• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
My response may have been a bit extreme...
but you said he was Ridley 2.0, and that carries quite a heavy weight.
Well like I said, that wasn't my intention. I am aware of the vast difference in fan requests between the two. I simply compared the two in both being characters I wanted that were made bosses instead.

And besides, the other dude compared Waluigi to Skull Kid, and I don't think Skull Kid reaches the Waluigi hype either.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So does anyone think Squad Strike should be a cool tournament event? Or side event, I think it'd be really awesome if we started having King of Fighters like tournaments.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
If we do get 3 new characters then we get 12 new commers that is a reference to 12 characters in Smash 64.

I’m counting Echoes together.

kylexv

Smash Master
To me, the roster felt complete with everyone coming back and :ultridley: and :ultkrool: finally being in.
Anything else is basically icing on the cake. Although my most wanted are:

• Geno
  • Bandanna Dee
  • Skull Kid
  • Shadow
Hoping at least a couple of these guys show up as DLC, but hey, the roster's already a 10/10 in my book.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, I'm not saying he's out there, I'm saying that if he is an echo, it's really weird that they were keeping just one left to show off. Makes me think there might be one more with him. Maybe Medusa or Shadow? I could see those two being base roster.
Your reasoning makes sense.

Although given Sakurai's favoritism, I could easily see him have Medusa be mostly unique with a few moves Palu no longer uses.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Your reasoning makes sense.

Although given Sakurai's favoritism, I could easily see him have Medusa be mostly unique with a few moves Palu no longer uses.
Sakurai gives Medusa a bunch of the old Palutena custom moves that were scrapped. It's an idea I've had for a while now. This plus her voice actress being so mysterious on twitter makes me a bit suspicious of her.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Base Roster
Incineroar
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Geno
Banjo
Tails

Echo's
Shadow
Ken
Felix
Black Knight

DLC
Leon S Kennedy
Sora
Rayman
Travis Touchdown
Tracer
Edgelord
Rex
Dixie Kong
Skull Kid
Bandana Dee

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Base Roster
Incineroar
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Geno
Banjo
Tails

Echo's
Shadow
Ken
Felix
Black Knight

DLC
Leon S Kennedy
Sora
Rayman
Travis Touchdown
Tracer
Edgelord
Rex
Dixie Kong
Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
I swear Edelgard is never escaping that nickname...

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I honestly wouldn't rule out a Smash Direct in October. It'd make a bi-monthly pattern. I fully expect it to be in November, however.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
"This Wednesday"

"October 10th"

Is this a time traveler?
Caught them in the act of time traveling, the Nintendo police will see to their imprisonment obviously :p

Reminds me when I accidentally signed off on all the weeks worth of cleaning in the Kitchen I worked in, on what was effectively my Monday.

My Boss comes in and was like "how do I know you'll do all these" and I just waved my hands like "i'm from the future" he laughed and I didn't have to fix it.

LetterO

Smash Lord
So read back on Sakurai's Famitsu Column on Music and litteraly the first thing he says is

"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate features over 800 songs throughout its stages and over 900 songs in total. We’re still making a few adjustments, so the final count may change, but it’s still an incredible amount of music!"

This was posted on Sept 2nd. This just gave me some hope that maybe another franchise could be represented. My last post about my music track findings made me kind of sad, but seeing that...feels good right about now.
Hopefully Rhythm Heaven, and hopefully it gets the Castlevania treatment.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Know what would be a cool Smash character?
A final fantasy summoner.
Maybe Garnet(Dagger) or Yuna.
It would be like Pokémon Trainer, but you play as summons instead.

Ifrit, Shiva and Bahamut.

I feel Yuna would make the most sense since you could actually play as the three summons listed in FFX. They were also not so enourmous in X.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If anything we'd get Diablo since Blizzard says they want him in Smash.
To be fair, third parties generally don't get to pick Smash characters. Sakurai asks for a character, and that's the impetus for a third party character being chosen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only exception was Snake, and that was a limited case scenario where Sakurai was helping out a friend. Of course it should be noted, nobody knows what actually happens behind those closed doors, except when it's very briefly mentioned by Sakurai.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I kinda like this idea. Never mind Dracula, we'd get to fight the frigging DEVIL.

Also, it would make up for Card Sagas War trying to do the same with him.
As much as I like the Diablo series, I'd really hope we'd get a Starcraft character from Blizzard.

Jim Raynor or Zeratul. Although Kerrigan is also a really good choice.

Fun fact for those of you who play Starcraft and FE Heroes both (weird duo I know). Jim Raynor shares a VA with the Black Knight they cast in Heroes

Robert Clotworthy.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As much as I like the Diablo series, I'd really hope we'd get a Starcraft character from Blizzard.

Jim Raynor or Zeratul. Although Kerrigan is also a really good choice.
I would go for a Lost Vikings character myself.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to have all three of the vikings function like in their games, but Erik and Baelog seem the most combat-ready.

https://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-direct-on-october-10th-2018.458546/

Also I'm not trusting it but at the small chance its true I just thought it'd be interesting to bring up.
Honestly, I have an easier time trusting this than the monday leak. It would match the pattern of early month Direct announcements.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I would go for a Lost Vikings character myself.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to have all three of the vikings function like in their games, but Erik and Baelog seem the most combat-ready.
Good to see i'm not the only one who remembers the Vikings.

Our first triple character, the ICs would be jealous.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Good to see i'm not the only one who remembers the Vikings.

Our first triple character, the ICs would be jealous.
This is why I feel like Chorus kids would be cool. Make them Ice-climbers (3 characters) and game and watch. Would be super fun to use I'd figure.

Chrono.

Does Roll even have a buster in anything besides the PSP remake of MM1?
In Marvel vs Capcom she was a 1:1 clone of Mega Man.

The only difference is that she was ridiculously small and was way weaker. She was pretty much that game's Pichu.

However, she was made completely unique in a later crossover. Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom