• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I made a post DLC roster I wanted to share with you guys:

This roster consider Vergeben correct, so it contains Incineroar, Isabelle and Ken.
Unique Fighters (11):
Inkling, Ridley, Simon, King K. Rool:
Confirmed
Skull Kid: Not because of some chairs, he looks really likely due to assist trophy replacement.
Dillon: Among the other assist trophy absences, he seems to be the most likely. He has lots of potential anfd it seems about time to promote this IP.
Isaac: Smash Ballot.
Incineroar: Seems like he is the one who gonna be heavily featured in the anime, just like Greninja, Lucario and Mewtwo were last time.
Lloyd: DLC pack 3 mii costume along with Chrom and K. Rool.
Celica: Fire Emblem needs more reps. Now seriusly, If we are getting a FE newcomer it is her.

Echo Fighters (12):
Dark Samus, Daisy, Chrom, Richter:
Confirmed
Ninten: Seems really easy to implement and makes a lot of sense. He is Lucas's echo since he does not have a yo-yo.
Isabelle: New face of animal crossing.
Black Knight and Shadow: There was a really similar model to Black Knight on Castle Siege, that is now gone for no obvious reason, parhaps to avoid confusion with a now playable character. Shadow's Assist trophy is likely gone gone as well. Black Knight was a DLC pack 3 mii costume along with Chrom and K. Rool. And with Dark Samus and Dark Pit it seems we are getting some dark themed echo fighters.
Dixie Kong: Change Diddy's Up-B, give him Tiny Kong's Feather Bow, and ta-da, Dixie.
Ken: Original Echo Fighter.

DLC (07):
Banjo, Lara Croft, Dante and Rayman:
Sakurai said only gaming icons were allowed so here they are.
Spring Man and Rex: Obvious first party picks
Team Rocket: I know they are kinda impossible, but if there is a time for them is now, with Pokemon Let's Go. And they are my dream picks.
Celica and Lloyd before Paper Mario
I'm done

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ain't our fault y'all are so young. I've been on this site since I was 14, and I'm about to turn 20. One day you'll be an old ******* like the rest of us.
Well, I want to still be playing like Choco (that Japanese ZSS). Turning 30 next month, and he's not the oldest Japanese smasher I know!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Turning Smash into Street Fighter will kill the series imo. I can't deal with stick tilting combos. Hell I can barely play Pokken or do a Smash Hadouken.

I feel like the reboot needs to at least keep the platform fighter nature of the game, as at the core, that's Smash (per the E3 direct: "Smash is an action game about hitting other characters off the screen". While a reboot will change most of the game, it should still feel like a Smash game or you're going to alienate literally everyone that has played the game up to this point while attempting to make yet another 2D fighter.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
As the default, you know what I meant.
With Smash Ultimate, now it is considered a "default" or normal mode alongside timed and stock battles. It's no longer relegated to Special Smash anymore.

Yes, I can try again, but I don't know when can I stop, Mr. Blue-Haired Ninja. This sort of thing always spike up here for me, and it's even fun!
Just a quick question.
Why do you call people by their avatars? Isn't it just easier to use their username?
Just asking out of curiosity.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
Are middle schoolers even allowed on this site?
Someone probably said this, but 13 is the youngest you can join (I tkred to get In around this time and I wouldn't let me) so to re-iterate, please don't start disregard my posts because of age, writing has and always will be a gift of mine, so if you pick out anything childish, just point it out to me and I'll try to improve moving forward, thank you
Edit, sorry for being less than humble, but this entire account started as an attempt to see if I could converse witn people who thought I was older than I was (and then forgot to hide my birth year lol) without giving it away and before deciding I was bored and posting on the gamertag thread, it worked, as far as I could tell. Anyways, the point of this post was to ask for advice on writing, but it came out very braggy, and I apologize for that. Also, I primarily use mobile, so the typos have nothing to do with writing ablity
Didn 't mea to derail the thread, whoops

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ain't our fault y'all are so young. I've been on this site since I was 14, and I'm about to turn 20. One day you'll be an old ******* like the rest of us.
Actually...Some of us were already lurking this forum when we were slightly underage. I may have been luring this when I was like, eight or nine and getting in the games in general.

Someone probably said this, but 13 is the youngest you can join (I tkred to get In around this time and I wouldn't let me) so to re-iterate, please don't start disregard my posts because of age, writing has and always will be a gift of mine, so if you pick out anything childish, just point it out to me and I'll try to improve moving forward, thank you
I agree with this post, for me I do agree because while my age may seem like about close to the minimum, I'm a mature person by nature. Let's say my mental age is 20. But I am also open to criticsm.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
My boy, there is one thing you must learn at that young age and that is not to say that you are gifted at writing.
Be humble my son.

No I am a high schooler, I usually just read the conversations though I am trying to contribute more.
Good on you!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Can we have a new Smash bingo card? Seeing as there currently isn't any time limit before the Direct comes.

This. This happened.

We're getting Underwater Santa for Smash
Petition for Sakurai to do this at the beginning of the Smash segment of the direct pls.
Given how monkey paw wishes work, we'd end up with Sumo Santa from the Clayfighter series.

But then we'd get Bad Mr. Frosty at the same time, so it all works out.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't have attachments to the Paper Mario series. And I am kinda disturbed he is made of actual paper. The reason are purelly oppinion as you can see. They are not relevant for discussion.
...okay now that's a funny reason genuinely it's one I've never seen before. So thank you for a nice simple and clean reason

D

Deleted member

I was 14 when I joined this site so I can safely say you'll all eventually look back and think "man, I sure was an idiot"

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Just a quick question.
Why do you call people by their avatars? Isn't it just easier to use their username?
Just asking out of curiosity.
I may start calling peoples by the username. I just find it funny if I start using the avatars, but maybe it's better to call by usernames now that I'm growing up, Mr. Misery Brick.
I do realize about it, but I thought it'd be interesting if I did that by the former case (That answer to that former question).

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't have attachments to the Paper Mario series. And I am kinda disturbed he is made of actual paper. The reasons are purelly opinions as you can see. They are not relevant for discussion.
I swear I don't mean this in a demeaning way, but being disturbed by Paper Mario is really funny to me for some reason.

Now I want a Paper Mario slasher horror game. Only you just give people paper cuts.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was 14 when I joined this site so I can safely say you'll all eventually look back and think "man, I sure was an idiot"
I think I had an account here back in middle school but I may have lost it and joined again in 2012. Was in between 11th and 12th grade then... so I was like... 16?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know what would be cool, a Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia style mobile game but with Smash Bros. DFF:OO allows characters who couldn't appear in Dissidia fighting games and have them interacting with characters from the other games in the series. Do it the same with Nintendo Characters and potential 3rd party newcomers who couldn't make it into Smash proper.

It could be a good alternative for the full blown story mode that would take a very long time in development.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
'I was an idiot'

More like, 'I sure was childish', that's how it feels to me. However I've learned to mature quickly now, and I'm pretty sure it goes for some of us here :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This roster consider Vergeben correct, so it contains Incineroar, Isabelle and Ken.
Unique Fighters (11):
Confirmed
Skull Kid: Not because of some chairs, he looks really likely due to assist trophy replacement.
Dillon: Among the other assist trophy absences, he seems to be the most likely. He has lots of potential anfd it seems about time to promote this IP.
Incineroar: Seems like he is the one who gonna be heavily featured in the anime, just like Greninja, Lucario and Mewtwo were last time.
Celica: Fire Emblem needs more reps. Now seriusly, If we are getting a FE newcomer it is her.

Echo Fighters (12):
Confirmed
Ninten: Seems really easy to implement and makes a lot of sense. He is Lucas's echo since he does not have a yo-yo.
Black Knight and Shadow: There was a really similar model to Black Knight on Castle Siege, that is now gone for no obvious reason, parhaps to avoid confusion with a now playable character. Shadow's Assist trophy is likely gone gone as well. Black Knight was a DLC pack 3 mii costume along with Chrom and K. Rool. And with Dark Samus and Dark Pit it seems we are getting some dark themed echo fighters.
Dixie Kong: Change Diddy's Up-B, give him Tiny Kong's Feather Bow, and ta-da, Dixie.

DLC (07):
Team Rocket: I know they are kinda impossible, but if there is a time for them is now, with Pokemon Let's Go. And they are my dream picks.
This roster has Celica on it, so it gets a thumbs up from me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Was 18 going on 19 when I joined the site. Also it was literally a week after I finished High School (more like an extra semester before I graduated).

Now i'm 23 and finished College looking for work. I'm an old geezer now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Smash was 'rebooted' after Ultimate, I just want new movesets for all characters from 64 and Melee.

Most of them need the re-imagining.
Yes, please.

It's clear that some movesets have come to exist because of time constraints and hardware limitations like Falcondorf, kick-Samus, and misrepresent a character entirely.
I really would like to see movesets redone in a way that really exemplifies the game they come from.

Also, instead of this Shulk:
Monado Buffs.gif

Can I get this Shulk:
Monado Speed low.gif

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
snip
Unique Fighters (11):
Confirmed

Echo Fighters (12):
Confirmed

DLC (07):
I'd be very satisfied with that roster even if it does have a few that didn't need to get in IMO like Dante and Team Rocket.

Dillon would be an rather interesting one too.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My brain is still stuck in 2008, so I still get confused seeing people born this side of 2000 on the internet. It's like, aren't you people too young to even know what ****posting is, let alone indulge in it?

Anyone who tells you wisdom comes with age is lying, I'm proof of that. :p (seriously, though, there is a lot more to it than that)

I'm not even that old, really, just trying to meet my bull**** quota of the day

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

'I was an idiot'

More like, 'I sure was childish', that's how it feels to me. However I've learned to mature quickly now, and I'm pretty sure it goes for some of us here :p
I feel like an old man saying this but just you wait 2 or 3 years and you'll see I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom