd ballot when this was trending. The thought crossed my mind anyway and I shivered in fear.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I was half fearing Sakurai would randomly call up a 2nd ballot when this was trending. The thought crossed my mind anyway and I shivered in fear.
You shouldn't fear if Sakurai invokes the "must've originated in a video game" rule like last time...

Unless she actually GETS in a video game, which would mark her first official appearance in anything. Whelp :yoshi:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, I got a question on that sexuality thing that could potentially start a debate, but I'm genuinely curious: Is there any hormonal and genetic proof that the other sexualites and identities sans Homo and Heteto exist?

And how would fluid ones work? Would they have mote of an imbalance in favor of one or the other? But then if It's variable and switches often, how can you truly measure how much of that thing that they are? It's not unreasonable to think that a preference for guys or gals in fluid people is just the straight or gay genetics causing an imbalance in favor of one or the other and/or constantly switching, thus kind of proving it's existence, but not in the way we'd hope since it is naturally feeding off of two preexisting ones. Think "intersex" for what I'm getting at here, since that's technically not considered its own gender, I've heard?

If this is deemed to divisive or derailing, I'll delete it from here and move it to the social boards, which is the NintenZone, right? Or am I wrong in thinking that?

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If Bowser doesn't use the Super Crown at the end of Deluxe now I'll be stunned.
He's used the cat bell, the Tanooki tail, even been possessed by Cappy
so it seems some variety of Bowsette could happen. I very much doubt it'll be the same look however unless Nintendo decide to alter due to the sheer popularity.

Also I'm not sure that puppet design in KH counts as a Geno reference or not. Everyone screaming it is, but then again, Geno has a pretty stock design for a wooden manaquinn puppet; see also Puppetmon from Digimon.

Puppetmon_t.gif

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, I got a question on that sexuality thing that could potentially start a debate, but I'm genuinely curious: Is there any hormonal and genetic proof that the other sexualites and identities sans Homo and Heteto exist?

And how would fluid ones work? Would they have mote of an imbalance in favor of one or the other? But then if It's variable and switches often, how can you truly measure how much of that thing that they are? It's not unreasonable to think that a preference for guys or gals in fluid people is just the straight or gay genetics causing an imbalance in favor of one or the other and/or constantly switching, thus kind of proving it's existence, but not in the way we'd hope since it is naturally feeding off of two preexisting ones. Think "intersex" for what I'm getting at here, since that's technically not considered its own gender, I've heard?

If this is deemed to divisive or derailing, I'll delete it from here and move it to the social boards, which is the NintenZone, right? Or am I wrong in thinking that?
Yes, the NintenZone forum is the Social Thread.

As to the actual question, I'm not sure, there are brain scans that prove differences in sexuality and whatnot, but... *shrug*
so it seems some variety of Bowsette could happen. I very much doubt it'll be the same look however unless Nintendo decide to alter due to the sheer popularity.

Also I'm not sure that puppet design in KH counts as a Geno reference or not. Everyone screaming it is, but then again, Geno has a pretty stock design for a wooden manaquinn puppet; see also Puppetmon from Digimon.

View attachment 166596
I've been sitting on showing a picture of Puppetmon and saying "Guys, is this Geno?" for months. Darn you, YoshiandToad! *shakes fist*

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, they did give Ganon a human form once soooo....

It probably won't be a human female Bowser though if they ever went into that direction....

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

View attachment 166596
It's merely a port though. Not a chance that it'll happen in this game at least

KMDP

Smash Legend
It probably won't be a human female Bowser though if they ever went into that direction....
This brings to mind a thought I had.

They could use a design similar to "Bowsette" as the look for Bowser's wife, and explain that she left Bowser which is part of the reason why he goes after Peach (beyond the political stuff): because Peach looks like his ex-wife.

The tragic-est backstory.

No, this is not a serious idea. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom