• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I hope He-who-must-not-be-named gets in... just to make the detractors be unable to use that "no anime characters" argument against Team Rocket Meowth ever again. :evil:
Not sure if I've asked this before, but I'm really curios who 'He-who-must-not-be-named' is. Of course, I know no one can tell me, since he can't be named. But I still really want to know. lol

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If you're any good with photoshop, you can make any render look professional. That's not reason enough to believe this is real.

This, however, is a fair reason to believe it's real I guess, although I still choose to be cautious with believing it's actually real because I don't want to be disappointed, just in case it isn't real, because I really REALLY want this to be real, and I just want to be careful. :p
Dude...it's real. It's one thing to be skeptical but Source Gaming is 100% legit. It's real. You're overly cautious here lol.

Untouch

Smash Master
with confirmation of a wolly yoshi I'd like to revive my stage predictions
  • A pokemon stage, probably related to ultra space as we haven't seen ANYTHING with ultra beasts yet and they'd make great stage bosses.
  • A Crafted World style stage like Wooly World, I think it was only taken out for this reason.
  • A stage for R.O.B. He just looks so awkward on the series page without a background and a stage icon for R.O.B exists on the site, with how important he was with SSE maybe they'll tie that in?
  • A minecraft stage.
  • Bowser/Smithy's castle from SMRPG, even if Geno isn't in this would explain how much Bowser music we're getting so far.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you're any good with photoshop, you can make any render look professional. That's not reason enough to believe this is real.

This, however, is a fair reason to believe it's real I guess, although I still choose to be cautious with believing it's actually real because I don't want to be disappointed, just in case it isn't real, because I really REALLY want this to be real, and I just want to be careful. :p
Buddy, it's real. 100%.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Oh, man. I promised myself I would not talk about... the thing that rhymes with fox theory. I said I would let it go, not pay any attention to it, despite how it makes no sense. My patience is being really tested though, I'm compelled to go on an angry rant about... [foxes]. ****

Guess what Sakurai said?

He's said in a column that he's willing to make more Smash if there's demand for it.

And what better way to do that then with DLC support for Ultimate.

It's pretty much a given at this point

I don't get where this pessimistic attitude comes from.

Sakurai won't disappoint.
DLC is a money-making opportunity Nintendo would not give up. Then again, their online service makes me think Nintendo hates money and is trying not to make any. But for Smash, I think they will. There's lowering expectations (e.g., we might not be getting as much DLC as we think) and then there's just being hopeless (e.g., only 2 boring characters left to be revealed and that's it for Smash for all eternity).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

That's some denial right there, buddy.

Believe us when we say it's real.

It's from the big N.

Can't get any more official then that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m taking the box with a grain of salt, it could be valid but it assumes the design will remain stagnant. These things change during development before release.

Lora Katedale has gotten leaks down pretty well with other series, so might have it on the nose.

Though I would ask if we could have not every Pokémon newcomer be a starter Pokémon but it does make sense given starters are usually the ones people have the strongest attachment with. Or rather the first Pokémon someone starts with. So I get why.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If the Crafted World Yoshi alt is really a thing, that could explain why Woolly World didn't return, because we're getting a Crafted World stage in the same vein.

As to why it wasn't shown before? Well, we just got the name reveal 4 days ago, so it'd make sense to hold off on a hypothetical Crafted World stage by then.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If the Crafted World Yoshi alt is really a thing, that could explain why Woolly World didn't return, because we're getting a Crafted World stage in the same vein.

As to why it wasn't shown before? Well, we just got the name reveal 4 days ago, so it'd make sense to hold off on a hypothetical Crafted World stage by then.
Makes sense.
I like it.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
After seeing all those alts, if Spiky Eared Pichu isn't in the game I'm gonna be really dissapointed ;_;

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I'm sorry guys, I just really don't want to be disappointed on the Crafted World alt! I know I may be overly cautious, but it's one of my most wanted aspects for this game. Even if it's 100% real, as you guys say, I'm still going to be careful just in case Source Gaming screwed up somehow. Not doubting their credibility, that's just how I am. Apologies. :p

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if I've asked this before, but I'm really curios who 'He-who-must-not-be-named' is. Of course, I know no one can tell me, since he can't be named. But I still really want to know. lol
The name of he-who-must-not-be-named cannot be G iven t O you, due to the fact his name is forbidden from being spo K en around these parts. I'm sure yo U can understand that.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Does that mean the 108 stages thing that CoroCoro said Could Be Right?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The name of he who must not be named cannot be G iven t O you, due to the fact his name is forbidden from being spo K en around these parts. I'm sure yo U can understand that.
Oh my. I can see why he should not be spoken of. That's forbidden territory.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ultimately (pun intended :smirk:) If got Lyn, Ammy, Elma, Sora, and Shantae, and Krystal, I would want no longer anything characters beyond that (favorite or otherwise) would be icing on the cake.

Now, I sacrifice Bowser, DK, Jigglypuff, Ike, Falco, Ness, and King Dedede , so I can summon Lyn, Amaterasu, Elma, Sora, Shantae, Krystal, and Rayman in attack mode.

@Zinith where are you buddy? Your wish is finally coming true!
Exodia, Obliterate him!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm sorry guys, I just really don't want to be disappointed on the Crafted World alt! I know I may be overly cautious, but it's one of my most wanted aspects for this game. Even if it's 100% real, as you guys say, I'm still going to be careful just in case Source Gaming screwed up somehow. Not doubting their credibility, that's just how I am. Apologies. :p
But...it's there...it's legit. You're denying reality to have some weird cautious thing going on. There's absolutely no need or reason to be careful. It's ok to be excited. You aren't going to get burned. It is a fact it is in the game.

D

Deleted member

It's going to be an echo stage of Woolly World, obviously.

Please no. Just let Woolly World die.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
If SourceGaming was sitting on this information for a couple of weeks, that means the various media outlets out there can have information that hasn't been publicly released, so the likes of CoroCoro could know there are 108 stages in the game (though whether they were supposed to publish that number or not is another matter).

When we did have an honest slipup about content in the game for Smash 4, where the Nintendo of Cananda's Marketing Manager insinuated Rayman was playable in a press session, a correction by Nintendo disconfirming Rayman's playability was done in a couple of days after people latched onto it. So if we already saw all the stages and CoroCoro's 108 count was a mistake, I would expect a correction from Nintendo or CoroCoro soon.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Let's just say his power level is over 9000.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Crafted Yoshi looks awesome, but a part of me will be extremely disappointed if they didn't include Yarn Yoshi too. Between the two, Yarn Yoshi looks more like an arts-and-crafts project. Crafted Yoshi looks like normal Yoshi with extra fuzz.

It's going to be an echo stage of Woolly World, obviously.

Please no. Just let Woolly World die.
I'd gladly keep Woolly World in Smash if it means we get more of its soundtrack. Good Feel always makes good music.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I want a Dark Samus alt for Sa-wait a minute...
This isn't Smash 3DS/Wii U anymore. lol

Dark Samus as an echo is actually a great addition. I'm curious about what kind of differences will she have relative to Samus but that will require close testing and experimenting around in training, especially in the fancy new training stage, which is one of the best additions to the game, even for a non-competitive player like me.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I still say the box theory is suggesting at least two more characters rather than two characters and nothing else.

Instead of considering the possibility that the boxart stops after Ken and Incineroar and doesn't list the rest of the roster, people would rather assume Verge's SE rep is DLC and speculate on who else is planned.
Who's to say that every character has to be on the box? Sakurai may have a few surprise characters saved for the end that he doesn't want to be shown on the box (in order to keep it a surprise for those who don't keep up with Smash news).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Who's to say that every character has to be on the box? Sakurai may have a few surprise characters saved for the end that he doesn't want to be shown on the box (in order to keep it a surprise for those who don't keep up with Smash news).
Sakurai has stated in the Smash Bros. Direct in August that all fighters will be announced before the game's release.

D

Deleted member

The name of he-who-must-not-be-named cannot be G iven t O you, due to the fact his name is forbidden from being spo K en around these parts. I'm sure yo U can understand that.
Why can't I talk about Son Wukong? He's a Nintendo character.

Goku.png

I'd gladly keep Woolly World in Smash if it means we get more of its soundtrack. Good Feel always makes good music.
The music is fine, I just can't stand the layout. There's really no reason for me to complain about one stage when I have over 100 others to play on though.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Dude...it's real. It's one thing to be skeptical but Source Gaming is 100% legit. It's real. You're overly cautious here lol.
Haruhi Suzumiya is right. But disregard the rest of the message, because I thought we were talking about the stages. My bad.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
EVERYONE LOOK AT THE THING I REMADE!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The Crafted Yoshi looks awesome, but a part of me will be extremely disappointed if they didn't include Yarn Yoshi too. Between the two, Yarn Yoshi looks more like an arts-and-crafts project. Crafted Yoshi looks like normal Yoshi with extra fuzz.

Giving Yoshi something other than a simple texture swap? Don't let game developers hear you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom