• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero

The reason why :ultzss: lost her bust line...

Watch out Pyra...

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Alright so what match-ups will you look forward to with the veterans and current Ultimate newcomers?

For me:
:ultbowser:vs :ultridley: vs :ultkrool: vs :ultyoshi: vs :ultpokemontrainer: vs :ultgreninja: vs :ultbowserjr:
Full fledged reptile/amphibian battle!

:ultryu:vs :ultsnake:vs:ultrichter:vs:ultroy:vs:ultike:
Bandana Squad! (Just need Waddle Dee)
:ultwolf:vs.:ultsnake:

:ulticeclimbers:vs.:ulticeclimbers:vs.:ulticeclimbers:vs.:ulticeclimbers:

:ultmario::ultkirby::ultdk:vs.:ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultkrool:

My :ultpit::ultlucario::ultwolf:vs. Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester 's:ultbowser::ultridley::ultkrool:

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Go ahead and do it you know I can come back at you 100% IGuess
I WARNED YOU

Paper Mario? Pfffft the game doesn't need more Mario characters
His last two games were pathetic and weren't up to the standarts of TTYD and 64
The Paper Mario series is one of the worst selling Mario francises ever, so why spend development resources on a failure?
Literally any character has more personality than a piece of paper lol
The Shantae thread has more replies than the Paper Mario's

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just in case it means something, for relief or whatever.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Last thing I want to say on the 9/11 thing (I'm sorry, this has probably already gotten annoying for a lot of you, it has for me too), if for whatever reason Nintendo cannot do the Direct on Monday, and they have to do the Direct on Tuesday to beat out Famitsu, then they should and will do the Direct on 9/11.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm just going to put my top 5 for every smash game out there so you can get a basic idea of my favorite newcomers by smash game.

SSB:
:jigglypuff64: > :dk64: > :samus64: > :link64: > :kirby64:

SSBM:
:ganondorfmelee: > :peachmelee: > :bowsermelee: > :mewtwomelee: > :younglinkmelee:

SSBB:
:snake: > :sonic: > :pt: > :metaknight: > :wolf:

SSB4:
:4ryu: > :4cloud: > :4megaman: > :4bowserjr: > :4lucina:

SSBU:
:ultridley: > :ultsimon: > :ultkrool: > :ultchrom: > :ultrichter:
Here's mine. I started with Melee, so I'm counting the 64 characters with that one.

SSBM: :mariomelee: > :samusmelee: > :foxmelee: > :ganondorfmelee: >:luigimelee:

SSBB: :ike: > :charizard: > :diddy: > :zerosuitsamus: > :metaknight:

SSB4: :4megaman: > :4littlemac: > :4ryu: > :4pacman: > :rosalina:

SSBU: :ultridley: > :ultdarksamus: > :ultsimon: > :ultkrool: > :ultinkling:

Ultimate's is pending since we don't know who's left, let alone how many. Something crazy we aren't thinking of could still happen.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm just going to put my top 5 for every smash game out there so you can get a basic idea of my favorite newcomers by smash game.

SSB:
:jigglypuff64: > :dk64: > :samus64: > :link64: > :kirby64:

SSBM:
:ganondorfmelee: > :peachmelee: > :bowsermelee: > :mewtwomelee: > :younglinkmelee:

SSBB:
:snake: > :sonic: > :pt: > :metaknight: > :wolf:

SSB4:
:4ryu: > :4cloud: > :4megaman: > :4bowserjr: > :4lucina:

SSBU:
:ultridley: > :ultsimon: > :ultkrool: > :ultchrom: > :ultrichter:
SSB: :mario64: > :link64::samus64::pikachu64::falcon64:

Melee: :drmario:>:peachmelee:>:bowsermelee:>:linkmelee:>:pichumelee: (didn’t unlock :mewtwomelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::gawmelee::roymelee:)

Brawl: :sonic:>:zerosuitsamus:>:snake:>:lucario:>:pt:

4 3DS/Wii U: :4pit:(Uprising Pit) >:rosalina:>:4palutena:>:4duckhunt:>:4robinm::4robinf:>:4littlemac:

4 DLC: :4ryu:>:4bayonetta2::4bayonetta:>:4corrinf:>:4cloud:

Ultimate: :ultinkling:/:ultridley:/:ultkrool:>:ultsimon:>:ultdaisy:>:ultchrom:/:ultdarksamus:>:ultrichter:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I WARNED YOU

The Paper Mario series is one of the worst selling Mario francises ever, so why spend development resources on a failure?
why do i feel like collateral damage to this bickering

Iridium

Smash Hero
Alright so what match-ups will you look forward to with the veterans and current Ultimate newcomers?

For me:
:ultbowser:vs :ultridley: vs :ultkrool: vs :ultyoshi: vs :ultpokemontrainer: vs :ultgreninja: vs :ultbowserjr:

:ultpichu: vs :ultridley:
Cute vs Creepy
:ultsimon: vs. :ultzss:
:ultlink: vs. :ultcloud:
:ultchrom: vs. :ultfalcon:
:ultsamus: vs. :ultridley:
:ultgreninja: vs. :ultinkling:

And for the sake of 8 character matches, :ultlink::ultmario::ultsamus::ultdk: vs. :ultganondorf::ultbowser::ultridley::ultkrool: or simply :ultlink::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmario::ultdk:.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I WARNED YOU

Please don't do this...

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
The 8 most recognisable characters against each other would be fun
:ultmario::ultpacman::ultsonic::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultsamus:
If we’re taking one from each franchise, I’d say it’s these guys.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

The reason why :ultzss: lost her bust line...

Watch out Pyra...
Fun as she would be, her Treasure cohorts have more of a chance, unfortunately.

An AT of her would be neat tho.

why do i feel like collateral damage to this bickering
At least Graizen Graizen wasn't caught in the bloodshed again.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I WARNED YOU

-Mario is the most recognizable gaming franchise of all time and there's also only 8 Mario characters, 7 if you don't count Daisy. Seems a bit low to me actually.
-It's time to boot Star Fox then? This did not matter during the Ballot and I'm not sure why it matters in general as it means nothing for his Smash chances
-SPM sold 4.23 million copies and also sales have never seemed to matter for a first party rep, and it's a bold leap to call them "failures" when the first 3 were critically well received and still beloved today.
Ah...this feels just like the good old days. Thank you Iguess.

StormC

Smash Hero

For me:

Cute vs Creepy
Can't go wrong with...

:ultmario::ultlink::ultdk::ultsamus: vs. :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley:

The fact that we can finally play out this battle after 20 years is nothing short of amazing. (I'll be playing on the villain team...)

:ultcloud: vs. :ultsnake:

The two Sony boys. Or them teaming up too, whichever works.

:ultmario::ultlink: vs. :ultmegaman::ultryu: vs. :ultsnake::ultsimon:

Team Nintendo vs. Team Capcom vs. Team Konami. (Bayonetta is halfway between Sega and Nintendo so Team Sega is currently still looking for fighters.)

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

For me:

Cute vs Creepy
:ultpokemontrainer: VS. :ultmewtwo:
I mean they never actually got the chance to fight one another in a proper Smash title as one was missing in one iteration over the other. Plus, it'd be nice to simulate what happens in that fateful moment within Cerulean Cave.
:ultsimon: VS. :ultsamus:
Their series spawned the name/genre "Metroidvania", so it's only fitting they duke it out.
:ultbowser:/:ultkingdedede: VS. :ultkrool:
Pretty simple, they're all Kings, just of completely different domains. I think it'd be fitting to see one or the other, or maybe a free for all between the three.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more obvious ones you could do that I can't think of rn.
I expect a reveal trailer at the end.
Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything more than that.
Like maybe also an echo that correlates with the reveal trailer, but I highly doubt it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is there some ACTUAL trashing of Paper Mario?

Bruh, TTYD is one of the greatest games of all time. Don’t even come at me with that ****.

Paper Mario would be a great pick for a newcomer. Even if he IS Mario, his moveset would be entirely different to any other Mario you could add to Smash.

While I don’t consider it a likely prospect, Paper Mario in Smash gets me going. Thousand Year Door is one of my favorites. I always say I want to do a play through again, but I always get new games and don’t have the time to play because of other responsibilities (new house, gf, full time job).

Anyway, Paper Mario is great. Come at me.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Bruh, TTYD is one of the greatest games of all time. Don’t even come at me with that ****.

Paper Mario would be a great pick for a newcomer. Even if he IS Mario, his moveset would be entirely different to any other Mario you could add to Smash.

While I don’t consider it a likely prospect, Paper Mario in Smash gets me going. Thousand Year Door is one of my favorites. I always say I want to do a play through again, but I always get new games and don’t have the time to play because of other responsibilities (new house, gf, full time job).

Nah, just bored and told IGuess to roast Paper Mario for some fun.

TTYD's my favorite game ever. If done right, he wouldn't share a single move with Mario.
Can I ask why you don't find him likely? Just out of curiosity as I again am bored.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

For me:

Cute vs Creepy
:ultrichter: vs :ultmewtwo::ultpikachu::ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario:
"Die pocket monsters! Ya'll don't belong in this world!"

Iridium

Smash Hero
Can't go wrong with...

:ultmario::ultlink::ultdk::ultsamus: vs. :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley:

The fact that we can finally play out this battle after 20 years is nothing short of amazing. (I'll be playing on the villain team...)

:ultcloud: vs. :ultsnake:

The two Sony boys. Or them teaming up too, whichever works.

:ultmario::ultlink: vs. :ultmegaman::ultryu: vs. :ultsnake::ultsimon:

Team Nintendo vs. Team Capcom vs. Team Konami. (Bayonetta is halfway between Sega and Nintendo so Team Sega is currently still looking for fighters.)
Maybe that Sega rep could be someone from Virtua Fighter. Maybe Akira or Jacky?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

He uh
He was blatantly joking
But hey at least I agree with your sentiment

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Well, technically Pit also uses two swords when he splits his bow in half, so it's not really that unique.
The way he uses them is unique compared to Pit and also more masterful. He doesn’t simply use them one after the other, he uses them in all manner. He is much more flowing, uses one defensively sometimes and can strike from multiple angles at once.

He’d be pretty cool because he isn’t as standard as the rest of our swordfighters. His playstyle would be quite different.

That said, we’ve established I’m more of a mechanics guy. I can easily see why another swordfighter would be boring to some, even if he would be unique mechanically.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Last thing I want to say on the 9/11 thing (I'm sorry, this has probably already gotten annoying for a lot of you, it has for me too), if for whatever reason Nintendo cannot do the Direct on Monday, and they have to do the Direct on Tuesday to beat out Famitsu, then they should and will do the Direct on 9/11.
They should have did the direct last Thursday as planned. Are they going to delay it everytime a natural disaster takes place anywhere in the world, or just when it happens in Japan?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They should have did the direct last Thursday as planned. Are they going to delay it everytime a natural disaster takes place anywhere in the world, or just when it happens in Japan?
Just whenever something in the Direct is going to make them look like insensitive assholes, probably.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Probably in Japan as that's, you know, Nintendo's home country and base.
And the magnitude was IIRC a 6.8, which is absolutely massive.
And numerous people died or are still missing.
And thousands of people lost their power.
And it would've been a god-awful date to do a Direct while Nintendo's home country is suffering extremely and act like it didn't happen.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Developing Waluigi as a character to avoid petty hate is a process that would have taken months of work to do. Avoiding petty hate for doing the Direct on 9/11 is a simple as posting their pre-recored video on one day rather then another day.

And I agree with your point that I supposedly missed. If Nintendo wants to do the Direct on 9/11, they should. The situations are completely different, one happened 17 years ago and people have moved on while the other is a recent tragic event that people are still recovering from.

But Nintendo will make a simple easy decision to slightly improve their quality of life by avoiding some petty hate they may get for having the direct on 9/11.
Stop. Saying. "Will."

Do you work for Nintendo? No? That's what I thought.

My point regarding Waluigi is that Nintendo gets hate for things regardless. Do you actually think they care about what idiots on the internet have to say about their scheduling?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So...no compassion from you I see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom