• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Y'know, the two characters that I want in any kind of Smash game are Jack Frost and Flynn (or some other mainline SMT protagonist) from Shin Megami Tensei, but it's probably a long shot. But hey, a guy can dream can't he?
Fellow Jack Frost supporter here. I think he's got a good shot for a future Smash game now that a lot of the bigger third parties are in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How many new characters do you think will be revealed tomorrow? I'm thinking one or perhaps even two. If lucky maybe we'll even get an echo.
My bets:

Uniques:
- Elma
- Waddle Dee

Echos:
- Isabelle
- (maybe) Black Shadow

It’s risky as hell but I’ll take it

LetterO

Smash Lord
If we get two characters, I'd want to see Shadow and Chorus Kids/Karate Joe. If we get three, I'd like the third to be Incineroar/Buzzwole or Skull Kid

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Only disappointing reveals tomorrow would be Incineroar or Heihachi. Any of the other heavily rumored characters would be good with me.

Baseless prediction is Skull Kid and maybe Impa as Sheik echo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Reminding you guys of my bet.
Actually I'm gonna call who it is tomorrow for pure shock factor.

It's a win-win for me. If I get it wrong, everybody on the site wins. If I get it right, I told you so I get bragging rights. :195: absolute mastermind
If I somehow win the outcome feel free to tag me and curse my existence. :shyguy:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm willing to bet that the last blog update of this week will be a newcomer, since it would be totally anticlimactic to showcase an item or a Pokemon after the Direct.
We might not even get a new character reveal tomorrow.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If Incineroar gets revealed tomorrow or the next Smash Direct, I will change everything about my profile (if possible) to show him. I like him, so I'll show my dedication through that.
Uh, hmmm. Pyra Pyra , do you have the time to remind me of this tomorrow when I get back here?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Gay furries, dude. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We swap husbandos faster than the American right chooses which basic human right to attack.
1514255230093.png

You ever try to light a match in a gas-filled room? It's definitely safer than that post because you're just asking for this thread to be shut down.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Only disappointing reveals tomorrow would be Incineroar or Heihachi. Any of the other heavily rumored characters would be good with me.

Baseless prediction is Skull Kid and maybe Impa as Sheik echo.
More or less how I feel. Personally would be dissapointed by Tapu KoKo and Lycanroc as well but don't think they're as likely. Isaac doesn't intrest me in concept but his moveset might change my mind.

Personally with 4 missing updates from Thursday-Sunday I'm predicting Skull Kid & Impa, or Incinearoar & Alolan Stage.

D

Deleted member

Fellow Jack Frost supporter here. I think he's got a good shot for a future Smash game now that a lot of the bigger third parties are in.
Cool. I myself would pay a whole lotta of money to see SMT makes apperiance in Smash.

I think my choices in 3rd party characters might be obscure ones, seeing as I have both Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and Bill Rizier from Contra on my lists of 3rd party characters in Smash.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Ryu is the Fighter of the Day of the direct?

Ken confirmed.

Please.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I almost want to record everyone's predictions and congratulate the folks who make a correct one.

Google Forms would be easier to do that with.

Hmmmm

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
We might not even get a new character reveal tomorrow.
The numbering order of the blog posts in the website's pretty much confirms we're getting SOMETHING large during the direct. Almost definitely a fighter.

DmyN8W-UwAAr4eu.jpg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My dream announcement tomorrow would be a double bill of Gardevoir and Shantae.

I can dream... I can dream.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Same here! Lycanroc is looking more and more likely to be in everyday.
How doth thou figurest?

Do elaborate, my fine fellow.

At least they're some people out there who don't blindly follow leaks.
I do no such thing.
I think it’s more likely the majority just like those characters.

I like Isaac, Skull Kid, Banjo, Geno and Lloyd.
I’m always gonna root for them. Don’t care what anyone thinks. A lot of people just happen to be in the same boat.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seriously am I the only one dreading that tomorrow if Isaac gets revealed. People are gonna start making tasteless comments about how the earthquake predicted him? That's the last thing we need...

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
More or less how I feel. Personally would be dissapointed by Tapu KoKo and Lycanroc as well but don't think they're as likely. Isaac doesn't intrest me in concept but his moveset might change my mind.

Personally with 4 missing updates from Thursday-Sunday I'm predicting Skull Kid & Impa, or Incinearoar & Alolan Stage.
nah bro Tapu Koko would be hype as hell. Super unexpected and low-requested, yet still important to the games and likely a badass moveset

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If Pokémon shows up in the direct, it's gotta be Incineroar or some other 'mon.

Maybe Isaac if they remaster Golden Sun, although the chances are practically miniscule.

Of course, having AC in the same direct could really jumble things up...

It's hard to predict.

Shroob

Sup?
Lowkey, a trailer that would have Incineroar fighting Ken would be hype as hell.

Doubt it will happen, but since both fight with fire, or fire-like effects, it'd be dope as *****.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Seriously am I the only one dreading that tomorrow if Isaac gets revealed. People are gonna start making tasteless comments about how the earthquake predicted him? That's the last thing we need...
To be honest, only the worst people at making appropriate jokes would do that. I wouldn't expect that here really.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
My money is still on Skull Kid with either Shadow or Dark Meta Knight as they'd fit the inevitable trailer theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom