• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If/WHEN Bandana Waddle Dee gets in Smash.

I'd like to see him use some of the new Stick ability moves with his spear. Slinging himself with his spear and throwing it above him where it spins.

It's looks like an ability to fill in the gaps to his moves without giving him another weapon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How about this for a Final Smash?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Uhhh, I'll say this here too I guess

I picture a cut scene Final Smash where he calls on the helpers to help beat down his opponent .

D

Deleted member

I still think Megaton Punch is the perfect choice for Bandana Dee's Final Smash.
Remember, that was where he made his debut.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I still think Megaton Punch is the perfect choice for Bandana Dee's Final Smash.
Remember, that was where he made his debut.
Imagine the One Punch Dee memes.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
On the other hand, this is definitely true for Krystal and especially Gardevoir. Not the only reason they're popular, of course.
Gardevoir is humanoid, bipedal, and doesn't resemble any known animal. Not furry by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The winner was Decidueye, and the other starters didn't do too bad either. Thing is, I did notice that more seem to be as vocal about Primarina as Incineroar. And Crabrawler, expect it to evolve into a Crabominable later due to loss.

Next up are more Gen 7 Pokemon, half of these are mysticals for obvious reasons and a certain Pikachu lookalike. Your picks are Magearna, Tapu Koko, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And begin.
Although I'm personally in favour of Decidueye but wouldn't object to any other potential character, I'd say Mimikyu might probably be quite the surprise addition if Sakurai decided to make it the 'Playable Representative' of Sun and Moon for Smash Bros. It's got a lot of popularity thanks to it's backstory about wanting to be just as loved as Pikachu - could be able to pull from a good range of attacks, from say using it's stick for melee attacks to Fairy or Ghost type attacks for ranged attacks.

Heck, I was pondering early a special ability it could use would be it's Disguise ability - Kinda like a counter, Mimikyu could take one hit and shrug it off, but it's disguise breaks and needs time to recover before using it again - perhaps give Mimikyu a speed buff but slightly weaken it in exchange...? Either way, I'd have no problem with who we get for a Sun and Moon Pokémon. But Mimikyu would be a pretty surprising underdog pick, even if I'm inclined it's also fairly likely to be a Poké Ball assist.

Though even after what I've considered, I'm kinda leaning towards 'Maybe I wouldn't mind Mimikyu being added...'

D

Deleted member

You already know the real answer is furries. Same reason why Wolf is so popular.
Are you a furry yourself?
If this is a joke, try to be safe with them. That joke sounded so realistic. If not, well you are missing the case. Wolf was added because of his popularity in the Star Fox series, not because of "furries demanding him". Sakurai did not do it for the furries, they were too little of them and too little of importance too add a Wolf compared to the casual fans who liked Star Fox and would be excited to see him. Can you tell me if this is a joke or not?
Can we please not argue about furries, this is supposed to be a Smash speculation forum where things are kept civil. If you wanna argue about that go to 4chan. Now can we please get back to Smash Switch speculation. Thanks
I have to agree with you. Lets be civil here, I like it. The annoying arguments just annoy me outright.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I voted for Lycanroc in the poll. I like the rock wolf, though I'd prefer Dusk Form or Midday because I really dislike the Midnight form.
Though we all know who's likely going to win. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
They seem more like animals than people. I mean, it would be like kicking a dog.

Edit: Plus there's the issue of their limited attack animations. Although Lycanroc does have a tail, so it's not as bad as it could be.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
And what is that reason exactly?
'Cause they suck (jk). I don't hate quad fighters anymore (had to adjust my opinion because of my love for RoA), but I don't see why people act like they're some demographic that needs to be addressed. If anything we should get more characters without legs, that just float slightly above stage. Maybe ones that look like fancy lamps possessed by a ghost or something...

D

Deleted member

Also I don't want him in the game.
That adds nothing to your arguement. It's purely subjective.

'Cause they suck (jk). I don't hate quad fighters anymore (had to adjust my opinion because of my love for RoA), but I don't see why people act like they're some demographic that needs to be addressed.
I agree with you there, honestly.

If anything we should get more characters without legs, that just float slightly above stage.
You mean like Dark Ma-

Maybe ones that look like fancy lamps possessed by a ghost or something...
...I see you're a man of culture as well.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Oh yeah, I voted for Lycanroc in the poll. I like the rock wolf, though I'd prefer Midnight or Midday because I really dislike the Midnight form.
Though we all know who's likely going to win. :rolleyes:
I think you meant to say, "I'd prefer Dusk or Midday because I really dislike the Midnight form." :laugh:

I like all three designs, and I can honestly say that I'd be fine with any of them in Smash (and I don't really care that much if we get another quadruped character). Though if I had to guess which one was more likely, I'd say Dusk form. Not just because of the anime, but also because Japan really seems to like that form.

They seem more like animals than people. I mean, it would be like kicking a dog.

Edit: Plus there's the issue of their limited attack animations. Although Lycanroc does have a tail, so it's not as bad as it could be.
It shouldn't be that hard to create some attacks for them. All three of them have claws and fangs. Add in a few simple rock-based moves for their aerials and you've got yourself a decent moveset for both bipeds and quads alike.

Last edited:

Chron

Smash Journeyman
I think Mimikyu is definitely a possibility. Didn't Jigglypuff get in 64 because of her popularity in the anime?
(Chandelure for Smash 5!)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Jigglypuff got in mainly because Sakurai wanted another character who played similar to Kirby.
I thought it was more because Mewtwo was too hard to make in development but Jigglypuff(who did get in due to anime popularity) was vastly easier since it could be a Kirby clone to a degree, which made development easier. So both factors were relevant.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Nah nah nah, Bandana Dee would actually take work. You want a 4th Kirby character? I got one that's easy to put in that looks bad*** and has a bad*** theme to go with him. The greatest and the most powerful (but not necessarily the strongest) warrior in the galaxy.

And that bit about him being the greatest and most powerful but not the strongest? That's actually from the Kirby wiki. Because nitpicking over a Kirby game is a thing. "Dark Meta Knight's pause description in Kirby: Triple Deluxe describes Dark Meta Knight as the "shadow of the strongest warrior", hinting that the title has been taken from Galacta Knight. However, it should be noted that Galacta Knight has been referred to as the greatest and the most powerful, not necessarily the strongest. "

In all seriousness though, I'd be totally down for Bandana Dee getting into Smash.

D

Deleted member

Galacta Knight's my favorite Kirby character so I'd be down for having him in Smash, but I'd be pretty disappointed if he was a full clone. I'd at least make him a semi clone since he has so many unique moves.
That said, Bandana Dee and Dark Matter come first.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, the best option I can think of for moveset potential beyond Bandanna Waddle Dee is Adeiline. Art-based attacks, the paintbrush, and could become quite creative ideally. Literally and figuratively speaking.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Galacta Knight is boring to me. Just Meta Knight all over again. I much rather Knuckle Joe if not Bandana Dee. Why am I even commenting on this again?

Ghirahim for Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Galacta Knight is boring to me. Just Meta Knight all over again. I much rather Knuckle Joe if not Bandana Dee. Why am I even commenting on this again?

Ghirahim for Smash.
Not calling you out specifically, but I'll never understand some fans' fascination with Knuckle Joe in Smash. It's like wanting a Chargin' Chuck or a Lizalfos in Smash, IMO. Nothing wrong with that as far as wanting it, but when people bring him up as a serious contender it just confuses me.

D

Deleted member

Knuckle Joe? And people are complaining about Bandana Dee being a "generic enemy"? Really?
Even then, Kirby covers the majority of the fighter ability's moveset. I can't get behind it.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Not calling you out specifically, but I'll never understand some fans' fascination with Knuckle Joe in Smash. It's like wanting a Chargin' Chuck or a Lizalfos in Smash, IMO. Nothing wrong with that as far as wanting it, but when people bring him up as a serious contender it just confuses me.
Gonna play Devil's Advocate here for the sake of discussion but isn't Bandana Dee hardly any different? He's literally just like any other of his species but he's got a pathetically easy 'boss fight', some minor dialogue in Meta Knight's Revenge and I can't even call him unique for being playable since Superstar allows many enemies to become playable, including Knuckle Joe. Oh, and he wears an extra piece of attire that others of his kind don't.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gonna play Devil's Advocate here for the sake of discussion but isn't Bandana Dee hardly any different? He's literally just like any other of his species but he's got a pathetically easy 'boss fight', some minor dialogue in Meta Knight's Revenge and I can't even call him unique for being playable since Superstar allows many enemies to become playable, including Knuckle Joe. Oh, and he wears an extra piece of attire that others of his kind don't.
Bandana Dee is playable in games without the Helper gimmick though, like Return to Dream Land. I think he was around in Rainbow Curse too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom