• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sonic doesn’t need a bounce bracelet, the technique itself is called the Bound Jump or Bounce Jump and it appears in multiple Sonic games starting with 3.

In games like 3&K, Generations or Mania you need a Bubble Shield, SA2 and 06 requires the bracelet and in games like Advance 2, Battle, Advance 3 and Lost World it’s just a regular part of Sonic’s move pool.

Light Speed Dash as a side b could be neat. If you wanted to give Sonic a projectile you could go for the Sonic Wave from Battle.
I dont think sonic needs any of his shields. it would of been a nice nod to have a bubble, fire or that electric one as his natural shield like how Yoshi has an egg shield. Sonic wave maybe, would be nice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So all people need to do now is post official artwork with not text and that's all it takes to be considered a leak now?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Some people have said that if Shadow is an Echo Fighter, he should have Mewtwo's up-b, but I think he should also have Greninja's Down B.

Instead of disappearing in a puff of smoke and leaving behind a plushie/log, he disappears in in a warp effect, and leaves behind a Chaos Emerald.

Also, It'd be cool if they gave all his kick moves fire effects, since he wears those weird jet shoes and all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
that elma post could be a stealth leak from someone who's seen her and her alts ingame. and tbh they do look like official palettes. its 4chan though so who knows.
Have you played Xenoblade X?
Have you SEEN Xenoblade X promotional artwork?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Not to mention that everything that's covered on here usually has one or two people 5-10 pages later reposting it asking if we've looked at it yet.
Every single day.
Guys have we already discussed this image yet?
Leak

Edit: Ok seriously whats worng with teh forum? not either images and links are working here... tyvm smashboards for ruining a good joke ._.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ssb5_geno___smash_palettes_by_zanethedragon-dbbcyzh.jpg

OMG I think we have a confirmation here. Even uses the actually rendered alternate capes from Mario RPG

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Some people have said that if Shadow is an Echo Fighter, he should have Mewtwo's up-b, but I think he should also have Greninja's Down B.

Instead of disappearing in a puff of smoke and leaving behind a plushie/log, he disappears in in a warp effect, and leaves behind a Chaos Emerald.

Also, It'd be cool if they gave all his kick moves fire effects, since he wears those weird jet shoes and all.
I was hoping his Dash attack would be him grinding to a halt as the jets spark forward from his feet in a short-range grounded wave.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
What if for Rhythm Heaven, instead of picking one character to represent the series, Sakurai instead makes a character that can have multiple characters from the series appear to make one moveset.

I mean, although I haven’t played Rhythm Heaven, I do know that there are a ton of characters with different mini games that you play. So I wonder if Sakurai ends up deciding to instead have one moveset with moves from different characters from the series, like have the Chrous Kids appear for Smash attacks, Karate Joe for a special, the Wrestlers for a grab/throw, and I wouldn’t put it past Sakurai for doing something like this.

Just an idea I was working on.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What if for Rhythm Heaven, instead of picking one character to represent the series, Sakurai instead makes a character that can have multiple characters from the series appear to make one moveset.

I mean, although I haven’t played Rhythm Heaven, I do know that there are a ton of characters with different mini games that you play. So I wonder if Sakurai ends up deciding to instead have one moveset with moves from different characters from the series, like have the Chrous Kids appear for Smash attacks, Karate Joe for a special, the Wrestlers for a grab/throw, and I wouldn’t put it past Sakurai for doing something like this.

Mr. Rhythm Heaven? :gawmelee:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

There would still need to be a main character that you play as though It's not like every frame of animation can be a different character

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I dont think sonic needs any of his shields. it would of been a nice nod to have a bubble, fire or that electric one as his natural shield like how Yoshi has an egg shield.
Not saying he needs shields, just saying he doesn’t need shields or gadgets to perform certain attacks since there are plenty of games where they’re just part of his default moveset. I think the only move he actually needs a gadget for is Magic Hand since it never shows up again.

I kinda wonder how one would be able to work Sonic’s wind based moves into his moveset, I remember someone suggested putting a windbox on some of his attacks as a substitute for Sonic Wind and Tornado.

Chrono.

On the SMT talk from earlier:

Flynn as the main rep with a Yu echo or vice versa could work just fine as they both pretty much fight the same. But on the other hand, Yu has Izanagi which Flynn... Doesn't.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I kinda wonder how one would be able to work Sonic’s wind based moves into his moveset, I remember someone suggested putting a windbox on some of his attacks as a substitute for Sonic Wind and Tornado.
Or give him this.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894

I wouldn't be opposed to this, I just want SOMETHING rhythm related

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just thought of something with the ballot

With people writing "Banjo" "Banjo Kazooie" and "Banjo and Kazooie" it'd be funny if Nintendo marked them down as separate choices and Banjo didn't get what looked like much votes because of it

Last edited:

Chrono.

With people writing "Banjo" "Banjo Kazooie" and "Banjo and Kazooie" it'd be funny if Nintendo marked them down as separate choices and Banjo didn't get what looked like much votes because of it
That would be ****ing tone deaf of them but also hilarious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Sorry, but Banjo cannot be in Smash Bros. Instruments are just not video game characters.

thank you for the useless smarmy response.
My pleasure.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

You shut your heathen mouth, fwiend! Blasphemy, buddeh!

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Does Hanenbow count?

:4pacman:
God I forgot that stage existed, probably because I didn't like it. I meant to say rhythm heaven :laugh: I actually have no clue what electroplankton is tbh

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
During the next "New Items" segment of Smash Direct they are going to introduce a new item: The Banjo

Shoots sound waves in all directions

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On the SMT talk from earlier:

Flynn as the main rep with a Yu echo or vice versa could work just fine as they both pretty much fight the same. But on the other hand, Yu has Izanagi which Flynn... Doesn't.
They don't.
At all.

Unless Yu has a baretta hidden in his school uniform or Flynn has a man-like stand, they aren't even remotely similar other than their sword.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

If Shadow does the attacks he does in the intro of his edgy game after teleporting to a different cop, then yes please

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I've thought of this too, but admittedly I don't know anything about the series. Ives see Rhythm Heaven Girl and Tibby thrown around as a rep and mayeb their moves would cause them to use other cases of RH. Or maybe that's what chorus Kids was meant to be?

They could totally go the G&W route and have the Chorus Kids perform moves and attacks that other RH characters would be able to do. That's a very Smash thing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I'm sure they would at least notice that they all got "Banjo-Kazooie" written down as their origin game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they actually read the reasons or if that was just copy protection (i.e. a million votes for Waluigi all have the same description so they're considered bot'd)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait a minute, did someone say Elma Leak?

If so, could I have a link, because I’m actually really curious right now.

(Also on the topic of SMT Joker thxkbye)

ChaosSharpedo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosSharpedo
Switch FC
SW-8187-0600-4038
Wait a minute, did someone say Elma Leak?

If so, could I have a link, because I’m actually really curious right now.

(Also on the topic of SMT Joker thxkbye)
It's just some fan recoloring of her Xenoblade X model on 4chan.
I made the mistake of posting it here thinking it might have a chance of being real, but it isn't.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Damn it, they worked with a rival company and still got the wrong Banjo.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I made the mistake of posting it here thinking it might have a chance of being real, but it isn't.
Don’t feel bad. I was one of the people thinking maybe the colored chairs behind Sakurai meant something important. Or that the Rayman cloud in the K. Rool reveal is evidence of his inclusion(like Pac-Man). You can’t possibly be as dumb as me, guy. Don’t try it. It won’t work.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh well never mind then, guess I got myself excited for nothing... :(

(Still though nonetheless I really hope it happens pls Sakurai)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Everyone is predicting newcomers based on current conditions/hints, missing statuses, and popularity in the ballot.

Meanwhile for me back in July when I was finalizing my predictions, I have been feeling real tension each day to find out if my researched predictions that people normally would not have predicted prior to the August Direct or been against would pay off well like Skull Kid.

So far, it looks like my risky predictions have been paying off very satisfyingly.

Although, I am still feeling tense an every day with my predictions of Lip, Layton, Hanafuda, Lycanroc, and other newcomers I did not predict like Heihachi, Lloyd, etc. I feel most immensely tense with my Bandanna Dee prediction.

Living on the edge as a speculator feels great!

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
A thought that came to me recently is how Celica and Alm are both very requested FE character that could pretty easily be added in as echo fighters (Likely as DLC, considering Chrom is in the base game).

Celica could be a Robin echo: Add a tipper mechanic to the sword but get rid of the levin sword. Replace destructible equipment with stronger specials and a self damaging mechanic.

Alm would work well as a Link echo: Both use sword and bow. They'd just need to change his down and side b. A counter is an easy down b. Side b could be marth's or Ike's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom