• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Some guy on the comments of a fake 4chan leak two days ago said that Isabelle would be revealed in the direct.
He also said that Incineroar, Ken, and Dante were in and that Geno and Skull Kid are not in. Dante is to be revealed in November apparently.
Probably just a lucky guess, but here it is:
I find it hard to believe that Dante would make it in before Geno, but you never know.
It likely IS a lucky guess, but...that's a pretty cool guess.

Untouch

Smash Master
We're going to have to wait all the way until the end of November for the Dante "leak" to die off, that's the real bad news.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's all good. The speculation scene is as alive as ever, if not more so now. The ramifications of Isabelle's inclusion as a unique fighter are quite large, which is honestly exciting.

Also, I updated my prediction roster:
Ultimate + Predictions + DLC Roster.png

How reveals go down is as such:
  • Incineroar in a Pokémon Nintendo Direct for Lets Go
  • Lloyd and Erdrick at TGS behind closed doors, then as a general trailer shortly after
  • Tails and Shadow in an October livestream trailer
  • Chorus Kids at the beginning of a November Smash Bros. Direct, Ken and Dixie in the middle as echoes, Dante at the end, and Banjo as the closer.
The picks below the roster are potential DLC. Isaac, Rex & Pyra, Geno, Sora, or Rayman would be the first DLC character.

P.S. the most recent Dante leak likely isn't a lucky guess. I'm not willing to bet anything on it, but I will assert that until Dante is revealed.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Some guy on the comments of a fake 4chan leak two days ago said that Isabelle would be revealed in the direct.
He also said that Incineroar, Ken, and Dante were in and that Geno and Skull Kid are not in. Dante is to be revealed in November apparently.
Probably just a lucky guess, but here it is:
If Geno doesn't get in at this point i'll be incredibly surprised and incredibly disappointed.

I'm gonna say this is a lucky guess, but mostly to protect my heart.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I just wish that we got remasters of the other "New" games as well. All of those in one neat "New! Super Mario Bros. All-Stars" would've been great. Nintendo's just going the bare minimum by porting a game that was already HD.

Ultimate's been looking really nice but the rest of the Direct (ex: Online service) reminded me of the more disappointing side of Nintendo.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think Verge said Skull Kid as well no?

And he's been pretty on point so far.
Verge has never mentioned Skull Kid. Only Ridley, Simon, Isabelle, An Gen 7 Pokemon, Ken, A Square Enix Character, and Some Minecraft Representation. But No Skull Kid.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The second what lol
We had that first leak earlier in the summer that had all of the DMC V info in it that had everything right to the letter. It also said Dante was coming to Smash.

Then we had one from Tuesday that said Isabelle was going to be the only newcomer shown in the direct today, which makes it the only non-Vergeben leak with Isabelle to not say she's an echo fighter. It also said Dante was coming.

These are the only two leaks left according to my research.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's all good. The speculation scene is as alive as ever, if not more so now. The ramifications of Isabelle's inclusion as a unique fighter are quite large, which is honestly exciting.

Also, I updated my prediction roster:
View attachment 164046

How reveals go down is as such:
  • Lloyd and Erdrick at TGS behind closed doors, then as a general trailer shortly after
  • Chorus Kids at the beginning of a November Smash Bros. Direct, Ken and Dixie in the middle as echoes, Dante at the end, and Banjo as the closer.
The picks below the roster are potential DLC. Isaac, Rex & Pyra, Geno, Sora, or Rayman would be the first DLC character.
Umm... they wouldn’t show a Smash reveal during a pokemon based direct.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, so who's ready for Team: Escape Assist Trophy Hell?

:ultlittlemac::ultdarksamus::ultpokemontrainer:(Charizard), :ultisabelle:.

I hope Isaac is a part of that.

Putting that one emote in before it starts working for real.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"Lucky" isn't being the only person to predict Isabelle being revealed in a Direct that was delayed. Especially when people though she would be an echo and wouldn't even get a trailer.

"Lucky" would have been Mimique being correct, or us getting Isaac, Incineroar, or Skull Kid like we thought we were.
Except, he wasn’t the only person. Hell, I’m sure I could search through the Isabelle thread right now and find someone who said that exact same thing. I guess that would make that persons word from now on gospel wouldn’t it? Seriously, until we know more it’s incredibly easy for him to just have gotten lucky.

She shares a dash attack, her Up B functions mostly the same, she has a Lloid even if it works differently, she has Pocket, shares the bug net grab (and thus likely throws), and has his Final Smash. Semi-clone.
If we’re going by this logic then Shulk is an easy Semi clone of Ike. Near exact same jab, similar dash attack, same grab, similar throws, a similar up special,and a down b counter. Similarities can go a long way when there’s nearly 80 characters.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, so who's ready for Team: Escape Assist Trophy Hell?

:ultlittlemac::ultdarksamus::ultpokemontrainer:(Charizard), :ultisabelle:.

I hope Isaac is a part of that.

Putting that one emote in before it starts working for real.
I don't think Pokemon Trainer was an assist dude

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If you said this before the 8/8 direct I probably would have partly agreed with you. Ridley, Snake and Simon weren't obvious, but at least two of them were popular predictions. But his track record so far has been too good to be just a fluke. Almost everything he's said has been confirmed.

Although I do find his weirdly unspecific Enix and Pokemon predictions a little suspicious, I'm really doubting that he "just got lucky" at this point.
He also missed Richter. Not saying he’s not right, but he’s not the limit of all there is.

Plus we all know character dlc is happening.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Remember when people though chorus kid would be a shoe in for smash 4 it could be the same For Shadow im just saying Shadow fans your celebrate to early

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really thought our days of "Wolf is a clone" were behind us.

I guess Samus / Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff are clone characters to.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I mean, if we're willing to humor things like the chair and Rathalos picture=Golden Sun theory, it's completely fair to humor a rumor that got Isabelle being showcased in the direct right, especially in a speculation period that heavily believed she was an Echo (which traditionally don't get trailers).

Chrono.

So, not that I think it has too much going for it, do you guys think that some other Mii costumed characters are getting in?
I see it being brought up again on Twitter and there is some merit behind it. So might as well see some responses on here.

also to all y'all who lean on this for speculation and then say SHADOW is getting in, I can't take you seriously
I think Lloyd has a pretty good shot as far as Mii Costumes getting upgraded go.

Not only has he had the popularity behind him since pre-Brawl, but we got the Mii Costume post Ballot and the character itself has remained relevant.

Everyone's expecting Heihachi to be Namco's second, I'm expecting Lloyd.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, even though nothing seems to suggest it, I think most people are going to say Bandanna Dee is incredibly unlikely now.
They’re already doing it with Elma, Chorus Kids, and anyone that isn’t a Gen7/Ken/anyone still surviving leakswise. At least Skull Kid is basically out of the running now

I just wish one of these two would happen:
1. Verg somehow finds out about more characters
2. A surprise reveal happens that isn’t one of the commonly leaked characters

I guess I’m starting to get pessimistic now despite said characters not being deconfirmed and DLC being an almost definite possibility...

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno, that leak is really conflicting for me.

On the one hand, it says Incineroar is in. Great! He's one of my two most wanteds! (use to be three, yay Isabelle!).

On the other hand, it says no Geno. Crap! He's one of my two most wanteds!

It's really pulling me in two directions.

blackghost

Smash Champion

Also the most recent Dante leak likely isn't a lucky guess. I'm not willing to bet anything on it, but I will assert that until Dante is revealed.
your roster picks are really good imo. but not sure about being so sure on banjo. geno as dlc doesnt make much sense to me either. Geno either needs ot be in the base roster or he is SOL. dlc characters will need to draw in a larger audience and have an impact to people that like smash but dont live by it, dont think he qualifies. so i'd change your dlc lineup a bit
1. id shift issac to launch roster or have him be teased before the game launches.
2. id remove banjo entirely.
3. i'd add sepiroth to be the last dlc character of season 1.
4. sora is a giant question mark.

If the game that gives my bayonetta vs ddante is smash i will never stop playing this game.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Remember when people though chorus kid would be a shoe in for smash 4 it could be the same For Shadow im just saying Shadow fans your celebrate to early
Chorus kids was due to a leak, which turned out to be likely someone getting very early or flawed info on the roster.

Shadow has no leaks people just think he's likely cause.... echos

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They’re already doing it with Elma, Chorus Kids, and anyone that isn’t a Gen7/Ken/anyone still surviving leakswise. At least Skull Kid is basically out of the running now

I just wish one of these two would happen:
1. Verg somehow finds out about more characters
2. A surprise reveal happens that isn’t one of the commonly leaked characters

I guess I’m starting to get pessimistic now despite said characters not being deconfirmed and DLC being an almost definite possibility...
How is Skull Kid out of the running?

kylexv

Smash Master
I just wish that we got remasters of the other "New" games as well. All of those in one neat "New! Super Mario Bros. All-Stars" would've been great. Nintendo's just going the bare minimum by porting a game that was already HD.
I'm still flabbergasted by Peachette. Just....what?

By the way, here's where I'd rank all the clone characters in terms of being similar to the character they're based on:

:ultluigi:=:ultwolf:=:ultisabelle:>:ultlucas:>:ultfalco:>:ultganondorf:>:ultroy:>:ultyounglink:=:ulttoonlink:>:ultpichu:=:ultdoc:>:ultchrom:>:ultlucina:=:ultdaisy:=:ultrichter:=:ultdarksamus:>:ultdarkpit:

compared to...

:ultmario:, :ultfox:, :ultvillager:, :ultness:, :ultfox:, :ultfalcon:, :ultmarth:, :ultlink:, :ultlink:, :ultpikachu:, :ultmario:, :ultroy:, :ultmarth:, :ultpeach:, :ultsimon:, :ultsamus:, and :ultpit: respectively.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He also missed Richter. Not saying he’s not right, but he’s not the limit of all there is.

Plus we all know character dlc is happening.
He missed a lot of things, but I don't think he ever claimed to know the entire roster either.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom