• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
It's just some fan recoloring of her Xenoblade X model on 4chan.
I made the mistake of posting it here thinking it might have a chance of being real, but it isn't.
Wait wasn't there a brawl mod that showed mario and bowser's alt color before smash 4 came out? Maybe he's showing us the alt colors of the character? It's most likely fake though.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Current predictions

Newcomers

1. Skull Kid
2. Geno
3. Isaac
4. Bandanna Dee
5. Incineroar
6. Banjo Kazooie

Echoes (I could see 2-4 more even)

1. Shadow
2. Isabelle
3. Ken
4. Dixie
5. Black Shadow
6. Black Knight
7. Impa

Dlc (I could see more Echoes here and even a surprise Waluigi addition)

1. Spring Man (ribbon girl echo)
2. Rex and Pyra
3. Paper Mario
4. Chorus Kids
5. Rayman
6. Heihachi
7. Sora
8. Octoling echo
9. Master Chief
10. Crash Bandicoot
11. Dante

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ya'll are missing the obvious, the most famous Banjo in all of gaming

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone of you ever wanted Deoxys as a Newcomer? I've been hoping for him to be in Brawl and in Sm4sh. There's just so much cool stuff I can imagine with his 4 different forms. Even if he can't change them like Zelda/Sheik could back in the day, it would already be cool if he changed into his defense form for example when using down special as a counter or if he went into his initiative form during his recovery. ^^

Man, I'd love to play with him. :D

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's just Sonic and Blaze clashing.
I'm assuming you actually played a Rush game. It's called Rush. Like, it's a glorified dash attack but stronger and it's been a staple ever since whether you call it Rush or Boost or spamming the X button to go fast.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Has anyone of you ever wanted Deoxys as a Newcomer? I've been hoping for him to be in Brawl and in Sm4sh. There's just so much cool stuff I can imagine with his 4 different forms. Even if he can't change them like Zelda/Sheik could back in the day, it would already be cool if he changed into his defense form for example when using down special as a counter or if went into his initiative form during his recovery. ^^

Going the Shulk route is the most logical course of action. However, he would still have to go up against 800+ Pokémon vying for a spot.

smash_ballots___pokemon_by_dragonith-d8ovz7q.png

I know the spoiler mentions 100 less, but the list never stops growin'. It's the one series besides Fire Emblem where it's risky to ask for somebody specific.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A thought that came to me recently is how Celica and Alm are both very requested FE character that could pretty easily be added in as echo fighters (Likely as DLC, considering Chrom is in the base game).
Or even better...an Alm/Celica combo (better than :ulticeclimbers::ultpokemontrainer::ultrosalina: and Rex/Pyra+Mythra)...never gonna happen though

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Has anyone of you ever wanted Deoxys as a Newcomer? I've been hoping for him to be in Brawl and in Sm4sh. There's just so much cool stuff I can imagine with his 4 different forms. Even if he can't change them like Zelda/Sheik could back in the day, it would already be cool if he changed into his defense form for example when using down special as a counter or if he went into his initiative form during his recovery. ^^

It was my most wanted Pokemon back in the Brawl days. Too bad gen 3 got snubbed in favor of the then more recent gen 4... :T

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Or even better...an Alm/Celica combo (better than :ulticeclimbers::ultpokemontrainer::ultrosalina: and Rex/Pyra+Mythra)...never gonna happen though
Yeah, fraid not.

Those guys and a Hector echo for Ike that has larger hitboxes but is also a bigger body, alongside a new fe newcomer would make an excellent bit of DLC. That's like, every super desired fe character who could be an echo feasibly.

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
Going the Shulk route is the most logical course of action. However, he would still have to go up against 800+ Pokémon vying for a spot.

I know the spoiler mentions 100 less, but the list never stops growin'. It's the one series besides Fire Emblem where it's risky to ask for somebody specific.
Yeah, I also thought of the Shulk route. Could be cool as well. ^^
And yeah, a specific Pokémon isn't very likely to happen but I'll keep hoping as long as there's gonna be new Smash-Games. ^^ (especially since there aren't that many Characters left that I'd REAAAAALLY scream from joy if they'd be revealed ^^ ).

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm assuming you actually played a Rush game. It's called Rush. Like, it's a glorified dash attack but stronger and it's been a staple ever since whether you call it Rush or Boost or spamming the X button to go fast.
I'm pretty sure it's called "Super Boost" in Rush and Rush Adventure.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman

I love how Agumon is hiding among them. Really wish the guy got in.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
A thought that came to me recently is how Celica and Alm are both very requested FE character that could pretty easily be added in as echo fighters (Likely as DLC, considering Chrom is in the base game).

Celica could be a Robin echo: Add a tipper mechanic to the sword but get rid of the levin sword. Replace destructible equipment with stronger specials and a self damaging mechanic.

Alm would work well as a Link echo: Both use sword and bow. They'd just need to change his down and side b. A counter is an easy down b. Side b could be marth's or Ike's.
Would alm work as an ike echo? and they could even still give him Link's neutral special

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
No one talking about this? Seems like big news.
Thankfully it confirms it's when you lose a stock, you coms back as your next chosen character, like in Smash Tour's end game. I LOVED that. Gonna abuse that mode. Thanks for the info.

My question for PAX today is the ultimate demo. Is it the same as the previous ones, but with K Rool, Chrom, and Dark Samus added to it? Or any gameplay changes? Any changes at all? Haven't heard anything about it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I find it weird that I just found out Sakurai's married. And also that his wife designs the CSS and menus for the Smash games. I assume everyone else knows this, right?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I may just be crazy but I think we're going to get a lot more echoes. I think six or seven more. That's just the feeling I get. I think Shadow, Ken, Impa, Dixie, Isabelle, Black Knight, and Medusa all getting in is entirely possible. I also think they'll have a standalone trailer that's just an echo showcase which confirms several at once. None of this is really based on anything. It's just my gut feeling.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well I had another Smash newcomer related dream. And as always it's an out of nowhere character. It was Paint Roller from Kirby. XD

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
My question for PAX today is the ultimate demo. Is it the same as the previous ones, but with K Rool, Chrom, and Dark Samus added to it? Or any gameplay changes? Any changes at all? Haven't heard anything about it.
Unlikely. Making separate demo builds eats up dev time. I figure Sakurai wants as much time as he can get.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hope Impa is not an echo just for the fact that everyone wants her as a Sheik echo and Sheik has literally the most boring move pool of any Smash character.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I find it weird that I just found out Sakurai's married. And also that his wife designs the CSS and menus for the Smash games. I assume everyone else knows this, right?
Really? That's cute :surprised:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm a casual player, so I pick characters I just like. For 3v3, I'd go with :ultpokemontrainer::ultbowserjr::ultkrool:, and for 5v5 I would add :ultlink::ultgnw: and have every game represented, or have :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: swapped in for more nostalgia. :ultkrool: is tentative depending on how Ultimate's roster eventually turns out.
One character for each game, eh?

:ultjigglypuff::ultzelda::ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer::ultrichter:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah. That's why I address all my complaints to Mrs. Sakurai.

REMOVE GAMES AND MORE, DAMMIT
GO TO A GRAPHIC DESIGN CLASS.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
She also did Melee, Kirby Air Ride, Brawl, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Meteos.

Fun fact, she designs them based on how she's directed to. It wasn't her choice to place Games & More into existence.

Geez, you guys treat her work as if it was all her idea.
To be fair, 4 was jank in general in terms of some of its new ideas and characters. At least no one can blame her for Smash Tour existing.

Well I had another Smash newcomer related dream. And as always it's an out of nowhere character. It was Paint Roller from Kirby. XD
Sad thing is, I could kind of see that happen.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There would still need to be a main character that you play as though It's not like every frame of animation can be a different character
That’s basically my point.

A character that can summon other characters from the series that will do their moves for certain attacks.

Iridium

Smash Hero
She also did Melee, Kirby Air Ride, Brawl, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Meteos.

Fun fact, she designs them based on how she's directed to. It wasn't her choice to place Games & More into existence.

Geez, you guys treat her work as if it was all her idea.
Wait, who said that?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd rather have ****ing swanky kong in this game before another fire emblem character
View attachment 160970
Shiny
I hope Impa is not an echo just for the fact that everyone wants her as a Sheik echo and Sheik has literally the most boring move pool of any Smash character.
...:ultmiifighters:...
You’re kinda late...by like...25 years
Yeah, fraid not.

Those guys and a Hector echo for Ike that has larger hitboxes but is also a bigger body, alongside a new fe newcomer would make an excellent bit of DLC. That's like, every super desired fe character who could be an echo feasibly.
I’d be shocked if we managed to get either of those characters in with or without an echo tbh (at least until dlc)
Yes, and she's finally improved, it seems.
One “bad” menu...compared to many great ones
667BC536-A33B-491A-8903-0F80C01F51DA.png
FA250E79-57FF-4F2F-8166-0475B8C3AA6C.jpeg

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Sakurai: "We recieved over 30,000 votes for Banjo from Banjo Kazooie, but only 2,000 of them requested Kazooie to be with Banjo. Since the fans dont want Kazooie, its just Banio joining the battle."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom