• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Not gonna lie, the whole "Minecraft content" tidbit has always confused me.
If they managed to strike a deal with freakin' Microsoft...why would they throw in some MC content, but not a playable character, including Banjo?
If Microsoft said "Yeah, you can use Minecraft, no we don't want you to use Banjo."

Same reason Sakurai wouldn't be allowed to make Geno playable, more or less.

Companies want to be promoted with their best foot forward. BK is in a K.Rool situation, but 3rd party, so it's really ****ing awkward.

Roberk

Smash Champion
My hope for a Shadows of Valentia stage lives on!
Duma's Tower... as a vertical climbing stage.

That reminds me, I've got a really good Team Lora moveset cooking up. Is there a Lora support thread (for DLC, I guess)? I only saw Jin.
I really hope that Sakurai is based enough to compare Lora and Rex as protagonists somewhat equal in significance and add the better of the two. Hopefully, he plays Torna before the production of DLC.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Is Dixie popular?
I'd say so, there aren't many characters who are above her in terms of popularity now that K Rool and Ridley are in. I mean there's Geno, Isaac and Bandana Dee, possibly a few more like Banjo, Rayman, Shovel Knight etc. Honestly though, Dixie's popularity is one of the hardest to place.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, the whole "Minecraft content" tidbit has always confused me.
If they managed to strike a deal with freakin' Microsoft...why would they throw in some MC content, but not a playable character, including Banjo?
The implication to me would be that if they did have Minecraft content in the game then they definitely talked about a character. The two options are that there is one and it just hasn't leaked or they couldn't come to a deal when it came to who and how.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm gonna pop on my good ol' tinfoil hat long enough to share a thought I have. I think it's likely that Isabelle was planned to be an echo fighter, but ended up being tweaked more than they expected, and was thus made her own fighter. I think this for a few reasons.
Echo fighters clearly aren't ballot picks, and Isabelle doesn't seem like she would have done well on the ballot.
Every non-echo aside from her were very likely to have done amazingly on the ballot.
Verge's sources couldn't agree on whether Isabelle was unique or an echo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys I think one of my followers found something really interesting...

Guess what file actually exists?

https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/logo/f-zero_black_en.png

He's at least in boys
There's no ****ing way this adds up.
I'm not saying that insultingly, but if that actually proved water on every series, I would lose my **** over how simple that was.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Though, I do agree heartily with Vaanrose on this point.

We're assuming that CoroCoro staff knows 108 stages when the rest of the world is only privy to 103.

But we don't want to assume people that designed the box and put the characters in a certain pattern know the roster number.

One is a speculation of more, which means more, unknown stuff.

While the other is a speculation of less, which means less unknown stuff.

Sounds like people just like to aim high and not think worst case scenario.
ALRIGHT EVERYONE! IT'S TIME FOR THE WORD OF THE DAY!

The word of the day is: confirmation bias!

con·fir·ma·tion bi·as
noun

1. the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.
Can someone give me an example of confirmation bias?

"People on Smashboards believing the Corocoro leak over the Box Theory?"

Very good Jimmy! You get a gold star! :120:

Being serious, vaanrose vaanrose and Shroob Shroob are right. We ought to weigh both equally right now, as much as we might not want to.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

He's at least in boys
What other series fit this trend?

Shroob

Sup?

He's at least in boys
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but wasn't this brought up a few weeks back?

And Wii-Fit, Ice Climbers, ROB and G&W also had this in their files?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

He's at least in boys
No way... no way it's that easy... no... way... No. Like, I'd love Black Shadow since he'd probably be Melee Ganondorf but NO WAY is it that simple... I'm in disbelief.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
There's no ****ing way this adds up.
I'm not saying that insultingly, but if that actually proved water on every series, I would lose my **** over how simple that was.
It's kinda falty since also _black_ variants of the Wii Fit and Rob logo exists... unless if we're going to get some wild ass Echos or even Matt the Mii as an actualy character.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm gonna pop on my good ol' tinfoil hat long enough to share a thought I have. I think it's likely that Isabelle was planned to be an echo fighter, but ended up being tweaked more than they expected, and was thus made her own fighter. I think this for a few reasons.
Echo fighters clearly aren't ballot picks, and Isabelle doesn't seem like she would have done well on the ballot.
Every non-echo aside from her were very likely to have done amazingly on the ballot.
Verge's sources couldn't agree on whether Isabelle was unique or an echo.
Honestly, while the ballot definitely played a factor in character choices, I don't think it was the only one. The facts are that Isabelle is the face of the animal crossing series rn and nintendo is pushing her HARD, it makes sense that she'd get in regardless.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's kinda falty since also _black_ variants of the Wii Fit and Rob logo exists... unless if we're going to get some wild *** Echos or even Matt the Mii as an actualy character.
I have heard this theory before

Because of ROB I rejected it without another thought

Shroob

Sup?
Wii-Fit, Ice Climbers, ROB and Game and Watch have the same _black_ files.

It means literally nothing unless you believe those 4 series are also getting new characters too.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
No way... no way it's that easy... no... way... No. Like, I'd love Black Shadow since he'd probably be Melee Ganondorf but NO WAY is it that simple... I'm in disbelief.
this theory have been brought up before.... teh problem is, is that you believe it 100% it means that ROB franchise will have another character ._.

That being said.... maybe Ancient minister as an echo....

but yeahhh....

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I'd say so, there aren't many characters who are above her in terms of popularity now that K Rool and Ridley are in. I mean there's Geno, Isaac and Bandana Dee, possibly a few more like Banjo, Rayman, Shovel Knight etc. Honestly though, Dixie's popularity is one of the hardest to place.
Eh I think Dixie is pretty much one of the most popular in a broader sense. She's not in the Smash scene/speculation scene specifically, but among casual gamers I would say she is more recognizable at the very least than either Geno or Isaac, two of her main competitors here. And i say that as a huge Isaac fan. But realistically he is a bit of a who for people outside this particular scene.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
5 stages?
  • Training Mode
  • Medium Battlefield
  • PokeFloats but it's just Buzzwole
  • Fire Emblem Fates Continent
  • The Graveyard of Miiverse
In all seriousness I think the Training Stage could be counted here.
I could've sworn that the Training Stage is only specific to Training Mode, given that's what Sakurai said.
Then again, it could be counted on the site and I just don't actually know.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wii-Fit, Ice Climbers, ROB and Game and Watch have the same _black_ files.

It means literally nothing unless you believe those 4 series are also getting new characters too.
Watch out lads...

POLAR BEAR!
CHILLS OUT!

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

He's at least in boys
Wii fit? R.O.B? yeah I don't buy this, chances are it doesn't mean anything

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Dixie will probaly Be a echo fighter damn That kinda of Funny Isabelle is a unique Chracther and everyone thought she would be an echo wow

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also wanting to call Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei if the box theory is dead.

here's a friendly
:127:get ****in rekt bruv:214:
no harm no foul tho
Hey, I want to be wrong. I'll have more to say later.

That said, I think we've developed a grudge of sorts...

Shall we jump in the trash together and forget the whole thing?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Eh I think Dixie is pretty much one of the most popular in a broader sense. She's not in the Smash scene/speculation scene specifically, but among casual gamers I would say she is more recognizable at the very least than either Geno or Isaac, two of her main competitors here. And i say that as a huge Isaac fan. But realistically he is a bit of a who for people outside this particular scene.
While that's true the same could be said about K Rool, the hardcore fanbase was probably the majority of voters in the ballot

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I'll laugh if the 5 stages are:
Minecraft
Monster Hunter
Gen 7 Pokemon
Another Street Fighter
Another AC stage

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Dixie will probaly Be a echo fighter damn That kinda of Funny Isabelle is a unique Chracther and everyone thought she would be an echo wow
I wouldn't count Dixie out as a potential semi clone at this point. In fact I'd wager it's pretty likely personally.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

He's at least in boys

So...we’re getiin a second Wii Fit fighter then.

Balance Board was already deconfirmed which blows cause I was looking forward to main it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
5 new stages without any of those being from new series? Or just the stages? I dunno. That seems pretty unlikely.

I think it's more likely that we get like 2-3 new characters WITH stages and then the rest be just the stages. I don't see it being 5 stages and no characters with them. Seems odd.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
But it would still have to be selectable somehow in training mode, right?
I am only assuming, but I would think it would just be a toggle that turns the grid and trajectory lines on or it’s the default stageZ

I also completely forgot if we choose stages for training mode. I just remembered it defaulting to Final Destination every time. It’s been a while now that I’m thinking about it.

No reason to believe it needs to be that way, in hindsight.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Professors Hector and Vector and smicks are from the ROB games

I guess it's "possible" one of them could get in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom