• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In the case with Black Knight they can make him in the same way as they did with Dracula who is taller and bigger then the players themselves.
Yeah but he'd look too awkward if he was resiz - oh sweet Naga I sound like one of them.

Okay but seriously, I think the issue I'd have with a giant BK is that he is human underneath that armor. He's not like Riddles or Dracula where he's actually an alien or monster who constantly changes size. Dracula was actually pretty tall in the original Castlevania.

Meanwhile FE has all sorts of great bosses. I really want to see Fomortiis get some recognition. He's got such a terrifying design.

As for Skull Kid. As I said you fight him first as that but after defeating him would he then be freed and you soon fight Majora and its other forms.
Yeah I could see that sort of working, but I think it should be mentioned that in the original MM, you don't actually fight Skull Kid. You hit him once to get him to drop the ocarina and that's it, so I still think they'd more likely just have a fight against the Mask itself.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah but he'd look too awkward if he was resiz - oh sweet Naga I sound like one of them.

Okay but seriously, I think the issue I'd have with a giant BK is that he is human underneath that armor. He's not like Riddles or Dracula where he's actually an alien or monster who constantly changes size. Dracula was actually pretty tall in the original Castlevania.

Meanwhile FE has all sorts of great bosses. I really want to see Fomortiis recognition. He's got such a terrifying design.

Yeah I could see that sort of working, but I think it should be mentioned that in the original MM, you don't actually fight Skull Kid. You hit him once to get him to drop the ocarina and that's it, so I still think they'd more likely just have a fight against the Mask itself.
Fair points there. I guess in the case of Dracula they based his height off from the original Castlevania game then.

And with Skull Kid. Instead its only Majora that is a boss then.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Red-Hot American sounds like they'd be a fire gym leader in Kanto and a brother of Lt.Surge before they retconned the whole "America" thing.
Incineroar! Give 'em deh Flamethrowah!

Speaking of Lt. Surge, he was the first Gym Leader I fought in Pokémon Crystal Clear.

I then fought Falkner, Bugsy and Misty in that order.

Bugsy and Misty were absolute nightmares. And Falkner was barely any better.
Let's just say I'm glad I wasn't doing a Nuzlocke... XD
Surprisingly Bomberman often does better than Ashley and Waluigi on the many "which AT's do you want playable?" type polls.
He usually has the lead, but not by too much, with Ashley in 2nd and Waluigi a close 3rd behind her, with every single other AT far, far behind these 3.
It's striking how consistent this pattern remains in these kind of polls; these 3 are always the top 3 by far.
Hmm...
Checks out.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
Here's my take on the Ken leak, if it were to be true, then Vergeben will pretty much be this era's equivalent of Gematsu, A rumor that got lots things right, but gets some things wrong.
Except Vergeben hasn't gotten anything wrong when it comes to smash. Failure to mention some things isn't the same as stating misinformation.
(Not that Gematsu was misinformation per se, just outdated.)

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
As the old saying goes, hope for the best and expect the worse.

If your expectations are too high, you'll end up more disappointed if they don't come true.
I got Sonic ten years ago. Honestly, I've been set since. Ridley in Ultimate was all I was really asking for, and it happened! So any of the other characters I still want, like Dixie and Crash, will just be pleasant surprises at this point.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
If there were to be a second ballot, I'd advise people to vote for a character even if they're already Assist Trophies (unless they specifically tell you not to), you never know what enough fan demand could accomplish.
This is solid advice everyone should follow. B-)
Also vote 4 Ashley plz ;)
Except Vergeben hasn't gotten anything wrong when it comes to smash. Failure to mention some things isn't the same as stating misinformation.
(Not that Gematsu was misinformation per se, just outdated.)
I'm afraid he has. He once stated Zero would be playable, among other things.
Check out my posts in the leaks discusion thread if you want proof, or search his name up on Gamefaqs to browse his post history there.
He doesn't deny that some of his sources have been wrong before, he never deletes old posts where he has been wrong on Gamefaqs. He just goes on to state later that his sources were ill informed. That's all he can do. Report to us the info he is given, and yes, sometimes that info is wrong, which would make him wrong sometimes as well.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
There's just something.... weird and scummy about believing wholeheartedly into leaks. I always say wait until it's actually confirmed, THEN it would be justified, but believing them beforehand seems wrong to me...

hposter

Smash Apprentice
Just a little reminder, a character still has a chance even in Vergeben hasn't leaked them.
Vergeben doesn't know about every character. He only delivers what his sources tell him.
Information is slow and scarce, especially about characters. That's why he's been flopping back and forth with the Minecraft representation, in an assist or stage.
And with how under wraps things are in Ultimate, sources can only get so much information. Just look at how confident he was with Isabelle and Simon. Same with Ken.
He didn't leak Richter, for example. Probably because he and his sources didn't know about him.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lower your expectations pls
I totally expect Master Chief, Banjo-Kazooie, Chrono, Scorpion, Goku, Vageta, and Dragonborn to be in. I think I’m actually lowering my expectations.

Better throw in Shrek for good measure.

Honestly though, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with other having high expectations...as long as those expectations don’t cause someone to go through a downward spiral of anger, depression, and resentment when they are inevitably shattered.

Smash only comes once every 4-8 years lol.

Last edited:

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Just a little reminder, a character still has a chance even in Vergeben hasn't leaked them.
Vergeben doesn't know about every character. He only delivers what his sources tell him.
Information is slow and scarce, especially about characters. That's why he's been flopping back and forth with the Minecraft representation, in an assist or stage.
And with how under wraps things are in Ultimate, sources can only get so much information. Just look at how confident he was with Isabelle and Simon. Same with Ken.
He didn't leak Richter, for example. Probably because he and his sources didn't know about him.
This. it's something to consider.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
While it is a TAS, it does a decent job showing Ken and Ryu's similarities and some differences.

Kinda this too.

Last edited:

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Also, what do you guys think if James Bond gets in? I believe that since he counts as a literary character, that means Sakurai may not adhere to paying the likeness of Daniel Craig and instead make a model similar to how the novels described James.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How would you guys feel about getting this as a Villain Bundle for DLC?

-Black Knight
-Black Shadow
-Marx
-Medusa
-Porky Minch
-Skull Kid

I'd definitely be wetting my pants over that for sure.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm still the mascot of this thread, right?

Cause I won't be for the other thread. I'd be more of the villain...
You never were bro.

The real mascot is the friends we made along the way the box. That's our mascot.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I totally expect Master Chief, Banjo-Kazooie, Chrono, Scorpion, Goku, Vageta, and Dragonborn to be in. I think I’m actually lowering my expectations.

Better throw in Shrek for good measure.

Honestly though, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with other having high expectations...as long as those expectations don’t cause someone to go through a downward spiral of anger, depression, and resentment when they are inevitably shattered.

Smash only comes once every 4-8 years lol.
For me personally, I like to lower my expectations and have high hopes, I don't consider the two mutually exclusive. Having high hopes makes it so things don't get unnecessarily pessimistic. I expect nothing, and if I get more than that I'll be happy. Though, it could end up being a situation where "I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed." Then I'm just ****ed.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Speaking of Smash Ballot. If a second one does get made. Who do you think will rank up there?
My hope is that all the folks that voted for Simon last time shift their attention to some other 3P NES classic character like Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer or Arthur. That's what I plan to do.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No new leaks while I was out?

Still the one Ken pic?

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Also, what do you guys think if James Bond gets in? I believe that since he counts as a literary character, that means Sakurai may not adhere to paying the likeness of Daniel Craig and instead make a model similar to how the novels described James.
I feel like the closest we could possibly ever get to James Bond would be Steve wearing a tuxedo sometimes in the background of the possible Minecraft stage. I'd bet more on the Motion Sensor Bomb returning to its superior Goldeneye design. Or having the Golden Gun as an item that functions like the Homerun Bat but its projectiles are what OHKO opponents.

D

Deleted member

Out of all the series in Smash, what's your favorite?

For me it's a tie between Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Both series have fun gameplay and exploration, awesome music, memorable moments, and two of eh best video game characters ever made.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

For me it's a tie between Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Both series have fun gameplay and exploration, awesome music, memorable moments, and two of eh best video game characters ever made.
The Legend of Zelda

Followed by Yoshi (of course)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I mostly grew up with Mario and Kirby throughout my childhood so I'm inclined to say those.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607

Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, and Pac-Man for sure. I grew up with all of them and love them to death.

Last edited:

Meanwhile FE has all sorts of great bosses. I really want to see Fomortiis get some recognition. He's got such a terrifying design.

Man, this just reminded me how much I really want Ephraim.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468

Zelda and Pikmin. Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Mario aren't too far behind.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Sonic, what an amazing series, be it characters, lore, music or art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom