• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah. I don't think he's going to be in, but everyone is trashing my opinion and calling my logic faulty.
...well you could've just responded to my post calling your logic faulty if it upset you and I would have stopped. I was not aware that would upset you in a debate thread.
Take care of yourself.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
I do not dislike Ken, and I'm happy for his fans, but he is possibly the least interesting possible character at this point for me. Technically his appearance bodes well for Incineroar, but the former could easily be in without the latter.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a bad feeling that the Craft Yoshi alt might just be a scrapped idea...
I'm taking a serious liking to it, so that would be a shame.

And I need to consider what Link alt I should use. Red and Dark look good, but the RGU skin looks so perfect, even if it's not the real deal.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sakurai is gonna use those MINECRAFT ANIMATIONS clickbait videos as reference for steve cause thats only reference he has

hes gonna give him those weird stretchy mouths from them

D

Deleted member

I'm not too salty about Ken. I don't really care much for Echos but hey, if Ken's in, then he's in. No skin off my back.

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Minecraft stage
Gen 7 Pokemon stage - inceneroar
Xenoblade x stage - elma
Dmc stage - Dante
Kingdom hearts stage - sora

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just got off work, I read two more Square Enix characters? Is that what all the commotion is about?
It's nothing

The guy said he got his "leak" from googling stuff

unknown.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You shouldn't dismiss it like that.
The leaker was MasterofHyrule, popular YouTuber who leaked Battlefield pre-E3.
I kinda doubt it. My problem with Sora is that it isn't because I don't want him - trust me, I'd be ALL down for seeing Goofy tusslin' with Shulk, but adding him would practically be impossible knowing that Sakurai would have to get the OK also from Disney of Japan, and you know that ain't gonna happen ESPECIALLY with them.

One look at Sora's keyblade and they find those three circles that represent Mickey Mouse on the keychain, it's night-night for Sakurai. Yakuza gonna come after him. There's Nintendo Ninjas... but then there's Disney of Japan.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I kinda doubt it. My problem with Sora is that it isn't because I don't want him - trust me, I'd be ALL down for seeing Goofy tusslin' with Shulk, but adding him would practically be impossible knowing that Sakurai would have to get the OK also from Disney of Japan, and you know that ain't gonna happen ESPECIALLY with them.

One look at Sora's keyblade and they find those three circles that represent Mickey Mouse on the keychain, it's night-night for Sakurai. Yakuza gonna come after him. There's Nintendo Ninjas... but then there's Disney of Japan.
No real comment here, all I can say is I once saw Cloud as impossible too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do wonder how long the Crafted Yoshi was around, was it something added early on in development or something towards the end? And it seems like the kind of alt that'd be hard to set apart from standard Yoshi in a game like this.

D

Deleted member

So it is safe to say I have an insanely high number of potential third party characters I'd like to see in Smash?

My wish list:
Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Zero (Megaman X)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Dark Souls protagonist (Dark Souls)
Lloyd Irving (Tales series)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
2B (Nier)
Soma Cruz (Castlevania)
Bill Rizier (Contra)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Elder Scrolls Skyrim main character (Elder Scrolls)
A Fallout protagonist (Fallout)
Doomguy (DOOM)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Any mainline SMT protagonist, preferable Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I do wonder how long the Crafted Yoshi was around, was it something added early on in development or something towards the end? And it seems like the kind of alt that'd be hard to set apart from standard Yoshi in a game like this.
I can tell the difference, but that's probably because it's ME. I can see him colored slightly lighter for all colors and the fur textures may be more pronounced...

D

Deleted member

No real comment here, all I can say is I once saw Cloud as impossible too.
But that was at least in the very far, but still doable, realms of possibility. And seeing how much Sakurai could make out of the Final Fantasy VII IP, you really gotta give props to the guy for nailing key aspects of the game with the aspect of Summon Materia and Cloud to a tee. Granted, it might've cost Sakurai a **** ton of money to use the material, but still lol

I just can't see Sakurai not going in on every little detail on Sora to respect and represent Kingdom Hearts in the best way possible, considering how huge Disney plays a part in the franchise. That's practically Sakurai's forte, respecting franchises.

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
I do not dislike Ken, and I'm happy for his fans, but he is possibly the least interesting possible character at this point for me. Technically his appearance bodes well for Incineroar, but the former could easily be in without the latter.
lmao same. Ryu is white bread and Ken is the smashed loaf of hard white bread no one wants to buy

Chrono.

So it is safe to say I have an insanely high number of potential third party characters I'd like to see in Smash?

My wish list:
Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Zero (Megaman X)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Dark Souls protagonist (Dark Souls)
Lloyd Irving (Tales series)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
2B (Nier)
Soma Cruz (Castlevania)
Bill Rizier (Contra)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Elder Scrolls Skyrim main character (Elder Scrolls)
A Fallout protagonist (Fallout)
Doomguy (DOOM)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Any mainline SMT protagonist, preferable Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei)
Getting Dante and Zero in the same fighting game again would be meme worthy.

I actually like both though.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But that was at least in the very far, but still doable, realms of possibility. And seeing how much Sakurai could make out of the Final Fantasy VII IP, you really gotta give props to the guy for nailing key aspects of the game with the aspect of Summon Materia and Cloud to a tee. Granted, it might've cost Sakurai a **** ton of money to use the material, but still lol

I just can't see Sakurai not going in on every little detail on Sora to respect and represent Kingdom Hearts in the best way possible, considering how huge Disney plays a part in the franchise. That's practically Sakurai's forte, respecting franchises.
I can, if it means he'd get Sora in after all.
KH has enough well known original material to make a whole moveset out of.

But also I don't care about Sora and just want Geno. I have negative 1 stake in him.

D

Deleted member

Getting Dante and Zero in the same fighting game again would be meme worthy.

I actually like both though.
What makes you say that?
EDIT: Ignore this. I get it now.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys the leak thread is that way. We use spoiler tag 'round these parts.
Most of us know about Ken and Verg, but a leak is still a leak.

Spoiler tag Ken talk. Please.
If we can't even do that, how am I supposed to trust that I won't get spoiled when another credible leak drops? Seriously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can, if it means he'd get Sora in after all.
KH has enough well known original material to make a whole moveset out of.

But also I don't care about Sora and just want Geno. I have negative 1 stake in him.
But what would appeal to the mass audience? Some original characters that you have to figure out 10 different games to get ahold of it's story and why they matter...

OR MICKEY MOUSE THROWING HANDS WITH MARIO? YOU KNOW WHAT I'M CHOOSING LMAO

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But what would appeal to the mass audience? Some original characters that you have to figure out 10 different games to get ahold of it's story and why they matter...

OR MICKEY MOUSE THROWING HANDS WITH MARIO? YOU KNOW WHAT I'M CHOOSING LMAO
Sora already appeals to the mass audience, though I know you're having a good ol' kek on me as a classic Tots move.

Amen put Mickey in.

D

Deleted member

Sora already appeals to the mass audience, though I know you're having a good ol' kek on me as a classic Tots move.

Amen put Mickey in.
At the end of the day, if Sora gets in down the pipeline, I would welcome it with open arms because in one way or another, we Disney boys out here. IT MIGHT NOT HAVE MICKEY, but Sora be representing us Mouse Musketeers.

The Square character is gonna be Geno, everyone is gonna go insane, and I'll have this game 98% on the Closure Meter.

D

Deleted member

I think Sora would be interesting. He won't happen though. Too many legal issues.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
At the end of the day, if Sora gets in down the pipeline, I would welcome it with open arms because in one way or another, we Disney boys out here. IT MIGHT NOT HAVE MICKEY, but Sora be representing us Mouse Musketeers.

The Square character is gonna be Geno, everyone is gonna go insane, and I'll have this game 98% on the Closure Meter.
Stop getting me too excited over Geno he may not happen you beast

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Sora get's in, does Disney get their name in the game case's credits section?

"Super Smash Brothers Ultimate & Knuckles ft. Steve from Minecraft! Sponsored by Disney & Knuckles"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom