• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I totally expect Master Chief, Banjo-Kazooie, Chrono, Scorpion, Goku, Vageta, and Dragonborn to be in. I think I’m actually lowering my expectations.

Better throw in Shrek for good measure.

Honestly though, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with other having high expectations...as long as those expectations don’t cause someone to go through a downward spiral of anger, depression, and resentment when they are inevitably shattered.

Smash only comes once every 4-8 years lol.
Like I said the other day.

"Let people have high hopes; if their hopes are crushed, it's their problem, not yours."

Or something to that effect.
There's just something.... weird and scummy about believing wholeheartedly into leaks. I always say wait until it's actually confirmed, THEN it would be justified, but believing them beforehand seems wrong to me...
Say it with me now~

"All leaks are bull**** until proven otherwise"

Chrono.

Out of all the series in Smash, what's your favorite?

For me it's a tie between Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Both series have fun gameplay and exploration, awesome music, memorable moments, and two of eh best video game characters ever made.
Sonic, Mega Man, Xenoblade, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario and Kid Icarus.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

For me it's a tie between Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Both series have fun gameplay and exploration, awesome music, memorable moments, and two of eh best video game characters ever made.
Kingdom Hearts, followed by Persona one day it'll be true

Being serious, if I had to say, it'd be Xenoblade, specifically Xenoblade Chronicles. It's one of the best games of all time, and is well worth the money. I've never actually completed it (never had the time), but I love playing it so much. I really hope they make an HD version for Switch using the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 engine. It'd be so beautiful. I never got around to playing X, and just can't get into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (I feel like they made the combat system way too complex), but Xenoblade Chronicles more than makes up for anything else

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Isaac, if he isn't already in.

Lyn, in the same category as Waluigi and Ashley. Captain Toad.
Tails and Shadow if either are no-shows.
Bandana Dee if he's a no-show.

Rayman, Banjo, Rex & Pyra, Elma, Phoenix Wright

There are a fair few.

If there were to be a second ballot, I'd advise people to vote for a character even if they're already Assist Trophies (unless they specifically tell you not to), you never know what enough fan demand could accomplish.
You better believe I'll vote for Lyn, Krystal, and Ammy for good measure. Though I'm hoping that once they see enough votes for Lyn Intelligent Systems, and Sakurai will just add her in even if she not #1 due to her popularity among FE

KMDP

Smash Legend
You better believe I'll vote for Lyn, Krystal, and Ammy for good measure. Though I'm hoping that once they see enough votes for Lyn Intelligent Systems, and Sakurai will just add her in even if she not #1 due to her popularity among FE
Lyn is already the second most popular FE character after :ultike:.

It's only a matter of time... Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Mine would be between Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade Chronicles.

If Third Party, then it would be Street Fighter, Sonic and Final Fantasy.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

My top three:

1) Pokemon
2) Fire Emblem
3) Kirby

All of them I like for their gameplay, stories, music, and characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
....It’s the year 202X and Sakurai announces the next SmashBoards Ballot! Who are you going to vote for?

Many fans: WaaaaaLuigi should be free!

Few Fans: Ashley is the girl from the Haunted Mansion! :skull:

Weebs: Mythra and Pyr because they are totally wifu’s for us.

90’s Fans: Why did you choose blockman and not Banjo-Koozie?? :glare:

Other Few Fans: You can’t have this series going without Isaac or even Ray... Oh yea that series was cancelled. :confused:

Indie Fans: Shantae, Shovel Knight, Hat Kid, to many to choose from!!! Everyone should just join :crazy:

Me: Just simply... De-Blob!! :)
And then there's me saying, "Is it cool if I ask for Mega Man X or Protoman? No. I'm doing it anywaaaaaaaay."

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Steve could be what Cloud potentially is to Geno.

Get the actual Microsoft all-star first, then you get the "Nintendo" character people want after that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

For first party, Mario and Metroid. Most of the games are of that real quality. The Good ****™ . Metroid also more or less created a sub-franchise alongside Castlevania.

For third parties in Smash, Mega Man hands down. The original series doesn't have a bad game in it in my opinion, and a unique take on platformers that have such an influence on other games. And the Mega Man X, MMZ and MMBN games also have some really good entries. ALSO some of The Good ****™ .

Surprisingly Bomberman often does better than Ashley and Waluigi on the many "which AT's do you want playable?" type polls.
He usually has the lead, but not by too much, with Ashley in 2nd and Waluigi a close 3rd behind her, with every single other AT far, far behind these 3.
It's striking how consistent this pattern remains in these kind of polls; these 3 are always the top 3 by far.
Now, I'm personally not surprised that Bomberman is the highest in those type of polls. Haven't seen them myself so I can't say for sure. But I AM surprised that the likes of Alucard, Knuckles or Zero didn't get higher than Ashley, because I feel general video game fans would know them before they knew of Ashley. Waluigi being high up doesn't surprise me much either. Shovel Knight's an indie so that might explain him being lower than top 3.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
That's assuming those votes are all from different fans which they're obviously not.
Are you assuming that all of Lyn's votes were from different fans? Because they weren't. People had the ability to vote for the exact same character like a dozen times or so. A decent chunck of her votes were likely duplicates.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But yeah, definitely voting for MMX if there's another ballot. I got everyone I've ever wanted in the series barring Isaac, and we haven't seen everyone in base roster yet.

It's more fun when you're going for what you want instead of what you think is left.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman

Mario, Mega Man, Castlevania, Pokemon, Zelda and Metroid for me.

Many of my treasured memories in gaming came from those franchise.

Last edited:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
I've gotta say, I don't know which thread to follow now. It was almost impossible to keep up with just the one anyhow. Even without discussing the leaks this thread still moves faster than SC6 speculation

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Lyn is already the second most popular FE character after :ultike:.

It's only a matter of time... Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
After Awakening and Fates, I doubt either of those are *the* favorite anymore. There's a whole generation now of 3DS-only FE players that know Ike from Smash and Lyn from Heroes.

They didn't even bother putting Ike in the Warriors games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've gotta say, I don't know which thread to follow now. It was almost impossible to keep up with just the one anyhow. Even without discussing the leaks this thread still moves faster than SC6 speculation
I'm kind of in the same boat, because I figured I'd go inside the Leak Thread, and it's practically what supposedly some of the mods didn't want and pretty much is what this thread is. I kinda had a feeling that might be the case, so now I'm wondering what's the point in this thread in the first place, since leaks (mostly fake ones) were mostly the only thing really talked about here. I dunno, just my two brown coins.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm kind of in the same boat, because I figured I'd go inside the Leak Thread, and it's practically what supposedly some of the mods didn't want and pretty much is what this thread is. I kinda had a feeling that might be the case, so now I'm wondering what's the point in this thread in the first place, since leaks (mostly fake ones) were mostly the only thing really talked about here. I dunno, just my two brown coins.
Oh, I'm pretty sure there was a LOT to talk about here without the leaks, especially when I'm here :yoshi:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Metroid, by far. I'm actually not that into sci-fi usually, but everything about it just clicks.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I'm pretty sure there was a LOT to talk about here without the leaks, especially when I'm here :yoshi:
But you don't understand, Raiden! Leaks are the D.N.A. of this thread!
...Or we're at that point in the hype cycle where there's almost nothing to talk about since we're close to release and most of things have been explained in heavy brevity.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Are you assuming that all of Lyn's votes were from different fans? Because they weren't. People had the ability to vote for the exact same character like a dozen times or so. A decent chunck of her votes were likely duplicates.
You basically said what he said but with more words lol

MainJPW

M.T.A

The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario
Donkey Kong Country

Mother/Earthbound

Castlevania
Metroid

And last but not least-

The Sonic The Hedgehog franchise. It sports a surrealistic, colorful and imaginative aesthetic, great character designs, amazing music, and great personality. Very character driven which is probably a large part in why fans have stuck with the franchise through thick and thin.

The high-speed platforming and momentum based mechanics of the classics pulled me in and boy am I glad we got Sonic Mania. After the sheer success of the game and if we can get more Mania quality content Sonic's future will look all the more brighter.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Super Mario, DK, Star Fox, and F-Zero lads.

Enjoyed Earthbound and Xenoblade Chronicles but didn't play their series per say. Pokemon is mostly an old love at this point but I am nostalgic about it.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Minecraft is the likely the leverage necessary to facilitate an inclusion such as Banjo. Including Banjo is an act of concession for both parties, it's a move to satiate the fans above benefitting those in charge. First and foremost, it's a win for the fanbase. However, both companies would likely see greater benefit by including Minecraft in the deal, making them amenable to more compromising ventures like Banjo.

I suppose, like Fisher said, it could, loosely, be a Cloud/Geno kinda deal. Nintendo might not have found it worthwhile negotiating with SE solely for diehard favourite like Geno, but if you throw Cloud Strife into the mix, suddenly striking an accord for both looks a lot more palatable. Unfortunately Steve is no Cloud, who himself wasn't exactly embraced with open arms.

So ultimately we get our win, they get theirs. It's square. Not as square as Steve's dumb stupid face, but square enough.

KMDP

Smash Legend
After Awakening and Fates, I doubt either of those are *the* favorite anymore. There's a whole generation now of 3DS-only FE players that know Ike from Smash and Lyn from Heroes.

They didn't even bother putting Ike in the Warriors games.
But the Choose Your Legends Poll was taken after Awakening and Fates...

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Sonic, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Mario. I have several outside of Smash I enjoy more but here you go.

But I play and enjoy pretty much every franchise that’s in Smash. Played every franchise in this whole batch besides Wii Fit after all, and several of these franchises have some of my favorite games.

But I also don’t only play Nintendo stuff like a good chunk of Smash people do.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
This is solid advice everyone should follow. B-)
Also vote 4 Ashley plz ;)

I'm afraid he has. He once stated Zero would be playable, among other things.
Check out my posts in the leaks discusion thread if you want proof, or search his name up on Gamefaqs to browse his post history there.
He doesn't deny that some of his sources have been wrong before, he never deletes old posts where he has been wrong on Gamefaqs. He just goes on to state later that his sources were ill informed. That's all he can do. Report to us the info he is given, and yes, sometimes that info is wrong, which would make him wrong sometimes as well.
the day he gotten info about Simon was also the day he said the one with Zero/Tails/etc was false
you're right everything you said but keep in mind, not all of claims are from the same source, even his "main" sources
which isn't surprising for somebody harboring and reporting rumors. how many times Liam Robertson got something wrong and right again?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

:ultmario::ultpikachu::ultsonic::ultlink:

The Big 4 for me.

They all had brilliant, engaging games right as I was in that peak getting into gaming phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom