• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Dante's coming on November bros
All safe bets that are easily corroborated. It wasn't a Smash direct, so it'd be easy to count out bigger characters appearing now (Skull Kid, Geno, etc). That left the pool with a Pokemon, Isabelle, Ken, or a wildcard. Don't you people dare start believing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Are we forgetting the fact that Matt Walker, a producer at Capcom said Dante isn't in?
I'm not saying it's impossible, but i'd sooner trust a Capcom official than a 4chan leak. Even if it got something right.

But that's just me, believe what you'd like.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How do I delete someone's post?

I mean, it would have been the same result regardless of any character.
I'm sure even if Skull Kid or whoever was revealed, it'd be talked about for a week and then people would be back at where they were. Like after the 8.8 direct, people were mad that we were back under a drought after receiving a ****load of information.
Hey a week would be great. We’ve known she’s in Smash for all of like 20 minutes and I already don’t care.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wow...so harsh. If you're criticizing like this, then no offense but you're probably not true Nintendo fan.
Get that "true scotsman" **** out of my face.
People can like and dislike things as they please without having their opinions discredited like this.

Sick of this mentality.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Gonna be honest, if anyone was hoping for Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, etc to be in the direct, they were setting themselves up for disappointment. Big characters like those would be saved for Smash centered directs if you ask me.

Isabelle was a pleasant surprise for me and she was the perfect character to announce in a general Nintendo direct along with a new Animal Crossing. I know her trailer wasn’t all that exciting but she wasn’t as highly requested as Ridley, Simon, or K. Rool (all of which received pretty hype trailers).

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
And dont **** on Isabelle she desvered to be in okay Guys its okay to be mad that your fav didn't make it but dont **** on Isabelle her fans wanted a long time to be in smash

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The post didn't specify whether Isabelle would be an echo or not.
Saying she's getting a trailer in a direct is enough evidence to infer that.

Because echoes don't get their own trailers (Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus) and they literally just said it would be Isabelle in the direct (so not like Richter).

Shroob

Sup?
So, this more or less confirms that Vergeben only had info on Unique and Semi-clone characters, no echoes.

So that means.....Ken's going to be a semi-clone...

I can **** with that.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Which is really reassuring for the next potential newcomers because if he went out of his way to make Isabelle half-different from Villager, it means he could do at least the same for other characters that people always say would only be in as echoes.
Part of me is really sad that Dark Samus isn't a semi-clone.

Another part of me is very excited at the thought of Shadow being a semi-clone.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
You don't even ****ing know it buddy. Every post whining about her only gives me more strength

She really only has Pocket and her Grab.
Down B has a similar animation but works completely different. Up-B is also different. Side B(Fishing Pole) is completely unique.
All of her normals we've seen are completely unique too.
It's as silly as calling Lucario a Mewtwo semi clone or Ike a Marth semi clone.
Dash attack is also similar to Villager's.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I think a lot of the disappointment comes from the fact that she feels more "expected" than really wanted. Couple that with her lackluster trailer and her Villager derivative moveset and there wasn't too much to get excited about with her especially to outsiders of the series.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Would've loved for Skull Kid, and I hope he still has a shot but...

Don't you guys see? All this furniture speculation was leading us astray! It meant that Isabelle was coming the entire time!

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I also have mixed feelings. I like Isabelle and I'm happy for her fans, but her reveal wasn't exciting for me. All in all, it just makes me want to see who the next character reveal will be.

I am disappointed they didn't show any new assist trophies though. I hate waiting on confirmations for characters in limbo.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man I figured there'd be some salt but this is even more ridiculous then I expected. I'm starting to think there would have been less outrage if it was an Incineroar reveal.

Anyway, the more I look at Isabelle the less like a clone she seems to me. We've confirmed what, her pocket, grab, dash attack and Final Smash are the same? Her tilts, and at least one of her aerials, and her smash attacks are all completely different. Meanwhile that Fishing Rod move looks like something completely new. Sharing one special, one grab, and a Final Smash (which already tend to be really similar) doesn't seem like a huge deal.

Last edited:

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
To anyone disappointed about only one character shown must remember that another smash direct will come and probably a robin/Lucina trailer will also be released. Don't lose hope everyone as Isabelle won't be the last character announced.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Same person called out Yoshi's Crafted World
I.... i.....
I guess it's over
*ba dum tss*
I find it incredibly hard to believe there's a second Square rep and it isn't Geno. Everything has been lining up for him, and no other Square rep really seems particularly likely. But then again, I'm often wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I like her i'm gonna be honest.

Sorry but I will be playing Isabelle more than Ridley and Krool combined, I just don't care about those 2 but isabelle is cute and her moves look fun and I like villager anyway. I'm not as dissapointed as I should be.

Anyway I wonder about that one person who put all their chips into isabelle being a semiclone, and saying no geno/skull kid. Well... See yall in the karate joe thread I guess

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
He’s piggybacking Vergeben you fool

And the mistake is Vergeben said there’s going to be a second Square Enix rep logically it’s geno
>piggybacking even though they made a unique claim (Isabelle as the reveal) and were the only one to do so
>logically
>uses a subjective opinion

Look, just because you want Geno doesn't mean this is false.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, this more or less confirms that Vergeben only had info on Unique and Semi-clone characters, no echoes.

So that means.....Ken's going to be a semi-clone...

I can **** with that.
No clue what the censored word is but that'd be cool too.
And allow Ken to pull out his more unique techniques.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Would've loved for Skull Kid, and I hope he still has a shot but...

Don't you guys see? All this furniture speculation was leading us astray! It meant that Isabelle was coming the entire time!
Or maybe they are revealing 1 good character 1 evil character at that order:
- Inkling (good)
- Ridley (evil)
- Simon Belmont (good)
- King K. Rool (evil)
- Isabelle (good)
- ??? (evil)

So maybe next one is Skull Kid.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Isabelle wasn't an out there prediction to be honest. Heck, most people expected her, just as an echo. I predicted she would happen months ago and she's one of the 5 characters I said would happen.

Verge tends to get things more wrong as time goes on, which is why I wouldn't trust him as a source, even if he ends up being right. By the way, totally expect him to make a new "leak" tonight given this.

Also, I'm happy Isabelle is in.
I don’t have a horse in this race with Verg, but from E3 to now, hasn’t he only seemed to look more credible?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I don't think he's been right about any of the games he's spoken off. He always gets something wrong. Only one I can think of is TMNT in Injustice but thats because he stopped there. Even in SC6, some of his early stuff was good but it went down the tube fast. That's why I don't put much faith in it. Maybe he gets lucky or maybe he has some information but keeps adding for attention. Either way, he usually gets stuff wrong. I think Isabelle was the earliest thing he said outside of Minecraft.

Given the fact that we got Isabelle next, I expect it will continue the same trend as other Smash games. The rest will be smaller names. Thinking Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven will happen as they seem to fit the bill. Time will tell though.
Nope, in fact his SC6 info started quite rough, then got more legit as time went on:
Edgelord with a Darth Maul-styled sword? Here's Groh.
Zasalamel, Taki, Talim and Tira? All checked.
A second character who's the Edgelord's dad? Considering what we get to see of Azwel, is there any reason to think it's not Groh's papa?
Also, all new characters in this game look predictable in one way or another, considering Sakurai's statement on choosing them based on the Ballot. The only exception being Richter.

D

Deleted member

If I told anyone in this site I didn't care about K.Rool's reveal, I would have been ripped apart. Well, I didn't, but didn't go around like it was the end of the world, especially when I know he has his fans. If you don't like Isabelle, fine, but don't act like she isn't super ****ing popular or that she doesn't deserve this.
The whining about Isabelle is one of the most selfish and childish things I have ever seen this fanbase do.

Untouch

Smash Master
That isn't a leak and you know it.
It's piggybacking on a safe guess, like I theorized before it was going to be a character with a stage already, that leaves skull kid and isabelle. He guessed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom