• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Then include Bayonetta's girlfriend so we get salt from the competitive crowd and adult sized babies whining that the LGBT are overrepped
My livelihood depends on my ability to defend LGBTQ representation in media, but I find this quotation to be a bit over the top.
There is no reason to add an LGBTQ character just to have one in, particularly as each letter within tends to separate itself from the rest.
More specifically, though, is that adding content just to spite other fans is rarely a good idea.
This is a crash and burn mentality of being in the limelight, and it is a last resort that is sometimes taken into overdrive.
But I'll get into having hundreds of bankruptcies, rehabs, and beyond, in another post.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I dont even know where to start. I'm glad we are numbered.

1- Sure, one is likely. But again, the online base is just an echochamber. I'm glad Xenoblade 2 sold well, but I don't expect anything for the franchise.
2- Literally everyone. Well, I did not. But then again, I'm one of the weird ones that doesnt think Springman is the mascot, because mascot is not equivalent to boxart character. I guess I have a high standard and believe individuals should think for themselves. I still don't think you have defended your argument for an outcry. I don't see a long page on this forum for any ARMS character, they aren't mentioned frequently in my perusing of the interweb. It just seems to be your opinion. And perhasp the opinion of Nintendo, who *should want* to push it. That is still not an outcry.
3- Toad is in her moveset. Sure. I guess you decided that was irrelevant because it is against what you see happening? So again we are arguing, in full, over all of these topics, that the forums are just a microcosm... sure, they may mirror the macrocosm, but they still are just a small sample, not even a surveyable sample, of the overall fanbase of the game.

1- I dont see how each game should get a playable character. I understand that Awakening has four characters from it, which is a travesty that is often discussed, but how can each game of Nintendo possibly get a character?
2- Does having tournaments and a fanbase mean there is outcry? I'm an avid fan of ARMS. I don't see an outcry. I don't even see a whimper, honestly.
3- If Peachette gets into this game, I will die happily. Forget Pink Gold Peach, we have a new heroine.
Awakening has 3 characters, not 4.
Not only that, but two of those three are Echo Fighters.

I disagree with the notion that Xenoblade should get one character per game it has had, but I do agree with the notion that it would be nice to see another character from the series. I feel like there's a lot a Xenoblade character could bring to Smash, whether it be one from X, or one from 2.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Between Vergebem and Hitagi's corroboration of each other, I'm feeling confident in breaking free from box theory. I feel like this is what we can still expect to see at this point:

Ken (100%)
Incineroar (100%)
Shadow (95%)
Dixie (70%)
Black Shadow OR Medusa (60%)
Square Enix Rep - Geno (80%)
Steve (60%)

Ken and Incineroar are a lock, Steve feels inevitable with both of the leakers claiming Minecraft and one of them being certain on Steve, Geno feels like the most likely for a SE character given Sakurai's previous statements and apparent desire to make the fanbase happy this time around, Shadow is legit the ONE character I feel is unavoidably going to show up, Dixie is just about one of the last few old school Nintendo characters whose omission feels weird, and getting one more Echo in pairing with her sounds about right.

This is my absolute hard limit for speculation for base game and it feels about right. For DLC I can see:

Rex (90%)
Spring Man (85%)
Isaac (80%)
Bandana Dee (85%)
Sora (60%)
Banjo-Kazooie (50%)

Xenoblade has grown too large for it to not get a second rep, the outcry of support for ARMS getting in likely will not go unnoticed, Isaac and Bandana Dee are easily the two first-party characters remaining with the most support, Sora feels like the kind of big-time push character Sakurai would go for, and BK is tough to reach but is plausible given Minecraft and would be a very effective final gift for the Smash fanbase itself.

As I've said before, the game is already perfect to me, but if I'm really right on my base roster prediction, and SOMEHOW right on my DLC picks, christ, this may actually become my favorite game of all time.
As long as I get Black Shadow, Medusa and Banjo. Anything else would just be icing on cake.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
1) I suppose this point is settled and can be set aside.
2) This board is an echochamber. What is heavily supported on this board, or has a lack of support on this board, does not define what is or is not popular. Having spoken with a great deal of people who don't frequent message boards or partake in Smash speculation, many of them are still asking 'why isn't ARMS in Smash now? It's their big new game on the Switch', and the only legitimate reason is 'it came out to late into Smash's development.' It's absolutely very popular.
3) What point are you even trying to make here? Yes, it'd be insane to claim Toad ISN'T a Nintendo all-star. But he's already taken. He's not in this game. I'm sorry for your loss but he's irrelevant to further roster discussion this game, whereas Dixie is still up for grabs as a notable omission and an easy Echo / Semi-Clone.
1- I didnt think we addressed. That's okay.
2- Anecdotal. Though, I suppose I was wondering where from 'public outcry' came, and your response was your personal friend circle. So I do have an answer.
3- Well, I started off just claiming that I had many questions to the Original Post. Primarily that Toad, whom I do use synonymously with the Captain, is an all star. And as I support him, I will bring both he and Meowth up to the conversation, as often as relevant. Such as here.

D

Deleted member

Awakening has 3 characters, not 4.
Not only that, but two of those three are Echo Fighters.

I disagree with the notion that Xenoblade should get one character per game it has had, but I do agree with the notion that it would be nice to see another character from the series. I feel like there's a lot a Xenoblade character could bring to Smash, whether it be one from X, or one from 2.
Awakening actually has 6 characters, sense Marth, Ike, and Roy are DLC in that game
:4pacman:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Jeanne is basically the only 2nd Bayonetta character I can see being added. As an echo of Bayonetta, of course.

And while on this topic, pretty much every third party character except maybe Mega Man has viable echo possibilities:
1. Snake: Naked Snake/Big Boss, MGS2 Raiden or maybe Liquid Snake
2. Sonic: Shadow
3. Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
4. Ryu: Ken, Evil Ryu, Akuma
5. Cloud: Zack Fair

Of these, Ken is probably the likeliest one as the recent leak is looking to be legit and Ken is very iconic being the OG fighting game clone. Akuma and Evil Ryu would both be solid choices as well, but it makes sense to prioritize Ken.
Next would be Shadow and I think his notable absence as an Assist Trophy could indicate that he's indeed being added as a playable character.

For the others, Ms. Pac-Man may have a chance but she's not particularly requested or demanded. Maybe she could sneak in as a costume. None of Snake or Cloud's possible echo fighters have a lot of demand or enough popularity to back their inclusion either, so I don't think any of them will happen.

Sure, you may argue the same about Richter, but seeing as a large amount of Simon's moveset is based on Richter, it's safe to assume that the moveset was made with both characters in mind from the get go.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I undestand this... but my point in response is that, "anymore time put to playable Bayonetta characters has as much chance at pissing off potential new fans as it does creating new fans."
Bayonetta has not earned her spot to many people, and its a well founded argument.
Has she earned her Luigi to be playable? Particularly before we get Echoes in every other third party?
If each third party gets an echo, I can see it. Otherwise, I cannot.

It's exactly the same. Except by definition of third and second party. Not to mention how off-brand Bayonetta is for Nintendo (which is actually in her favor). Oh, they also vary in fan reception.
So I guess it is pretty different.
i dont know why people on this forum continue to either deny or not understand what bayo significance is. she is the queen of a genre of a game. dante is king of action games she is queen. she is significant. at this point her game series is more consistent than dantes games have been. (dont argue she only has two games because devil may cry 2 is awful and 3 split a lot of people. )

bayonetta earned her spot when Nintendo reached into their pockets to save her deeming her worthy of being saved. which is more than they did for banjo and many other characters.

it is very pompous to assume how people in general (not this echoing forum) will react to a franchise receiving more support. judging by the recent rankings of third parties [psted here bayo either is last on people's lists or is in their top 3. shes polarizing yes but thats why people love her as opposed to the more moderate Nintendo characters (no one hates mario because there is almost nothing to him as a character except save peach).

You are moving goalposts off-brand has nothing to do with whether a character qualifies as 2nd party the sole factor is money and its source. fan reception also has nothing to do with it. Also stop confusing salty smash fans with general reception Bayonetta reception has been mostly positive.

lastly echoes are made when there is a link between he characters (in game or in character) AND when the characters have a similiar frame that is easy to make/add to the game. every echoe follows this. jeanne is playable in both Bayonetta games as a higher difficulty. they have the same body type. they use the same weapons. They have somewhat similar abilities. jeanne has even been consistently suggested here on this forum as a clear echoe choice. Sakurai approaches smash not to give more series more respect or favor but he adds characters with the intent to make people HAPPY. adding jeane will make people happy. people like jeanne. if there is time there's no reason she shouldnt be added in

also kill that awful bayo alt.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Awakening actually has 6 characters, sense Marth, Ike, and Roy are DLC in that game
But Robin, Lucina, Marth, and Ike appear in Fates as amiibo, plus Chrom in DLC, so don't we actually have 6 Fates characters & Knuckles Roy?

D

Deleted member

Then we already have a Xenoblade 2 character too
And sense Elma's also a Xenoblade 2 character, guess she can go straight to the garbage. Xenoblade representation is fine.

But Robin, Lucina, Marth, and Ike appear in Fates as amiibo, plus Chrom in DLC, so don't we actually have 6 Fates characters & Knuckles Roy?
Correct. Every Fire Emblem character is from Awakening/Fates/Heroes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
And sense Elma's also a Xenoblade 2 character, guess she can go straight to the garbage. Xenoblade representation is fine.

Correct. Every Fire Emblem character is from Awakening/Fates/Heroes.
Ralph is my favorite Fates character. We should have him in Smash. We do need an axe character after all.

:troll:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sounds like I missed out on some BotW talk, eh? I have interesting thoughts on that game. I'm not sure if it's my favorite Zelda game or not. It starts out amazing but just gets less interesting the more you play it. It was a ton of fun taking advantage of the game's physics to solve puzzles and beat enemies, but once you find a winning strategy...well, that's it for the most part. I never have to worry about enemies because I can always just go pick up that Lighting or Blizzard Rod and leave my enemies helpless. Not to mention the issue of food. By the end game, you'll have so much you'll never have an excuse to run out of health.

I never even finished the DLC. The Trial of the Sword was fun, even if it was a little lengthy considering its difficulty, but chasing down those shrines for that Master Cycle Quest got repetitive pretty fast. And that Hard Mode was not handled well at all, IMO. It just incentivised you to avoid enemies altogether, as the rewards were never worth the weapons you broke killing them. Even in normal mode though, all the HP silver enemies have is just really annoying to deal with.

On the other hand, it was the first Zelda game where I actually felt like the combat mechanics and controls were exceptional. I also actually really liked the shrines themselves though and - unpopular opinion here - loved the Divine Beast, even if they could have afforded to be a bit longer or more varied. And the game's atmosphere and visuals just made roaming around that world a joy. And I have a lot of amazing memories in that game. I snuck into Hyrule Castle early using my Sheikah Gear to weapon farm once and felt awesome. And then there was the time I figured out that Ice Rods lower the temperature of the air around you and used that to brave the Gerudo Desert. It's a game that encourages you to experiment and be creative unlike any Zelda before, and I love that about it. And it's not like other amazing Zelda games didn't have major flaws. Majora's Mask, for all the praise it receives, was incredibly short. And I'm sure you've all heard some popular complaints about Twilight Princess.

Anyway, I just hope that whatever the next big Triple A console Zelda is, they're able to take what they did with BotW and improve upon it. Like OoT, I think it's a great starting point for things to come.

>square is telling everyone different characters so that means my source was just misinformed, i'm not lying, i swear

lmao
Between Vergebem and Hitagi's corroboration of each other, I'm feeling confident in breaking free from box theory. I feel like this is what we can still expect to see at this point:

Ken (100%)
Incineroar (100%)
Shadow (95%)
Dixie (70%)
Black Shadow OR Medusa (60%)
Square Enix Rep - Geno (80%)
Steve (60%)

Ken and Incineroar are a lock, Steve feels inevitable with both of the leakers claiming Minecraft and one of them being certain on Steve, Geno feels like the most likely for a SE character given Sakurai's previous statements and apparent desire to make the fanbase happy this time around, Shadow is legit the ONE character I feel is unavoidably going to show up, Dixie is just about one of the last few old school Nintendo characters whose omission feels weird, and getting one more Echo in pairing with her sounds about right.

This is my absolute hard limit for speculation for base game and it feels about right. For DLC I can see:

Rex (90%)
Spring Man (85%)
Isaac (80%)
Bandana Dee (85%)
Sora (60%)
Banjo-Kazooie (50%)

Xenoblade has grown too large for it to not get a second rep, the outcry of support for ARMS getting in likely will not go unnoticed, Isaac and Bandana Dee are easily the two first-party characters remaining with the most support, Sora feels like the kind of big-time push character Sakurai would go for, and BK is tough to reach but is plausible given Minecraft and would be a very effective final gift for the Smash fanbase itself.

As I've said before, the game is already perfect to me, but if I'm really right on my base roster prediction, and SOMEHOW right on my DLC picks, christ, this may actually become my favorite game of all time.
Please spoiler tag leak talk, even if you think it's probably fake. If you want to talk about it without spoiler tags, there's a thread for it over here.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
3 split a lot of people.
I'm sorry what?
3 is almost universally the "GAME YOU MUST PLAY IF YOU'RE A DMC FAN."
Hell, even DMC1 is more skippable compared to how important and iconic 3 is to the rest of the series.

I agree that with DMC, you've got a 3/5, soon to be 4/6 good game rate as opposed to Bayonetta's 2/2, but saying 3 split the fanbase is ridiculous.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know of something, I could see Bowser have another alt costume like....View attachment 166449
THIS **** RIGHT HERE!!!

If it were to happen, I'll be pumped with the sickest alternate looking Bowser mankind has ever known. finally making into Smash.
we have Meta Ridley & Yarn Yoshi. So why not Strikers Charged Bowser.

A little sad that the really good Mario Sports' titles such as Mario Strikers or even Golf don't get enough attention in Smash.
At least we have Mario Kart though. :/
Technically Golf gets attention with Peach and Daisy having the club as a weapon lol

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Jeanne's only competition is with other potential echo fighters and that competition is actually strong with characters such as Ken or Shadow being likely additions.

1. Dark Pit and Lucina returned so that everyone is back. Both are also fairly popular within KIU and FE fans but their inclusion in the previous game wasn't particularly motivated by that.
2. Daisy was the first newcomer echo fighter to be revealed and, regardless of what you think of the Daisy fanbase, she still was a heavily demanded character and is probably more popular with a general audience than a large percentage of the Smash Bros. roster.
3. Richter was added alongside Simon and, as I said in my previous post, was probably considered alongside Simon since the beginning of development as the moveset appears to have been made with both characters in mind. It's also a good representation of Castlevania as a series that also changes its protagonists between installments, so fans may have different favorites.
4. Chrom and Dark Samus were both added due to popular demand. Chrom had more demand from the Japanese fanbase while Dark Samus had more demand from the Western fanbase, so it's a way of appealing to two different portions of the fanbase known for having different tastes. Plus, they're both important characters for their franchises as well, having major roles in their games.

While Jeanne is definitely a viable choice as an echo fighter of Bayonetta, the fact that Bayonetta isn't nearly as big as the other third party characters, the mixed reception of Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash and overall lack of demand relative to other potential characters don't help her chances. However, Bayonetta is still a popular, albeit niche, franchise with a dedicated fanbase, so if she's not in the base game, she still possibly has a chance to be in the game as a DLC character.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm sorry what?
3 is almost universally the "GAME YOU MUST PLAY IF YOU'RE A DMC FAN."
Hell, even DMC1 is more skippable compared to how important and iconic 3 is.

I agree that with DMC, you've got a 3/5, soon to be 4/6 good game rate as opposed to Bayonetta's 2/2, but saying 3 split the fanbase is ridiculous.
Yeah, if anything 2 is the one that split everyone. It's so infamous that Viewtiful Joe's PS2 port made a joke about it.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Jeanne is basically the only 2nd Bayonetta character I can see being added. As an echo of Bayonetta, of course.

And while on this topic, pretty much every third party character except maybe Mega Man has viable echo possibilities:

Of these, Ken is probably the likeliest one as the recent leak is looking to be legit and Ken is very iconic being the OG fighting game clone. Akuma and Evil Ryu would both be solid choices as well, but it makes sense to prioritize Ken.
Next would be Shadow and I think his notable absence as an Assist Trophy could indicate that he's indeed being added as a playable character.

For the others, Ms. Pac-Man may have a chance but she's not particularly requested or demanded. Maybe she could sneak in as a costume. None of Snake or Cloud's possible echo fighters have a lot of demand or enough popularity to back their inclusion either, so I don't think any of them will happen.

Sure, you may argue the same about Richter, but seeing as a large amount of Simon's moveset is based on Richter, it's safe to assume that the moveset was made with both characters in mind from the get go.
Mega Man still has Roll, who has even been a clone in MvC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mega Man still has Roll, who has even been a clone in MvC.
Right. I forgot about her. Not very familiar with the Mega Man franchise overall, so I overlooked her.

She's definitely a possibility, although the lack of the demand for her definitely doesn't help her chances.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Right. I forgot about her. Not very familiar with the Mega Man franchise overall, so I overlooked her.

She's definitely a possibility, although the lack of the demand for her definitely doesn't help her chances.
Not to mention that there are plenty of Capcom characters people would ask for over her. Other Mega Man characters can't get much more than a cameo in Smash, so what chance does she have?

I'd say waiting until next time would be good, unless DLC changes that.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not to mention that there are plenty of Capcom characters people would ask for over her. Other Mega Man characters can't get much more than a cameo in Smash, so what chance does she have?

I'd say waiting until next time would be good, unless DLC changes that.
DLC could change things, but I think that DLC will mainly focus on adding new characters from unrepresented franchises (that are also popularly demanded) if Smash 3DS/Wii U DLC is any indication.

With 3DS/Wii U and now taking it to a new level in Ultimate, I think Sakurai has officially shifted the Smash Bros. series' focus from "Nintendo crossover (with a few guests in Brawl)" to "massive video game crossover".

You can even tell that by the wording used in presentations and other PR materials. It's no longer "Nintendo All-Stars" but they simply generalize it to a video game characters as a whole. This is why we now have more and more representation from third party franchises, even beyond the playable roster as evidenced by the addition of Shovel Knight, Bomberman and Rathalos to the Assist Trophy line-up.

So, all of this in consideration, Roll could sneak in as an echo fighter, but there's not much demand for her over other potential echo fighters, so that hurts her chances. And as you said, other Capcom characters are in higher demand, such as Dante or Phoenix Wright, who would do well as brand new characters and are both solid picks for DLC if they're not in the base game.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Anyone else starting to feel burned out with the smash hype? The slow stream of information feels worse this time around. I guess it was because we had so much information already. And the blog offers nothing new.

Just feels like a grind. Which is weird given how quick it will be for release.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1) We don't actually know if Smash is free advertising. For all we know, the game is at such a big scale now, that it costs developers money to put their third party characters in the game. Or maybe they get locked into deals like having all the final fantasy games ported over. Who knows. Either way, unfounded claim.

2) I don't think Bayonetta would be getting a third game if she were not also planned to be in Smash. I don't know what constitutes as 'fine,' to you, but Bayonetta clearly needed water wings to jump into the deep end.
1. If they had a FF deal then it took a mighty long time to happen, and the free advertising is more so for the 3rd party having something in Smash that could then be used to promote something to get people interested in (like what happened to Kid Icarus) and not the “paying” part

2. The third game was more than likely gonna happen even without Smash since her creator already had plans for more Bayo games, and wanted to continue working with Nintendo (her getting into Smash was a bonus for them)
Anyone else starting to feel burned out with the smash hype? The slow stream of information feels worse this time around. I guess it was because we had so much information already. And the blog offers nothing new.

I don’t feel any of this whatsoever, but I can understand why you feel this way

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I'm going back and playing Smash-related games to keep the hype going. DKC2, Super Metroid, Pokemon Moon, and of course Smash 4. It's working pretty well for me.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Eh, I kinda stopped being excited all the time but it's not like I could stay like that for months.

Untouch

Smash Master

Speculation has become very vitriolic ever since the Box Theory. I think a lot of people can't really accept that there's a chance that the character they wanted isn't in and are just attacking each other now. 2 months of this is going to be pretty difficult.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Yeah, I don't think she's likely, just wanted to mention a potential echo. since his final smash removed the other two options.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Only time I feel Smash hype is when Smash Direct is announced and aired... and when Nintendo Direct shows a newcomer.

In the meantime I am just playing Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and Pokemon Yellow.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650

Actually, there was a poll a while back saying Zack was the most popular Male FF character. Even now he is still up there.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

There are certainly some days where I just want the wait to be over.

The best thing to do is find something else to do while you wait, even if it's fleeting.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is definitely my favorite pre-release. We got more info up front and a shorter total wait. I don't care for the drip feed, and I mostly just want to play the game so it all works the way I want it to work. We've also gotten tons of really good footage of the very comprehensive demo being played; those doubles matches from yesterday were some good stuff and did a lot to give context to how both Kirby and Corrin are going to function in the new game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
While I'm definitely looking forward to Ultimate and, as someone who only had the 3DS version of the previous game, it will feel like a huge jump in many regards, especially visuals, potentially more game modes, and a lot of the returning Wii U content will essentially feel new to me, so there will definitely be a lot to explore in the new game for me from the characters, the stages, the music and all the new modes.

This said, I definitely am burnt out from speculation and I'm not as engaged into all the stuff regarding character supports and all of that. I've had my time with pre-Brawl, pre-Smash 3DS/Wii U and the Smash 3DS/Wii U DLC, and the mere fact that all veterans are coming back is good enough for me to feel satisfied as I felt the Smash 3DS/Wii U roster only lacked in a few of the missing characters, so having literally every character with a lot of solid new additions on top is more than enough for me.

This is probably the last Smash Bros. game I'll be following more intensively. I feel like this could be the last game in the series and it would end on a very high note. After this, a smaller Smash Bros. reboot, while inevitable, won't feel as exciting, massive or ambitious.

D

Deleted member

Speculation has become very vitriolic ever since the Box Theory. I think a lot of people can't really accept that there's a chance that the character they wanted isn't in and are just attacking each other now. 2 months of this is going to be pretty difficult.
Don't forget that even very prolific people in the community have now become gatekeepers on what you can and cannot say. I highly recommend just following people like D1, Trihex and Delthezin for anything regarding speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom