• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Ken could still be an echo
Ken is the OG Clone fighter. No doubt he will be one.

How many Unique newcomers do you think are left now?

Personally, I'm going for either 2-3, Verge is real so I can cross out two for definite. Just leaves one in my prediction (PLS ELMA)

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The one with DMC5 info didn't disconfirm anyone, nor confirm anyone but Dante either. I don't even know if the guy who mentioned Dante in Smash is the same person as the DMC5 leaker based on that image I shared near the top of this page :I
There were two comments, one shortly after another. One leaked the DMC5 stuff, another leaked more DMC5 stuff plus Dante for Smash. There is no proof they were the same person OTHER than the speed in which the two comments were posted one after another.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I am happy for people that want her, but given I only believe there are two more unique characters left, I am disappointed.

And from Vegi, it will be Ken and Geno.
So, missing Bandana Dee, Isaac, and others I would have loved to see. Not really wanting Isabelle. But still, new fighter. So yay.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, Isabelle being unique is exactly the kind of reveal I wanted.

Even though we expected her due to Vergeben, she not only blew out a very obnoxious *COUGH* 'leaker', but I think most people expected her as an Echo. Her being unique is hella cool.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lol Nintendo is promoting their IP, obviously they are going to put a variety of characters in a variety of places. I take it that dog with the guitar and that pink teddy bear thing are Nintendo All Stars too, right?
Variety or not, they decided to go with Animal Crossing characters to use the likes of Fire Emblem, Pokémon (though that’s not too surprising), or more Mario characters...and K.K. Slider is a Nintendo All Star as well as a guitar god
Here it is
Cloud and Little Mac seem annoyed by such cuteness
GameFaqs is absolutely LIVID over Isabelle lol...
Guess what...**** them for not enjoying such an adorable fighter

Freduardo

Smash Champion
At first I felt like Isabelle should be an echo.

And then they made a trailer and showed me how she’ll play.

Now I’m just happy for the new moveset.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Lol Nintendo is promoting their IP, obviously they are going to put a variety of characters in a variety of places. I take it that dog with the guitar and that pink teddy bear thing are Nintendo All Stars too, right?
Yes, I would say that K.K is an all-star, he's a very recognizable Nintendo character. Lottie is more there to represent the Animal Crossing spin-offs. I was mainly using the second picture to show how much values Animal Crossing as an IP, its only under Mario in terms of characters they show off as their "Valued IPs". Just because Isabelle or K.K. are NPCs doesn't mean their any less important characters, Animal Crossing is all about talking to NPCs at it's core.

amageish

Smash Master
He also blatantly teased Ridley in ResetERA couple months before E3.

He certainly has sources, I even thought it was weird how "wild" his predictions seemed. Like he was way too sure about it.
He's a ResetEra mod right? Since they are a relatively high profile forum (regardless of their reputation; PLEASE let's not get into that again) perhaps the mods there were informed of specific details to squash rumors, or something like that. I've heard stories of companies informing mods on other forums on specific details for games for similar reasons, so wouldn't be the first time.
I doubt that his sources would be from Nintendo in his capacity as a mod, as he'd likely have an NDA in that case. He definitely seems to have some sort of insider knowledge though, but he's also splicing it in with personal theories (ex/ Golden Sun getting a remaster to tie into an Isaac reveal seems more logical theory-y) or personal fanboying (ex/ Persona 4 Golden getting a port seems like a dream come true for him, given how he's said that "Some of my best friends are in Persona 4," which was such a #relatable quote that I remembered it).

I'm not suggesting we over-analyze every little thing he says, but he may be worth watching out for if he makes any more bold predictions in the future.

Isabelle didn't steal a spot from anybody. If someone like Isaac isn't in it's not because of Isabelle, he wouldn't have got in either way.
This. Thinking of characters as "stealing spots" only serves to make yourself more angry and make other people feel bad for having tastes that are different then your tastes.

Shroob

Sup?
I am happy for people that want her, but given I only believe there are two more unique characters left, I am disappointed.

So, missing Bandana Dee, Isaac, and others I would have loved to see. Not really wanting Isabelle. But still, new fighter. So yay.
You're missing Verg's "Gen 7", so it's be 3 newcomers.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Isabelle getting so much salt from people just makes me love her even more than I already did.

She's a Nintendo All Star, well deserved addition and people seem to be furious because she's not a 'cool' or 'badass' character. You guys already got three villains, two monster hunters, an anime swordsman and the freshest boys and girls on the block, I think having Isabelle added to the 'cute' side of the roster alongside Daisy is fine.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Now let's not jump the gun with Verge.

He predicted some obvious picks for the roster nothing was hard to predict the.

Doesn't mean he's real

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
What's with smash fans and their slight hatred towards anything cute or feminine lol
They dislike cute stuff because they have the gay

I really wanted Shantae but i'll be even more happy if Geno is added.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh wow so it doesn't even have the physical copy inside the steelcase? Thanks for the info man
"Includes steel case, a physical version of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game, and a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition Nintendo Switch Pro Controller."

This is what the website says. Not sure about a download code being placed there.

Edit: Do you mean the Nintendo Switch set?

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
GameFaqs is absolutely LIVID over Isabelle lol...
You know, I was actually looking on GameFaqs last night at all the negativity people have on there about Isabelle. I don't get why they hate her so much, but I'm about to look around on there and see what they're all saying about how mad they are that she got in and how she 'doesn't deserve it' and all that stuff just to get a good laugh out of it

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I know who she is due to being on sites like this for Smash speculation. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't. Don't see what the problem with that is
The point is you must really be out of touch with Nintendo because Isabelle has been a big push for like 5 years...there were a couple of animal crossing directs like run by her or something...she's been a focal point for the series at least it's hard to miss her if you've been keeping up on Nintendo.

Can someone please talk about her weird stop sign move I feel like I'm the only one who brought it up what is that?!?! We have no move like it really. Is it her down b? Then what's her gyroid rocket? I need more info on her lol

Doesn't mean he's real
Simon = obvious picks. Yeah ok.

And lets not retcon Ridley's likelihood again.
I think we can more or less assume Vergeben but have hooe he's missing some like he missed King K. Rool and all echoes up to this point.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The salt will naturally cool down over time. More people will stop and think about what they said and how they acted, and reassess their thoughts on the character's inclusion.

People are free to dislike Isabelle and/or her addition as a fighter to Ultimate, but a lot of the initial negative comments people have made come along with claims that are just....illogical and irrational, to say the least.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You know, I'm not seeing any Isabelle "hate", sure I see the "meh" reactions, but all I've been seeing is the happy fans and the meh crowd. Where are these haters you guys keep finding (rhetorical question, I'm not trying to find them; just saying I must be missing the haters).

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Honestly, Isabelle being unique is exactly the kind of reveal I wanted.

Even though we expected her due to Vergeben, she not only blew out a very obnoxious *COUGH* 'leaker', but I think most people expected her as an Echo. Her being unique is hella cool.
Here's a theory.

Vergeben knew a list of unique/semi-clone newcomers, as he hasn't mentioned anything on the echo fighters yet, even though negotiations for Simon and Richter would've probably been at close to the same time due to licensing (easier to go forward than come backward).

I think it's possible that Ken could be a semi-clone akin to Isabelle. Which misses the killer reference of 'the original echo', but I feel like it makes sense if Vergeben seemingly has no idea on echoes (as only one of his Isabelle sources had any idea on her unique status, which was wrong).

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I feel simultaneously happy for Isabelle fans and sorry for them having to endure the fallout of the usual pent-up hype.

Honestly, the Smash reveal (and first-party segments of the Direct in general) did nothing for me personally, though.

Chrono.

All those months of verge's fake leak/bad source **** slinging on r/kappa might actually pay off now.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
The point is you must really be out of touch with Nintendo because Isabelle has been a big push for like 5 years...there were a couple of animal crossing directs like run by her or something...she's been a focal point for the series at least it's hard to miss her if you've been keeping up on Nintendo.

Can someone please talk about her weird stop sign move I feel like I'm the only one who brought it up what is that?!?! We have no move like it really. Is it her down b? Then what's her gyroid rocket? I need more info on her lol
It's a taunt.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Good luck everyone! Remember, keep it civilized so everyone can have their moment of happiness. Somewhere, someday, your moment will be there... Don't spoil the fun! Be part of it!
Quoting myself for emphasis.

Remember, there's still DLC characters left even if your character doesn't make it to the base roster. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Keep hoping but temper your expectations.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Although Verge is 100% spot on...

It’s kinda hard to not predict Geno and to a lesser extent Ken. They’re pretty safe. Verg further makes them seem more and more likely so that’s helps.

So was Isabelle, but not as a unique newcomer, heck even Verge had some people say she was an echo. However, I still imagined she was at the very least it was very possible to playable, since she’s a recent rising star for Nintendo, she earned her place.

Now for the Gen 7 Pokémon, I’ve seen some posts shortly after the Isabelle reveal and Verge fiasco. So I’m going to make a message from the man himself for those jumping on the Incineroar-A-Lock train...
AAA2588B-4D6F-49A1-A119-B38674CE8CF5.jpeg

Just keep your hype and expectations in check, all right? The sources for the Pokémon is a lot more shaky, since The Pokemon Company is... well... BIG.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I haven't posted here in a while, simply because I'm pretty worn out on speculation, but I do want to say that I thought Isabelle was handled extremely well in terms of her moveset.

Being in that weird state of "not really an echo or a semi-clone," but "not really a 100% unique newcomer either," in the same vein as Wolf feels like a really great place for her. Many felt like a unique fighter would be overkill, but considering her status in the gaming world, an echo probably would be doing her a disservice as well. As a few have said already, she's undoubtedly one of the biggest Nintendo All-Stars that isn't already in Smash, due to being the face of post-New Leaf Animal Crossing, and this inclusion does a pretty great job at bringing her in.

Her reveal trailer was pretty boring, sure, but it was cute, and I'm not exactly sure how you're going to get some crazy reveal out of Isabelle. One thing I don't really get though the salt she's gotten. Are we doing "slots" again?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Doesn't mean he's real
If you said this before the 8/8 direct I probably would have partly agreed with you. Ridley, Snake and Simon weren't obvious, but at least two of them were popular predictions. But his track record so far has been too good to be just a fluke. Almost everything he's said has been confirmed.

Although I do find his weirdly unspecific Enix and Pokemon predictions a little suspicious, I'm really doubting that he "just got lucky" at this point.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
"Includes steel case, a physical version of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game, and a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition Nintendo Switch Pro Controller."

This is what the website says. Not sure about a download code being placed there.

Edit: Do you mean the Nintendo Switch set?
Nah, i mean the Pro Controller + Steelcase, but i think i'll still go with just a regular copy + the Smash GC controller and a 3rd party adapter since it's much more cheaper and it'll get the job done.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Man, if we got a Square character that isn't Geno, I would be so hyped. Dragon Quest? Hell yes, new series. Sephiroth? Long *** sword and more FF even if not my personal pick. Neku? Same as DQ but I actually wanna get into TWEWY. Crono? **** me man, I wouldn't survive the hype.
Chrono would be nuts. He honestly deserves the spot, but I feel for Geno fans.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
She deserves her spot. I give her that. Was expecting her to be an Echo. But this works two. Please give us Bandana Dee.
And Goemon as DLC.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Quoting myself for emphasis.

Remember, there's still DLC characters left even if your character doesn't make it to the base roster. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Keep hoping but temper your expectations.
geno as dlc seems VERY unlikely to me. his competition would be 3rd party characters that are giants.

also just because nintendo is bringing FF to switch (in an impressive number of formats LOL) doesnt mean much for geno. It makes a FF character more likely. and business wise for nintendo FF makes total sense. they'd want to repeat the shock of cloud. geno wouldnt break the internet. sepiroth would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom