• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
d- did you NOT know what /v/ was?
I did. But knowing and seeing are two different things. Not like it was worse than other things I’ve seen, internet or not, but I didn’t think that’s what everyone was getting leaks from. Lol

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Tharja, Cordelia, Sumia, Fredrick or Lissa?
I was 100% being facetious. I know you are as well. But this joke cannot be reverberated.
No more Awakening characters. I can deal with Fire Emblem. Not Awakening. No more.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I did. But knowing and seeing are two different things. Not like it was worse than other things I’ve seen, internet or not, but I didn’t think that’s what everyone was getting leaks from. Lol
WELL from what I understand **** is usually leaked on there. The anonymity helps with both not getting caught and ****ing with people.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard a rumor that someone was going through the source on the music page of Smash Bros and found the Mushroom Icon, which may indicate a Mario song being uploaded next

I don't have a source for this, I was wondering if someone else did.

That could potentially be bad for Geno's chances assuming the "Music Theory" is true.

Roberk

Smash Champion
this.

"Hey, Sakurai, why is my speedy sword man with blue blade beams slow and short-ranged?"
"Character balance"
"Oh, OK."

7 months later.
"What? Balance? **** BALANCE, THIS IS MOTHER-****IN' CLOUD STRIIIIIIIIIFE. WE GONNA PUT ALL THE REFERENCES IN."
mfw

I guess E tier is a nice place to hang out along with Adult Link and Shulk.
The worst part of this is that Adult Link actually gets blade beams in Ultimate. When he is at 0%, Link can shoot blade beams from the Master Sword, referencing the original LoZ.
This would make Ike's horrendous side smash at least a bit better Sakurai, if only for a good reference. Why does only Link get it? I'd rather have a blade beam projectile than a longer ranged Eruption.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I heard a rumor that someone was going through the source on the music page of Smash Bros and found the Mushroom Icon, which may indicate a Mario song being uploaded next

I don't have a source for this, I was wondering if someone else did.

That could potentially be bad for Geno's chances assuming the "Music Theory" is true.
Why would a Mario song hurt Geno's chances also what is the "Music Theory"?

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
They're not happy because they're making him use someone else's move, they're happy he's not as much of a Falcon clone as before.
Now he's a Falcon-Ike-Cloud clone.
Now we just need to replace his standard B with..........

Peach's side B.

Perfect character, 10/10 game

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nevermind. Those people are scary. I saw a Metal Sonic leak and the first response was amongst the worst words in the English language. Are we just allowed to post whatever without making an account? What is this mess? Why are there so many angry people too cowardly to have an identity? How many things do they expect me to suck? Why do they immediately hate everything? Sadomasochism incarnate. I was there less than a minute!
You kinda get used to it all after a while. It's easy to lose yourself in the anonymity of it and just be mean. Alternatively, it is nice to be able to really speak your mind without worrying about repercussion. I've become much more cynical with my postings online in general over the course my time there. Monitoring Smash threads in specific you see the same old ****, and it's easy to become jaded because of that. Of course, I've managed to retain some of my sanity, but /v/, or 4chan in general, is not for the faint of heart.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It would make the matches so much cooler, it sucks how every fighting game has this but we don't.
That's because every other fighting game is balanced around super moves.

Smash is not. And adding a mechanic that does not fit into Smash could have disastrous consequences, on top of the fact that I honestly don't expect Sakurai to be able to balance Smash Ultimate's entire cast, much less the more ridiculous final smashes.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
In addition to the ones we had, I'd like to see more Zelda stuff

Lynels
I'm calling it- a Silver Lynel is going to be the boss behind Master and Crazy hand.
None can defeat the almighty Silver Lynel.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would a Mario song hurt Geno's chances also what is the "Music Theory"?
That only 1 song per franchise is going to be uploaded on the Smash website and if that franchise is getting a newcomer that song will come with or shortly after the character is revealed such as the Castlevania Song or Gangplank Galleon.

Part of the reason for that is because there is more franchises left than weeks until release so they probably wouldn't double up franchises. At least they haven't so far

Pakky

Smash Hero

Don't tease me I like this :(

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Hey, Kaibu. Remember the time Yugi Moto took out all 3 egyptian gods when faced against Yami..."
Original YGO kinda lost the flair for me when the card games got too repetitive. Not in the sense that they're bad because the formal rules didn't even exist until Battle City, but Yami was way less vicious than he was in the past. Like, this ****?

He literally executes a man by hanging.

yugi shad 18.png

And then there's the first time he actually did **** in a card game and PUT KAIBA IN A COMA
yugi shad 10.jpg

Kinda went from an anti-hero to just a hero. I mean that's fine, but I missed the rad no mercy Yugi more than just Yugi with slightly more confidence.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
That's because every other fighting game is balanced around super moves.

Smash is not. And adding a mechanic that does not fit into Smash could have disastrous consequences, on top of the fact that I honestly don't expect Sakurai to be able to balance Smash Ultimate's entire cast, much less the more ridiculous final smashes.
And we don’t want a rerun of PSASBR

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
That only 1 song per franchise is going to be uploaded on the Smash website and if that franchise is getting a newcomer that song will come with or shortly after the character is revealed such as the Castlevania Song or Gangplank Galleon.

Part of the reason for that is because there is more franchises left than weeks until release so they probably wouldn't double up franchises. At least they haven't so far
So it's another case of fans coming up with how they think the game/advertising is being handled and clinging onto it like it's fact, yeah?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
WELL from what I understand **** is usually leaked on there. The anonymity helps with both not getting caught and ****ing with people.
I think it has more to do with the fact that other boards have steadfast and aggressive rules against leaks.
I guess that's the truce the forums had to make with gaming divisions long ago.

Long ago, before the great divide, when we were given leaks into our ears and didnt even know it.
The days of long before...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So it's another case of fans coming up with how they think the game/advertising is being handled and clinging onto it like it's fact, yeah?
"chances" in general are a fan made up thing so fan made up things change the perception of other fan made up things

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was 100% being facetious. I know you are as well. But this joke cannot be reverberated.
No more Awakening characters. I can deal with Fire Emblem. Not Awakening. No more.
Boy, do I have a clip for you!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Now way they would reference a Nintendo title in a multiplatform game.
Yeah they would..many companies have..Persona 5 has a blue Famicom and parody NES games, like a parody of Punch Out!! There are many others..The Easter Egg Hunter has a Nintendo Easter Egg video featuring games not on Nintendo consoles.

Last edited:

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
I think a good way to handle DLC is that 6 months after release they announce things like soundtrack packs, alternate costumes and stages that you can purchase in the Eshop. It will be fair because I despise how with games like Soul Calibur and Spiderman they are announcing DLC before the game even releases. :facepalm:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I can't trust loz, honestly. I think he got real info for the E3 direct in advance, leaked it, and has since used that to say whatever. I was willing to let some of the direct info being wrong slide but iirc he said he figured out K. Rool was a character based on rough timestamps from a script direct, so how could he get multiple pieces of information wrong about the direct?

I think he used his credibility, made 2 educated guesses, got one right, and has since been wishy-washy on whether or not Skull Kid is a character or boss. The problem is, his old PM from months prior that turned up said he was CERTAIN about Rool and Skull Kid, but he since backpedaled, and that backpedal exists after the 8/8 direct where even a general audience can gather Skull Kid is a boss/character based on his continued absence while The Moon was made into an Assist Trophy.

The fact that he's admitted to speculating/trolling a bunch 100% means you can't really trust anything he says at this point, and unless he drops something big that's dead on like the E3 leak, I won't trust him again.

Could be wrong here. Was wrong about Verge but I think loz has acted way more sketchy than Verge

Pakky

Smash Hero
Here's a question what would your reaction be if anyone of these characters appeared in Maro Tennis out of nowhere.

:ultbayonetta:
:ultsnake:

:ultpacman:

:ultridley:
:ultkrool:

:ultryu:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's a question what would your reaction be if anyone of these characters appeared in Maro Tennis out of nowhere.

The only one that would make sense is K. Rool, it wouldn't really be Mario Tennis with the rest of those being not really Mario.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

If Bayo's super in Aces isn't her just ****ing punching the **** out of a tennis ball with Madama Butterfly I'll riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom