• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I guess Flynn is fine but Demi-fiend doesn't interest me much, I prefer a demon summoner. Not to mention all the rabid Nocturne fanboys he would bring.
I think any of the SMT protagonists would be cool. They could uitlize demons in their attacks and specials. By demon summoner, do you mean someone from the Devil Summoner games?
Also, I don't blame you for having that opinion of those types of fanboys. Both Persona and SMT have crazy fanbases.

KMDP KMDP Thanks. I though Ivy looked familiar. Also, I stand by my opinion of SK. I'd show how crazy it can get with Waifu-bait, but I'd be warned for posting NSFW material.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Senran Kagura is a decent series of beat-'em-up games ("beat-'em-up" in the sense of "Streets of Rage"/"Double Dragon"), that just so happens to star a cast of sexy girls.

The grey haired character is Ivy from Soul Calibur.

The last two characters are Asuka, the main character from Senran Kagura; and Charlotte, a character from Fire Emblem Fates. I'd be lying if I said they were 100% joke picks, but they're at the end because neither are probably ever kidding in. :laugh:
Oops, I should have worded it better. I don't have a thing against the cast, I just have a hard time thinking the cast in Smash. Then again, I love Bayonetta and Snake, so don't take me seriously. If they are interesting, I'll probably warm up to any potential characters from there.

KMDP

Smash Legend
KMDP KMDP Thanks. I though Ivy looked familiar. Also, I stand by my opinion of SK. I'd show how crazy it can get with Waifu-bait, but I'd be warned for posting NSFW material.
Senran Kagura sets out to do one thing (well, two things), and it does it pretty well; obviously, it's not for everyone (for... obvious reasons).
Oops, I should have worded it better. I don't have a thing against the cast, I just have a hard time thinking the cast in Smash. Then again, I love Bayonetta and Snake, so don't take me seriously. If they are interesting, I'll probably warm up to any potential characters from there.
Asuka is a difficult character to peg down, I feel that she'd be sort of "sword Bayonetta"? In that she's a character designed to get you into a combo and keep you there, only with a sword instead of guns and giant body parts. Others (like AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 ) could probably come up with something more clear.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Senran, I just found out that series has a spin-off game where you spray other characters with super-soakers in waterparks. While said characters are wearing bikinis.

I'm not joking. I'm literally not even on the verge of joking.

Chrono.

Asuka is a difficult character to peg down, I feel that she'd be sort of "sword Bayonetta"? In that she's a character designed to get you into a combo and keep you there, only with a sword instead of guns and giant body parts..
No I'm sure those are still there.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'd love for an SMT rep to be Flynn or Joker, but i'm doubtful.

I kinda think if MegaTen gets anything it'll be Yu.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If Smash wasn't confined to a damn E rating, Mara would be an easy shoo-in.

He is clearly the most popular SMT demon.

D

Deleted member

I feel like I should start a "Persona and Shin Megami Tensei Fan-club" around here...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still pretty confident we'll be getting a Smash Direct in October. There seems to be a pattern after all which is too big to be a coincidence.

June: Smash Direct > August: Smash Direct > October: Smash Direct > December: Release date

cothero

Smash Lord
Guys, Smash Ultimate is a dream come true. It doesn't matter who's gonna be in the game from now on, the actual content amazes me. Who would ever thought that Sakurai's ambitious project could have gone so far? Who would have thought that a game like Smash 64 could have grown so big after 5 titles? The roster is insane, the characters are insane, the number of stages, songs, collectibles, EVERYTHING. And is not over yet, we have more to come. It's good to be part of this community, and i'm very thankful for it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Aaay, thanks for the shoutout.

Unfortunately, the thread's got this weird issue where everytime I edit it, the spoilers duplicate themselves, and it's gotten to the point where the thread refuses to show previews unless I go into the code section and manually remove all the spoilers.
You did talk with the admins right? And they are working on it?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm normally opposed to character hate, but there are a few characters even I would be angry over. One starts with a "C" and ends in a "amilla", and the other one rhymes with "arja". I really can't stand creepy "waifu-bait" as they call it. Thankfully none of them have even a remote chance of being playable so we're good.

Anyway Senran Kagura is a game I'm not touching with a 10-foot pole. If you're into that's fine, just keep it away from my Smash Brothers and also away from my Fire Emblem, but it may be too late for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm normally opposed to character hate, but theres a few characters even I would be angry over. One starts with a "C" and ends in a "amilla", and the other one rhymes with "arja". I really can't stand creepy "waifu-bait" as they call it. Thankfully none of them have even a remote chance of being playable so we're good.

Anyway Senran Kagura is a game I'm not touching with a 10-foot pole. If you're into that's fine, just keep it away from my Smash Brothers and also away from my Fire Emblem, but it may be too late for that.
Same here. Waifu-bait content just gets stale really quickly. Also yeah, it's too late for Fire Emblem.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd like Yu, plus he'd bring over P4 music which is the big prize here.
Honestly, P4 has a very upbeat soundtrack, it would fit Smash really well. And if you like harder stuff, there are always I'll Face Myself and Fog. Just give me Persona music in Smash. And Yu would also make P4 haters angry, which is a big plus.

Same here. Waifu-bait content just gets stale really quickly. Also yeah, it's too late for Fire Emblem.
Echoes and seemingly Three Houses aren't so fan-service heavy.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Cyn Cyn and Warchamp7 Warchamp7 are the admins I'm more familiar with. Just PM them about your problem...
Ah, I'll see.
I'll shoot them a quick PM explaining the issue.
Should I PM Cyndane or Warchamp or both about my issue? Don't want to be too much of a bother here.
I'd love for an SMT rep to be Flynn or Joker, but i'm doubtful.

I kinda think if MegaTen gets anything it'll be Yu.
If, and this is a big if here, there were a Persona character, I really, REALLY, want it to be Minato Arisato.

Like, I love P2's interesting plot and all, but the execution of 3's is mag-NIFICENT. (Kinda like MGS2 vs. MGS3 for me)
It's ideas are so razor focused and its characters all universally revolve around the central theme of death and moving on which is so, so relate-able, I just
jontron mwah.gif
. P3 remake when.

Also helps he can use every weapon in the party, has three main personas with equally great designs, has a female alternate who has a different personality, and a banging Lotus Juice OST.

D

Deleted member

*shrugs* As long as it's not like Fates. I didn't really minded Awakening.
I just hope they learned to write better stories and characters after both of those games. I realize Fire Emblem isn't particularly note-worthy in story-telling, but still they can do better than what we got in those games.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't particularly care what they do at this point as long as they don't pull another
SMT x FE.gif

ever again.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't particularly care what they do at this point as long as they don't pull another
View attachment 166224
ever again.
You mean Persona x SMT?

As the resident Persona guy I feel a need to comment in all of this, but I have little to say that I already haven't. I feel like we'll see Joker before Yu, but it's the old vs. the new really.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You mean Persona x SMT?

As the resident Persona guy I feel a need to comment in all of this, but I have little to say that I already haven't. I feel like we'll see Joker before Yu, but it's the old vs. the new really.
One question: If they ever got into Smash, would you prefer them using multiple Personas with the Wild Card or just stick to Izanagi/Arsene?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just hope they learned to write better stories and characters after both of those games. I realize Fire Emblem isn't particularly note-worthy in story-telling, but still they can do better than what we got in those games.
The main issue with Fates' character writing is that most of the good character stuff is hidden in the Supports.

If the character makes a bad first impression on you, and you don't want to use them for that reason, then you're SOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom