• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
It is impressive all the Square Enix support on Nintendo Switch. And all of this is because of the sucess of Bravely Default

If we do not get BD content on smash, I would be really surprise

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think Lara Croft would please everyone (IE: most people). I think a beloved 3rd Party like Sora, Geno, or Banjo or Isaac would do that.
Shadow is most likely an Echo, so he wouldn't be character 69.
Many thought Isabelle would be an echo and look how that turned out...and most wouldn’t be mad at a gaming icon (who’s definitely more beloved+well known than those whom you named) joining Smash

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Imagine If Smash only had 12 Characters and each character had to have Debuted in a Different month from each other... I think that It would probably look like this...

January:ulticeclimbers:
February:ultpikachu:
March:ultdarkpit: (I really couldn't find anything for March... This is the Best y'all are gonna get)
April:ultmarth:
May:ultinkling:
June:ultsonic: (I stuck with a One Third Party Character rule and Sonic Fits Smash the best.)
July :ultmario:
August:ultsamus:
September:ultbowser:
October:ultolimar:
November :ultyounglink: (this is kinda a cheat, But hey, Ocarina of Time is the most well known Zelda game sooo...)
December:ultwiifittrainer:
Binding Blade was released in March.
IMO, I'd replace Dark Pit with Roy, then replace Marth with Kirby.

Roy may not be as important to Fire Emblem as Marth, and I know I'd be sacrificing Kid Icarus entirely, but IMO, a Smash roster without Kirby just feels wrong.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Jfc I can't wait until next (and probably last before launch) Smash Direct, that thing is gonna be so dope and hype.
Also, before anyone jumps on me, I don't mean it in the "omg the drought is killing me" way, but more like "omg I'm so excited in anticipation" lmao.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Dunno about anyone else, but this poster looks equally complete and unfinished at the same time, and I love it. They way they simply just add characters and change it up leads me to believe there's plenty more to expect. Just a personal feeling though.

Additionally, the left side of the poster clearly has less characters than the right, not sure if thats currently on purpose at this moment in time.

Its funny though, who is Daisy butt bumping? Who is Villager catching (Skull Kid's fairies lol)? While many characters aren't interacting, some possibly are. Just food for thought.
Ness and Young link are scarily close to each other and there is like enough space there to move them a bit to the left or something and then put skull kid to the right of young link… damn

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I kind of really hope Isabelle ends up being high tier...just for the lulz
From the looks of it, she seems to be. She won't be worse than Villager I feel. Pocket is a seriously overpowered neutral Special. She probably got great recovery like him as well. A grab that goes half the stage distance or so. She seems pretty ridiculous at the moment.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Incineroar, Geno, and Banjo-Kazooie.
Ken, Shadow, and Dixie Kong.

Can’t wait to be proven wrong next month when Master Chief is announced.
Seriously how is master chief possible.

There’s no game ever made on Nintendo systems that disqualifies him automatically from one of Sakurai rules they must have a game on any Nintendo system made.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
If it’s 84 characters total for Smashdown these are my predictions atm:

69 Incineroar
70 Geno
71 Skull Kid
72 Bandana Waddle Dee
73 Elma
74 Isaac

Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo)
Shadow (Sonic Echo)
Impa (Sheik Echo)
Ken (Ryu Echo)

DLC:
Springman
Rex & Pyra
Banjo Kazooie
Rayman
Tails
Shantae

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There is a difference between seeing Arwings, in which you do not see any characters face and only infer who they are, and seeing full-out Protoman
That's true. But I'm not expecting it to have much of a chance.

Nothing wrong with keeping the dream alive though.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Why? Isabelle literally maintained the Mii Costume / AT missing becoming playable pattern so far. Skull kid is part of the group of Mii costumes / ATs missing. If anything his chances are just as higher as ever. I honestly don't get why people are losing hope if nothing is pointing to the wrong direction, we still have reveals to come and it can perfectly happen still.
Technically Skull Kid wasnt a full fledge costume, it was just majoras mask.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Really, no Echoes being announced alongside Isabelle was kind of a let down. When Tom Nook came after her reveal, I was almost thinking for a moment that Tom Nook was going to be her Echo. But no.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Really, no Echoes being announced alongside Isabelle was kind of a let down. When Tom Nook came after her reveal, I was almost thinking for a moment that Tom Nook was going to be her Echo. But no.
To be fair Tom Nook is in TWO Final Smashes now, no way he’s gonna be playable after that fact

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I think a lot of people are sleeping on a Rhythm Heaven character for Ultimate. After all, the Ice Climbers were practically playable before getting scrapped. And the datamine and other aspects leads credence to the idea that they were almost implemented.
Also, Bowser Jr. was lucky to make it on the roster for Smash 4. But I'm willing to bet if he didn't make it in that time, he definitely would've been a newcomer for Ultimate.

I mean after all, they are largely using the framework and data from 4 for Ultimate. I don't think it's out of the question for them to implement them in this game.

As for other newcomers, I'm leaning on Elma, Ken, and maybe Tails. Not to mention a possible SE rep and Pokémon like Verge said, but those are too vague to accurately denote in my opinion.
The question I have for the Ken and Tails is if they're going to be considered echoes or unique characters roster wise?
Like I thought Isabelle would fit under the Echo description given all clones seemed to be noted as that, but that's not really the case anymore.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If there's DLC for this game, which I assume will happen when it's fisnished. I hope we get another Ballot. I want more hype and salt. And you know some people will have the saltiest runbacks.

To be fair Tom Nook is in TWO Final Smashes now, no way he’s gonna be playable after that fact
Sure, if only because Nook is nice enough to hide his true power level.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
It could be any combination that adds up to 10, too, like for example, 7 more uniques and 3 more echoes.

My guesses (again lmao):
69. Elma
70. Waddle Dee
71. Heihachi
72. Lloyd
73. Chorus Kids or Isaac
74. Gen 7 Pokémon (either Incineroar or Buzzwole)
75. Square Enix character (hoping it’s Neku if the Dante leak is true)
76. Dante
8 uniques

Echoes:
60e. Ken
11e. Black Shadow
2 echoes

8 uniques + 2 echoes = 10 total. And yes it’s more likely we’ll have more echoes than uniques but lemme dream :c
My guesses:
69. Incineroar ( Pokemon )
70. Isaac ( Golden Sun )
71. Skull Kid ( Zelda )
72. Mona ( Warioware )
73. Emma ( Xenoblade )
74. Heihachi ( Tekken / Bandai Namco )
75. Geno ( Mario RPG / Square )
76. Bandana Waddle Dee ( Kirby )

Echoes:
54e. Medusa ( echo to Palutena )
17e. Hilda ( echo to Zelda )
60e. Ken ( echo to Ryu )
14e. Dry Bowser ( echo to Bowser )
36e. Dixie ( echo to Diddy )
38e. Shadow ( echo to Sonic )
61e. Zack Fair ( echo to Cloud )
70e. Felix ( echo to Isaac when added )

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Oh boy. You should. I just looked. It is so salty there, I was drowning. So many angry children. I am upset to an extent, but that is taking it to a whole new level. And even then, I am liking her more and more with each viewing and look. She was not the character I wanted, but she is one that we needed.
Can I get a link please?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I kind of wish there is a second Animal Crossing AT, and if I had to choose, it would be what I consider one of the greatest and most iconic characters in the series: KK Slider.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
At this point, I'm feeling pretty confident Dillon won't be playable. Every character revealed so far has been one people seriously wanted (Ridley, K.Rool) is widely recognized (Simon), or both (Inking, Isabelle). Dillon is neither of those things. He's from a niche, budget 3DS title and a lot of the people who do know him only do because of his assist trophy.
From the looks of it, she seems to be. She won't be worse than Villager I feel. Pocket is a seriously overpowered neutral Special. She probably got great recovery like him as well. A grab that goes half the stage distance or so. She seems pretty ridiculous at the moment.
Pocket is a powerful special, but it's only useful in certain matchups. The main reason Villager is good is because of his amazing zoning tools, and his neutral special is just icing on the cake. Also that command grab seems kind of slow. Neither of those things will guarantee that she'll be good. We'll have to wait and see.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
yeah but that doesn't change anything lol, still a mii costume and definitely a full character AT that is still missing.
Except, it does, because the Majora's Mask is a prominent item in Zelda myth by itself and surpasses the iconicness of Skull Kid himself.
There's a lot of arguments you can use for Skull Kid. Let's not use this item being a Mii head-not even a costume-as one of them.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I don't think Lara Croft would please everyone (IE: most people). I think a beloved 3rd Party like Sora, Geno, or Banjo or Isaac would do that.
Shadow is most likely an Echo, so he wouldn't be character 69.
Lara Croft is literally an icon of video games and one of the most prominent and iconic female characters.
The only characters that you'd mention that would maybe please more people is Sora and Banjo given they may hold similar, if not slightly less, weight.
Like Geno and Isaac are completely dwarfed by her status and are completely unrecognizable to most people unlike her.

Last edited:

PK Bash

Smash Apprentice
I can't imagine for a minute that they'll have Sonic as a playable character, Knuckles as an Assist Trophy and no sign of Tails at all.

If playable, he'd probably share Homing Attack, Spin Dash and/or Spin Charge with Sonic but I can see the rest of his moveset being unique (bar a few random things like ledge attack which they would probably reuse). His Up B is obvious (and could maybe be repurposed for Dixie or Rayman too?), his jab would be two kicks (Sonic the Fighters move, you can pull a few moves from here) and a tail slap, and you can see his tails being used for other aerials or tilts as well to distinguish him from Sonic more and establish his own personality.
Don't really know what kind of playstyle they'd go for with him, but that might have an effect on his specials obviously. Or give him multiple jumps (and good aerials) to make him more aerially focused than Sonic.

Oh and can his dash animation be him hovering across the floor? Please?

--
For those of you talking about Smashdown and inferring that there will be 84 characters because of that mode, just keep in mind that DLC will likely be a thing and there not going to release something ridiculous like 10 DLC characters at once just for the sake of Smashdown.
I suspect that mode has a workaround for there being not enough characters for the final round, probably something as simple as letting two players pick the same character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Except, it does, because the Majora's Mask is a prominent item in Zelda myth by itself and surpasses the iconicness of Skull Kid himself.
There's a lot of arguments you can use for Skull Kid. Let's not use this item being a Mii head-not even a costume-as one of them.
Skull Kid is iconic, though, for being the one who wears the mask.

He's even the special figure Nintendo released with Majora's Mask 3D, and there's no personality without Skull Kid.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
real talk: I would also be okay with the Majora's Mask being an item
I was about to say that. What if instead of getting Skull Kid we get Majora's Mask as an item and it provides some kind of magical attribute of some sort. Just imagine every character wearing the mask :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom