• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 163642
Posting this here for reference.

With it skipping to 148 for Ryu, that makes 9 posts they've skipped because of the delay. Yeesh.

Some of them are obviously trailers and fighter blog posts, and one or two music posts for whatever newcomer it could be... But that still leaves spots open. What could they be?
I honestly feel like 143-145 aren't anything special.

146 was moved up to fill the music spot, which 140 was probably supposed to be.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well, usually all of the Pokemon in Smash are usually the most heavily pushed by the Pokemon Company and are usually very popular Pokemon on their own, like Mewtwo and Lucario for the movies that came out awhile ago. And Greninja was voted the most popular Pokemon two or three years ago. And seeing as how Lycanroc is being heavily pushed by the Pokemon Company and is a pretty popluar Gen 7 Pokemon, I think he is more likely than some other options.

But hey, I could be wrong. I was one of the people who though that Ridley was out of the question no ifs ands or buts. And well, needless to say, I was wrong.
So who knows who a Gen 7 Pokemon rep would be.

(inb4 Zerazora gets announced for no reason lol.)
You see, that's where I'm afraid you "might" be right.
Lycanroc is very well pushed by the Pokémon Company, and personally I don't like it very much. More because I don't like Lycanroc in itself as it does not appeal to me (none of the forms), but, the "pushed heavily" part is something I think Lycanroc does have going for him.

Still ... Sakurai is the one to decide, and considering when Sun & Moon came out, it's sort of X/Y scenario again.
We simply have no clue. As said, it could be a similar scenario where Sakurai got some more concept arts and had to decide. Therefore I think likes of Incineroar and Decidueye does hold up a great chance. (Yes, even Primarina at some point)

And the Ultra Beast is the most prominent feature. Therefore, perhaps even Buzzwole.
Tapu Koko does have a prominent role both in the game and in the anime, but I don't think it's that likely.

I'm still thinking Incineroar for now, but thanks for answering, appreciated the reasoning.

Potato_

Smash Lord
View attachment 163642

With it skipping to 148 for Ryu, that makes 9 posts they've skipped because of the delay. Yeesh.

Some of them are obviously trailers and fighter blog posts, and one or two music posts for whatever newcomer it could be... But that still leaves spots open. What could they be?
Well my heart is saying more fighters, my mind is saying items or features related to stuff in the direct.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So far the poll is looking very ... Expected, shall I say? If you'd like to vote to see who the collective thinks is the most likely, feel free to click the link in my sig (scroll up the page if this isn't my first post on this page, I can't tell how fast the page is moving).

Who's Loz18?
One of the two big names in leakers right now. People have a less favorable view of him than Vergeben. He thinks Skull Kid is going to be in, and most of his "predictions" are just his personal guesses people took too seriously.

D

Deleted member

You see, that's where I'm afraid you "might" be right.
Lycanroc is very well pushed by the Pokémon Company, and personally I don't like it very much. More because I don't like Lycanroc in itself as it does not appeal to me (none of the forms), but, the "pushed heavily" part is something I think Lycanroc does have going for him.

Still ... Sakurai is the one to decide, and considering when Sun & Moon came out, it's sort of X/Y scenario again.
We simply have no clue. As said, it could be a similar scenario where Sakurai got some more concept arts and had to decide. Therefore I think likes of Incineroar and Decidueye does hold up a great chance. (Yes, even Primarina at some point)

And the Ultra Beast is the most prominent feature. Therefore, perhaps even Buzzwole.
Tapu Koko does have a prominent role both in the game and in the anime, but I don't think it's that likely.

I'm still thinking Incineroar for now, but thanks for answering, appreciated the reasoning.
Thanks. I mean for all we know, Sakurai could put Zerazora in Smash, and when asked for his reasoning his anwser is "I really like my cat :)" lol.
But hey, you pull for you wish to pull for. The only thing I desire out of Ultimate is ANY new Zelda rep.

Shroob

Sup?
Seriously.

Do not believe Gamefaq/Discord/whatever posts unless you can get a source for them actually having been said.

We went through this whole scenario ages ago with a supposed 'convo' from Loz which was completely fabricated by a 4chan user, and Verg hasn't been a stranger to getting fabricated PMs either.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
View attachment 163642

Stages. Get over it.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Anyone thinking we'll get a char at the beginning & end-it's not a Smash direct. At best expect 1 newcomer & 1 echo (if anything).

Edit: If Gothitelle got in I'd want her to be a ROB echo.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Thanks. I mean for all we know, Sakurai could put Zerazora in Smash, and when asked for his reasoning his anwser is "I really like my cat :)" lol.
But hey, you pull for you wish to pull for. The only thing I desire out of Ultimate is ANY new Zelda rep.
Sakurai likes the cats huh? Tell that to Meowth. :052:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How would ya'll feel if the 2 characters announced tomorrow were Bandanna Dee and Incineroar?
I'd welcome Bandana Dee with open arms.

Incineroar...Ehhh...Could had been better Pokemon choices like Lyanroc, Decidueye or Gardevoir...

All in all it'd be 50/50 for me.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, this may have been asked before, but which character do you guys think will likely be revealed in the Direct? Skull Kid? Isaac? Incineroar? Geno? Someone else?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, this may have been asked before, but which character do you guys think will likely be revealed in the Direct? Skull Kid? Isaac? Incineroar? Geno? Someone else?
I'm thinking either Skull Kid or Isaac. Perhaps even both but there's a good chance we'll get one unique and echo. In that case I'd put my money more on Skull Kid.

D

Deleted member

I don't really put that much stock into leaks. The one time I did was that leak for MVCI (the one I deperatly wished wasn't real) that leaked the whole roster.

domriver

Smash Lord
Seems like people are expecting a pokemon, isaac, skull kid, and/or Isaac - after the reveal of King K Rool. I have no clue who to expect. I was thinking the Rool would have been revealed alot closer to the release but nooooooooope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom