• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domriver

Smash Lord
So Konami gets a Echo - Capcom (presuming Ken leak is true) is it reasonable to guess that Sonic/ Bayonetta/ Snake/ Pac-Man/Mega-man will all be getting echos as well ?

D

Deleted member

Stop getting me too excited over Geno he may not happen you beast
> "I actually wanted to include Geno as far back as Brawl" - Masahiro Sakurai
> requests keep ramping up
> Geno Mii costume reveal
> Geno is the only Mii costume to have a separate splash screen
> Smash Ultimate uses the ballot to get fighters
> Ridley comes through
> King K. Rool returns after 22 years
> Rumored 2nd Square Enix character

IT'S. TIME.

Screenshot (1061).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can tell the difference, but that's probably because it's ME. I can see him colored slightly lighter for all colors and the fur textures may be more pronounced...
Yeah I can see it too, but in the middle of a fight from a zoomed out cam might make it harder. Thogh it wouldn't the first time a characters alts were hard to tell apart from a distance. Ganon in Brawl was fairly hard to judge who was who given how dark his outfit is. It's been improved a bit in later games though. I'm hoping Ultimate keeps that up. Marth has like 2 similar looking blue alts too.

If Sora get's in, does Disney get their name in the game case's credits section?

"Super Smash Brothers Ultimate & Knuckles ft. Steve from Minecraft! Sponsored by Disney & Knuckles"
All that and still no Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Dante.gif

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
> "I actually wanted to include Geno as far back as Brawl" - Masahiro Sakurai
> requests keep ramping up
> Geno Mii costume reveal
> Geno is the only Mii costume to have a separate splash screen
> Smash Ultimate uses the ballot to get fighters
> Ridley comes through
> King K. Rool returns after 22 years
> Rumored 2nd Square Enix character

IT'S. TIME.

View attachment 166216
E N O U G H OR I WILL DIE

I WANT TO BELIEVE

I EVEN GOT HIS MOTTO
"GENO Shoots for the Stars!"

I HOPE TO GOD I SEE IT

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah I can see it too, but in the middle of a fight from a zoomed out cam might make it harder. Thogh it wouldn't the first time a characters alts were hard to tell apart from a distance. Ganon in Brawl was fairly hard to judge who was who given how dark his outfit is. It's been improved a bit in later games though. I'm hoping Ultimate keeps that up. Marth has like 2 similar looking blue alts too.

View attachment 166217
I just wasn't sure about all the Dante rumors.

but if you'd like

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate & Knuckles ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry series Now sponsored by Disney!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 166217
Dante would be awesome to see in Smash. Don't know why he isn't discussed more.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly I hope Sora is DLC mainly because I don't want Disney's tentacles to spread even further than it already has. and I don't want my money to go to them when I buy Smash Ultimate. There's stuff I love that is from Disney but unfortunately they just became a gigantic Monopoly at this point after their buy up of Marvel, Lucas Films, and 20th Century Fox and it worries me for the future.

D

Deleted member

E N O U G H OR I WILL DIE

I WANT TO BELIEVE

I EVEN GOT HIS MOTTO
"GENO Shoots for the Stars!"

I HOPE TO GOD I SEE IT
We didn't think Ridley would be ever a character.
We never thought Cloud would come back AGAIN.
We would've never believed Masahiro Sakurai - the madman - actually has every company under his finger with his power to BRING. BACK. SNAKE.

Even if we only heard of "rumoured 2nd Square Enix character", Geno wouldn't technically be leaked.
I'll bet my ENTIRE SCOTT THE WOZ MEME FOLDER Sakurai has Japanese army-men inside Geno's development room right now. The time is now, history is reaching a huge climax.

Believing is seeing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally I do think Sora has a decent shot in making DLC honestly and I think it works better that way due to Disney shenanigans leading to a better deal.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We didn't think Ridley would be ever a character.
We never thought Cloud would come back AGAIN.
We would've never believed Masahiro Sakurai - the madman - actually has every company under his finger with his power to BRING. BACK. SNAKE.

Even if we only heard of "rumoured 2nd Square Enix character", Geno wouldn't technically be leaked.
I'll bet my ENTIRE SCOTT THE WOZ MEME FOLDER Sakurai has Japanese army-men inside Geno's development room right now. The time is now, history is reaching a huge climax.

Believing is seeing.
If he DOES get in...

I dunno if I'll be able to see him with any render except this god damn one that has plagued the Internet for eternity.

Geno_Smashified.png

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So it is safe to say I have an insanely high number of potential third party characters I'd like to see in Smash?

My wish list:
Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Zero (Megaman X)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Dark Souls protagonist (Dark Souls)
Lloyd Irving (Tales series)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
2B (Nier)
Soma Cruz (Castlevania)
Bill Rizier (Contra)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Elder Scrolls Skyrim main character (Elder Scrolls)
A Fallout protagonist (Fallout)
Doomguy (DOOM)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Any mainline SMT protagonist, preferable Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei)
For me personally, Third Parties go like this. I already got 4 of the ones I really wanted. I'm including Final Smash and Assist characters anyway.

S: Mega Man X, Jin Kamaza, Ryu Hayabusa, Protoman, Mega Man .EXE
A: Dante, Sub-Zero/Scorpion, Heihachi, Knuckles, Bomberman, SF Mega Man
B: Jill/Leon, Crash/Spyro, Alucard, Zero, Tails, Chun-Li, Terry Bogard
C: Lara Croft, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Rayman, Crono, Geno
D: The Rest

As far as "Personal Hype" goes anyway. Any of them I think would make many people happy but the ones in S and A tiers would be my top choices for cool guys. No way in hell we're getting THAT many third party characters though.

Last edited:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
i honestly don't think sora is even the second most likely square enix character. kingdom hearts is wholly owned by disney; square-enix only owns the code, and given their controlling nature, disney may not want to play ball with nintendo, considering they partnered with universal and illumination for theme park attractions and a movie respectively

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
i honestly don't think sora is even the second most likely square enix character. kingdom hearts is wholly owned by disney; square-enix only owns the code, and given their controlling nature, disney may not want to play ball with nintendo, considering they partnered with universal and illumination for theme park attractions and a movie respectively
Well Disney did have a new rendition of Mario Kart music playing near some Wreck-It Ralph thing.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Well Disney did have a new rendition of Mario Kart music playing near some Wreck-It Ralph thing.
They've actually had that music for a long time:

D

Deleted member

For me personally, Third Parties go like this. I already got 4 of the ones I really wanted. I'm including Final Smash and Assist characters anyway.

S: Mega Man X, Jin Kamaza, Ryu Hayabusa, Protoman, Mega Man .EXE
A: Dante, Sub-Zero/Scorpion, Heihachi, Knuckles, Bomberman, SF Mega Man
B: Jill/Leon, Crash/Spyro, Alucard, Zero, Tails, Chun-Li, Terry Bogard
C: Lara Croft, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Rayman, Crono, Geno
D: The Rest

As far as "Personal Hype" goes anyway. Any of them I think would make many people happy but the ones in S and A tiers would be my top choices for cool guys. No way in hell we're getting THAT many third party characters though.
I know. That was just a list of who I'd like to see.

Here's my hype tier list:
S: SMT Protag, Doomguy, Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizier, Soma Cruz
A: Jill/Leon, Fallout Protag, Sora, 2B, Kazuma, Dark Souls protag
B: Jin, Elder Scrolls protag, Scorpion, Zero, Monster Hunter
C: Lloyd
D: Rayman, anyone else
F: Any Persona character.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
I know. That was just a list of who I'd like to see.

Here's my hype tier list:
S: SMT Protag, Doomguy, Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizier, Soma Cruz
A: Jill/Leon, Fallout Protag, Sora, 2B, Kazuma, Dark Souls protag
B: Jin, Elder Scrolls protag, Scorpion, Zero, Monster Hunter
C: Lloyd
D: Rayman, anyone else
F: Any Persona character.
All the SMT fans I know are rooting for Jack Frost, what do you think about him?

Chrono.

So Konami gets a Echo - Capcom (presuming Ken leak is true) is it reasonable to guess that Sonic/ Bayonetta/ Snake/ Pac-Man/Mega-man will all be getting echos as well ?
Reasonable is one word for it, most have easy answers for echoes.

- Bayonetta - Jeanne: If Bayonetta's Ryu, Jeanne is Ken. They both have the same powers and fight exactly the same. No brainer, really.
- Snake - Big Boss: This is a pretty literal example as Snake is a clone of Big Boss lol.
- Snake - Raiden (MGS2): Another option but I don't see it as likely mostly cause Raiden is much more well known these days as the hack n slashin' cyborg.
- PAC-MAN - Ms. PAC-MAN: It feels like Ms PAC-MAN has been getting phased out for a while (idk if Konami is reluctant due to her weird situation) but this is still possible, I guess.
- Mega Man - Proto Man: He's in his Final Smash, but let's say he can still be playable. I always had the idea that, if Proto Man were to be an echo, they'd give Mega Man's second set of custom moves from 4, as all of Mega Man's custom moves are still based on real weapons from the series.
- Mega Man - Bass: Same deal as Proto Man, but replace the lemons with the rapid fire Bass Buster and give him the final set of customs MM had.
- Sonic - Shadow: Kind of explains itself

Wouldn't bet on any of these happening though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sonic yes and Bayo maybe...Pac and Mega Man who knows and Cloud is a no

D

Deleted member

I might be opening the floodgates with this one, but what are some series you don't want to see in Smash?

For me it's Rayman, Persona, and Senran Kagura.

Rayman just didn't click with me. I'm not sure why, but he just doesn't. I guess it's because he's just visually unappealing to me.

As for Persona, well to put it bluntly, Persona bores me. I do not like to use the term overrated, but that is what'd I would describe Persona as.

Senran is Waifu-bait hell.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I might be opening the floodgates with this one, but what are some series you don't want to see in Smash?

Rayman just didn't click with me. I'm not sure why, but he just doesn't. I guess it's because he's just visually unappealing to me.

As for Persona, well to put it bluntly, Persona bores me. I do not like to use the term overrated, but that is what'd I would describe Persona as.

Really, just the ones that aren't video game series. That's it!!!

osby

Smash Obsessed

Rayman, Crash, Spyro and Banjo-Kazooie I'm not too interested, mainly because we already have numerous platforming guests.

Senran Kagura also sounds bad.

I want an ATLUS character but no Jack Frost, please. Or... actually, any mainline SMT character. A Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga or Persona character would be more interesting.

D

Deleted member

Rayman, Crash, Spyro and Banjo-Kazooie I'm not too interested, mainly because we already have numerous platforming guests.

I want an ATLUS character but no Jack Frost, please. Or... actually, any mainline SMT character. A Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga or Persona character would be more interesting.
I disagree immensely. I would give huge amounts of money to see either the Demi-Fiend or Flynn in Smash.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If we are actually getting the 5 characters, that basically all-but-confirms the blog theory is correct. Which means there's 1-3 characters missing on top of those (depending on how you want to view the variables).

I would say Shadow and Elma are both givens based on a multitude of factors, but there's so many different characters that could fit into that last spot, assuming there is an 8th character.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Steve is the only character that has anything resembling I chance that I actively don't want in the game.

The roster has been amazing so far so I'd tolerate it, but he'd definitely be my least-favorite addition to the Smash series.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I disagree immensely. I would give huge amounts of money to see either the Demi-Fiend or Flynn in Smash.
I guess Flynn is fine but Demi-fiend doesn't interest me much, I prefer a demon summoner. Not to mention all the rabid Nocturne fanboys he would bring.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Senran Kagura is a decent series of beat-'em-up games ("beat-'em-up" in the sense of "Streets of Rage"/"Double Dragon"), that just so happens to star a cast of sexy girls.
If you don't mind me asking, in your icon thing at the bottom, who is the grey haired character and who are the last two characters?
The grey haired character is Ivy from Soul Calibur (unless you meant Sephiroth)

The last two characters are Asuka, the main character from Senran Kagura; and Charlotte, a character from Fire Emblem Fates. I'd be lying if I said they were 100% joke picks, but they're at the end because neither are probably ever kidding in. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom