• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Dante has two correct leaks predicting him.

I'm not saying he's in but I don't think it's fair to totally dismiss it right now.
I think it is fair to dismiss him considering we probably won’t be receiving many more new characters and potential fighters such as Geno, Issac, and Skull kid have yet to be revealed

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Seeing Isabelle get Newcomer status brings more questions rather than answers. We have no idea when the next news drop is either. It's so much better looking when they give us at least a ball park of how long we'll be waiting for more Smash news.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't feel too strongly for Isabelle one way or the other, but I say let people like or dislike whoever. I can see not liking the trailer though. It's pretty down to Earth, which fits Animal Crossing as a series, which isn't everyone's thing.

I'm already more than content with what we got anyway, so bring in whoever.

Now let's suffer together as some people dissect the chairs some more saying the Yellow one was Isabelle and the we try to find out who the purple is.

Kid Gohan gif.gif

Because the Chair Suffering NEVER ENDS.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think it is fair to dismiss him considering we probably won’t be receiving many more new characters and potential fighters such as Geno, Issac, and Skull kid have yet to be revealed
The characters in a leak don't make it fake.

We have no evidence that Geno, Skull Kid and Isaac are coming.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh, I also liked how Yoshi and all the characters aren’t made of yarn anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the yarn aesthetic. I just think that it’s sort of a one-game thing, and that every single Yoshi game shouldn’t just be yarn from now on.
I hope for a much higher standard of quality for my boi's series altogether from here on out :yoshi:

Sleeps with Butterflies

Smash Apprentice
Baselessly accusing a massive group of people of misogyny just because they don't like something cute is just stupid dude.
Also I thought the stigma against "gamer dudebros" was dead after rage comics stopped being a thing that people found funny.
Idk what Rage Comics is, but I dislike all dudebros equally, not just ones that happen to enjoy video games. And please don't call me "dude", I've never hated something more in my life.

And things like misogyny, racism, sexism, or homophobia can't really be an accusation. Either people do ****ty things, or they don't. If someone tends to hate or bash all things feminine, well, by definition, they hate femininity.

Either way, judging by how quickly you replied to me, you're probably just thirsty for an argument. And being an adult, I really don't have time for that. So if you disagree, cool, it's a free country. But I'm not here to indulge you because of an arbitrary, passing statement I made on a ****ing Super Smash Bros. forum.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dante would be cool, but I have no idea how his frame data would work to prevent another Bayonetta 2.0. Not exactly my most wanted, so I won't think about it too hard.

template s.png

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Guys with Dante looking more and more likely, you know who needs to get in along with him?

C'mon, you don't need me to spell it out, right?
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED.jpg

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED!
I'M HEAVEN ABOVE OUTSIDE YOU
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED!
I HAVE YOUR BACK TO THE WALL
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED!

SURVIVED THE FALL FROM GRACE THOU WON'T OPPOSE THE WRATH OF GOD

D

Deleted member

Seeing Isabelle get Newcomer status brings more questions rather than answers. We have no idea when the next news drop is either. It's so much better looking when they give us at least a ball park of how long we'll be waiting for more Smash news.
>News happens
>"It wasn't the news I wanted give me more"

Can this game please come out already? I want to die.

Of course, my favorite character, Minecraft. Just a floating block whose moves are transforming into blockly objects such as a tree, or a dragon.
I think you know what I mean here, but that would be a sweet character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I won't drop hope for Skull Kid.

His assist trophy is still missing, and he's a very iconic and popular character. and the furniture theory could just be for Smash directs or a good guy + bad guy rotation

plus the newer Dante leak seems fake, piggybacking off of Verg and the previous Dante leak. Fake leaks like this one have happened before.

Last edited:

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Nah, he's saying Ken, Squeenix character, Gen 7 Pokemon, and Minecraft.
I think Minecraft will be in as an assist trophy but not as a new fighter. Even if the leaker has credibility, it just seems too far fetched but you never know. Kids do like Minecraft so I guess we shall see.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
I won't drop hope for Skull Kid.

His assist trophy is still missing, and he's a very iconic and popular character. and the furniture theory could just be for Smash directs or a good guy + bad guy rotation
There is also the three remaining Zelda tracks yet to be revealed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think Minecraft will be in as an assist trophy but not as a new fighter. Even if the leaker has credibility, it just seems too far fetched but you never know. Kids do like Minecraft so I guess we shall see.
Besides it'd be crazy to choose Steve over Banjo-Kazooie who is in the top 3 in votes in Japan and America. It could even also be represented as a stage like how Paper Mario is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He never said Minecraft was playable, just that there is Minecraft representation. I'd love a stage, personally. I should've worded it better, but I was just jotting down the things he said that have yet to be confirmed.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
@loz18 haha you stink

But real talk, I think we got 5 unique newcomers left MAX.

As for who’s a I think they are...

1. Skull Kid
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Karate Joe or Chorus Kids
4. Incineroar or another Gen 7
5. That new Square-Enix rep

I’m kinda done thinking Banjo is going to happen base game, just due to the fact we probably don’t have many characters left and there doesn’t seem to be much room.

I do think he makes sense as DLC, especially since it makes figuring out how to split money with Microsoft easier.
I'll leave my bets too:
1.-Ken (because Verg)
2.-Terra (assuming we'll get a SE character that isn't Geno)
3.-Incineroar (because Verg too)
4.-Dante (because of all the noise surrounding him)
5.-Heihachi (because it'd be incredibly odd to not see another Bamco character)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I overall believe on him but cautiously. He could end up being Gematsu 2.0 after all.
btw what's left of him?
  • Minecraft stage or AT
  • A Pokémon rep that some sources say it's Incineroar
  • a SE character
  • Ken
anything missing?
Thats it but there are people who think that if Microsoft is playing ball by having some minecraft presence, it may be for Banjo and Kazooie

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways if the Dante thing is true though. I personally won't mind the guy although I feel there would had been better options like Banjo-Kazooie.

Besides already got my K. Rool and Ridley. Anything else would just be icing on cake at this point. ^_^

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
So finally just watched the Direct. Here's a couple things I wanted to mention though all of you have probably already touched on this.

Happy for Isabelle supporters and the smash fanbase as a whole. We weren't sure what to do with Isabelle, some people said unique newcomer, some people said echo fighter, and Sakurai found a way for a compromise, semi-clone.

Shadow is looking even more likely now imo. They can base him off of Sonic the same way Isabelle is based off of Villager but completely change some of the moves to chaos abilities.

Another point for Verg. Now we're down to Gen 7 Pokemon, Square Enix character, and Ken from him, no?

And lastly, the most disappointing thing, no one died in the trailer :c

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There also seems to be a trend between two third parties from each side which Capcom already has.

Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu
Konami: Simon, Snake
Namco: Pac-Man, TBA (Likely Heihachi)
Sega: Bayonetta, Sonic
Square Enix: Cloud, TBA (Likely Geno)

Yeah...I don't see Dante happening...
That is the worst way to even gauge a character's chances based off of some magic number that supposedly limits how many a third party company can have.
:ultrichter: and :ultrichter: stop :ultrichter: forgetting :ultrichter: richter :ultrichter:
He's an Echo, but he counts. He's a newcomer. He's a character from a third party. You can't make some excuse to put him out like all of the other tinfoil timmies out there do.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I also liked how Yoshi and all the characters aren’t made of yarn anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the yarn aesthetic. I just think that it’s sort of a one-game thing, and that every single Yoshi game shouldn’t just be yarn from now on.
IDK if it's just me but it really seems like Woolly wood with a different coat of paint

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I made my favorite part of the reveal trailer into a gif so I figured I'd share it. I'm sure there's a ton of meme potential to be had here.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No to hamper others favorites, but if the final set of characters is

Dante, Ken, Geno and Incinaroar, I will be very disappointed. Not a huge fan of Dante of Devil May Cry. Games were just meh.
I would be rooting for DLC at that point. I really want Goemon and Bandana Dee.

So no new info til November. That is a month and a half. A week killed the hype pretty bad and given the updates are so mundane. I feel the hype leaving me. Might take a break and do something else then think of smash. The info this cycle is so misplaced. Nothing new for days unless a big even does not help keep the excitement. Just burns me out really.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
The characters in a leak don't make it fake.

We have no evidence that Geno, Skull Kid and Isaac are coming.
What I am trying to say is those characters that I have named have a higher chance of getting in and none of them have been revealed yet.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
What I am trying to say is those characters that I have named have a higher chance of getting in and none of them have been revealed yet.
Yes but that doesn't mean other characters can't be included.

And a leak isn't fake because of the characters in it. This leak wouldn't be more legitimate if it had Isaac or Skull Kid instead of Isaac.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's to say we can't get info in October? Maybe a sudden character trailer like Robin and Lucina.
Anything is possible.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Loz18 was kicked out of server, and was said to have been spreading misinformation since June. Skull Kid I'm no longer confident in, the next newcomer is a major mystery, at least to me.

He wasn't kicked out of the server. He left on his own accord after being questioned by everyone. And yes, he's a fake. He clearly lied to all of us and the mods on that discord. Then he proceed to change his name on twitter from Loz183 to Leyenda (Spanish for Legend) because he knew he was trolling us there. After that he deleted his Twitter

I wanna make things clear. I was a clear advocate for Loz but we were all played on that discord. Aside from E3, Loz was a farce.

If you are going to believe anyone about Smash newcomers, its Vergeben. So far:

- Ken (likely echo fighter)
- Incineroar or another pokemon rep
- SE rep (Chrono, Geno, DQ rep, whatever)
- Microsoft representation (Minecraft presence, possible Banjo representation due to Microsoft playing ball)

And no, this means nothing negative for Skull Kid or Isaac. So I definitely implore fans to stay positive for their respective characters, regardless of Loz's actions on that discord.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom