• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
I apologize for bringing up this twitter account I should be more careful next time. I just saw the tweets and didn't think much. I hope I didn't offend anyone in here.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Sakurai loving a game does not mean their characters are DLC.
Just something to remember!
I know, but the game was a success and if they're gonna do DLC, the new games with sucess looks pretty obvious choices to me, like Rex & Pyra from XC2 and Spring Man from ARMS. And for me is a real bonus that Sakurai loved the game hahaha

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I apologize for bringing up this twitter account I should be more careful next time. I just saw the tweets and didn't think much. I hope I didn't offend anyone in here.
Hey man, not your fault at all, you just posted a leak which is what we're all about. Take care.

I know, but the game was a success and if they're gonna do DLC, the new games with sucess looks pretty obvious choices to me, like Rex & Pyra from XC2 and Spring Man from ARMS. And for me is a real bonus that Sakurai loved the game hahaha
Yeah, Rex & Pyra and Springman are obvious for DLC. I just don't agree with that small bit of reasoning. I just nitpick, that's all!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I kind of expect all 3 Xenoblade protagonists to make it in the game at some point. Xenoblade has grown a lot since Smash 4.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Someone on ResetERA made a thread a day before Ridley's reveal claiming he was about to be revealed. Did the same one day before K. Rool's reveal. And they posted again this week, this time about Skull Kid.
Oh wow. A leaker has leaked Skull Kid. Yes. My least expected character. I will be very shocked if he is in the game.
Ha ha ha.

(please read this in the most robotic tone possible)

Graizen

Smash Champion
Some days ago , me and 2 friends received a PM from a Gamefaqs user
He said some leaks, i got afraid becouse i never experienced something like that.

He said the Namo Bandai reps for Smash Ultimate were Agumon and Klonoa.
And that we will get a big trailer with more than 10 minutes of CG.

He said for me to not put his nickname with the information.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I'd rather brush that Lady Bow guy off. He predicted it, but only because the prediction was very obvious. We knew Ridley was going to be in the game. Now that we know Sakurai wants to focus on fan favorites, we already know Skull Kid is going in. It's very obvious no matter you look at it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Lady Bow leaked Skull Kid and she leaked Ridley and King K Rool just days before they were revealed. I'm surprised she isn't more talked about here.
It's difficult to say whether she is a supposed leaker. Like, Ridley was already heavily rumored to show up at E3 when she made the first thread thanks to Vergeben, so it made sense to make that avatar thread to get the hype going, and while K. Rool wasn't an obvious prediction on that day, he still stood out as clearly the most wanted character that was missing, so he was still perfect for the sort of hype thread. Skull Kid is also incredibly popular now, so I'm not sure it's even supposed to be a leak as much as it's just some overconfident hype to create excitement and have a good laugh at the forum being taken over by a single character.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He said some leaks, i got afraid becouse i never experienced something like that.

Well boys, Graizen got 'em. Agumon and Klonoa are locks

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'd rather brush that Lady Bow guy off. He predicted it, but only because the prediction was very obvious. We knew Ridley was going to be in the game. Now that we know Sakurai wants to focus on fan favorites, we already know Skull Kid is going in. It's very obvious no matter you look at it.
We did not know Ridley would be in and I do not know why people keep saying this.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah, at this point, only trust Vergeben. He's our only credible source right now.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911

This definitely sounds like something you'd hear from someone you met on GameFAQs.

D

Deleted member

Someone on ResetERA made a thread a day before Ridley's reveal claiming he was about to be revealed. Did the same one day before K. Rool's reveal. And they posted again this week, this time about Skull Kid.
Oh wow, who would have thought, we totally have saw this coming.

This is why I'm glad leakers don't have as big of a spotlight as they did in the past four games. We expect characters, but what we REALLY get hyped over are the character designs fitting Ultimate and what content they'll bring to their respective franchise.

A good example, K. Rool. Do you see how GOOD he looks? AND THAT GANGPLANK REMIX? That's that good stuff, mate.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Ridley and K. Rool were absolutely not obvious predictions.

How can you call someone a lock when they failed to make it in the previous game?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Let's not revise history. We didn't know Ridley was going to be in the game.

It's difficult to say whether she is a supposed leaker. Like, Ridley was already heavily rumored to show up at E3 when she made the thread thanks to Vergeben, so it made sense to make that avatar thread to get the hype going, and while K. Rool wasn't an obvious prediction on that day, he still stood out as clearly the most wanted character that was missing, so he was still perfect for the sort of hype thread. Skull Kid is also incredibly popular now, so I'm not sure it's even supposed to be a leak as much as it's just some overconfident hype to create excitement and have a good laugh at the forum being taken over by a single character.
Vergeben literally didn't blow up until after E3

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm sorry if i'm this kind of guy, but I don't see how he can be believable. He claims to be insider, but is just a guy trying to predict. He was too lucky.
They can be seen as believable seeing as they predicted Ridley, seen by many as an impossibility, days before his reveal, and K. Rool, who many expected in but very few from what I saw in the 8.8 Direct, if they even expected him to be in.
I'm not saying I believe them. I am just trying to show you why casting him off as an insider is a bit silly.

He probably just took it from Vergeben who did claim that Ridley was going to make it in.
The Vergeben leak did not appear IN THE MAINSTREAM until perhaps the day after E3
Vergeben has never mentioned K. Rool.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ridley and K. Rool were absolutely not obvious predictions.

How can you call someone a lock when they failed to make it in the previous game?
Well...More of a semi-lock, actually. We didn't expect him. But now that he is in, we kinda thought that K.Rool would appear. It was true.

Skull Kid is now the next thought of train for the Smash players. I don't want to agrue more. I just cant seem to believe in even just a shred of him.

They can be seen as believable seeing as they predicted Ridley, seen by many as an impossibility, days before his reveal, and K. Rool, who many expected in but very few from what I saw in the 8.8 Direct, if they even expected him to be in.
I'm not saying I believe them. I am just trying to show you why casting him off as an insider is a bit silly.

The Vergeben leak did not appear IN THE MAINSTREAM until perhaps the day after E3
Vergeben has never mentioned K. Rool.
Insides unfortunately also make mistakes. They obviously don't know everything.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Plus, Rex & Pyra BEFORE Elma?

Ideally I’d prefer both at the same time, but if one came first, it SHOULD be Elma. She was in time for the base roster after all, and if Rex & Pyra are miraculously base roster instead of DLC, they could be a late addition.
X was not that well received in Japan, while Xenoblade 2 got promoted on the same level as Fire Emblem Awakening.

While i'm expecting Rex & Pyra as DLC, I would not be surprised they would be a greninja situation and the only exception of a character that got added from the Switch era at base, because unlike Arms, XB2 was in development since 2014 and promoted as a heavy hitter for the Switch's first year alongside BOTW, Oddyssey & Splatoon 2

Xenoblade 2 already has Sakurai bias to, because he played and praised the game, before we even knew Sakurai was working on this Smash, so I feel they are already near guaranteed for DLC

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well...More of a semi-lock, actually. We didn't expect him. But now that he is in, we kinda thought that K.Rool would appear. It was true.

Skull Kid is now the next thought of train for the Smash players. I don't want to agrue more. I just cant seem to believe in even just a shred of him.

Insides unfortunately also make mistakes. They obviously don't know everything.
I think you missed the whole point of my post?
Lady Bow has, from what I know of them-admittedly only that they predicted K. Rool and Ridley-not made any mistakes so I don't see why that's relevant.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Vergeben literally didn't blow up until after E3
That's just not true. ResetEra paid a lot of attention to his claims, especially as it lined up with what their moderators had been hinting previously, and the entire Ridley thread on this board were putting all of our hopes into E3. Like, you can just go back to the E3 pages of that thread, it was a do or die moment for us.

Vergeben was already known as a fighting game leaker prior to any of his Smash leaks, even if his record was somewhat iffy, so he did turn some heads.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
X was not that well received in Japan, while Xenoblade 2 got promoted on the same level as Fire Emblem Awakening.

While i'm expecting Rex & Pyra as DLC, I would not be surprised they would be a greninja situation and the only exception of a character that got added from the Switch era at base, because unlike Arms, XB2 was in development since 2014 and promoted as a heavy hitter for the Switch's first year alongside BOTW, Oddyssey & Splatoon 2

Xenoblade 2 already has Sakurai bias to, because he played and praised the game, before we even knew Sakurai was working on this Smash, so I feel they are already near guaranteed for DLC
Didn’t X do better in the West though? I think Sakurai takes worldwide appeal into account (which is also why he didn’t make Takamaru playable — very few people outside of Japan are familiar with him)

Troykv

Smash Master
I love it because I appreciate how unabashedly different it tries to be, yet it still is able to maintain that FE feel.

Holy War is at the top for the same reason.

I'm one of those few people that didn't start with Blazing Sword, as my first game was a copy of Radiant Dawn that never made it back to the Blockbuster we borrowed it from... It's so hard for me to go backwards to GBA FE because the games just feel lesser: smaller cast, smaller maps, no skills and I don't like the soundtrack. Literally the only thing that saves Sacred Stones from being in the bottom two tiers is L'Arachel.

And I just never got the appeal of Lyn or Hector after being enamoured by Micaiah and Elincia.

...I didn't like Ike either.

...Maybe my tastes are just really weird.
I have problems playing FE7 after playing the rest of the series too; at least FE6 is challenging.

I also I prefer the Female Protagonist Micaiah instead of Ike (but I guess that is a bit obvious xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom