• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Nevermind. Those people are scary. I saw a Metal Sonic leak and the first response was amongst the worst words in the English language. Are we just allowed to post whatever without making an account? What is this mess? Why are there so many angry people too cowardly to have an identity? How many things do they expect me to suck? Why do they immediately hate everything? Sadomasochism incarnate. I was there less than a minute!
Yeah, freedom of opinion/speech and thick skin are both cool things to have. Surprisingly, safe-spaces do more harm to you than good.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's a question what would your reaction be if anyone of these characters appeared in Maro Tennis out of nowhere.

:ultbayonetta:
:ultsnake:

:ultpacman:

:ultridley:
:ultkrool:

:ultryu:
"Neat."

Though at that point, I'd have to wonder why don't they just make "Smash Sports." or "Smash Kart" or whatever too.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Here's a question what would your reaction be if anyone of these characters appeared in Maro Tennis out of nowhere.

King K. Rool wouldn't be too surprising, he kind fits.
Ridley would just be weird seeing as how (if I remember correctly) Samus isn't even in
Pacman would be a fun cross over
Bayonetta would be a confusing cross over
Ryu and Snake would be ****ing WEIRD

IronTed

Smash Ace

All of those additions would make me laugh, especially Bayo and Ridley. Never been a Mario Tennis fan, but I would probably buy the game just to play as those characters.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Boy, do I have a clip for you!
"Enough is enough, no more shall I do. You win the cup of the gobbley goo."

...Does anyone else remember that game? The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary
It was from 1992, though I knew if from Computer class in Elementary school in 2000.
For being an in school game, it was pretty trippy. And slightly educational.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Though at that point, I'd have to wonder why don't they just make "Smash Sports." or "Smash Kart" or whatever too.
With Link, Inklings and so on, I'm surprised they don't just embrace it.

D

Deleted member

Don't tease me I like this :(
AIGHT, I'M GONNA CORROBORATE THIS FOR MY RPG MEN AND WOMEN HERE.

As we've seen in the E3 presentation, we now have - for Ness - Paula and Poo to support Ness for PK Starstorm (canonically it's really only Poo since he's the only character to use it in the game), and Kumatora and Boney for Lucas. BUT, Jeff is an assist trophy, yet we STILL haven't seen the missing link on Lucas' side...

And that's Duster.

Isn't it weird how we have pretty much every MOTHER party member and Duster ISN'T around? :megamindthink:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Yeah, freedom of opinion/speech and thick skin are both cool things to have. Surprisingly, safe-spaces do more harm to you than good.
Freedom of speech and opinion are cool things to have, but relentless negativity and aggression aren't.

4chan users have their right to speech, but if they use that speech to be assholes, we can use our free speech to complain about how they're assholes.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
AIGHT, I'M GONNA CORROBORATE THIS FOR MY RPG MEN AND WOMEN HERE.

As we've seen in the E3 presentation, we now have - for Ness - Paula and Poo to support Ness for PK Starstorm (canonically it's really only Poo since he's the only character to use it in the game), and Kumatora and Boney for Lucas. BUT, Jeff is an assist trophy, yet we STILL haven't seen the missing link on Lucas' side...

And that's Duster.

Isn't it weird how we have pretty much every MOTHER party member and Duster ISN'T around? :megamindthink:
Yeah but Assist Trophies

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I get that Yugioh is not going to be in the game (I'd argue that's not a joke, even if it isnt said to be taken seriously).
My point was that the random scene shown was just a random scene shown.

Bomberman...
I da
I get that Yugioh is not going to be in the game (I'd argue that's not a joke, even if it isnt said to be taken seriously).
My point was that the random scene shown was just a random scene shown.

Bomberman...
Come now. I can't tease myself like that.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Freedom of speech and opinion are cool things to have, but relentless negativity and aggression aren't.

4chan users have their right to speech, but they use that speech to be ******** we can use our free speech to complain about how they're ********.
As bad as they are, the Overwatch forums are worse to me. Lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

4chan users have their right to speech, but they use that speech to be ******** we can use our free speech to complain about how they're ********.
The sad part is, it has a mix of nice people that honestly want to socialize, and a bunch of hateful, contrarian vocal minorities with too much time on their hands. Especially at summertime.

But I digress, my point is, we should try to be better than that right now, with all the leak lunacy going on. Do not cave into the info drought.

D

Deleted member

Yeah but Assist Trophies
But how would Duster differentiate from the other assist trophies that has stuff like projectiles and the smoke bomb item? Duster in MOTHER 3 throws wall staples, which already a good amount of assist trophies use projectiles; I don't see him really using the Hypno Pendulum to make people go to sleep, so when you look at him as an assist, I don't know how he could be differentiated with what he does in his own game.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Just a thought, if Mike Jones gets in.

He’ll be the very first Western only Nintendo character in Smash.

Diddy, K.Rool, and Dark Samus don’t count since their games were still released in Japan.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace

That's why thick skin is so nice to have when you encounter subjects that you may think are "offensive". With it, you're also able to open up more to other things and realize that other people have different opinions, and while some of them may seem radically different to yours, they're still allowed to have them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, things you think are "negative" or "aggressive" are actually both major parts of free speech.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't know how he could be differentiated with what he does in his own game.
He uses a duster to dust things idk
Or maybe he'll just steal from Clint and use a burning log to beat people to death.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
But how would Duster differentiate from the other assist trophies that has stuff like projectiles and the smoke bomb item? Duster in MOTHER 3 throws wall staples, which already a good amount of assist trophies use projectiles; I don't see him really using the Hypno Pendulum to make people go to sleep, so when you look at him as an assist, I don't know how he could be differentiated with what he does in his own game.
He kicks people with his bad leg and then gets debilitated for the rest of the match.

Enchess

Smash Lord
That's why thick skin is so nice to have when you encounter subjects that you may think are "offensive". With it, you're also able to open up more to other things and realize that other people have different opinions, and while some of them may seem radically different to yours, they're still allowed to have them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, things you think are "negative" or "aggressive" are actually both major parts of free speech.
Um, yeah, I know. I'm not a child. I think you have some massive misconceptions about me.

Saying "you should kill yourself" or "I hope someone ***** you" is free speech, but its still ****ty and the people who say those things are also ****ty. They have the right to say that stuff, but we all have the right to see them for the filth they are when they do.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh yeah this one text rumor played with my heart.

It said Shantae AND Joker were in Smash and Joker had a Mementos stage and every Phantom Theif got an Assist Trophy... As ridiculous as that sounds I’d totally want that to be real...

D

Deleted member

He kicks people with his bad leg and then gets debilitated for the rest of the match.
BUT SEE, THAT CAN BE LIKE A REVERSE LITTLE MAC CASE AAAH.

**** dude, a September Direct and just release in general can't come soon enough.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
loz18 may or may not be full of it, but he's claiming something is happening on Wednesday, based on those screencaps.

Guess we'll see.
He's not. He was joking.

Edit: Not joking, but specifying it could be anytime at this point. Tmrw or a month from now.

Don't tease me I like this :(
And if they do, it'd be Porky and Bandana Dee 100%

And for echoes: Dixie, Ninten and Dark Meta Knight.

Hey you never know!

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

More accurately, negativity and aggression are intrinsically woven into the human condition. Free speech is the right to express and communicate any thought accompanied by any emotion.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Just a thought, if Mike Jones gets in.

He’ll be the very first Western only Nintendo character in Smash.

Diddy, K.Rool, and Dark Samus don’t count since their games were still released in Japan.
If sakurai won't add a character that's japan only there isn't a chance in hell he'd add a western only one

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman

Literally no one is denying that. They are just saying that they dont like how much of a asshole people are. Doesn't mean they dont have a right

Last edited by a moderator:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Probably because unlike the Mother games, StarTropics was made as straight Western as you can possibly get as a Japanese developer...
I recently read that Mother was made as a parody to American life.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
BUT SEE, THAT CAN BE LIKE A REVERSE LITTLE MAC CASE AAAH.

**** dude, a September Direct and just release in general can't come soon enough.
All I know is that Smash won’t be the only one to release on December 7....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom