• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Maybe it's an early render still being worked on? Shulk and Falco's renders both received slight changes after the game's reveal, and considering that this render hasn't been revealed, nor is likely being revealed anytime soon, it'd make sense for it to be rough around the edges.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.
What gets me is not that it's similar to an existing render of Banjo. I'd expect an accurate, professional model for Banjo to be super close to his original.

It's that it's really similar to a fan-made model and render of Banjo. One which is honestly not great to look at and not super accurate on its own.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Well the render definitely makes Banjo look alot more appealing compared to his previous looks so ill give it that

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean the one chracther i want isnt gonna be in smash ever so i have No horse in this race
I just think Lyn is overated And she wouldn't be unique enough
On the contrary, I think that she'd be more unique then most lance or axe users. The bulk of those guys would just swing their pointy stick of choice around, but Lyn's at least got speed doubles to help her stand out. Imagine using those for all of her smash attacks. Besides, her character design stands out a lot compared to Ephraim or Hector.

Nothing against Ephraim or Hector, I just don't think they'd have much in the way to really stand out from the current cast.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Or their luscious hair, various water or fairy moves, or even general seal inspired things like a beach ball. You can do a lot without proper arms when you have so many other tools to work with.
I mean... Primarina actually does have arms that it can use in a human-like manner anyway, it’s technically an anthro Pokemon since you can consider it to basically be a mermaid rather than a realistic sea lion. It can stand completely upright by using its fin as a single foot, too.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Out of boredom I rewatched the August Direct again and man, it's still a great selection of news. So I felt like posting a new way for the thread to keep going:

What were your 3 favorite announcements that day? Here are mine:
  1. Fountain of Dreams HD hell yeah!!!
  2. Dark Samus means that all the major Metroid characters people wanted in Smash are all in, geez! I don't think anyone would have suspected this was happening in either the Brawl OR Smash 4 days.
  3. King K. Rool finally joins the battle, it was a long time coming but all the waiting was worth it.

D

Deleted member

Alright, now that it's the new day for us West Coast boys like me and Zinith...

IT'S SEPTEMBER, EVERYONE! THE STAKES HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE HIGHER!
GET READY FOR LEAKS TO RISE LIKE THE ARMS RACE, AND MAY GOD BE WITH US FOR A DIRECT!

Screenshot (939).png

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

GET READY FOR LEAKS TO RISE LIKE THE ARMS RACE, AND MAY GOD BE WITH US FOR A DIRECT!

View attachment 161116
im sorry, but can you please turn down the megaphone, some of us are trying to sleep

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I don't know why they even bothered. THe current of design doesn't have either
Sakurai will probably go with the classic design for inspiration

Nuts and Bolts design was weirdly squarish and blocky. It didnt look too good
Rounder designs tend to be more appealing.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 161116
your like over 12 hours for a lot of country's.... lol
General Relativity is annoying I know

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh boy... Idon Idon , you wanna take this?
The first part I kinda agree with.
Many people do like her purely because she is a "waifu" character.
I like her regardless howevever, because she's just plain cool.

The second part is, frankly, ignorant.
She fights nothing like anything that has come before or since and she would very easily translate into Smash.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Don’t be angry. I am bringing up the chairs, but only because someone talked to me about the direct and we had some fun with it.

Chairs are for sitting. Sitting in the corner would be a place for a time-out for a kid. A kid could get in trouble for being told on by a tattle tale.
Tatl and tael tell on Skull Kid.

Then there’s the possible Banjo-Kazooie book and the SILVER SKULL that looks like a Mumbo token for Mumbo Jumbo to the lower left of the book(Our right). And to end the direct off we have the suspicious Rayman cloud above and to the left of K. Rool(our right)when he runs at Donkey Kong just before the leap into the Sun scene.

Banjo, Skull Kid, Rayman.

My first and only predictions on Smash Boards and they are based on chairs, a blurry book and a cloud. And I think at least one will be in the next non echo reveal. May I Rest In Peace.

Night everyone!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Don’t be angry. I am bringing up the chairs, but only because someone talked to me about the direct and we had some fun with it.

Chairs are for sitting. Sitting in the corner would be a place for a time-out for a kid. A kid could get in trouble for being told on by a tattle tale.
Tatl and tael tell on Skull Kid.

Then there’s the possible Banjo-Kazooie book and the SILVER SKULL that looks like a Mumbo token for Mumbo Jumbo to the lower left of the book(Our right). And to end the direct off we have the suspicious Rayman cloud above and to the left of K. Rool(our right)when he runs at Donkey Kong just before the leap into the Sun scene.

Banjo, Skull Kid, Rayman.

My first and only predictions on Smash Boards and they are based on chairs, a blurry book and a cloud. And I think at least one will be in the next non echo reveal. May I Rest In Peace.

Night everyone!
Maybe it's a version of stockholm syndrome, but I can understand 4chan when they call Smash fans delusional.
It's an okay crack theory, but you're actually being serious so the above point still stands.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yo, is it safe to pre-order Smash with the GC Controller and Adapter on Gamestop?

I wanna just buy them together since I have no interest in the pro controller, but the thing says a 12/31 release date for the controller and adapter.
Bumping this just to be sure.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second and point out that the Duck Hunt Dog doesn't use his own body for most of his attacks and Ivysaur has a pair of vines to use in the place of arms. Basically both of them have workarounds for their lack of arms.

But I'm a Silvally supporter so I definitely don't think body type is a deal breaker, and Primarina could simply use her tail for many of her attacks the way Mewtwo does.
It's hard for me to imagine a a character that's solely on all fours making it as a playable fighter. You mentioned Duck Hunt and Ivysaur having various ways to get around that, but if a character doesn't? Hard to see them being playable. Of course, this is just my personal opinion and I'm not stating that as fact. Feel like I gotta say that or someone will pop in and think I am.

It's one reason I don't feel strongly towards Lycanroc outside of his Midnight form, and why I think Incineroar really fits many things of what I'm looking for for a new Pokemon rep. I've honestly really, really warmed up to the idea of Incineroar and his design is very aesthetically appealing to me.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
It's an okay crack theory, but you're actually being serious so the above point still stands.
People say TV isn’t influential, but I loved Sherlock Holmes(Robert Downey Jr.). And he uses even the smallest details. The difference is, he’s fictional and super intelligent. And I’m REAL dumb. And I accept that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The first part I kinda agree with.
Many people do like her purely because she is a "waifu" character.
I like her regardless howevever, because she's just plain cool.

The second part is, frankly, ignorant.
She fights nothing like amything that has come before or since and she would very easily translate into Smash.
At the very least, their statement made me realise Lyn's not in my sig.

Yet.

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Wha
On the contrary, I think that she'd be more unique then most lance or axe users. The bulk of those guys would just swing their pointy stick of choice around, but Lyn's at least got speed doubles to help her stand out. Imagine using those for all of her smash attacks. Besides, her character design stands out a lot compared to Ephraim or Hector.

Nothing against Ephraim or Hector, I just don't think they'd have much in the way to really stand out from the current cast.[/QUOTE Uh Ephiram would be unique He would be the first lance in smash

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Parrappa The Rapper. Besides Nintendo characters. Out of the big 3 big consoles (X Box Nintendo PlayStation) Parrappa the was the only one I actually liked who wasn’t Nintendo. And Sack boy, I guess.

He’ll never happen, but hey.
View attachment 161005
It suddenly occurs to me...
Parappa the Rappa has the same voice as Shangela the drag queen

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's so fun to go back and see everyone's reactions and thoughts about Ultimate over the course of this thread.

Go back to the first page, you'll see people discussing when Smash NX would even come out, and what kind of game it'd be.

Go back to page 405, you'll see people reacting to the reveal on March 8th, along with a lot of "this game's coming out way too soon, it's gotta be a port" talk.

Page 1539 signals the start of E3 reactions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Who do you guys predict will be announced in the next direct? I'm thinking.

Newcomers:
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Isabelle (Villager)
Shadow (Sonic)

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
It's so fun to go back and see everyone's reactions and thoughts about Ultimate over the course of this thread.

Go back to the first page, you'll see people discussing when Smash NX would even come out, and what kind of game it'd be.

Go back to page 405, you'll see people reacting to the reveal on March 8th, along with a lot of "this game's coming out way too soon, it's gotta be a port" talk.

Thank god it isn’t a port.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Go back to page 405, you'll see people reacting to the reveal on March 8th, along with a lot of "this game's coming out way too soon, it's gotta be a port" talk..
I think you mean enhanced port. That was my favorite buzzword for a while.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I'm one of those poor people that go to the end of the page and only look for links hoping to look for picture leaks only to find people talking about the leaks and having to look back for the leaks they are talking about since the mods here refuse to update the leak thread that they posted super late

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Just a daily reminder I hate the way my main looks in Ultimate and it hurts my soul. Proceed. :p
You know, you remind us daily that the way your main looks in Ultimate hurts your soul.

But I'll tel you this Over! You should cheer up! Because no matter how ****ty her model or design is, or how much you know it could be better, at least

Zamus is in this game (and so is Ridley and D.Samus now)

Zamus is actually a playable character in this game, and that's much more you can say than for Krystal, or Bomberman, or Ashley, or Waluigi, or Midna, or for any of the other characters that didn't make it in Ultimate!

You've got your high heeled Zamus, but at least you've got Zamus!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Almost forgot the most important benchmark.

Page 2812 marks the start of August 8th reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom