• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I realized that Sakurai said "All Fighters's design will be revealed before launch". And the fact that he say "design" instead of just "Fighters" make me think we might get a Season pass with like Characters Identity already revealed beforehand.
I mean...it is a weird choice of words, but who knows-.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd gladly keep Woolly World in Smash if it means we get more of its soundtrack. Good Feel always makes good music.
Seeing as the music is added on a by series basis now, I think the lack of a Woolly World stage isn't stopping more Woolly World music from making it into the game.

Zelda still has music from games such as Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds or Tri Force Heroes despite none of those games having a stage in Smash.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
No way!

I just saw that special video. If the new alt costumes are all true, and CoroCoro thing is linked with the costumes, does this means Sakurai never said the 103 would be the total stages? Does this mean we've been under the smokescreen the entire time?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This isn't Smash 3DS/Wii U anymore. lol

Dark Samus as an echo is actually a great addition. I'm curious about what kind of differences will she have relative to Samus but that will require close testing and experimenting around in training, especially in the fancy new training stage, which is one of the best additions to the game, even for a non-competitive player like me.
Dark Samus being included... I would have thought... would irritate me.
No, that is not what I experienced. In fact, the delivery of her reveal was so well crafted, down to the image of the three Samuses, Ridley, Metroid, and Mother Brain... that I can only clap. That image sealed the deal for me.
(Though Kraid in the background would have been even better... I'm not gonna take away from what it was).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I realized that Sakurai said "All Fighters's design will be revealed before launch". And the fact that he say "design" instead of just "Fighters" make me think we might get a Season pass with like Characters Identity already revealed beforehand.
Just means Sakurai tattooed Banjo & Kazooie on his arm and he'll reveal their design that way instead of a trailer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
i

Idk how people have this impression. Meta Knight is very good in smash 4 maybe because he's not broken anymore.
He still got nerfed extremely hard, at launch he was absolutely awful and had to get buffs later on to get him in line. Didn't help that his visual effects didn't match the hitboxes either.

I kinda hope they do the same with Bayonetta, it's better to nerf her too much to begin with and bring her back up again later, instead of having her be a problem again from day 1, she's gotten enough hate as is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, I think VeggieTale's source heard "crafted" and assumed Minecraft. It was Crafted Yoshi all along! Minecraft disconfirmed.

:4pacman:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
:ultbayonetta:: Bayo 3 (if it ever comes out)
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser/Wedding Bowser
:ultbowserjr:: Fine as is
:ultfalcon:: Project M costume
:ultcloud:: KH/Crossdress
:ultcorrin:: More colors
:ultdiddy:: Don't know enough about DK
:ultdk:: Don't know enough about DK
:ultdoc:: Fine as is
:ultduckhunt:: Golden lab alt.
:ultfalco:: Fine as is
:ultfox:: Marcus McCloud
:ultganondorf:: TP is boring, fine as is
:ultgreninja:: An actual shiny plz
:ulticeclimbers:: Fine as is
:ultike:: Fine as is
:ultinkling:: Also fine as is
:ultjigglypuff:: Green headband or riot
:ultkingdedede:: Masked Dedede is already FS so it's fine
:ultkrool:: Not enough info
:ultkirby:: Epic Yarn
:ultlink:: Fine as is
:ultlittlemac:: Fine as is
:ultlucario:: Actual shiny
:ultlucas:: Fine as is
:ultluigi:: Do we still have Fire Luigi? If not, Fire Luigi
:ultmario:: Fire Mario you cowards.
:ultmarth:: Saw someone say Toga Marth. This.
:ultlucina:: LET US KEEP THE MASK ON
:ultmegaman:: MM11 colors
:ultmetaknight:: DARK META KNIGHT
:ultmewtwo:: Actual shiny
:ultgnw:: Fine as is
:ultness:: Fine as is (but I want a Ninten echo)
:ultolimar:: Alph should be his own fighter so we get more back.
:ultpacman:: MS. PACMAN PLEASE!
:ultpalutena:: Idk. Fine as is.
:ultpeach:: Actual wedding dress
:ultdaisy:: Too little info.
:ultpichu:: Too little info.
:ultpikachu:: Fine as is (as long as Party Hat is back.)
:ultpit:: I miss the Cyan/Neon one.
:ultdarkpit:: Too little info.
:ultpokemontrainer:: Too little diversity between Squirtle alts.
:ultridley:: More Meta alts.
:ultrob:: Fine as is
:ultrobin: All I need is blue on male and yellow on female.
:ultrosalina:: I don't think a racer outfit would work
:ultroy:: Eliwood?
:ultchrom:: Too little info.
:ultryu:: BEARDED RYU
:ultsamus:: More suits
:ultdarksamus:: Too little info
:ultsheik:: HW I guess?
:ultshulk:: Fine as is
:ultsimon:: Red Haired Simon would be fine.
:ultrichter:: Idk enough.
:ultsnake:: BIG BOSS BIG BOSS BIG BOSS
:ultsonic:: Fine as is
:ulttoonlink:: That 1 blue outfit from PM. (Outset was it?)
:ultvillager:: Fine as is
:ultwario:: Fire Wario
:ultwiifittrainer:: Fine as is
:ultwolf:: Too little info. Starlink outfit plz
:ultyoshi:: Fine as is
:ultyounglink:: Too little info
:ultzelda:: Dont give TP back.
:ultzss:: Keep those bikini ones.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ok so who's left? Based off everything, the addition of new villains for a heros vs villains, light vs dark, Sun and Moon theme Im sticking with my picks!

69. Incineroar ( Pokemon newcomer )
70. Square rep is Geno
60e. Ken added as a echo

^ Based of Verge's claims, but I have a few more I think are all in too.

54e. Medusa ( echo to Palutena )
17e. Hilda ( echo to Zelda )
38e. Shadow ( echo to Sonic )
36e. Dixie ( echo to Diddy )
14e. Dry Bowser ( echo to Bowser with Melee Giga Bowser moveset )
71. Isaac ( Golden Sun newcomer )
71e. Felix ( echo to Isaac )
72. Mona ( Warioware newcomer )
73. Elma ( Xenoblade newcomer )
74. Rhythm Girl with Chorus Kids / Ringside Reporter with Wrestler ( Rhythm Heaven newcomer )

I believe all these characters are All In and will be seen before the game launches in December.

Chrono.

Man I hope so because the waiting game for season pass reveals is always so tiring.

Do what Capcom did for SFV season 3 and just reveal all of them and leave.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Guys, I think VeggieTale's source heard "crafted" and assumed Minecraft. It was Crafted Yoshi all along! Minecraft disconfirmed.

:4pacman:
I mentioned a few days ago that if Sakurai even touches Yoshi's Crafted World, Smash would be delayed until Winter 2019.

Apologies in advance.

Untouch

Smash Master
If SourceGaming has every character render so far, they have the power to deconfirm a lot of characters.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Ok so who's left? Based off everything, the addition of new villains for a heros vs villains, light vs dark, Sun and Moon theme Im sticking with my picks!

70. Square rep is Geno
60e. Ken added as a echo

74. Rhythm Girl with Chorus Kids / Ringside Reporter with Wrestler ( Rhythm Heaven newcomer )

I believe all these characters are All In and will be seen before the game launches in December.
Mona would be awesome, but I see Dixie Kong as more of a unique than an echo, after what we saw with Isabelle.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

70. Square rep is Geno
60e. Ken added as a echo

Expecting 13 more characters in 3 months? I want what you're having please.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seeing as the music is added on a by series basis now, I think the lack of a Woolly World stage isn't stopping more Woolly World music from making it into the game.

Zelda still has music from games such as Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds or Tri Force Heroes despite none of those games having a stage in Smash.
Well there goes the only potential new Yoshi's Island "rep" with Yarn Yoshi. And I was kinda looking forward to that one.

We need a new Direct already I feel. Just Isabelle after a huge blowout of 2 characters which where long requested by fans as King K.Rool and Simon Belmont, and other highly popular characters as Chrom and Dark Samus is just kind of... tame. We went from hot to luke warm real quick, and even cold if you don't feel much for Isabelle like I do.

Anyhow, I still hope for more semi-clone newcomers now that Isabelle is revealed to be such. I won't let no "leakers" spoil this. Dixie Kong becomes increasingly likely now, and I even have hope for a more unique Impa right now. By the way, am still hoping to see both characters this game, be it DLC or not.

I can't see it happen that Smash Ultimate will skip over a Zelda newcomer yet again, and even deny Dixie Kong who has all the makings to be a great addition. And like Toad, she's the only HUGE Nintendo icon left not included.. Toad is even still included in Peach and Daisy's movesets, so that's more than Dixie still.

It's a damn crime if Ken and Incineroar would be the only characters left honestly. And I simply won't believe it.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
If SourceGaming has every character render so far, they have the power to deconfirm a lot of characters.
Someone tell them to give us the final word on Box Theory so we can bury it next to the least loved cat from all those years ago.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Anyone who includes Ridley and Isabelle in the same fighting game is pretty much long gone. :psycho:
As funny as it would be to see Isabelle destroy Ridley (and vice versa), I think it would be equally funny to see them team up for a team battle. I can just imagine seeing them side by side on the victory screen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

70. Square rep is Geno
60e. Ken added as a echo

You would suggest Hilda as a Echo above Impa? That's a criminal offense my dude.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

70. Square rep is Geno
60e. Ken added as a echo

Imma be real with u chief

14e, 54e, 36e, 72, 74 ain't happening.

14e - Too much work.
54e - I think Sakurai believes KI is represented enough
36e - Should be a semiclone.
72 - Warioware is fine.
74 - Chorus Kids would be by themselves.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Could it be? Are we seeing the start of a slow trickle of new information? First 108 stages, now the sudden reveal of Craft Yoshi? Are we finally going to start getting semi-regular updates on things?

And it STILL isn't even from the Blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom