• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At this point, I will legit be shocked if Skull Kid doesn't show up.

Not because I necessarily want him(I do), but he's literally the character all these people won't shut up about. If they all get btfo'd at once, it's going to be very eye opening.
The problem is that no one reliable is saying it, it's just a bunch of wannabe leakers who go with what is considered the safest bet atm, and if they then get it right out of sheer luck they can ride the attention train a bit longer. I don't even agree that he should be considered a safe bet, as much as I want him I feel like his chances are being blown a bit out of proportion. He's got a solid chance, nothing more.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Plus, Rex & Pyra BEFORE Elma?

Ideally I’d prefer both at the same time, but if one came first, it SHOULD be Elma. She was in time for the base roster after all, and if Rex & Pyra are miraculously base roster instead of DLC, they could be a late addition.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
For the sake of this thread, I would really appreciate it if the discussion about the slur and whatnot stops right here. I can already foresee some bad stuff happening as a result of this topic continuing.

I know it is not my place to direct the conversation, nor do I have any authority over anyone, but for the sake of keeping this discussion on track, as well as keeping peace in this thread, I believe we're better off dropping this now.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Ideally I’d prefer both at the same time, but if one came first, it SHOULD be Elma. She was in time for the base roster after all, and if Rex & Pyra are miraculously base roster instead of DLC, they could be a late addition.
Man if we got 2 Xenoblade reps in base game...that'd be chaotic.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I'm not really arguing who should be in first over the other. It's just considering the timing I can't see them making it in the base game, and if by a miracle they did I'd really love to hear Sakurai talk about how he did it.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, clocks. All aboard 'Japan time' times again. Ol' days...

We need the Direct soon, everything is upside down. Getting the direct so near and now in the limbo is twisting everything: third parties revealing things at their will, cheesy leaks, the fear about Smash spoiler at any time, cats and dogs living together... This is insane.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
Wow. what a pleasant thing to come home from soccer practice too.
I don't believe this leak, not just because of the racial slur (Side tangent, It is literally incomprehensible to me that anyone in the year two thousand and eighteen can genuinely believe that either race or gender makes someone better or worse, regardless of how the person actually see the word, I feel like backing up my position is a good idea but because of that fact that most of the predictions a very safe, aside from Bayonetta 3 and the next Yoshi having anything to do with Labo, all of the information is very logical, and with larger but less frequent directs, I would expect they would attempt to get in around 3 WOW announcements to keep it memorable.
However, the slur is 60% of the reason I believe this leak, no one this high up would be kept around this long if they were friends with/are this person, Nintendo is famous for ethics, anyone who, even in jest, used this slang would be likely be terminated.
Also, sorry for continuing this discussion, I'm just a very slow typer

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Red text incoming

Yes, I know that I am not a moderator. I am not entitled to forcing peoples. But, for the love of God...Can you please STOP talking about that racist tweet? This is getting way out of hand! Can we talk more about the impending doom with that clock, which was posted by LOZ, rather than that racist tweet? I know LOZ lost credibility but still, no more posts about that tweet, please!

D

Deleted member

That guy's Rex ""leak"" is hilarious.
THAT'S JUST HIS BASE XC2 MODEL, YOU COULD LITERALLY TELL FROM THE LIGHTING ON HIS SKIN. And I SWEAR that has to be either the cutscene where you meet Morag and Brighid. As my man Shofu says, "THERE'S JUST NO WAY."

Man, all these leakers gonna get the M U S K E T if they keep playin' with my heart like this smh

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

Agreed. Elma needs to be playable before Rex and Pyra. Sakurai loved XC2 so there's no question they're gonna be DLC. Elma needs to be on the base roster to happen

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
At this point, I will legit be shocked if Skull Kid doesn't show up.

Not because I necessarily want him(I do), but he's literally the character all these people won't shut up about. If they all get btfo'd at once, it's going to be very eye opening.
I mostly want it to be true (because i want him too) so that 2 rooms in a row teasing a newcomer becomes a stronger thing and naysayers will have to think twice before calling some people crazy again, lol
This will literally be me then –>
1536293656747.png

I don't put the whole room thing at the top of the hint list, nor consider it a hint at all… I'm not that naive… but still… it would be hilarious if it turns out to be true, it will certainly make people reconsider.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Agreed. Elma needs to be playable before Rex and Pyra. Sakurai loved XC2 so there's no question they're gonna be DLC. Elma needs to be on the base roster to happen
Sakurai loving a game does not mean their characters are DLC.
Just something to remember!

Lady Bow leaked Skull Kid and she leaked Ridley and King K Rool just days before they were revealed. I'm surprised she isn't more talked about here.
Who?

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Boy this has been an interesting couple of days. Any word on how Japan is doing right now..?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I mostly want it to be true (because i want him too) so that 2 rooms in a row teasing a newcomer becomes a stronger thing and naysayers will have to think twice before calling some people crazy again, lol
This will literally be me then –> View attachment 162408
I don't put the whole room at the top of the hint least, or consider it a hint at all… I'm not that naive… but still… it would be hilarious if it turns out to be true, it will certainly make people reconsider.
If the room thing ever got confirmed I'd have to dip out of Smash speculation any time something like that pops up because talking about furniture became a legit conversation.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I do wonder why the title has "beware spoilers" and all of you cry of the potential Famitsu reveals when all you have been doing for the last summer has been reading every leak ever.
I really don't get it, it's only when we're getting close to actual reveals people suddenly become petrified of the prospect of having the reveal ruined for them, despite the fact they we've been speculating for so long
What? explain...
a person predicted k rool and Ridley the days before their respective reveals. The same person predicted skull kid on Wednesday, right before the delayed direct

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, whad I miss, I might have just not been paying attention, but it looks like the thread title changed while I was asleep last night, wha happened?
Preemptive measures due to the Direct delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom