• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
...except it's not lmao
please actually read the reddit post that best describes what's going on
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9hjv09/potential_character_leak/
It's not verg, it's an affiliate of sorts, and verg says that he doesn't know for certain
"I don't want this to be correct, so I'll just dismiss it with no good reasoning" lol
There's a possibility that Vergeben's remaining leaks could be wrong, but this guy saying that he spouts bs is just being in complete denial.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
awww, come on... thats not an answer...

Actually the reason why i banned Poochy from teh selection is because i think it could be an actual fun, unique and charming character to use... so it could been too easy... but outside of poochy and baby mario (pls keep baby mario the furthest away from the roster DX) I just wanted to know if there was actual Yoshi character that you would be REALLY excited to play, to the point that you would gladly sacrifice representation on teh franchise in other places (like a cool boos battle, or energy pumping remixes)
I have a massive connection to my boi and his series, so LITERALLY ANY rep would make me excited to play as them. Boshi would obviously be an Echo so that's covered. Kamek I can see being a mage character who's not as difficult to master unlike Robin.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Y'know if you semi count Bowser Jr as Yoshi's enemy even if he isn't truly.

Don't all the original 8 have their foe? Maybe this will be how Spirits will play out?

Mario vs Bowser
Link vs Ganondorf
Kirby vs Metaknight/Dedede
Pikachu vs Mewtwo
Fox vs Wolf
DK vs K Rool
Yoshi vs Bowser Jr (Emulating Baby Bowser)
Samus vs Ridley
Now that you bought it up, that roster makes perfect sense

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Y'know if you semi count Bowser Jr as Yoshi's enemy even if he isn't truly.

Don't all the original 8 have their foe? Maybe this will be how Spirits will play out?

Mario vs Bowser
Link vs Ganondorf
Kirby vs Metaknight/Dedede
Pikachu vs Mewtwo
Fox vs Wolf
DK vs K Rool
Yoshi vs Bowser Jr (Emulating Baby Bowser)
Samus vs Ridley
Yoshi vs Taxes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
How would y'all feel if this was our 1st wave of Newcomer DLC?

View attachment 166039

I would be really excited! :D
Depends- Is Bandana Dee in the base game? It would feel wrong having Marx before him. If so, that would make the roster perfect.

Slightly related, but I still can't belive Marx is a somewhat popular request now. It used to just be me, suggesting him half-seriously, having no illusions of him actually getting in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want a Peachette alt in Smash now...also Bowsette just to be disturbed

Bowser thought the lava was fitting of his awesomeness, and has mastered the arts of not being burned after 30+ years of falling into it (Dry Bowser is his clone for when he’s done fighting)
Maybe that's how Bowser Jr. came to be.

Double Cherry Bowser + Super Crown Bowser = Bowser Jr.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
so LITERALLY ANY rep would make me excited to play as them.
Even if it means sacrificing other stuff like stages, music, items and bosses? i was asking this way mainly because i seriously outside of poochy, can't think of an exciting or charming Yoshi rep. If you obviously ask if a fan of a franchise would gladyl take another playable character for free they will always say yes. Mario fans will say yes to, toad, then waluigi, then paper mario, then koopatropa, then king boo, then petey piranna, then goomba, then those weird spider like creatures that floated on the water in mario 64, then etc...

but if you start asking, a mario fan if they will be willing to sacrifice say, half of teh remixes for toad? obviously a lot would say yes, and you can see that toad does hold some value... but they you ask the same question, would you sacrifice half of mario remixes for goomba? and i'm pretty sure the answers would be very different... meaning that people don't really want goomba that much (shocking)

But personally outside of poochy, and thats a big if. i wouldn't cut yoshi content for a playable character.. regarding metroid... i would have cut half of metroid content for Ridley... but now i don't think i would even cut metroid assist trophies for say... sylux.. so while i can entertain the novelty of a playable Sylux, and probably would use him sometimes if given free... is not really valuable to me.

I would actually enjoy teh idea of an unique playable dixie for example,if she just popped in the roster... but if I start cutting DK country to get her, i can see that i really don't need her that much.

On the other hand i would gladly cut Fire emblem content for fire emblem characters.. so i understand that there is a couple of fire emblem character that i really would love to see, same with castlevania and believe me I LOVE Castlevania content in smash... this is obvious subjective but i think is a good way to measure how much one really want a particular character (obviously you need to cut content you actually love) so which character of yoshi franchise you are willing to make huge "yoshi sacrifices" to get?

(PD: Boshi is not a yoshi character DX)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Surprised that every time DLC is mentioned for Smash Bros. Ultimate, no one brings the possibility of a second Smash Ballot.
Perhaps that is because we all know Waluigi would be the indisputable winner.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Even if it means sacrificing other stuff like stages, music, items and bosses? i was asking this way mainly because i seriously outside of poochy, can't think of an exciting or charming Yoshi rep. If you obviously ask if a fan of a franchise would gladyl take another playable character for free they will always say yes. Mario fans will say yes to, toad, then waluigi, then paper mario, then koopatropa, then king boo, then petey piranna, then goomba, then those weird spider like creatures that floated on the water in mario 64, then etc...

but if you start asking, a mario fan if they will be willing to sacrifice say, half of teh remixes for toad? obviously a lot would say yes, and you can see that toad does hold some value... but they you ask the same question, would you sacrifice half of mario remixes for goomba? and i'm pretty sure the answers would be very different... meaning that people don't really want goomba that much (shocking)

But personally outside of poochy, and thats a big if. i wouldn't cut yoshi content for a playable character.. regarding metroid... i would have cut half of metroid content for Ridley... but now i don't think i would even cut metroid assist trophies for say... sylux.. so while i can entertain the novelty of a playable Sylux, and probably would use him sometimes if given free... is not really valuable to me.

I would actually enjoy teh idea of an unique playable dixie for example,if she just popped in the roster... but if I start cutting DK country to get her, i can see that i really don't need her that much.

On the other hand i would gladly cut Fire emblem content for fire emblem characters.. so i understand that there is a couple of fire emblem character that i really would love to see, same with castlevania and believe me I LOVE Castlevania content in smash... this is obvious subjective but i think is a good way to measure how much one really want a particular character (obviously you need to cut content you actually love) so which character of yoshi franchise you are willing to make huge "yoshi sacrifices" to get?

(PD: Boshi is not a yoshi character DX)
It's not exactly a fair question to begin with as it assumes that a playable character AND other content is mutually exclusive. I despise that mindset and it belongs more on those GameFaqs threads than here.

Plus, as I've said before, the Mario/Yoshi series association can work both ways. If the obviously SMW inspired Yoshi's Island Melee stage can be considered a "Yoshi stage," then it work for Boshi as well

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So this so-called leak has Steve and Minecraft in Smash, but unknown what will it be correct?

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Steve deserves a character slot more than Isabelle ever did
At the end of the day, whether you like her or not, Isabelle is in the game. Being bitter and angry about it isn't going to get you anywhere.
Animal Crossing is a very big franchise for Nintendo, and Isabelle is a very important character in that franchise nowadays.

Nobody "deserves" a spot more than anyone else. Everyone has their own opinion on who they'd like to see in the game, but character preferences are entirely subjective.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see why a leak thread was necessary to be honest. This thread practically already was a leak thread.
A good chunk of people were expressing dissatisfaction of leak discussion here, and it's easier than discussion by spoilering everything.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
Surprised that every time DLC is mentioned for Smash Bros. Ultimate, no one brings the possibility of a second Smash Ballot.
Because the smash ballot wasn't for DLC, it was for this game. Sakurai's probably not making another smash bros.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Waluigi's my most wanted, but I don't mention him a lot anymore because people seem to get absolutely furious at any mention of the character. Sure, he's already an AT, but chill.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Waluigi's my most wanted, but I don't mention him a lot anymore because people seem to get absolutely furious at any mention of the character. Sure, he's already an AT, but chill.
I think it's because of the two guys who sent dumb memes to Sakurai.

Now the whole Waluigi fanbase is labeled as a bunch of entitled brats :glare:

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
I just hope that this thread is still kept up. It's a sobering fact that people would rather tear each other apart over leaks than the REST of the game...
There's no reason for the general discussion for the game to be taken down... It's just that there was a recent leak so people want to talk about it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Merely entertaining the thought of what Kirby would look like after he has copied Steve hurts me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Smash Ballot. If a second one does get made. Who do you think will rank up there? We already know Waluigi and Ashley are a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom