• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
They're not happy because they're making him use someone else's move, they're happy he's not as much of a Falcon clone as before.
Now he's a Falcon-Ike-Cloud clone.
I didnt realize that Ganondorf became a Chrom Echo. Darn.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh yeah guys, did we get any new images, the last one I know of was the Idolm@ster Leak but it got debunked because the person didn’t crop out the cursor.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
A very ironic dilemma when you think about it. But I do kind of think that Ganondorf's f-smash would hit harder, and its KO power would only really be rivaled by King Dedede's f-smash.
It hits NOTHING harder. Haha. I mean it doesn’t only hit nothing, but....hell, you know what I mean.

If it’s a problem for Ike, then it’s worse for Ganondorf. Luckily, they both get buffed anyways, but it seems like Ike has the better end of that deal and a new, badass up air to boot.

Ganondorf is one of my favorite video game characters ever, so my bias commands that I complain. I wasn’t on any Smash forum until this one, so I missed all other chances to be aggravatingly aggravated. :mad088:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
At least his d-smash is better at least.
It’s....kinda the same? I know itMs more like Cloud’s now, but is it much different having a sword hit front and back than his feet? Is it faster? Looked to me like it has less range on first hitbox.
But, yeah, if it is, please tell me the juicy details.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know...

Usually in Fire Emblem, players end up using the low end weapons (Iron and Steel Weapons, Basic and El- Tomes), because it's significantly more cost effective.

Maybe the better utility of Robin's Arcthunder over Thoron is a reference to that.
That'd be a neat reference.
If we were gonna go fully accurate though, Nosferatu shouldn't be there.

But if the FE:A Tactician class could use Nosferatu, the game would break itself even harder, lol.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It’s....kinda the same? I know itMs more like Cloud’s now, but is it much different having a sword hit front and back than his feet? Is it faster? Looked to me like it has less range on first hitbox.
I'm mostly certain it's actually faster.

Also...

Not much, but it's something.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It might be, but the fact that it's a weapon at least means he has a disjoint on it.
So even if it was exactly the same, there's at least that.

KMDP

Smash Legend

But if the FE:A Tactician class could use Nosferatu, the game would break itself even harder, lol.
This has an easy explanation. Robin convinced Tharja to teach him/her how to use Dark Magic (in gameplay terms, "how to use Shadowgift", I guess).

Being the crazy stalker she is, she agreed without question; just so she had an excuse to spend more time with Robin.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I'm mostly certain it's actually faster.

Also...

Not much, but it's something.
I guess it is. I should have noticed that since I play Ganon just as much as my main. I’m also worried about the loss of his original up smash. That thing was butter.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I had a great idea for Link. To be closer to his game, let’s have the Master Sword run out of energy and only be able to be used in a few minutes. Obviously this means most of Link’s moveset is null, which means he has to look for items.

Also, let’s make it so that Villager can pick up 16 items to stay true to New Leaf.

Also everytime Sonic is hit, he immediately goes up to 999%, and has to pick up at least one randomly spawned ring to go back to 0%

Also Megaman is immediately KO’d when in contact with anything spikey.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I had a great idea for Link. To be closer to his game, let’s have the Master Sword run out of energy and only be able to be used in a few minutes. Obviously this means most of Link’s moveset is null, which means he has to look for items.

Also, let’s make it so that Villager can pick up 16 items to stay true to New Leaf.

Also everytime Sonic is hit, he immediately goes up to 999%, and has to pick up at least one randomly spawned ring to go back to 0%

And to defeat Ganondorf you have to reflect his projectile. :troll:

potato69

Smash Apprentice

if mario doesnt lose half his height after he gets hit I'm not buying the game

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Cloud really shouldn’t be able to move around during a match. And where is his ATB bar? How does he know when he can act?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

The avatar rather be a Dark Flier, use Galeforce/dance/Rescue to boost herself to the boss and ORKO with Celica's Gale. Nosferatu itself isn't very good overall anyways. It is only useful in 3 maps. Say'ri, Validar and the filler map after Validar. In all 3 Morgan does Nostanking and the the latter 2 are for avatar as surviving in those chapters is not very reliable. She goes Dark Flier again in the Aversa map because movement > dark magic.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
To compensate, using his roll dodge to dodge anything activates Flurry Rush (and you thought Witch Time was annoying?)
Also, using n-spec in midair also slows everyone down so you have more time to aim it.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
To compensate, using his roll dodge to dodge anything activates Flurry Rush (and you thought Witch Time was annoying?)
Also, using n-spec in midair also slows everyone down so you have more time to aim it.
Also Bowser gets his Jumps from Super Mario 64.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I don't know why people are upset that Cloud was so good in Smash4.

Sakurai outright stated that he practically intended for him to be Top Tier and even was careful of not making him to powerful. I bet Square-Enix demanded that Cloud would be a strong character as well. Cloud probably was one of the few characters designed intentionally to be really good by Sakurai.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Ike is Today's Fighter.

"Ike's side smash attack is extremely powerful, but it leaves him open, so you'll need to read your opponent's moves carefully. You can choose between his Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn costumes."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If they do another Adventure mode, I hope they use actual Nintendo enemies
That's what I really want.

Ooh! New topic idea! What are your most-wanted generic enemies for Smash Run and/or Adventure Mode?

It's baffling how Smash Run didn't have Eggplant Wizard.

I really would like to see Animal Crossing characters as enemies... I think they could work as enemies.

Blanca
1535940382501.png

Jack
1535939947978.png

Wisp
1535940019088.png

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I wish one of the fire emblem reps was a Pegasus rider. That would have been friggin’ neat to see.
I don't know why people are upset that Cloud was so good in Smash4.

Sakurai outright stated that he practically intended for him to be Top Tier and even was careful of not making him to powerful. I bet Square-Enix demanded that Cloud would be a strong character as well. Cloud probably was one of the few characters designed intentionally to be really good by Sakurai.
You know why. You KNOW and I know you know. People know you know I know and we both know that.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ubisoft published it so Rayman himself makes sense to be playable though I doubt it hurts his Smash chances, unless there’s some rule that video game characters can’t be in more than one crossover fighting game.

*coughmegamanryupacmancough*

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
That's what I really want.

Ooh! New topic idea! What are your most-wanted generic enemies for Smash Run and/or Adventure Mode?

I really would like to see Animal Crossing characters as enemies... I think they could work as enemies.

Blanca
View attachment 161447

Jack
View attachment 161445

Wisp
View attachment 161446
I would feel just terrible beating up any animal crossing characters.

I think the best thing for AC enemies, if any, would be some mean gyroids or just tarantulas/scorpions like in New Leaf.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Robin is. Like how do you even play Robin? He's so slow and is useless without the Levin sword. I cannot play as him at all.
Robin is a lot more useful than Ike and Roy...and you okay him like a tactician (so don’t waste all of your tomes and levin sword energy)
Maybe we can get that with the next FE:A character added.
Tharja, Cordelia, Sumia, Fredrick or Lissa?
Him and Tempura Wizard need to join Smash in some capacity

Chrono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom