• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He's just showing other press images they got.
Ah gotcha. I was confused because I don't think anyone else has a good render for F-Corrin, M-Trainer, or Bayo 1, so I thought they were all supposed to be new.

Untouch

Smash Master
Looks like we WILL be getting Yarn Yoshi (or in this case, it looks closer to the felt Yoshi from Crafted World) but not as an echo like I had guessed.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Not hating if you like them, but to me Watch Mojo always felt soulless, like they're not fans of the content in the videos they make and they just parrot/copy other lists they find. There is never a surprise on any of their lists
Not a fan. Usually scroll past their videos unless it's an unique list or something.

Just happened to stumble upon this.

Chrono.

Ah gotcha. I was confused because I don't think anyone else has a good render for F-Corrin, M-Trainer, or Bayo 1, so I thought they were all supposed to be new.
Yeah looking at it now its funny Shulk is the only default render there lol.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
This was a big wish for alot of people, this goes back to my thoughts on what merits echo, and what merits alts? Like will ken be an alt skin, shadow? or zack for cloud?

since alph is a alt skin and now meta ridley

this opens up so many options

like alt skin captain k.rool could be a thing

D

Deleted member

This was a big wish for alot of people, this goes back to my thoughts on what merits echo, and what merits alts? Like will ken be an alt skin, shadow? or zack for cloud?

If you ask me, Alph should've been promoted to echo so that Olimar's cool black color from Brawl could return.

Pakky

Smash Hero

:ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultrosalina: racing outfits

osby

Smash Obsessed

I think they always go for echoes for different characters now and Alph is an exception due to Pikmin.

Captain K.Rool is extremely redundant though, since he already puts on his hat for his Blunderbuss.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You mean this?

Zinith Zinith look at ya boi
Well, Zinith Zinith picked a great time to go to bed. Congrats!

So, what are some crazy alts you'd like to see from your favorite characters? A dream one for mine, Pokemon Trainer, would be Ash, but that might be unlikely. Nothing comes to the top of my head, though, as a lot of my characters have a lot of interesting alts as it is.

D

Deleted member

I can't watch the video, what's this about a Yoshi costume and how did SourceGaming get this info?

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace

So, what are some crazy alts you'd like to see from your favorite characters? A dream one for mine, Pokemon Trainer, would be Ash, but that might be unlikely. Nothing comes to the top of my head, though, as a lot of my characters have a lot of interesting alts as it is.
SAMUS RETURNS :p

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's neat. Why's Shulk there though? Is there some minor difference in his render that I'm not seeing?
From what I recall, one character's render was left out of the E3 2018 press kit; I think it might have been Shulk's.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't watch the video, what's this about a Yoshi costume and how did SourceGaming get this info?
Yoshi got a Crafted World alt skin, and SourceGaming got it a while ago as part of a press kit and wasn't able to share it until now.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yoshi got a Crafted World alt skin, and SourceGaming got it a while ago as part of a press kit and wasn't able to share it until now.
We were waiting for the go-ahead from Nintendo :) We didn't want to break NDA.

D

Deleted member

I think they always go for echoes for different characters now and Alph is an exception due to Pikmin.

Captain K.Rool is extremely redundant though, since he already puts on his hat for his Blunderbuss.
But Kaptain K. Rool is a different character. According to the completely accurate Brawl trophy, he's King K. Rool's brother!

"His brother, Kaptain K. Rool, made an appearance in the game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest."

From what I recall, one character's render was left out of the E3 2018 press kit; I think it might have been Shulk's.
Can confirm that Shulk was absent from the E3 press kit. I think someone else may have been as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Some ideas for costumes:

SF Alpha Ryu or SFV Beard Ryu
Toga Marth (Don't deny me this Nintendo)
Classic non-Bearded MGS1 Snake or MGSV Ponytail Snake
SA-X for Dark Samus
Metal Sanic
Helmetless Captain Falcon from the anime
Golf Mario

:ultcloud: Lady Cloud
yes pls.

how will peach and the others even compete??????

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The box theory never had a shred of credence.

We got Isabelle announced. Then the art comes out. And we say the box art, excluding the most recent character, has all the characters on it.

There is no theory there. It is factually disproven.
Nobody said it had all the characters on it.

People are saying there is room left for two characters and two characters only, with one of them being an echo.

Some graphic designer got paid to make that design, and lined all the characters up in a very specific way. Why would he go through the effort to make that layout if it’s going to be worthless because there’ll just be three more character sticking off on the side? It just doesn’t make any sense.

Wanna make a wager in good fun, perhaps?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

Racing outfits for the Mario characters, mostly Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina. Daisy especially because her dress is easily the most bland outfit she’s ever worn in my opinion. Striker outfits are a dream.

I really hope Pichu has all his alts from melee at least. I want my blue goggles alt back. If he got a color that resembles Alolan-Raichu I’d be even more ecstatic. An unofficial Pichu Libre skin would be amazing but I doubt Gamefreak would allow it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I really hope Pichu has all his alts from melee at least. I want my blue goggles alt back.
Pikachu doesn't have them anymore. I have hope. Also since Wario Deluxe couldn't be Wario's final smash it should be a costume.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Looks like I was not the only one thinking of tagging Zinith Zinith by the reveal of the crafted Yoshi Render.
You really have become our mascot, boiii ~

The new Yoshi render looks amazing! Holy ****.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Racing outfits for the Mario characters, mostly Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina. Daisy especially because her dress is easily the most bland outfit she’s ever worn in my opinion. Striker outfits are a dream.
That would be the dream
I think the Mario characters should get sports outfits as alts tbh, it would be pretty great

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Er, not quite.
Disclaimer: I'm not on or against team Box, I'm just into speculation theory and thought experiments. If I had to pick a side, it'd be against, because it's the more exciting option.
There are two visibly empty spots and one theoretically empty spot around the other side. Nothing about the box's current presentation discredits it, really. There's room for Isabelle as well as an echo and a unique.
The promotional material was made and sent before Isabelle's announcement and only shows that this isn't the final product, not that the design principle or theory that everyone's been talking about is outright wrong.
There's nothing right now that proves either way. Only way we can know for sure is to wait.

Which is why we should go back to speculating about more exciting things cause this ain't it chief
As far as I understand the box art theory, it is that we have two characters left because of the spaces.
And that discredits that one of the spaces would inherently be isabelle, whom we just got.

Nevermind the fact that the 'box art theory' implies that the current art, which features Ice Climbers and Peach, more than the Mario, Zelda, and Pikachu...

If you think Nintendo wants to market Ice Climbers more than Mario or Pikachu, I can consider that a point of view, even if it doesnt make sense for any monetary reason. The box art theory, as far as anyone has yet to explain it in my research, defies absolutely all facts. I understand this community wants to look at any reason to short circuit, but this one just isnt logical .

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Multiple different Samus suits would make me happy. She has such a variety.

I’d also love an Ocarina Link, but seeing as he has the remote bombs, Sakurai would probably deem that not true to the character. That’s probably why we have the Tunic of the Wild instead of a green tunic people actually like.

Zelda can get her Skyward Sword design. Unlike her Ocarina and TP designs, I think the SS one would still match the bubbly personality in her animations.

Ganondorf can get his TP costume pretty easily, even though I still deem his Ocarin better.

I might just make a list of every alternate costume I think could be in...

osby

Smash Obsessed
That would be the dream
I think the Mario characters should get sports outfits as alts tbh, it would be pretty great
You can't give girls their sports outfits, they use their dresses for certain attacks.

Btw, it's nice Zinith Zinith got an alt, but it may be come at the expanse of one of the previous colours.

Chrono.

Some ideas for costumes:

SF Alpha Ryu or SFV Beard Ryu
Toga Marth (Don't deny me this Nintendo)
Classic non-Bearded MGS1 Snake or MGSV Ponytail Snake
SA-X for Dark Samus
Metal Sanic
Helmetless Captain Falcon from the anime
Golf Mario

yes pls.

how will peach and the others even compete??????
Metal Sonic is pretty impossible due to proportion issues.

Unless we're talking the metallic Sonic alt he had in Heroes.

Team_metal_sonic.jpg

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I still can’t believe a box ruined Smash Bros.
Of all things to completely kill hype for a game, it was a box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom