• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that she isn't listed as an echo. She seemed pretty similar to Villager from the trailer.

I don't care for the character much myself, but good for her supporters. She definitely deserves to be in the game.

Shroob

Sup?
Someone is obsessed.
You bet I am.

If people can be soo obsessed with brightly colored chairs dictating who's in, or from a guy who clearly wants attention moreso than nothing else and has shown to not be trustworthy, I sure as **** will put a lot of stock in the one leaker who hasn't gone mental like Loz has.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Lets analyze this. With Isabelle's confirmation as a unique we can pretty much confirm that vergeben only know info on unique chars.

Thus, ken might be a unique as well

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
I'd give this direct a 5/10
There were some announcements that excited me, but I was getting more and more bored the longer it went on.
Then I saw Isabelle, and I got even more bored. God that was by far the worst smash reveal trailer.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Isabelle deserve to be in smash as a new Chracther change my mind also Sakurai said were not getting a lot of new comers so i say were getting like 6 more max

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Okay everyone, let's rate the direct.

I give it a 7/10 because Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing
Honestly, FF7 and FF9 coming to Switch, Starlink, hearing Wolf's potential Ultimate voice (pure badass), Remastered Katamari (loved that quirky game) and a colorful and creative Smash newcomer makes it a 9 for me. Also new Luigi's Mansion! And I hope Crafted World ends up being fun and decently challenging, would like to give it a go.

Seriously FF7 on Switch makes me happy beyond words. No more primitive PS2, scratched discs and memory cards for me.

Congrats to all Isabelle fans! Her inclusion and trailer as a semi-clone gives new hope for a proper, non-Echo Dixie, so more hype there!

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
It sure does, but it also corroborates two.

This'll probably get lost in the hype but whatever.

The first is obviously Vergeben, who's been claiming Isabelle since before Simon was revealed. Only one of his sources claimed she'd be an echo. For reference, he has three, and it's possible that source got confused as Isabelle does share some moves with Villiager.

What's the second you may ask?

THE DANTE LEAK

This was posted to 4chan on September 10th:

This time it actually correlates to Smash Bros. and Nintendo news, so no more claims about the Dante leak being only right in regards to DMCV. I monitored 4chan like a hawk before the Direct and during the duration of it's delay, and this is the only post to claim that Isabelle would be the main reveal.

Dante could actually be in Smash Bros.
Dante gets me happy.

No Skull Kid gets me sad.

At least there's hope for DLC I guess.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Kuon Kuon

Congratulations bro! Your most wanted AND unique
Thanks! I almost cried when I saw it.(Though to be honest my most wanted was Ashley, but since she got AT'ed, Isabelle was my second pick). I had a feeling they'd make her unique. It made too much sense not to

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I don't care at all about Animal Crossing or Isabelle in the slightest, but I have :ultsnake: :ultkrool: so I'm not complaining.

FF7 and katamari are cool. Luthreegi's Mansion looks cool but I REALLY hope its not like Dark Moon.

...WAIT A MINUTE!

Isabelle is a Vergeben character, further proving he's right...

...Vergeben says Mine Craft content is happening...

:ultbanjokazooie: HAPPENING!

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Isabelle is cool this direct was decent your just mad skull kid wasnt announced or issac or your fave Chracther

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So...

Anyone still not convinced Verge has some validity in this?:cheep:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Can ya'll get out of here with your salt please? We don't all want big badass buff characters and space dragons. Some people play for the wide variety of characters.

Isabelle is ****ing awesome and perfect for Smash.
No one is required to like a situation or not state their view on the matter as long as they are not being disrespectful about it I think it's just as valid.

On to the topic of the direct itself, I have to kind of say the whole direct was kind of a mixed bag of me and nothing seemed to bring me above intrigued but that only only for a few things the rest kind of gave me a sense of meh mostly.

Isabelle didn't help this at all, normally I can at least enjoy the trailer for what it is, same with a character. In general all I kind of felt was a resounding meh. I think the problem is the trailer is too close the nature of Animal Crossing, which while fit, felt kind of like the introduction drug on far longer then it really should have. So when the actual game play segment started I was already kind of droning on and not paying that much attention. Which is an odd thing for a Smash trailer to do.

I know the big drop was Animal Crossing, which I simply cannot bring myself to care about it so this announcement simply did nothing for me I suppose.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Lol, yesterday I predicted Incineroar, Isaac, and Isabelle. I can't even say I got 1/3 right as I thought she'd be an echo, so I technically got .5/3.

I feel whelmed about this direct tbh, but I'm glad for Isabelle fans. And she's unique to boot (semi-clones count as unique right?)!

Kariudo

Smash Rookie
I was hoping Isabelle would be in the game, but didn't really expect her to make it. I may have just found my new main. Between this, the Final Fantasy announcements, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion, I am so happy right now!

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay everyone, let's rate the direct.

I give it a 7/10 because Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing
6/10

The only things that really interested me were Luigi's Mansion. Mario Bros Deluxe, and Animal Crossing

The Smash reveal disappointed me a fair bit so that also brought it down.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about Isabelle being the choice, but on the bright side, ppl now have a new Animal Crossing character, and the site says she's her own character, not an echo either!

Meanwhile, in my world...

♪You see, my quest is for the KI, the goodness, I can tell you why.
Today may not be its time, but please don't be shy.
Maybe later when we hear voices over the horizon, chances are the time will be for Uprising
It didn't rhyme, and that's fine, everything will be all-right then.

In short, listen for the voices later that will be ever so strong, the hype will come soon, I can't be wrong.
The light shall then shine bright, in time, in time, I must be right. Shout high, shout high, come forth, the Uprising Hype!♪
:ultpit:

(Me being weird and just biding my time for Kid Icarus love to hopefully come later. To sum up my weird tune, it basically means wait til you hear voices/dialogue in Smash; maybe then Kid Icarus will be uprising again, hopefully in the form of a new game, and/or playable Phosphora/Medusa)

EDIT: Shoutout to the adorable "Bowser Dad" animations. :ultbowser::ultbowserjr:

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You know what, I take it back. I'm not disappointed in Isabelle. Not at all. I'm disappointed in her trailer.

I wish her trailer was a little more fun, it was kind of boring. I would've loved to have seen an Animal Crossing version of Fox or someone else to come in and give her the letter at the very least. When the last 3 trailers had dream crossovers like Samus, Mario, Mega Man, and Ridley or Simon and Luigi or K. Rool, Donkey Kong, Diddy, and DeDeDe this one didn't have a big impact. The trailer could've been a LOT better. I'm happy with the character herself though.

Overall though, I'm happy with the Direct as a whole. Even the Smash reveal was good. Even if the trailer was boring.
Exactly. I felt kinda bummer after her trailer. I didn't have strong feelings for Simon either, but his trailer got me hyped and I watched it multiple times. I'm not going to watch her trailer again, because it's just her giving a monologue. But it makes sense, and I bet her hardcore fans enjoyed it (which is who it was made for). A little weird for me, but I just hope her fans really enjoy her!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
WHERE ARE THE DENIERS
WHERE ARE THE NAYSAERS

ISABELLE CAN'T BE A FIGHTER MY ***
PREACH!!!

Also, Isabelle is actually a semi clone since she has some of the same moves or their altered to make them stand out from Villager's.

Semi clones are still a thing dudes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Even though verg said Isabelle, she was kind of a safe guess. Though her being a semi-clone is less safe of a guess.
I wouldn't call him real just yet.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Who is the leaker in the post?

And no Skull Kid? He's like the only one I care for.
That proves nothing thus far. I'm pretty sure everybody here expected Isabelle to be a character.
Same person called out Yoshi's Crafted World
I.... i.....
I guess it's over
*ba dum tss*

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why are we all calling Isabelle a "Dr.Mario"? She's got way more differences in her moveset. She's much more of a Falco or maybe even a Wolf then she is a Doc.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Y'all missing the big thing here, this confirms that semi-clones are still a thing.
Which is really reassuring for the next potential newcomers because if he went out of his way to make Isabelle half-different from Villager, it means he could do at least the same for other characters that people always say would only be in as echoes.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Isabelle is cool this direct was decent your just mad skull kid wasnt announced or issac or your fave Chracther

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Direct was kinda meh. Luigi’s Mansion 3 And Yoshis crafted world are pretty cool. Isabelle’s great, but everything else is pretty boring tbh

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Quit thinking you speak for everyone. I could not care less about Isabelle or Animal Crossing in general.
To be fair I’m not even a huge fan of animal crossing, but with the amount of times ive seen her name appear on this thread, I thought she was atleast somewhat popular. Can’t we just be happy we got a newcomer?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Recap on verge Ben he got everything right so far

Reminder he wasn’t sure if Isabelle was echo or not

Here’s what else he said

A Pokémon rep (his one source nailed it as Incineroar)
Ken
And a second Square Enix rep (was the same source as simon Belmont) so logically geno

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Isabell drained me of hype because I don’t give a **** about Animal Crossing, but at least it confirmed a Dante Leak which is rad

monadoboy

Smash Lord
It sure does, but it also corroborates two.

This'll probably get lost in the hype but whatever.

The first is obviously Vergeben, who's been claiming Isabelle since before Simon was revealed. Only one of his sources claimed she'd be an echo. For reference, he has three, and it's possible that source got confused as Isabelle does share some moves with Villiager.

What's the second you may ask?

THE DANTE LEAK

This was posted to 4chan on September 10th:

This time it actually correlates to Smash Bros. and Nintendo news, so no more claims about the Dante leak being only right in regards to DMCV. I monitored 4chan like a hawk before the Direct and during the duration of it's delay, and this is the only post to claim that Isabelle would be the main reveal.

Dante could actually be in Smash Bros.
So literally the only two characters I didn't want will be in? I hope Dante's great. Thankfully "Everyone is Here" happened.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know what, I take it back. I'm not disappointed in Isabelle. Not at all. I'm disappointed in her trailer.

I wish her trailer was a little more fun, it was kind of boring. I would've loved to have seen an Animal Crossing version of Fox or someone else to come in and give her the letter at the very least. When the last 3 trailers had dream crossovers like Samus, Mario, Mega Man, and Ridley or Simon and Luigi or K. Rool, Donkey Kong, Diddy, and DeDeDe this one didn't have a big impact. The trailer could've been a LOT better. I'm happy with the character herself though.

Overall though, I'm happy with the Direct as a whole. Even the Smash reveal was good. Even if the trailer was boring.
Isabelle got in Smash and nobody had to die.

WHERE'S THE BLOOD!? WE WANT BLOOD! (jk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom