• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
You claim to be a die hard nintendo fan and yet you haven't heard of her until smash speculation

Something is not right about that sentence
Such as...? You're really gonna determine how much I am a fan of Nintendo based on if I knew Isabelle before Smash speculation? I promise you there are millions out there who are self proclaimed Nintendo fans who don't know a thing about Isabelle. Sorry if my experience doesn't fit the "you can't step outside without seeing Isabelle everywhere!!!" narrative that people love to force on others

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Congrats to the Isabelle and Animal Crossing fans!

Interesting that Vergeben was right again. So it looks like we’re getting Ken (Echo), Incineroar, and a Square Enix Rep at least. Maybe a Microsoft rep as well.

Surprised Skull Kid is not revealed yet if he is indeed an AT. Sakurai had to specify that he wasn’t playable last game. Maybe he and Majora will be a boss in Spirits mode

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Look if you could slap “Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series” on Smash Ultimate and have it be canon, he’s fine by me

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just realized Isabelle just has nubs for hands and feet.
are we sure this was a good idea

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They all had some history with Nintendo at least. Scorpion didn't. Heck he ain't even popular in Japan to begin nor was a Japanese created franchise. Last I checked too Ed Boon wasn't good friends with Sakurai like Hideo was.

You'd more likely see Scorpion getting into a PSABR sequel.
Yep because Sakurai said that there was no way someone from the west could get into Smash right? And there’s no way a character who’s only popular in the west can get in. Except, we have Little Mac and Ridley to disprove that. Seriously, dude. You can be a detractor but saying something is impossible is just being ignorant.

Besides you missed the biggest point against Scorpion. Mortal Kombat is owned by Warner Bros.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I wonder if Verge will comment on Dante? I'd not so secretly love for him to debunk it.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

Dude, Starlink is the Star Fox we deserve. Nintendo needs to hand Ubi the keys for the next Star Fox title.

Also, holy **** dude. Your signature just made me thing of James as an echo of Fox. That would be the dopest thing.

Another thing, I think we all expect Ken to be an echo of Ryu, and Shadow an echo of Sonic, but I swear if those two get an echo and Big Boss isn’t one I’mma be upseat. Well, not really, but he’s such an easy echo. Give him his eyepatch pick one of his 4 incarnations Snake Eater, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes,or Phantom Pain, change his “Colonel, Mission Accomplished” to “Major, Mission Accomplished” and La Li Lu Le Lo you got yourself a Snake echo. So, ****in easy.
The lengths that Ubisoft has gone through with showing Star Fox the respect they deserve is very admirable. There where an Atlas local asked where Starlink and Star Fox came from, and Fox responded with "My home planet is Papetoon." -That's the lore you'd have to go into the old Star Fox comics to find. Not to mention they all look incredible in game.

My only nitpick is that they're all much shorter in Starlink compared to their canon heights. Fox is canonically 5'8", but the humans tower over him. Falco and Wolf are both 6'2", but are portrayed much shorter as well. It's a small grievance, but doesn't impact my excitement for the game, that's for sure.

As for James McCloud, he's by far my most wanted 'Echo' clone. Best part is that, since clones can have different animations, I can see him essentially being Melee Fox. Most people just say "He'd be Fox with sunglasses", but give Melee Fox's animations and properties to his moves, and it show's that he has a lot more to offer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yep because Sakurai said that there was no way someone from the west could get into Smash right? And there’s no way a character who’s only popular in the west can get in. Except, we have Little Mac and Ridley to disprove that. Seriously, dude. You can be a detractor but saying something is impossible is just being ignorant.

Besides you missed the biggest point against Scorpion. Mortal Kombat is owned by Warner Bros.
Is Nintendo and Warner Bros. in some good relationship lately as they had been with Microsoft and Ubisoft?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Even if I've said it four times already, I'm so, so happy. This Direct was absolutely amazing for me. Not only my most wanted Smash fighter, but my most wanted unannounced (at the time) game!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just...

Sakurai would probably kill people adding in Dante.

I know he knows that Bayonetta and her combo driven gameplay get a lot of flack.

Adding in Dante?

That's just adding in the male version of her but with the increased potential of a sword on top of guns.

I feel like he'd think long and hard about that.

It's one reason I'm sure there's no Jeanne echo coming either.

Maybe once he's figured out how to make Bayonetta not completely break the game we can talk about Dante after that.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Now that Isabelle is confirmed, what do y'all think about Vergeben?
One of my first thoughts about Isabelle was, "Well, this is definitely another point in favor of DasVergeben." I'm still not convinced that his sources are good since Isabelle was the latest in a series of reasonably safe guesses, but his information is slightly more credible after today's reveal, I'll admit that.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The furniture hints with Sakurai were true.

We got a new character from a game series heavily associated with getting new furniture.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>History with nintendo

>Snake
>Cloud

If those ****ers have history with Nintendo then my copies of Deadly Alliance on the game cube and Armageddon on wii are history enough for Scorpion
You do realize Sakurai and Hideo are good friends right? That's why he was going to be in Melee but it was too late in development by the time Hideo begged Sakurai to add him hence his inclusion in Brawl instead.

D

Deleted member

I just...

Sakurai would probably kill people adding in Dante.

I know he knows that Bayonetta and her combo driven gameplay get a lot of flack.

Adding in Dante?

That's just adding in the male version of her but with the increased potential of a sword on top of guns.

I feel like he'd think long and hard about that.

It's one reason I'm sure there's no Jeanne echo coming either.

Maybe once he's figured out how to make Bayonetta not completely break the game we can talk about Dante after that.
Just. Give. Her. ****ty. Frame. Data. Like. She. Was. Supposed. To. Have.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I believe in VergeBen at this point. Minecraft I believe won't be represented as a newcomer but rather a stage (Possible since there's a Paper Mario stage only) or assist trophy. Really? Putting Steve over Banjo-Kazooie especially when the latter has been up there in the top 3 in Japan and US.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
ABout Verge saying Ken would be an echo... I came across this post from him:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76995959/908661335

“When it comes to Smash I don't get many specifics about movesets, but I had one who did know, which heard Isabelle would be an echo.
Ken is an echo and there was never any kind of "not sure" or unknown aspect about that like Isabelle.... because it's Ken. Obviously he is an echo of Ryu when it comes to people hearing about him, no one even has to ask. It is simply logic in his case.”

I’m not sure if the Ken echo thing was a leak from his source or just speculation on his part.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sooo... do y'all believe Vergeben now?

Nope not really.

I believe in VergeBen at this point. Minecraft I believe won't be represented as a newcomer but rather a stage or assist trophy. Really? Putting Steve over Banjo-Kazooie especially when the latter has been up there in the top 3 in Japan and US.
Top 3 in what? Certaintly wasn't sales. Not every character is in because of the polls, it could just be because they're really big and popular. Like Minecraft.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is Nintendo and Warner Bros. in some good relationship lately as they had been with Microsoft and Ubisoft?
Er, no. That was my point. Warner Bros. Is historically impossible to work with. Getting to them to let Scorpion or Subzero I’m would be near impossible. That’s the biggest point against those two I feel. Not that they’re Western or lack Nintendo history(which they have plenty of).

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
You do realize Sakurai and Hideo are good friends right? That's why he was going to be in Melee but it was too late in development by the time Hideo begged Sakurai to add him hence his inclusion in Brawl instead.
And that somehow excuses Cloud?

Like no lie, Scorpion is as iconic as Cloud, there's no question about that, and Scorpion has also definitely been on more Nintendo consoles than Cloud has.

I also don't think he's happening, but that reasoning doesn't make any sense

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't want Incineroar but if they managed to incorporate the masked royal into his moveset I'd be fine.
Cinematic Final Smash Idea:
Incineroar throws his opponent into the Battle Royal Stadium, in the middle of a match between him and three other pokemon - Lycanroc, Type: Null and Decidueye, in reference to the battle from Sun / Moon - who is then caught in the middle of their fighting. Incineroar then finishes it off with a Malicious Moonsault.

I'm really just hoping for Type: Null to at least make a cameo of some sort. Please Sakurai.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom