• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I updated my prediction roster again.
Base Roster:
  • Shadow: A popular character within the Sonic fandom that's easy to make and would please a lot of people.
  • Isabelle: Again, she's a massively popular character, practically being the face of the Animal Crossing series, and would be relatively easy to implement.
  • Ken: Dude's the original clone character, and is iconic in his own right.
  • Incineroar: Out of the remaining Pokémon newcomers, he seems most likely, given his prominence in the Pokémon reboot movie and Litten/Torracat's rising prominence in the Sun/Moon anime. Ash's Lycanroc can be likened to his Talonflame, and Ash's Incineroar is going to be his Greninja.
  • Chorus Kids: A moveset concept and maybe some assets for them were already made for Sm4sh, and it would make sense to incorporate them now that nothing's stopping Sakurai and his team.
  • Skull Kid: Dude's pretty popular and has been receiving some hints as of late.
  • Isaac: See above, except he's been requested for way longer and likely did better in the ballot (he had a bigger campaign).
  • Geno: Dude's the most request character at this point, and even Sakurai wants him in the game. I've got a feeling that this time around he'll make it.
DLC:
I'm only gonna explain the top three because I'm 100% confident that they'll be DLC. The other 10 are characters I'm confident that we'll see, but not 100%. I'm also confident that one of them is going to be first DLC character. If any of the above aren't in the base roster, then move him to this category.
  • Banjo & Kazooie: They've been picking up steam ever since the Ballot came around in 2016, which they also likely performed very well on. Phil Spencer's been drumming up hype for them since then as well, and with Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship being better than ever I wouldn't be surprised if they get in. I'd possibly say Steve, but Sakurai seems to be going for fan requests, and Banjo & Kazooie are likely more requested than Steve.
  • Rex & Pyra: They're two of Nintendo's rising stars, and a symbol of the Switch and Xenoblade Chronicle's success. Sakurai also loves Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which they're the main characters of, so they've got that going for them.
  • Sora: This guy practically speaks for himself. Kingdom Hearts is a massive series worldwide, and Sora fits most, if not every criteria for inclusion in Smash Bros. Don't bring up anything involving hassle with Disney, because it doesn't really exist, especially with DLC where Nintendo would be able to share profits better with Disney.
I’d be very ok with this roster.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know, I just thought of something. Why have we not considered any Ultra Beasts as potential Gen 7 candidates?

I mean, if Sakurai looked ahead while Sun and Moon was still in development and saw them essentially creating a new sub species of Pokemon, I feel like that would entice him quite a bit if he was pulling another Greninja.
People have in this very thread, to be fair, though I too often slip up and speak in general like that.
Tapu Koko is mostly who we see here.

EDIT: I'm dumb, Koko isn't an UB, and if you're looking for those I see some Buzzwole love.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, I just thought of something. Why have we not considered any Ultra Beasts as potential Gen 7 candidates?

I mean, if Sakurai looked ahead while Sun and Moon was still in development and saw them essentially creating a new sub species of Pokemon, I feel like that would entice him quite a bit if he was pulling another Greninja.
I, for one, welcome the idea of Buzzwole.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because you apparently ignored all of us who want Buzzwole. :drflip: It's not that they don't exist, it's that you don't look at it when it's plain in sight.

D

Deleted member

Alright everyone, I've got a game for you this time. Name your favorite game for each character in the roster that they appeared in, don't include those that you've never played a game for them.
Sounds fun.
:ultmario::ultpeach: - Mario Odyssey
:ultluigi: - Luigi's Mansion
:ultbowser: - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
:ultdaisy: - Mario Kart 8
:ultbowserjr: - New Super Mario Bros
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Island
:ultwario: - Wario Land 4
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
:ultgnw: - Mario Bros (G&W)
:ultchrom::ultlucina::ultrobin - Fire Emblem Awakening
:ultcorrin: - Fire Emblem Warriors
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: - Kid Icarus Uprising
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: - Breath of the Wild
:ulttoonlink: - Four Swords Adventures
:ultyounglink::ultsheik: - Ocarina of Time (I guess)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: - Kirby: Planet Robobot
:ultsimon: - Super Castlevania IV
:ultpokemontrainer::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultmewtwo: - Pokemon Sun & Moon
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley: - Metroid Zero Mission
:ultdarksamus: - Metroid Prime 3
:ultpacman: - Pac Man 2
:ultsonic: - Sonic Mania
:ultgreninja: - Pokemon XY
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: - Star Fox 64 (
I guess)

:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing Wild World
:ultrosalina: - Super Mario Galaxy
:ultdoc: - Dr. Mario DX
:ultinkling: - Splatoon 2
:ultrob: - Mario Kart DS
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 3
:ultmiifighters: - Miitopia
:ultryu: - Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Consider the rest full-on disliked games or not played.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Thinking it over, the only character on my wishlist is Elma. I have no outright desire for any other character besides her. Maybe I should play more games...

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I forgot about Isaac.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

although it's not an ultra beasts i think tapu koko has a good chance

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman

I think Necrozma will be the boss Pokemon, or Guzzlord.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright everyone, I've got a game for you this time. Name your favorite game for each character in the roster that they appeared in, don't include those that you've never played a game for them.

:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser:: Super Mario RPG
:ultluigi:: Luigi's Mansion
:ultdaisy:: Super Mario Land
:ultrosalina::ultbowserjr:: Super Mario Galaxy
:ultyoshi:: Yoshi's Island
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:: Donkey Kong Country 2
:ultwario:: Wario Land II
:ultlink::ultzelda:: LoZ: A Link to the Past
:ultganondorf::ultsheik:: LoZ: Ocarina of Time
:ultyounglink:: LoZ: Majora's Mask
:ulttoonlink:: LoZ: Four Swords
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:: Metroid: Zero Mission
:ultdarksamus:: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:: Kirby Super Star Ultra
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:: Star Fox Assault
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer:: Pokémon Crystal
:ultlucario:: Pokémon Platinum
:ultgreninja:: Pokémon Moon
:ultfalcon:: F-Zero GX
:ultness:: EarthBound
:ultlucas:: Mother 3
:ulticeclimbers:: Ice Climber
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultrobin:ultcorrin:: Fire Emblem Warriors
:ultroy:: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
:ultike:: Fire Emblem Fates
:ultgnw:: Game & Watch Gallery
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:: Kid Icarus Uprising
:ultsonic:: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
:ultvillager:: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:ultmegaman:: Mega Man 2
:ultlittlemac:: Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
:ultmiifighters:: Wii Sports Resort
:ultpacman:: Pac-Man
:ultshulk:: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
:ultduckhunt:: Duck Hunt
:ultryu:: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
:ultcloud:: Final Fantasy VII
:ultbayonetta:: Bayonetta 2
:ultinkling:: Splatoon 2
:ultsimon:: Super Castlevania IV
:ultrichter:: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Never Played
:ultsnake::ultrob::ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer:
ANY game they were in except for Smash Bros?

:ultmario::ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultbowser:: Yoshi's Island
:ultlink:: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:: Kirby Super Star
:ultfox::ultfalco:: Star Fox Adventures (I'm not joking)
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu:: Pokemon Ruby
:ultpeach:: Super Mario Odyssey
:ultdaisy::ultwario::ultvillager::ultmiifighters::ultinkling:: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
:ultsheik:: Hyrule Warriors
:ultzelda::ultyounglink:: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
:ultmarth:: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
:ultlucina::ultchrom::ultrobin: Fire Emblem: Awakening
:ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
:ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer:: Pokemon Red
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:: Kid Icarus: Uprising
:ultike:: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
:ultsonic:: Sonic Adventure
:ultolimar:: Pikmin 2
:ultlucario:: Pokemon Diamond
:ultrob:: Mario Kart DS
:ultwolf:: Star Fox 64
:ultmegaman:: Mega Man 3
:ultrosalina::ultbowserjr:: Super Mario Galaxy 2
:ultlittlemac:: Punch-Out!! (Wii)
:ultgreninja:: Pokemon X
:ultpacman:: Pac-Man World
:ultshulk:: Xenoblade Chronicles
:ultcloud:: Kingdom Hearts: re:Chain of Memories
:ultbayonetta:: Bayonetta

Not played: :ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultdoc::ultroy::ultgnw::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcorrin:

I can't exactly remember which Pokemon was in which game...

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I disagree, I like the song, and the movie redemmes itself with ironic enjoyment

Off topic, as a Latter Day Saint, I feel annoyed that people definition of mature is blood, gore, sex, and swearing, and people idea of appropriate is dumb and immature, why can't I have more intelligent topics discussed without having the aforementioned blood, gore, sex, and swearing? A perfect example of this is "Clash of Eagles" by Alan Smale, It's an alternate history book about the Romans discovering North America in the 13th century, but halfway through the book some random native who hadn't given any forewarning decided she wanted to sleep with the protagonist, and the protagonist starts swearing up a storm. Sorry, rant over (for now, bum bum BAAAAAAH!)
I was raised Mormon and the fact is, culture is culture. You came from one culture, but you can’t just change others to suit your own upbringing. What is and is not considered appropriate depends solely on what you’re used to dealing with and what you’re told. A middle finger in the U.S. is considered offensive, as well as some other areas, but it was decided by some random person long ago. A finger is no more offensive than what you choose to accept. The same goes for any other symbols, sexual orientations and connotations and most anything else.

Swearing is just sounds, but if you use English curse words on a person who knows nothing of English, it won’t mean anything because it really doesn’t. It’s just codes people decide on for specific sounds and even those codes change depending on culture and personal experience.

Don’t let it bother you. At the end of the day, poop and **** mean the exact same thing. It’s up to you to decide whether you’re offended.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Credit to Funktastic Funktastic . But Vergeben made a statement related to Smash.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9brd9z/loz18_appears_again/e55ewdi/?context=3

Anyways, he just doubled down on all of his statements regarding: Isabelle (Echo), Ken (Echo), Gen 7 Pokemon not Decidueye or Lycanroc, and 2nd Square Enix Rep.

There’s also another blow on Loz18 and it’s that Vergeben never planned to release information regarding about his one source stating that Incineroar being the newcomer since his other sources haven’t heard of it yet, if Loz18 hadn’t leaked his conversation, despite Loz18 telling him that he wouldn’t do just that.

Yikes.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer:: Pokémon Crystal

Never Played
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser:: Mario Odyssey
:ultluigi:: Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
:ultbowserjr::ultrosalina:: Mario Galaxy
:ultdaisy:: Mario Kart 8 (She's mostly a spinoff character anyway so I count it)
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:: Twilight Princess
:ultsheik::ultyounglink:: Ocarina of Time
:ulttoonlink:: Wind Waker
:ultwario:: Wario Land 4 (never actually beat it but the only other thing is wario ware and eh)
:ultyoshi:: Yoshi's Island DS (The only one I've played, sorry zinith)
:ultdk::ultdiddy:: Tropical Freeze
:ultkrool:: DKC2
:ultvillager:: New Leaf
:ultsamus::ultridley:: Prime 1
:ultdarksamus:: Prime 3
:ultzss:: Zero Mission
:ultsonic:: Adventure 2
:ultolimar:: Pikmin 3 (the only one I've played)
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainer:: Pokemon Platinum (Idk if this counts but they're technically all in the game so eh)
:ultgreninja:: Sun and Moon
:ultpacman:: Pac-Man World 2
:ultinkling:: Splatoon (the only one I've played)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
:ultpichu:comes from Gold and Silver, and has been available as a Pokémon ever since it was introduced, with the exceptions of Fire Red/Leaf Green (limited you to the original 151 until you got the National Dex) and Black and White (Pikachu wasn't able to be found in the wild).
Random thought.....Why is Peach a Princess if she's the sole Monarch of the Mushroom Kingdom?
Because Princesses are more relatable and less imposing than Queens, especially for young girls.
Principalities are a thing.
Ness being in Smash ensures that EarthBound is saved from falling into complete obscurity.
Isaac...
---
I have officially closed my poll, at some point in the near future, I'll post some of the results.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I could've sworn at least Buzzwole had a decent-sized following as a newcomer around here.

That said it is true that talk about it being a possibility has been much less frequent than it has been for the likes of Decidueye, Incineroar and Mimikyu. You make a good point here. It might be more worth looking into the possibility of an Ultra Beast being the Pokemon newcomer.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser:-Paper Mario TTYD
:ultluigi:- Luigi's Mansion
:ultyoshi:-Yoshi's Island
:ultdaisy:-Mario Kart: Double Dash
:ultdoc:- Dr. Mario 64
:ultbowserjr:-Sunshine
:ultwario:-WarioWare Touched
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultsheik:-Ocarina of Time
:ulttoonlink:-Wind Waker
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff:- Pokemon Leaf Green
:ultgreninja::ultlucario:- Pokemon XY
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:- DK64
:ultsamus::ultridley:-Super Metroid
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:- Star Fox 64
:ultvillager:- Animal Crossing City Folk
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:- Kirby 64
:ultmetaknight:-Kirby Star Allies
:ultmarth:- Shadow Dragon
:ultlucina::ultchrom::ultrobin-Awakening
:ultike:-Radiant Dawn
:ultolimar:- Pikmin 3
:ultsonic:-Sonic Adventure
:ultness:-Earthbound
:ultlittlemac:-Super Punch-out!
:ultpacman:- Pac-man
:ultmegaman:- MegaMan 2
:ultsimon:- Super Castlevania 4
:ultrichter:- Symphony of the Night
:ultfalcon:- F-Zero GX
:ultinkling:- Splatoon 2
:ultrosalina:- Mario Galaxy
:ultryu:-Ultra Street Fighter 4
:ultmiifighters:- Wii Sports

Have not played/didn't like: :ultzss::ultsnake::ultshulk::ultdarksamus::ultrob::ultdarkpit::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultgnw::ultlucas::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultcorrin::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Credit to Funktastic Funktastic . But Vergeben made a statement related to Smash.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9brd9z/loz18_appears_again/e55ewdi/?context=3

Anyways, he just doubled down on all of his statements regarding: Isabelle (Echo), Ken (Echo), Gen 7 Pokemon not Decidueye or Lycanroc, and 2nd Square Enix Rep.

There’s also another blow on Loz18 and it’s that Vergeben never planned to say that one of sources told him that Incineroar was in because his other sources weren’t sure if Loz18 hadn’t leaked his conversation, despite Loz18 telling him that he wouldn’t leak their conversations.

Yikes.
Oh huh, a Loz Leak, well let’s see here...

“So far sources say we are indeed getting Shadow as an Echo but not Dixie

Burn it with fire.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

I honestly still want nihilego, I know people love to talk about buzzwole but nihilego is just so cool to me, and it's one of the few mons that has ever been important to the plot that isn't a box legendary. Plus, rock/poison jellyfish, that's dope.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Fine, I'll do it myself.

Yall like your games so here's a game for you

Give a character suggestion that you've personally NEVER seen anyone mentioned in Smash speculation. Just someone you think would be interesting that you've never seen talked about

Mine'll be Dirk the Daring of Dragon's Lair

An arcade rep of a singularly unique genre which hasn't been touched yet (he even has a horrible nintendo game). He's got a lot of personality, could have an interesting counter mechanic where he becomes invincible for half a second if he times it perfectly, and Sakurai seems to have a thing for sword users anyways.
Amazon Pandora from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Amazonpandoraconceptart.png
She's one of the many characters from the game, but I'm kinda surprised she's hasn't been mentioned. I mean she was a one time boss in this form, despite her being mentioned and appearing multiple times as just Pandora, so I guess that makes sense, but people tend to crowd around certain aspects of characters.

Never Played
Played:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach:: Super Mario World
:ultdaisy::ultwario::ultrosalina:: Mario Kart 8
:ultyoshi:: Yoshi's Story
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:: DKC
:ultlink:: BOTW
:ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultsheik:: OOT
:ultzelda:: ALBW
:ulttoonlink:: Spirit Tracks
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:: Zero Mission
:ultpokemontrainer::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultpichu:: Pokémon Soul Silver
:ultgreninja:: Pokémon ORAS
:ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:: KI:U
:ultchrom::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultroy:: Fire Emblem: Awakening
:ultmarth::ultike::ultcorrin:: Fire Emblem Fates
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:: Star Fox 64
:ultlittlemac:: Punch Out!
:ultsonic:: Sonic Mania
:ultsimon:: Castlevania
:ultsnake:: MGSV
:ultmegaman:: Mega Man X
:ultryu:: MvC or Street Fighter Alpha 2
:ultpacman:: PAC-MAN World

Never Played:
:ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultness::ultlucas::ultrob::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:
EDIT: I just realized it said favorite games, damn it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It makes so little sense for us not to get Dixie it’s not even funny.

There’s like literally no reason at this point that she shouldn’t at least be an Echo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Amazon Pandora from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
She's one of the many characters from the game, but I'm kinda surprised she's hasn't been mentioned. I mean she was a one time boss in this form, despite her being mentioned and appearing multiple times as just Pandora, so I guess that makes sense, but people tend to crowd around certain aspects of characters.

Played:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach:: Super Mario World
:ultdaisy::ultwario::ultrosalina:: Mario Kart 8
:ultyoshi:: Yoshi's Story
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:: DKC
:ultlink:: BOTW
:ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultsheik:: OOT
:ultzelda:: ALBW
:ulttoonlink:: Spirit Tracks
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:: Zero Mission
:ultpokemontrainer::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpichu:: Pokémon Ultra Moon
:ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:: KI:U
:ultchrom::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultroy:: Fire Emblem: Awakening
:ultmarth::ultike::ultcorrin:: Fire Emblem Fates
:ultlittlemac:: Punch Out!
:ultsonic:: Sonic Mania
:ultsnake:: MGSV
:ultmegaman:: Mega Man X
:ultpacman:: PAC-MAN World

Never Played:
:ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultness::ultlucas::ultrob::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:
You’ve never played Dr. Mario?

Shroob

Sup?

There’s also another blow on Loz18 and it’s that Vergeben never planned to release information regarding about his one source stating that Incineroar being the newcomer since his other sources haven’t heard of it yet, if Loz18 hadn’t leaked his conversation, despite Loz18 telling him that he wouldn’t do just that.

Yikes.
Well, Verg's gone all in now.

It's now a matter of time until we see if he's 100% legit or not.

If he ****s this up, his track record, which was already pretty shaky, is never going to recover, the Smash community will never let him live it down like they do with Gematsu.

So here's hoping for Verg, and in no way because I totally want all 4 of his characters.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser:: Super Mario 64
:ultdaisy:: Mario Kart Double Dash
:ultdoc:: Dr Mario
:ultwario:: Mario Kart 64
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik:: LoZ: Ocarina of Time
:ultganondorf:: LoZ: Twilight Princess
:ulttoonlink:: LoZ: Wind Waker
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:: Metroid II Samus Returns
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer:: Pokémon Blue
:ultpichu:: Pokemon Gold
:ultgreninja:: Pokémon X
:ultike:: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
:ultpit::ultpalutena:: Kid Icarus
:ultolimar:: Pikmin 3
:ultsonic:: Sonic the Hedgehog
:ultsnake:: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots
:ultmegaman:: Mega Man
:ultwiifittrainer:: Wii Fit U
:ultmiifighters:: Wii Sports
:ultlittlemac:: Super Punch-Out
:ultryu:: Tie between Street Fighter II: New Challengers and MvC3.
:ultcloud:: Final Fantasy VII and maybe Dissidia
:ultinkling:: Splatoon

Never Played Games with:
:ultfalcon::ultcorrin::ultkingdedede::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultchrom::ultroy::ultrobin:ultdarkpit::ultbayonetta:

Not a huge Kirby or Fire a Emblem fan. Only played PoR and Heroes (very briefly)

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
You’ve never played Dr. Mario?
I have touched it before due to masterpieces in one of the Smash games, but I wouldn't really qualify it as playing it.
Same thing for Earthbound and Bayonetta. I have both games installed on different systems, but I've never actually touched them outside the first hour or so.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I updated my prediction roster again.
Base Roster:
  • Shadow: A popular character within the Sonic fandom that's easy to make and would please a lot of people.
  • Isabelle: Again, she's a massively popular character, practically being the face of the Animal Crossing series, and would be relatively easy to implement.
  • Ken: Dude's the original clone character, and is iconic in his own right.
  • Incineroar: Out of the remaining Pokémon newcomers, he seems most likely, given his prominence in the Pokémon reboot movie and Litten/Torracat's rising prominence in the Sun/Moon anime. Ash's Lycanroc can be likened to his Talonflame, and Ash's Incineroar is going to be his Greninja.
  • Chorus Kids: A moveset concept and maybe some assets for them were already made for Sm4sh, and it would make sense to incorporate them now that nothing's stopping Sakurai and his team.
  • Skull Kid: Dude's pretty popular and has been receiving some hints as of late.
  • Isaac: See above, except he's been requested for way longer and likely did better in the ballot (he had a bigger campaign).
  • Geno: Dude's the most request character at this point, and even Sakurai wants him in the game. I've got a feeling that this time around he'll make it.
DLC:
I'm only gonna explain the top three because I'm 100% confident that they'll be DLC. The other 10 are characters I'm confident that we'll see, but not 100%. I'm also confident that one of them is going to be first DLC character. If any of the above aren't in the base roster, then move him to this category.
  • Banjo & Kazooie: They've been picking up steam ever since the Ballot came around in 2016, which they also likely performed very well on. Phil Spencer's been drumming up hype for them since then as well, and with Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship being better than ever I wouldn't be surprised if they get in. I'd possibly say Steve, but Sakurai seems to be going for fan requests, and Banjo & Kazooie are likely more requested than Steve.
  • Rex & Pyra: They're two of Nintendo's rising stars, and a symbol of the Switch and Xenoblade Chronicle's success. Sakurai also loves Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which they're the main characters of, so they've got that going for them.
  • Sora: This guy practically speaks for himself. Kingdom Hearts is a massive series worldwide, and Sora fits most, if not every criteria for inclusion in Smash Bros. Don't bring up anything involving hassle with Disney, because it doesn't really exist, especially with DLC where Nintendo would be able to share profits better with Disney.
I hope we get around that number of unique newcomers--I'm of the opinion we may see a more even split of 4-4. I am curious, as Banjo & Kazooie are often talked about as DLC, I'm wondering where that in particular comes from? You mention 2016, though the ballot was 2015, when they were popular in the polls and Spencer gave his support around that time (of course he may not be genuine, and it's not his call). It seems like the timing seems to align for the base roster, particularly if it's ballot-driven. The only thing that makes me think they would be DLC is if the stage count we currently have is it. But if that were the case, I would think at least Isaac and Chorus Kids would get stages as well. I'm fine either way, so long as they're in--though if they are in, given the dates line up, it seems more likely B&K would be in the base game, rather than DLC.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

If he ****s this up, his track record, which was already pretty shaky, is never going to recover, the Smash community will never let him live it down like they do with Gematsu.

So here's hoping for Verg, and in no way because I totally want all 4 of his characters.
Yup, if he messes up on either of these, it’s not going to look good for him.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

There’s like literally no reason at this point that she shouldn’t at least be an Echo.
Seriously, She's one of the few big names that nintendo has that's not in smash, my girl even headlined her own game which sold over 3 million copies on a dying console, and while she's not K Rool level popular she's definitely popular in her own right. There's no reason for her not to be here and her absence will be pretty jarring.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Welp, can't say I'd be surprised, honestly...

After the March announcement, I considered Takamaru the only real lock.
After E3, I thought Ashley was a definite.
And now, I consider Dixie the most likely.

I apologize in advance, since I must be incredible at picking disconfirmations.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Leak or not, it's tough to see Isabelle and Ken NOT appearing at this point. Sakurai clearly loves Ken, for one thing.

Shroob

Sup?
So the biggest question, what reveal will it take to make people even consider him 'legit'?

Even if something like "Incineroar, Isabelle and Ken" all get dropped in the next Direct, most people will use the "Obvious in hindsight" argument.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It looks like Verg is basically our most reliable leaker right now.
Could he be wrong about some things? absolutely, but he's got a good Ultimate track record.

Never Played
Gaze upon my superior tastes!
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultluigi: Mario Odyssey/Super Paper Mario
:ultrosalina::ultbowserjr: Super Mario Galaxy
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario: Pokemon Black and White
:ultgreninja: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
:ultinkling: Splatoon 2
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: Kirby Planet Robobot
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: Breath of the Wild
:ultrobin:ultchrom::ultlucina: Fire Emblem Awakening
:ultmiifighters: Tomodachi Life
:ultsonic: Sonic Colors
:ultwiifittrainer:Wii Fit
:ultwario: WarioWare Gold

Haven't Played
:ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultkrool::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultmarth::ultroy::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultlucas::ultmegaman::ultolimar::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultdaisy:(mario land):ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultrob::ultryu::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultyoshi:(yoshi's island)

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure it's been posted before but hey, why not:
1535592268492m.jpg

A very well done compilation of ballot picks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Leak or not, it's tough to see Isabelle and Ken NOT appearing at this point. Sakurai clearly loves Ken, for one thing.
I think another thing we all should remember that Street Fighter is getting 36 songs this time around. There's no way it's just gonna be Ryu, if Street Fighter is getting THIS much love.
Speaking of which, if we're getting that much songs, THEN GUILE'S THEME SHOULD BE ONE OF THOSE 36.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
So the biggest question, what reveal will it take to make people even consider him 'legit'?

Even if something like "Incineroar, Isabelle and Ken" all get dropped in the next Direct, most people will use the "Obvious in hindsight" argument.
If they do get in, I'll believe him. They aren't exactly far-fetched, but on top of everything else he's gotten right, it would be enough to prove it for me. Right now, I don't believe him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom