• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sakurai likes the cats huh? Tell that to Meowth. :052:
How is it Meowth had never even been considered. I'm surprised because he feels like he could had been in the roster since Melee or being in Smash 64 instead of Jigglypuff granted I'm aware of his popularity at that time.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I know it’s early but best of luck to everyone tomorrow on things you like being revealed.

The best advice I can give though is keep a level head, don’t overexcite yourself. Sakurai is doing his best to please as many people as possible.

If you disagree with him that’s fine, but at least try to stay respectful to people who might want whatever is shown, even if you don’t like it.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If anyone wants, I'm curious as to who the most expected fighter is (you know what they say about crowds and accuracy when guessing), so HERE is a short poll that only has a text field for you to type in who you think (multiple choice would be too exclusive and I know some people will get angry about that lol). Only one entry please.
Poll Link
I'd be interested to see what the results are in a few hours. Just as long as it doesn't get leaked first.

View attachment 163642
Posting this here for reference.

With it skipping to 148 for Ryu, that makes 9 posts they've skipped because of the delay. Yeesh.

Some of them are obviously trailers and fighter blog posts, and one or two music posts for whatever newcomer it could be... But that still leaves spots open. What could they be?
I wonder if some of the more innocuous ones have the mystery character(s) in the pictures, so they needed to delay those as well...

But it's probably just that they didn't feel like showing them in a certain order, so they did it that way.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Speaking of the Smash blog, I still can't believe Ryu being in Smash Bros feels so normal. I wish that leak hadn't happened so we'd all really be in for a shock when he suddenly showed up in his trailer.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
How would ya'll feel if the 2 characters announced tomorrow were Bandanna Dee and Incineroar?
Bandana Waddle Dee = Great. Finally he is in. The 4th member of the Kirby crew. I think this rounds up the series pretty well. We'll have our first spear user, which is pretty nice, and I'm just glad we are done with him. Why? Because, as you can see, he is in my signature, and that's because I like him, but he usually comes last on my list of most wanted. He is the extra ticket if I have space on the top lists. Top 10? Nope. Top 20? Hell Yeah. Therefore, he is not one of my most wanted, but I'd be super glad to see him in the game, and would love to play as him, but more happy to know that we have more in store and that he is at least in the game.

Incineroar = While rumoured a lot, I think he's a cool cat. Perhaps initially not my most wanted Gen 7 Pokémon, but one I could at least accept, and perhaps find more interesting when the game comes out. I think he would be a bit of a dissapointment for some because he has been talked about a lot, and people sort of expect him, while there are no good reasons to, say in contrast to other great choices. The community seems split, and that's understandable when there were no specific Pokémon for this generation that really stood out.

Overall, compared to picks like; Banjo & Kazooie, Skull Kid, Geno and Isaac. I'd be pretty let down, since I'm counting on more miracles, but I'd be really happy in the end, because these choices are actually pretty interesting, and would bring something aswesome to the table, but my mind is at another table for the moment, and that's perhaps why it would be a bit of a bitter, but bittersweet taste if it were these two.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know it’s early but best of luck to everyone tomorrow on things you like being revealed.

The best advice I can give though is keep a level head, don’t overexcite yourself. Sakurai is doing his best to please as many people as possible.

If you disagree with him that’s fine, but at least try to stay respectful to people who might want whatever is shown, even if you don’t like it.
No doubt. After all Sakurai giving us the "Ultimate" game is more then enough. What else is there to ask for? ;)

Huge respect to Sakurai.

If none of my three most current wants which is Banjo-Kazooie, Black Shadow and Medusa don't get in then so be it. In the end this is his game. He can do what he wants with it.

I'll still ship King K. RoolxMedusa never the less.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So guys while we're waiting for the Direct to happen tomorrow, let's play a quick game:

Assuming that certain characters we want don't show up tomorrow, what's the five characters you think will be saved for the last Direct?

For me, it's the following:

Skull Kid
Shadow (Sonic echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy echo)
Banjo
Geno - last before DLC

I think this list will pretty much throw an incredible amount of hype to end the base roster hype train. These five are five of the biggest names that we have right now and for them to be saved towards the end would be incredible

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Looks like the reptiles, even though they may not all be dinosaurs, are taking over the Earth again, or are at least taking over Smash. Lol
Lizard men have been controlling the goverment for a long time now. Reptiles have always been in control, they're just finally choosing to reveal themselves now.

Wake up Mareeple.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe it's just me, but I just am not feeling Isaac tomorrow.

It's a general Direct, meaning that, if I were in charge, I'd pick a character that a more 'average' watchbase would recognize.

I mean for Smash 4, we had from 'general, non E3 Directs':

Rosalina
Little Mac
Bowser Jr.
Shulk(Japan only)
Cloud

These are all very 'safe' reveals to show to your casual Nintendo fan, unlike say, Robin, Corrin or Bayonetta were.

I just don't see someone like Isaac, who's frankly very obscure to the general audience, in a general Direct.

If it were a Smash Direct? I could see it, but not a General one.

Characters like Isabelle, Ken, Skull Kid or Incineroar seem much more likely.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So guys while we're waiting for the Direct to happen tomorrow, let's play a quick game:

Assuming that certain characters we want don't show up tomorrow, what's the five characters you think will be saved for the last Direct?
Elma
Isabelle (Villager Echo)
Ken (Ryu Echo)
Shadow (Sonic Echo)
Geno

D

Deleted member

Skull Kid
Shadow (Sonic echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy echo)
Banjo
Geno - last before DLC

I think this list will pretty much throw an incredible amount of hype to end the base roster hype train. These five are five of the biggest names that we have right now and for them to be saved towards the end would be incredible
For me, I think it'd be:
Elma
Impa (Shiek Echo)
Mach Rider (Retro character star of the game, like Little Mac)
Issac
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden (I want to believe...)

Lizard men have been controlling the goverment for a long time now. Reptiles have always been in control, they're just finally choosing to reveal themselves now.

Wake up Mareeple.
Consperiacy Theory: Mankind is secertly a bunch of lizard furries!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Update on the poll (in my sig, if you'd like):

For a while there, we had three people tied, but now there's a clear top 3 with 2 tied for 4th.

Only 28 responses so far so I don't wanna say names yet, I think I'll let it run until an hour before the direct tomorrow.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Consperiacy Theory: Mankind is secertly a bunch of lizard furries!
Hey man, might wanna avoid double posting as it's frowned upon here. If you wanna add something, click on the edit button :)

Update on the poll (in my sig, if you'd like):

For a while there, we had three people tied, but now there's a clear top 3 with 2 tied for 4th.

Only 28 responses so far so I don't wanna say names yet, I think I'll let it run until an hour before the direct tomorrow.
*raises hand of completing*

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Skull Kid
Shadow (Sonic echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy echo)
Banjo
Geno - last before DLC

Isaac
Lloyd
Shantae
Neku
Incineroar

D

Deleted member

Hey man, might wanna avoid double posting as it's frowned upon here. If you wanna add something, click on the edit button :)

*raises hand of completing*
Oh crap! My bad! I'm new here, I just made this account hours ago. Sorry, I'll try to avoid that next time.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice

Skull Kid
Shadow (Sonic echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy echo)
Banjo
Geno - last before DLC

Elma or Bandana Dee
Shadow (echo)
Dixie Kong (echo)
Isabelle (echo)
Geno

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
So, this may have been asked before, but which character do you guys think will likely be revealed in the Direct? Skull Kid? Isaac? Incineroar? Geno? Someone else?
I'm pretty confident when I say we'll be getting a Generation 7 Pokemon. Incineroar is a safe bet, but personally, I'd rather have Decidueye, Golisopod, Tsareena, even Lycanroc and Tapu Koko. And there are probably some others, too. But, eh, I'd be glad for his advocates. Plus, I'd like to see him, even though he's not personally on my wishlist.

Other than that, my most anticipated fighter in the September Direct is Karate Joe, actually. It's been too long without a Rhythm Heaven Representative, and I personally believe that Karate Joe fits perfectly for a rep of that series.

Skull Kid
Shadow (Sonic echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy echo)
Banjo
Geno - last before DLC

Off the top of my head and being somewhat reasonable...
Banjo & Kazooie
Incineroar
Karate Joe
Shadow
Geno

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

Skull Kid
Shadow (Sonic echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy echo)
Banjo
Geno - last before DLC

Banjo & Kazooie.
Bandana Waddle Dee.
Dixie Kong.
Doshin the Giant. (or Lip from Panel De Pon)
Geno.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Skull Kid
Shadow (Sonic echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy echo)
Banjo
Geno - last before DLC

For me...

Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Geno
Incineroar
Dixie Kong

That is my list.

D

Deleted member

This 100%. Even if it isn't exactly something I care for, I will still be very happy for Incineroar fans tomorrow if my prediction is right and it's in. I wish the best of luck to people in here who are cheering for a specific character. I hope people get something that makes them happy. :)

Aah, I'm so excited; Nintendo Directs are just so much fun! I just wish it was in the morning for me: Waiting until the afternoon is gonna be so hard! :p

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Not while I'm around :yoshi:

*Crusher appears from backstage*

Now hold on just a moment, playa!

I see that we got a brawl brewing out here. As the General Manager of Tuesday Night Smashdown!, tonight, Zinith will go one on one....with da Undertaker!

*crowd cheers as Zinith's eyes opened with fear of knowing what the Tombstone Piledriver does to people*

In the meantime, I see how much you folks are itching for a fight. Tonight, we are going to have a Tag-Team match up! Star Fox, Wolf, and Lucario will go in an 8-man tag team match against :ultyoshi::ultkrool::ultridley::4charizard:

Hola, hola, hola!

*Crusher leaves to head backstage before we are cut to a commercial break*

What the **** is Weezing?
Gas

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This 100%. Even if it isn't exactly something I care for, I will still be very happy for Incineroar fans tomorrow if my prediction is right and it's in. I wish the best of luck to people in here who are cheering for a specific character. I hope people get something that makes them happy. :)

Aah, I'm so excited; Nintendo Directs are just so much fun! I just wish it was in the morning for me: Waiting until the afternoon is gonna be so hard! :p
Me too man. I hope we get a Smash newcomer tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom