• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If anyone wants, I'm curious as to who the most expected fighter is (you know what they say about crowds and accuracy when guessing), so HERE is a short poll that only has a text field for you to type in who you think (multiple choice would be too exclusive and I know some people will get angry about that lol). Only one entry please.
Poll Link

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The numbering order of the blog posts in the website's pretty much confirms we're getting SOMETHING large during the direct. Almost definitely a fighter.

View attachment 163639
Looks like a newcomer, likely with a memory post and a song to go with their franchise. We're most likely getting a fighter from a series without playable representation at the current moment. This will finally squash the "This is all the stages we're getting" belief.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Lowkey, a trailer that would have Incineroar fighting Ken would be hype as hell.

Doubt it will happen, but since both fight with fire, or fire-like effects, it'd be dope as *****.
I’m having a hard time discerning the swear you used in this context. It’s five letters. What the *****?

Potato_

Smash Lord
It's #148, they skipped to next Thursday's update.
Seems like the entire blog is just entirely mixed up, wonder what happened internally to make them decide to do this. This skip feels unrelated to the Direct delay, although for all we know it might still be.

I almost want to record everyone's predictions and congratulate the folks who make a correct one.

Google Forms would be easier to do that with.

Hmmmm
Well if you actually do this I might as well throw down my prediction.

One Newcomer, Skull Kid.

Two Echoes, Ken and Isabelle.

Announcement of a Smash special trailer (e.g Robin and Lucina's) for October, details on the demo.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Skull Kid is revealed tomorrow then that means the chairs and pillows were a hint as the barrels, ladder and jungle plants were for K. Rool.

And if Isaac is revealed tomorrow. The Rathatos picture did hint at him.

:upsidedown:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, if Ryu got a memory, Ken wouldn't need one...

....Look, I'm just saying that if Richter friggen Belmont can get in, then Ken, the ORIGINAL CLONE, deserves it just as much.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how would you guys and fans feel and react if tomorrow the newcomers were one unique and echo and were Gardevoir and Gothitelle?

D

Deleted member

How doth thou figurest?

Do elaborate, my fine fellow.
How is Lycanroc looking more likely?

Well, usually all of the Pokemon in Smash are usually the most heavily pushed by the Pokemon Company and are usually very popular Pokemon on their own, like Mewtwo and Lucario for the movies that came out awhile ago. And Greninja was voted the most popular Pokemon two or three years ago. And seeing as how Lycanroc is being heavily pushed by the Pokemon Company and is a pretty popluar Gen 7 Pokemon, I think he is more likely than some other options.

But hey, I could be wrong. I was one of the people who though that Ridley was out of the question no ifs ands or buts. And well, needless to say, I was wrong.
So who knows who a Gen 7 Pokemon rep would be.

(inb4 Zerazora gets announced for no reason lol.)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, if Ryu got a memory, Ken wouldn't need one...

....Look, I'm just saying that if Richter friggen Belmont can get in, then Ken, the ORIGINAL CLONE, deserves it just as much.
You got it wrong, bub. Luigi is the OG, but I agree that he should be an echo.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I really wanna make a hard call and say Geno for tomorrow, but evidence is definitely pointing to either Skull Kid or Issac. So I dunno at this point.

D

Deleted member

Safe prediction: Isaac
Off-the-box prediction: Phoenix Wright
Completely pipedream: Wonder-Red

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Even if Smash is half of the Direct like at E3, gotta admit it atleast be more entertaining than that Direct last year that had 12 minutes of Xenoblade tutorials. I mean cmon, even if you were excited for the game an old dude telling you how to do basic rpg stuff in excess detail would put you to sleep.

(Isnt this Direct now exactly 1 year after that one? Elma, Elmas Mech, Rex, Pyra, Myrtha, Dunban, Riki, Fiora, Metal Face all confirmed for tomorrows Direct)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Geno I feel base-wise will be the last character revealed. He just feels like one of those last surprise feels and one of the only few I can see topping Ridley and K. Rool in terms of hype.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I really wanna make a hard call and say Geno for tomorrow, but evidence is definitely pointing to either Skull Kid or Issac. So I dunno at this point.
Geno is probably gonna be saved for last so I think he's gonna be revealed right before the release

Skull Kid and/or Isaac would be sweet for tomorrow! Would be interesting if Felix shows up too

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Feel free to respond on the poll I made just so I can see the chart it makes out of responses. It's in my sig now so I can avoid posting it multiple times.
Got it. Interested to see the results.
So do y'all believe Loz18's most recent claims? Ya Know...
Banjo Kazooie
Most leaks are bullocks, but the issue I see there is that the characters will mostly stick to the ones Nintendo already licensed with. Shovel Knight is the only exception but I believe Nintendo published it in Japan. Banjo didn't come up all that often until K Rool got announced. I have a feeling its the typical thing where people move on to the next character.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Dm5QcR0UUAEvbC-.jpg

Posting this here for reference.

With it skipping to 148 for Ryu, that makes 9 posts they've skipped because of the delay. Yeesh.

Some of them are obviously trailers and fighter blog posts, and one or two music posts for whatever newcomer it could be... But that still leaves spots open. What could they be?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Safe Prediction: Skull Kid (Runner-Up: Isaac)
Crazy Prediction: Shantae
Dream Character: Banjo-Kazooie (Runner-Ups: Black Shadow, Medusa)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom