• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They're LOZ icons!

I mean unless you're arguing the franchises should have very few reps in general
I mean in those DS rosters people are making. If there were only two Zelda characters, Zelda should get in before Ganon does considering the franchise has her goddamn name in it
Well she's a stalker who is obcessed with Robin either way and she is vastly more popular than Morgan. I think it could go either way.
It would be out of place for Robin to pair up with Tharja when she's literally just another unit.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Right...I wasn't telling lies. It was just my prediction, my feeling.

It appears I was wrong. I will go to sleep now as my punishment...
Then perhaps specify that next time? The way you phrased your statement made it sound final and could give people false hope, which isn't very cool, ya know.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

I really like Crobat, so I don't really get scared of Golbat's. It's a bit funny. Imagine that in 3D.

Mew... has an interesting design. I wonder what would happen if the design stayed like that, in the games, movies, and Smash too. Imagine this in 3D.
Poison is one of my favorite pokemon types, if not my absolute favorite. And yes, Crobat is simply awesome.

D

Deleted member

The "Reset the Clock" have started again on twitter.
Is the Serebii guy saying it? If he is, then that probably means that Nintendo's sending things to press and the new date will be announced soon.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
@coonmonger on Twitter is supposedly tweeting leaks pertaining to the direct. Could be fake but at least it's something.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Is the Serebii guy saying it? If he is, then that probably means that Nintendo's sending things to press and the new date will be announced soon.
Actually, Loz started it. Why would Serebii start it? I mean, he's a huge Pokemon fan. It's just weird for him to be a LoZ fan.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean in those DS rosters people are making. If there were only two Zelda characters, Zelda should get in before Ganon does considering the franchise has her goddamn name in it

It would be out of place for Robin to pair up with Tharja when she's literally just another unit.
To be fair, a lot people don't even remember Zelda or recognize her as anything unless they confuse her with Link.

Ganon is an iconic villain, however, which garners more importance than a character who plays second-fiddle to a character the games aren't even supposed to be about. She's an important character, but to have Link without Ganon in a game that's supposed tp represent the series? That doesn't sit right by me. It's just like having Luigi and Jigglypuff in 64, when there were characters vastly more important to implement, but they only got in because they were easy to make.

Granted, that doesn't help Ganon since he's a clone, but still. There's a reason she and Ganon came together just like Peach and Bowser did too: Both are essential.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Loz started it. Why would Serebii start it? I mean, he's a huge Pokemon fan. It's just weird for him to be a LoZ fan.
I'm a huge LoZ fan, while not a huge Pokemon fan I still very much enjoy the games. Don't think it's weird to be both

D

Deleted member

He's considered to not only be very respected in Pokemon circles, but also just in general Nintendo fandom circles as well. Plus, Pokemon will more than likely have a plug in the Direct, so there's that too.

I could be wrong, though. Just some speculation on my part. :p

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

I think Ganondorf fits more as a fighter imo in a limited roster, give he is the final boss and is arguably better as a character to remake that battle in Smash. I'd definitely put Zelda in as a character, but for the roster thing, I'm, and a few other people, are trying to add much more needed variety through other characters and series.

As for Tharja, she's become one of the more prominent characters in Awakening outside of the main trio. I mean it's for obvious reasons, but regardless she still has a tether to Robin despite the one sided nature of it unlike anyone else.
Also for Morgan, it may require more work than necessary given you'd have to swap models and voice lines just for an FS unless they keep it as just F!Morgan. I think Ignis is more likely as a FS, but I'd still rather see the Pair-Up mechanic as it.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
To be fair, a lot people don't even remember Zelda or recognize her as anything unless they confuse her with Link.

Ganon is an iconic villain, however, which garners more importance than a character who plays second-fiddle to a character the games aren't even supposed to be about. She's an important character, but to have Link without Ganon in a game that's supposed tp represent the series? That doesn't sit right by me. It's just like having Luigi and Jigglypuff in 64, when there were characters vastly more important to implement, but they only got in because they were easy to make.

Granted, that doesn't help Ganon since he's a clone, but still. There's a reason she and Ganon came together just like Peach and Bowser did too: Both are essential.
I have to disagree. As much as I love Ganondorf, he is certainly the third main character to the series. This series is based off of Link and Zelda and their various reincarnations over the years and their destiny. Just look at Breath of the Wild, Ganon is such an after thought.

D

Deleted member

You can basically write off any leak that promises Mother 3 coming overseas in any way, shape, or form.
I personally stopped taking it seriously after Odyssey DLC. Then I got to the Mother 3 part and laughed. I then cried on the inside as I remembered it will never, ever happen and that hurts my soul.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'll be honest, while not my favorite Pokemon I'm really warming up (no pun intended) to the idea of Incineroar in Smash. I kinda like his design and a wrestling/grappling-based moveset spiced up with some Fire- and Dark-type attacks could be really interesting.

I'm not gonna complain if he ends up not being the Pokemon newcomer - if we have one at all - but I'd dig his inclusion.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I wouldn't write this guy off just yet.

He's saying he's going to provide real leaks at 6:00 EST, or 38 minutes from this post.

Lets see how it goes.
I'm pretty sure leakers claim to say that, just to get attention. Just ignore him, and move on, no offense.

That's the sort of trick they use. I've fell for that, so I know about it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I wouldn't write this guy off just yet.

He's saying he's going to provide real leaks at 6:00 EST, or 38 minutes from this post.

Lets see how it goes.
Lol I definitely would write him off.
Can't wait to see his PhotoShop skills.

...Are we just gonna ignore that blatantly racist Twitter handle?
Just noticed. Geuinely disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom